Wild Souls || Twilight Saga:...

By Ashlinized

"And so she learned that love was something you couldn't force; you had to trust that the universe would brin... More

S U M M A R Y
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
PT. 2
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N

F I V E

15.7K 656 62
By Ashlinized

"Yeah, I'm gonna stick around for awhile. Help Bella with Renessme and her transition." Alessia answered Kane, leaning against the balcony, teetering on her heels as she spoke and watched the bright sky above them. It was quite a cloudless day, the sky was a bright blue and there was even birds chirping. It seemed like the picture of perfection, and from the looks of the day either it could go very well or end badly. Bella was due to awaken any second now which meant they were going to deal with her thirst while protecting Renessme at all costs.

"Can't say I'm really surprised." Kane didn't sound as disappointed as she assumed he'd be, instead, there was almost joy in his tone, like he was happy for her.

She raised a brow, "and why is that?"

"How's the wolf?" He countered.

"You're a nuisance." She retorted with a scoff.

His husky laugh followed her answer, and she could just picture him sitting in that old wicker chair of his porch, night sky peaking at its fullest as he leaned back in relaxation. "Yeah okay, well I'm here whenever you want to come back or not. This time don't wait decades though, I'd like to see my best friend more often. Bye Alessia."

"Thanks Kane, you're the best. I promise." She hung up the phone quickly, tucking the silver thing into her back pocket and turning where she was met face to face with Jacob.

She hadn't even heard him come outside and he appeared to be slightly embarrassed to be caught but swallowed thickly and spoke, "Edward says Bella should be waking up soon. Should we get Renessme?"

Alessia didn't bother to question his slightly confusing expression, "I guess if Rose will give her up, she doesn't like to share Ness."

"I'll get her then." His tone took on a deeper level and was ready to swivel around when Alessia stopped him.

She forgot how easily Jacob was protective over Renessme and her, since he'd declared the child theirs anytime someone got too close for comfort between them he'd snarl. It was beginning to worry her seeing as Bella would wake any moment and being a ravenous newborn already had her on edge she didn't need a werewolf to worry about.

"Jacob, its fine." She said sternly and his facial expressed dropped, letting her pass by.

In the course of 3 days the two had spent more time together then ever before, wherever Alessia was with Renessme, Jacob was somewhere near. If she was rocking the child to sleep at night Jacob was there, spread across the small couch, falling asleep as well. If the strawberry blonde was being honest with herself she didn't know what to make of it, the kiss had been a momentary lapse of weakness she desperately needed. Seeing him put his life on the line for something she loved made the lava full of anger slowly begin to recede, but in no means had much changed.

She came into the living room, where Rosalie was bouncing the newborn on her hip. Alessia craned her neck up to hear Bella's heartbeat begin to slow and she was in front of Rosalie in seconds. Her arms asked for the child and although Rosalie took longer then necessary, she complied. The bouncing child adjusted to her aunts embrace perfectly, releasing a sigh of content as she did so. Jacob was beside both girl soon after, his finger gliding over the child's hair. His sparkling eyes met Alessia's like they always did and her breath cut short, she wasn't sure what it was in them that made her weak in the knees, but it was enough of a force to have her conjuring up blank spaces in her mind.

Bella's heart stopping ripped their bond apart, they looked away, everyone locking their bodies in place. Alessia tightened her arms around a sleeping Renessme and lifted her hand around Jacobs' elbow.

His brown eyes caught her and took a protective step in front of them, nodding silently. It was his way of letting her know that he was there to keep them safe.

|•|•|•|•|

"They'll be back any moment, Edward said he'd be taking her far enough but staying close to the house. Bella will want to see Renessme." Jasper spoke up, standing near the exits and windows as they anticipated the couples return.

Alessia bounced the baby in her arms, keeping calm despite the many dangerous possibilities that could occur at any moment. Still she stayed put, calming as she remembered that every person in the room would be there to protect the child, and even Jacob was there to put his life on the line.

"I just wish we could give her some practice before," she mumbled lowly, although it was clear everyone in the room heard as they nodded.

"Not like Edward would give us a chance to do something like that." Rosalie retorted.

Jacobs' head turned in their direction, eyes squinting as if he had figured something out and saying. "What if I went out there before? Test dummy and all?"

"That would be ideal..."

"Don't even think about it..."

