Blood Family

By LexTheAuthor

"Don't ever leave me again" With age comes responsibility, some comes sooner than for others. Being in a fami... More

Before you read/ Family Tree
Chapter One : Matrimony
Chapter Two : Propostion
Chapter Three : Chance Encounters
Chapter Four : Switching It Up
Chapter Five : Out of Line
Chapter Six : Pawns
Chapter Seven : Loosing Your Head
Chapter Eight : All This Love
Chapter Nine : Plotting & Vengence
Chapter Ten : Deadly Moves
Chapter Eleven : Alvin
Chapter Twelve : Insulting
Chapter Thirteen : Grimy
Chapter Fourteen : Nice & Slow
Chapter Fifteen : Old & New
Chapter Sixteen : Christmas Eve
Chapter Seventeen : Incriminating
Chapter Eighteen : Fireworks
Chapter Ninteen : Look What You've Done
Chapter Twenty : Drugs R Us
Chapter Twenty One : Bygones Be Bygones
Chapter Twenty Two : Coming To Light
Chapter Twenty Three : Have You Ever
Chapter Twenty Four : Exchange
Chapter Twenty Five : Come See Me
Chapter Twenty Six : Burning
Chapter Twenty Seven : Mo Money Mo Problems
Chapter Twenty Eight : Savage
Chapter Twenty Nine : 5-O
Chapter Thirty : Doubts & Fear
Chapter Thirty One : Unconditional
Chapter Thirty Two : Ironic
Chapter Thirty Three : Growth
Chapter Thirty Four : Resentment
Chapter Thirty Six : Cause & Effect
Chapter Thirty Seven : Cut You Off
Chapter Thirty Eight : I Care
Chapter Thirty Nine : Well Done
Chapter forty : No Mercy
Chapter Forty One : Brotherhood
Chapter Forty Two : Too Close
Chapter Forty Three : Blood Line Part One
Chapter Forty Four : Blood Line Part Two
Epligoue

Chapter Thirty Five : California Love

138K 2.7K 10.2K
By LexTheAuthor

Ajani Turner

"Gyal are you even listening to me?" Khan questioned into the phone as my eyes preceded to roll into the back of my head, I arched my back letting a moan seep out of my mouth. I gripped onto some of Kaine's hair as his hands gripped my thighs and he tossed one of my legs over his shoulder.

I hung up before dropping my phone onto the ground as the orgasm I felt building up exploded and I bit down onto my lip. Kaine preceded to lick the area before he trailed his kisses up my stomach. I heard his zipper go down and I had to close my legs feeling the throbbing sensation that he'd caused.

I stared at the ceiling in complete bliss and Kaine leaned over and picked up my phone from the floor before he sat it on the dresser. Kaine laid next to me as he gave me a look of pure lust and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. Sex with Kaine was always good but it was just always a million times better when he was drunk.

I straddled his lap as he pushed his pants down some. I leaned down and kissed his mouth sloppily as he pushed into me. Kaine snaked his arms around my waist as he pushed me further down onto him and bit his lip.

"Um Ajani? We're gonna take Knox to get breakfast and Johan said we're gonna bring Kieran too so he's getting his bottles ready. Do you want us to bring you guys back something?" Aaron yelled after knocking on the door.

I stopped and Kaine sat up some at the mention of breakfast. I continued to grind into him as I rested my head in the crook of his neck. He moaned silently loosing his train of thought before he called out to Aaron.

"Bring me back two bagels and cream cheese, some bacons and eggs and orange juice. Get Ajani her usual!" Kaine shouted before he laid back on the bed gripping my ass. We heard the hotel door open and close from our room signaling Aaron had left.

I pulled my hair up as I continued to moan while exposing my breasts. Kaine flipped us over allowing my legs to wrap around his waist as he buried his face into my neck.

I didn't know if it was because I'd never been with another man before but Kaine just had really good dick, I'd never tell him that because it'd just boost his ego and I'd never hear the end of it.

Kaine's speed went up and a few strokes later he let out a huff as he preceded to nut. His face buried into the crook of my neck as I closed my eyes and clutched his back reaching my peak soon after.

My husband collapsed next to me and I watched his chest go up and down as he stared at the ceiling. When I touched his warm face he slowly turned his head and kissed my hand allowing my thumb to brush against his lower lip.

"Now we have to get up and start our day. I'm not even going to lie, my legs feel like jelly and I might not be able to walk normally for a couple of hours" I admitted and Kaine raised an eyebrow before he rubbed at his chin.

"Then that means I did my job right" He said smirking evilly as he got out of bed, I tried to relax but he lifted me up and carried me into the bathroom where we eventually had more sex before washing up completely.

I exited out of the bathroom a little after Kaine and he was sitting at the foot of the bed with a towel around his waist as he talked on the phone. I slowly walked into the living room feeling a little funny and collapsed onto the couch.

The suite was only quiet for a moment until Angelo entered from the balcony. He walked over and laid on top of me as I frowned and shifted some turning my head.

"Bwoy what are you doing?" I questioned trying to roll him onto the floor but he was heavier than me and at that moment I was still in bliss and it'd take a while for me to come down from that.

"I woke up to the sound of y'all fucking. I silently cheered my cousin on" Angelo admitted. He smelled like a mixture of smoke and his usual body spray.

"Lo get off of me before Kaine comes around the corner and punches you in the face. I'm trying to relax anyway bwoy" I complained not being able to get comfortable under all of his weight.

"I need you to do me a favor. Remember that woman named Goddess I was telling you about? She won't give me a chance and I need you to accidentally run into her somewhere and talk me up, you'd do that for me right lil dawg?" Angelo questioned and I closed my eyes.

"Nope. You want her you need to work for it" I explain and he smacked his teeth dramatically as he moved off of me. He laid next to me on the couch and squished me into the inside as his arm hung off of the edge of the couch and he stared at the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" Kaine questioned as he walked into the living room of the Suite. Angelo looked up at him briefly before back at the ceiling.

"Obviously we're laying down. It's not that deep" Angelo responded as I sat up. I remember there was a time before Kaine and I got married or even met back up again that Angelo remained my friend and let it be know that no matter what happened between Kaine and he'd always be there for me.

Kaine pulled both of my hands up gently as he helped me get up just as the Suite door opened and Aaron came walking in with Knox and Kieran. He was holding a bag of food in one hand and Kaine took our youngest son from his arms while I picked up Knox who came running to me dressed like Johan had gotten him dressed this morning.

"Mama look it" Knox pointed to the doorway and a few seconds later my uncle Zaire appeared as he talked with Johan. I walked over to him and smiled some only for my smile to falter a little as Marco appeared after him.

He looked at me for awhile and I lowered Knox to the ground before walking over to him and giving him a big hug.

"I'm okay, are you okay?" I questioned as I pulled back some and looked at him. He slowly nodded before I watched him take a seat on the couch. His eyes landed on Knox and then at Kaine who was holding Kieran, he quickly looked at Zaire as if he needed confirmation.

"I told you Ajani had babies, those are her babies" Zaire assured and Kaine offered Marco a chance to hold Kieran while Knox stood hugging my thigh and observing him.

"Bambino that's uncle Marco, be nice" I warn rubbing my son's face and his eyes stayed on Marco before they eventually went to the door where my mom was coming in. Knox went running to her and Marco appeared nervous as he gave Zaire another look.

"Nana" Knox said happily as she gave him kisses. I walked over to her and she pulled me into a tight hug. I knew she was coming over because she'd texted me when she and my brothers got off of the private jet but I just had no idea my uncles were coming over.

I watched my mom who's eyes went over to Marco and he was already looking at her. He'd been refusing to see her for awhile now, I knew it was because he didn't want her sympathy. He didn't want anyone's sympathy and that was understandable, people treated him like he wasn't himself.

"AMZ is together again, all we're missing is Darius with his funny looking ass" Zaire mumbled and I laughed as Kaine pulled me to the side to ask me a question.