Rosalie and Alessia met eyes once more, between them a silent debate as they bickered wordlessly over who would get the upper hand here. Neither wavered until finally Jacob stepped in once the footsteps began to grow close.

"Look, its our best bet right now. Besides, she won't bite me and if she tries to I'll shift into a wolf? Its best for Nessie, you know that."

The strawberry blonde felt herself resigning in her efforts until finally she was turning away anxiously. It was hard to deny the fact but even more so when Jacob asked her with his puppy brown eyes. His footsteps stomped outside just as Bella and Edward grew closer and Alessia felt her breathing cut short.

"You do realize Bella might kill him." Emmett pointed out, speaking softly.

Alessia raised a brow, "don't say that."

"It's the way he looks at you with Renessme, Im surprised he hasn't taken Rose's arm off every time she comes near you, now can you imagine Bella as her mother?" Emmett continued and judging by the way everyone stayed silent and avoided eye contact they also felt the same way.

She licked her lips and bit her bottom one, looking down at the child who had her cheek pressed tightly against her chest. Her hand was clasping the thin chain around her neck tightly, like she didn't want to let her aunt go. The child's chocolate brown eyes were widely blown, patiently awaiting an explanation for all their commotion.

She was smart, Alessia knew this very well, which meant she was most likely already putting everything together. She decided to stay silent, despite the child mental pleads as her small hand cupped her aunts alabaster skin.

"Gotta be patient Ness." She mentally replied, winking at the child as the door opened.

Jacob swung the door open, immediately letting in the cold air but also the smell of the child's parents closing in. It prompted her to begin pulling up and with the help of her aunt she was able to sit properly. The wolf was determined, walking straight towards them both and sending Alessia a look of anxiety as he took a place next to her, closer then ever. She swallowed thickly, eyeing him as Nessie put a hand on his arm to calm his nerves. It was her way of telling them both that everything was fine. The surrogate parents of the child instantly calmed at the child smile.

Bella stepped in, ruby eyes zeroing in on the small child. Alessia could see it, the instant mother daughter connection they both had. Renessme's hand on her arm showed her inside the child's mind which consisted of nothing but Bella. There was brittle Bella on the bed, near moments from death and then the new one that had slept while Edward had rocked her to sleep. Renessme was asking if this was the same women, her mother.

Alessia looked down towards the child and nodded. "Yes, that's her."

"Welcome to the family. You look amazing, Bella." Alice was the first to greet the newborn, her delicate voice chiming with happiness. Bella only gave her a soft smile in response.

Rosalie followed, Emmett trailing behind her as she greeted her newest sister."Someone's been waiting to meet you."

She stepped away and it was Alessia who began taking small steps towards her, Jacob shadowing as his eyes were on the baby. Alessia could tell Bella noticed this as her eyes flickered away from the baby for a split seconds and to the tall wolf who had a grim look upon his face. She didn't understand any of it, certainly not why Alessia was allowing his hovering but it wasn't her concern at the moment as she focused on the sole reason for her death.

Renessme.

"Beautiful." Bella whispered and the redhead assumed she hadn't mean to speak that allowed but it didn't matter, it was all true. The mother instinctively reached out to grasp the child but her hands stopped a meter away from the child, her blood red eyes looking towards her sister in law. Questioning wether she should take the child.

Alessia smiled, her pink lips giving her a response. "Go ahead."

Bella didn't need another response as she gently grabbed the child like she was made of valuable glass. Her eyes widened, mouth dropping as the baby giggled and clapped her hands. Renessme placed one of her palms against her mothers face and Bella's eyes shut tightly.

Alessia lifted a delighted brow towards Edward who nodded in silence. The child had inherited the Masein trait, a gift of mental telepathy. It was shocking when her palm had placed itself against Alessia's soft cheeks after Jacobs departure and the loud roar of a wolf. She'd asked what it was and her aunt had been so shocked words could not escape. Now it seemed that Bella was going through the same phase as her eyes burst open to anyone near. "What was that?"

Edward spoke up, softly speaking. "She showed you the first memory she has of you."

"Showed me? How?

"How do Alessia and I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future? She's gifted." The child's father spoke so proudly and with such soft words it made Alessia melt.

"I've only been out for two days?" Bella continued with her questions.

Carlisle cleared his throat and nodded, stepping closer. "Her growth rate is unprecedented."

It was silent for a moment, and Alessia took a step back as she admired her brothers family. She was so proud of what he'd accomplished. Jacob suddenly stepped in however, bringing his arms near the child. "All right. That's enough experimenting for one day. I think it's time to give her back to Alessia."