"Did Marco and your mom have history? I remember before he got shot they were close but I never bothered to ask" He said and I thought about it.

"They dated when they were teenagers before she met my fadda. I don't know what their relationship is like now because obviously she's in love with my dad but she has a lot of love and respect for Marco" I said watching my mom take a seat next to him on the couch.

Marco continued to hold Kieran in his arms while my three month old son just continued to look at him. The bwoy wasn't going to cry but he wouldn't stop staring and I honestly found it so cute, it was times like this that he reminded me of Kaine.

"Mama do you know why uncle O called us here? I didn't like it here when I was a kid and I don't like it now, everyone is always staring" Johan mumbled with an attitude.

"I don't, but you need to be nice. This is part of your family too, you love uncle O don't you?" Our mother questioned and Johan smacked his teeth.

"Just because I like the bwoy doesn't mean I have to like the rest. I only tolerate Sincere, I hate Q, Sharif is okay and I'm in different to everyone else except uncle Zaire and Uncle Darius. No offense Marco I just never knew you like that" Johan said and Marco nodded slowly not being offended.

"Well you need to be on your best behavior, sometimes in life we have to do what we don't want to do" my mother reminded and Johan rolled his eyes as he took a seat on the couch and pulled Knox onto his lap.

I noticed Aaron and Kaine were standing off to themselves and I walked over to them. My eyes scanned around the room for a sign of Moses but I had no idea where he went.

"Where's Saint and Moses?" I questioned and Aaron shrugged as he looked down at his phone unaware of where the two guests he'd brought along went.

"I think Moses went to go visit some of his family that lives out here and Saint is somewhere being Saint" Aaron said with a simple shrug.

I walked over to the table where our food was sitting and Kaine eventually followed me over as we went through the bag. Aaron remained standing in the corner being bashful as he looked at his phone to distract himself.

"Hey bwoy, I guess you can add Marco to the list of people Kieran likes more than you. I guess the likkle bwoy has good taste in people" Johan said with an evil grin. Kaine looked over at Kieran who looked half asleep as Marco supported the back of his head while he laid on his chest and sucked on a pacifier.

Kaine mumbled something under his breath as he sat down with me. He took a deep breath not letting Johan's words get to him.

"Hey mama, do you know where fadda and the bwoys are?" I questioned my mother who looked up from her conversation with Zaire and Marco.

"He took them to Calvin's house earlier" She said and I nodded before I preceded to eat. Kaine watched me before he added cream cheese to his bagels.

"You noticed anything different about me Jah?" Angelo questioned my mother and everyone closed their eyes and cringed in embarrassment.

"Keep flirting with my mama and I'll cut the likkle ting off" Johan threatened as Angelo took a seat next to my mother and rested his arm behind her head.

"I'm not flirting, I asked a simple question. Am I not allowed to ask a question?" Angelo asked and we all looked at him like he was stupid.

"You look a little different Angelo, you look happier" My mom smiled and Angelo's face started to turn red. Kaine bit into his bagel and shook his head before turning his attention back to his plate when Saint walked into the room.

Saint looked from me to my mother and then back to me again as he gave a creepy smile. Instead of walking over to me though he joined Aaron in the corner and they preceded to talk and I could hear him say my name and then gesture to my mom which caused Aaron to look at me.

Aaron's eyes widened when he realized I was watching him and he quickly looked away avoiding my gaze. Saint sent a wink my way and I made a face before biting into the bagel Kaine was attempting to feed me.

"Mama, fadda wants everyone to go to uncle Cal's house so that we can have family quality time together" Johan said trying to keep a straight face.

"If uncle O wanted us to get together because today's his birthday, that's all he had to say. Why is he being so difficult?" I questioned and Johan gave me a weird look.

"Today is uncle O's birthday?" Jo questioned and I nodded. Zaire leaned forward and rubbed his chin.

"You know Ohaji will never be direct. This is the first time we've all been together with the kids and everything. We need to get together more as a family, all of these children are practically strangers to each other" Zaire said.

"Well we live in New York and flying back and forth with two small children isn't easy. They only reason we made time to come was because it was something for O and Moriah didn't give us much of a choice. Ajani had to drag Johan onto the plane" Kaine said and Zaire nodded as he stood up.

"Well we are all here so we might as well act like we like each other, even if it's hard" Zaire said. When Kaine and I finished eating we cleaned up and I grabbed the carseat and got Keiran situated inside.

"Mrs. Powell can I ride with you?" Saint questioned as he approached my mom giving her a sneaky grin and I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"She's spoken for lil nigga. If anyone's riding with her it's going to be me" Angelo snapped sizing Saint up. My mom walked away from them and left out with Marco and Zaire and I thought for a moment I saw Marco look at them and smirk like he'd won.

"The bwoy is going to see how fucked up our family is" Johan said lifting Knox up as the rest of us exited out of the hotel room.

"I went to school with my step father, your family can't be that bad" Saint commented and I laughed.

"This is why I'm a protective father, my kids ain't getting caught up with old broads trying to trap them. We're taking family vacations to the grand canyon during the summer" Kaine commented and Knox side eyed him causing me to laugh out loud.

"That's when the bwoys will more than likely run away to my house. Hopefully by then Ajani will be with her second husband" Johan teased and Kaine smacked his teeth.

"What I wanna know is where did Knox learn that side eye. He's three" I laughed and Johan and Kaine both looked at me.

"Really? You're always silently judging people and side eyeing them when they speak, it's funny because I don't even think you realize you do it anymore" Kaine said and I stared straight ahead caught off guard.

I looked down at Knox who was looking up at me as he walked beside Johan. I shook it off as we stepped into the elevator with Aaron and Saint who were both watching their phones.

Kaine cleared his throat and when they didn't look up he shoved Aaron into Saint getting their attention. Aaron looked up at the both of us in annoyance before he held up his phone and preceded to record Kaine.

"This is the look of someone who has nothing to loose. If I zoom in on his face more you'll see the look of anger in his eyes right before he strikes me in the face, he's a wild one" Aaron said faking an Australian accent.

"And look at this beauty, I wouldn't mind if she tackled me down to the ground or wanted to mate" Saint smirked and I shook my head and laughed.

"Yo, do you want me to smash your phone?" Kaine questioned when he noticed Saint was trying to zoom in on me. Saint cleared his throat and lowered the camera and stuck it into his pocket.

I looked into the carseat at Kieran who was chilling and sucking on his pacifier. I had a feeling he'd have a laid back observant personality in general once he got older. When Knox was a baby he had so much personality and was so lively and outgoing once he got familiar with you and that's exactly how he still was now at only three.

I noticed Knox was making a fish face at his brother and Kieran blinked before closing his eyes as the elevator doors opened and we exited out.

Kaine pulled Aaron into a headlock and said something lowly to him that seemed to make him frightened. Saint took Kieran's carseat from me and gave a goofy grin as I side eyed him wondering what he was up to.

"You were jealous I was flirting with your mom, weren't you?" He questioned and I closed my eyes and sighed knowing I'd never be able to get through with this child.

"Bwoy give it up, she doesn't like you just like my mama doesn't like that other batty bwoy" Johan mumbled gesturing to Angelo who was getting into the rental with my mom, Zaire and Marco.

"Forget that. I wonder why Ohaji is being so nice all of a sudden anyway, he didn't care about this kinda stuff before" Kaine said and Johan agreed.

"I hope the mon isn't dying or anything, I don't do good with death unless I'm inflicting it" Johan said smile to himself.

"Uncle O isn't dying, at least I hope not. Maybe he sees that nobody is taking steps to come together, it's one thing to agree to do something but it's another thing to actually make moves to do it. If it was up to all of us it'd take years and years to finally stop arguing" I said hitting the alarm on the other rental car.

I looked over at Kaine and smiled when I realized he was putting his glasses on. Leaning over I kissed his cheek before helping Knox into his car seat.