"Jacob stop." Alessia shook her head, grasping the flannel he was wearing and gently attempting to push him back.

"Jacob. She's doing great." Edward also butt in with a little more hostile.

The wolf cast his eyes upon his imprint who was trying to voice her thoughts through their eyes and although she tried with everything in her power to tell him to knock it off he didn't seem to understand. "Yeah. Let's not push it though. She's safer with Alessia."

Bella snapped at that point, stepping back as her voice dropped in tone and held her daughter protectively. "What's your problem?"

Emmett seemed to be the only one finding joy as he playfully spoke. "Oh. Do tell her, Jacob. This should be good."

Rosalie smacked him across the arm for Alessia as her lips pressed together in concern.

"Bella. Look, it's not what you're thinking. I've already imprinted on Alessia. This is different, I had to do this to save all of you. And I know it may not sound like much but it's instinctual now." Jacob attempted to plead, his eyes widening. He's begun to take steps back towards where Alessia had stilled.

Bella raised one of her eyebrows, growing further impatient. "What is it?"

"Um... I don't have any control over it anymore but it also doesn't mean what you think. Bella. I promise." His warning kept going on, dancing around the subject as Bella's patience grew thin. Alessia continued to stare at the boy.

"Tell me. Now." Bella slowly said the words.

"When you died and Sam was about to attack I had to do something... I had to make sure they didn't kill Renessme and Alessia so I... I declared Renessme our child so Sam wouldn't attack. Now I protect her like she is ours." Jacob exhaled all the words, defeated as he touched Alessia's arm to his.

Bella began to shake, locking her jaw as the seconds ticked by and nothing escaped her lips. Alessia looked to her brother who assured her everything was okay but there was doubt in her mind Bella was about to explode.

"You think that just because you save my daughter you suddenly have some claim over her and I can't touch her?" Bella snarled, she suddenly was very aware of the fact her child was still in her hands. She turned towards Rosalie, handing the baby off. "Take Renesmee out of the room."

"Oh." Jacob spoke with fear.

"You've done it now." Alessia whispered to him, although slightly concerned she didn't really know what to expect.

"After everything you've done to her suddenly you think giving Alessia my baby will make up for it!" Bella snatched Jacob by the back of the neck. Forcing him to be practically dragged with his head down as she kicked open the back doors and threw him into the forest.

Edward passed his sister, a small smirk on his face. Her lips were in a tight line as he walked past, "stop her before I will."

"She's doing this for you." He mumbled as they walked out back.

"You know I can't let that happen."

They came out back, and Bella was circling Jacob like he was her prey. Alessia stepped slowly off the wooden steps, growing anxious as her brother did nothing.

"She's mine!" Bella roared, slapping him back so his back bounced off a tree.

"Bella," Alessia felt her voice growing deeper. "Control yourself."

"Nessie likes me! Bella please," he continued to beg. Seth and Leah appeared behind him, the white wolf ready to snap. "Back off you two!"

However Bella suddenly snapped, her body went still for a minute and suddenly she was full of rage and murderous intentions. "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster!"

Her intentions were to attack, ready to jump and demolish Jacob Black but Alessia burst into the confrontation. She stood protectively in front of Jacob and tore straight through Bella's mind. With little effort she forced the brunette to completely shut down, crashing against one of the trees beside them like she'd been thrown.

Bella thumped loudly, swaying the tall tree for a moment as she regained balance and pushed her locks of hair out of the way. When she looked up her discovery left her dumbfounded as Alessia snarled in front of her, a relieved Jacob behind her as he clamped his palms over her shoulders and she relaxed.

It seemed like she'd missed a lot the last three days...

|•|•|•|•|

AND PART TWO COMMENCES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.5K 25
"You shouldn't have come" ° ° ° After leaving the Cullen and her brother, Irene is travelling around the world, running away from the Volturi. Leavin...
17K 350 20
"Okay, come on. We're both adults here. We can tell people we're...together." - Jake. Permanent. Like Sharpies. That's what they were looking at now...
373K 8.7K 35
"I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe That we're meant to be But jealousy, jealousy, jealousy, jealousy Get the best of me Look, I don't mean t...
349K 7.7K 19
'She's so complicated that's the way god made her, sunshine mixed with a little hurricane. That girl is the perfect storm' "How come she can't see...