"Alright, I still think everyone needs a code word gyal just in case we might wanna roll out that bitch. When I say Mangos we all run towards the car, even you Knox, so don't be tripping and if you trip you by yourself. Somebody remember to grab Kieran or he'll be bitter for awhile" Johan said and everyone preceded to laugh.

"Well what if we're inside and we don't hear you say Mangos. I think it'd be better if you sent a text message to everyone so that it's fair" Aaron said climbing into the back with Saint.

"Or you could all stop being so dramatic, it'll be exactly like Knox's birthday party was" I assure and Kaine tilted his head.

"Hopefully not, your father was being annoying and harassing me" Kaine mumbled and I looked around.

"Doesn't he always do that? You should be use to it by now and zone him out when he's talking, just smile and nod" I said.

"What if he asks him a question? Like he asks if Kaine was a batty bwoy or if he eats ass, this idiot will be smiling and nodding" Saint said and Johan agreed causing me to take a deep breath and frown at all of them.

"He's right and the annoying three will be there. Sharif isn't as bad and Sincere is usually drunk off of something because the bwoy isn't wrapped to tight. But there's the other one who I wanna fight so bad" Johan said and I rubbed my forehead.

"You know what if you get there and the bwoy is that bad then fight him and Kaine if you really don't want to talk to my fadda than run away from him or call for my mom. Is that all?" I questioned and Aaron cleared his throat.

I rubbed my forehead and looked at him before gesturing for him to speak. Aaron twiddled his thumbs before smiling a crooked smile.

"Does your family know about me and Moses? What if they don't like me? What if Moses shows up and the three people Johan is talking about see?" Aaron questioned as he looked at both Kaine and I.

"They already like you and if anyone bothers you, tell me and I'll handle it" I assure handing the keys to Kaine so that he could drive. Aaron accepted my answer but judging by the way he typed quickly on his phone he was trying to get in contact with Moses.

-

Sincere sped crazily down the gated neighborhood before he preceded to do doughnuts in the middle of the street. Saint screamed loudly from inside the car and I covered my nose from the burnt rubber smell watching as the car stained the street.

"That boy really doesn't listen, he gon kill his stupid ass one of these days" Zaire commented as he stood next to me. Once the car finally stopped Saint stumbled out nearly falling over and Aaron followed him out in a state of shock.

"You wanna ride Jani?" My cousin questioned and I declined until he pushed the door open insisting. I went to walk forward but Kaine grabbed my arm stopping me and Sincere rolled his eyes as he backed the car up stopping right in front of us.

"I'm not going to kill your wife, I'll drive the speed limit" Sincere assured and Kaine eventually let go allowing me to climb into the passenger seat. There was a pair of panties sitting on the floor and my cousin grabbed them and tossed them into the backseat as I shut the door.

We drove in silence with Sincere occasionally looking over at me and I put my seatbelt on as he hit the gas on the car causing the car to zoom down the street where he quickly made a sharp turn and I hit him.

"Did you forget about my heart, I'm better than I was before but don't do shit like that!" I snapped grabbing my chest. Sincere chuckled as he slowed down some and eventually stopped the car. There was a children's birthday party going on across the street with a bounce house and a clown entertaining the children in the front yard.

"I got a little girl on the way and I want her to be around her cousins" Sincere said and I looked at him slightly shocked.

"Wow, congratulations" I said touching my cousins shoulder and he smiled brightly before looking at the party going on. He placed both of his hands onto the steering wheel and looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

"I'm not with her mom or nothing like that but we're civil with each other. We're naming her Isabella" Sincere said and I smiled.

"Aw, I think you'll be a good dad. I just think you should cool it with the street racing because anything could go wrong" I explain and Sincere rubbed his chin.

"I don't fear death and I don't think I'll die. I'm just doing what makes me happy and I don't think I could stop racing even if I wanted to. Remember when we were really little and attached at the hip, I'd spend summers in Jamaica all of the time and as we got older we'd video chat and then when you finally moved to California we drifted apart?" Sincere questioned.

"That happens sometimes, it doesn't mean we don't care about each other. There's a lot of reasons we aren't that close, I still love you to death" I explained.

"But we don't know what's going on in each others lives anymore. We talk in passing but we aren't that close and I've never been close with Johan. Y'all are my blood and maybe it's my fault because I did isolate myself when I didn't have to" Sincere said and I nodded taking in what he was saying.

"Bwoy we can change that and try a little harder" I said and he agreed extending his hand for me to shake. I laughed and pulled him into a quick hug before he pulled off taking us back to O's beach house.

"Be real with me though, I never pictured you living in New York of all places. I always thought you'd be living on an island somewhere driving a jeep and living off of fruits and vegetables" Sincere said and I laughed.

"Kaine and I compromised and we just bought our house. I would like to buy a summer house in Hawaii, nothing big and lavish just something for us and our growing family. My fadda wants me to get a place in Jamaica for the summer but I don't wanna do that"  I admit.

"Well you're grown, you can always visit but don't let him guilt trip you. You also live in the place that Kaine wants to live so it's only fair you get to pick the place your kids will spend their summers" Sincere said as he parked.

I nodded my head before exiting out of the car and he followed me around the back. I pulled my sandals off as I walked along the sand and when I heard a loud shriek I glanced back at Sincere and we quickly turned the corner where my mother stood covered in water.

"That wasn't funny" She said pushing water out of her eyes. My fadda had a devilish grin on his face as he laid in a hammock with Seven and watched Johan and Ainsley stand to the side guilty of dumping water on our mother.

"Mama I'm sorry, fadda told us to do it" Ainsley snitched and my father stared at him for awhile before he got up leaving Seven in the hammock alone. He grabbed my mother's hand and pulled her into the house slapping her ass in the process and Johan and I both shared a look of disgust.

"That's one of the reasons I don't miss living at home" I laughed going onto the beach where O was standing and watching as most of the children in our family played on the beach.

I walked up and stood next to him and he smiled showing his dimples before nudging me with his shoulder. He seemed really happy but I just had this gut feeling that he wasn't telling us everything.

"You'd tell us if there was something wrong right? Johan and Kaine played the guessing game the entire ride over here and they think you're dying" I said not beating around the bush. O seemed surprised as he looked at me and laughed.

"I'm not, I'm healthy. I just have a different outlook on life and I'm lonely, I like spending time with lowercase O because he's so young and he has his whole life in front of him" he admitted and I smiled.

"He adores you and my grandfadda and I don't mind you spending time with him" I said just as Knox was running passed giggling while Aaron chased after him spraying him with a water gun.

I continued to stare at him which made him laugh like I knew it would and he lifted a blunt up to his lips and lit it. I noticed the lighter had Angelo's initials on it which let me know it was something that was confiscated from him.

"We are all getting up the in age and I want to know that when I do eventually die because that's unavoidable, will this family still be a family or will they turn into strangers. Do you even know the name of Darius' kids?" Uncle O questioned and I thought about it.

"His son is named Darius Jr Isn't he? I think his oldest daughter is named Maddison but I don't know about his other two" I said looking around at the three little girls who were playing in the water with Selena.

"The younger two girls are Aaliyah and Janae. Ray Ray is also pregnant with their fifth child and their naming him Diesel" Ohaji explained and I raised an eyebrow.

"Did anyone else have any kids I should know about? I know Sincere has a baby on the way, he told me and my mom told me a few weeks ago uncle Zaire might be getting married" I said and O smirked.

"What about you and Kaine? When are you going to have another kid?" He questioned and I glanced over at Kaine who was sitting on a picnic blanket watching the waves while he held Kieran in his arms.

"I think I like our family how it is right now and when Knox gets to Kindergarten we'll start trying to bring more girls into this family" I smiled and he laughed out loud.

"Maybe you'll be the one to out number the boys of the next generation. Right now it's about even among the kids but if you have two girls then that'll be it" He teased blowing smoked out of the corner of his mouth.

Calvin walked over and asked for privacy with his father and I obliged.  I walked over to Kaine and sat down next to him as Johan bit into a jackfruit. He and Kaine were laughing at something and my brother offered me some of his fruit.

I leaned down biting into it before giving him a thumbs up wondering where he got it from.  I grabbed Knox who was running passed and pulled him onto my lap and Aaron sprayed me before he walked away.

"Can you imagine mama and fadda being young like us? Can you imagine any of them being young, they're all old now" Johan said biting into the fruit and we looked over at Darius who was sipping on a juice box and Zaire and Moriah were mocking him.

"I think Darius still hasn't matured mentally. He pushed his son down and stole his juice box" Kaine laughed and I shook my head.

"The bwoy is a little off but he's nice, maybe Darius Jr tripped" I explained trying to hide my laughter.

"Darius Jr was crying and wiping sand out of his eyes" Johan explained and I shook my head and glanced at my uncle again.

I heard Kieran crying and quickly looked at him and noticed he was watching Knox eating a grape. I adjusted the small bucket hat on my sons head and stopped Knox before he could feed him a piece of grape.

"He trying to eat it too, that's why he's getting so fat" Kaine teased laying Kieran in his arms. Knox stood up and ran towards Ohaji who he saw walking back towards his home and I watched him before eventually looking away once he was safe inside.

Q was walking passed with some woman and when he said our mothers name Johan looked up at him and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Keep my mamas name out of your mouth or I'll slit your throat!" My brother snapped as I looked Q over.

"Whatever. Kaine I thought you should know that I'm pulling some strings to get Harlem out. Don't be surprised if he's out by the end of the week" Q said simply.

"Then he's your problem. You get him out and you take him back here with you, but he's not staying in New York, I doubt he'll live long there" Kaine said simply as he looked at Q not growing angry like he normally would've.

"Q, Your father is looking for you so go see what he wants" Sharif suggested cutting in. Q continued to glare at him and as he walked away Kaine mouthed the word 'pussy'.

"What's wrong with him? Is he this annoying when we aren't around?" I questioned as Sharif squatted down with us.

"That nigga is off his rocker, Calvin is talking about having him evaluated. He needs to be on meds or something because his whole personality has just flipped. He fought Sincere last week and now they aren't talking and I gotta play peace maker when I really just be wanting to body slam that nigga" Sharif said rolling his eyes.

He turned his attention to the baby and smiled as he picked up his hand. Sharif looked up at me and smirked before he sat down and leaned over saying something lowly to Johan.

"Is it just me or do I feel a lot of tension?" Kaine questioned and I glanced around the beach at some of the cartel who seemed tense as they watched some of the workers who worked for California.

An argument erupted between Kemba and Q after Q roughly bumped into him. Kyle got between them and Sharif sighed and got up walking over to defuse the situation.

"You think your last name will save you but it won't. I'll see you again wastemon" Kemba said with a lot of venom in his voice as he walked away and Kyle motioned for me to go and talk to him.

"Gyal now you gotta go make sure he doesn't kill Q, you're the boss and he only listens to you" Johan stated biting into another piece of Jackfruit.

"Would that be really such a bad idea? I mean let's think about this for a moment" Kaine teased and I playfully rolled my eyes and got up and went to go catch up with Kemba.

I'd give it a few more hours before somebody fought. The only good thing about this is the fact that Kaine and Johan were getting along because they shared a common hatred for Q.

Aaron Turner

I stripped out of my wet swim trunks before climbing into the shower. The warm water made up for having to stay in the wet bathing suit on the drive back. I didn't get the memo that everyone was changing out of their stuff at the beach house and I ended up being the only person still in my bathing suit. Everyone laughed at me on the way back to the hotel while I was just really irritated.

Moses had been gone all day and I hadn't seen him since the airport earlier this morning when he opted to take an uber so that he could link up with some of his family members. He hadn't replied back to my text and I refused to text him again afraid I'd be bothering him.

After lathering my body up with soap I took my time slowly rinsing the water off when the shower door was pulled open roughly. I jumped and covered myself and stared at Moses in shock as he blinked and didn't move.

"I called you twice and sent you a text message like thirty minutes ago" He said in a simple tone but I could tell he was trying to hide his annoyance.

"Well I didn't see it and I'm kinda busy right now so please get out" I demanded and he looked me over briefly as I closed the door back. Moses left out of the bathroom and shut the lights off as he closed the door and I stood in the dark listening to the shower run.

"Jokes on you because I like showering in the dark, bitch" I said to myself as I finished my shower and washed my hair. By the time I came out of the bathroom Saint was dumping a pile of candy and snacks onto the bed and he looked up at me.

"You were in there for awhile so I tagged along with Ajani to get stuff for a movie night. Wanna watch Captain America?" Saint questioned and I agreed.

"Yeah I guess that'll be cool. Do you know where Moses is?" I questioned and Saint nodded towards the door. I left out of our room entering the main area where Johan and Angelo were getting dressed to go out I assumed.

Knox was sitting on the couch on top of a blanket we'd brought from home. He was eating a bite of his pizza as his eyes stayed glued to Zootopia.

"You hungry?" Kaine questioned and I nodded and walked over to the table where Moses stood pouring himself something to drink. He was shirtless and standing in a pair of joggers that hung low on his hips.

"Can you pour me some too?" I questioned opening one of the pizza boxes and he looked at me for awhile before grabbing a red cup from the package and fulfilling my request.

"Grab my plate and I'll carry your drink" Moses said walking away. Angelo stopped me before I could go back into the room I was sharing with Saint and Moses. He made a gesture to his outfit and I looked him over.

"You look like you normally do and can I ask why you're wearing sunglasses when it's dark outside?" I questioned bluntly.

"Look, don't be asking me questions A A Ron. What the fuck do you mean by I look how I always look? Is that an insult?" Angelo questioned growing slightly offended.

"No? You usually look nice, why?" I questioned again wondering what was the big deal. It's not like that stripper he was chasing after was even in California.

"I flew Goddess out and she finally took the bait. We're going out tonight" Angelo said and I congratulated him before looking around.

"Where's Ajani?" I asked and he seemed caught off guard by my question snapping out of his own thoughts.

"Speaking of Ajani, don't tell her about this because then she'll tell her mom and I don't want Alijah to worry about her having any competition. This is just a nigga testing his waters" Angelo said quickly.

I paused for awhile realizing this was more than likely a sneak peek at the future Saint had. It'll take awhile before either of them grasps that neither of the women liked them.

Remaining silent I turned and went back into the room handing Moses his plate as he sat on a bed. I sat across from him while Saint positioned his MacBook on the nightstand and pressed play before going to get some pizza.

Moses and I remained silent as we just stared at one another unsure of what to say. I took a deep breath before biting into my pizza causing me to look down briefly focusing on what I was eating.

"How was it? Were you all worried for nothing?" Moses questioned. I nodded my head and swallowed the food in my mouth before looking back up.

"It never came up, everyone was out on the beach or hanging out in the sand. I played with Knox mostly though" I said and Moses nodded.

"My meeting with my family went as I expected it would. They called me a traitor and said a bunch of homophobic slurs. A few of my cousins were cool though and they told me to let them know if I ever needed anything" Moses said and I figured that was probably the cause of his bad mood.

"So your grandfather ran California before Ajani's family took it over?" I questioned and Moses was silent for a moment as he rubbed his chin.

"My great grandfather did. This whole situation is so stupid to me, none of what happened has anything to do with me or this current generation. I'm guessing my family is just bitter because they're going broke and the money isn't like what it use to be. The Scotts are just too powerful and my great grandfathers money can only stretch for so many generations" Moses informed me.

"None of them took some money and went to school? I'd probably go to school because I'd never just wanna live off of money I didn't work for. It could run out at anytime" I said lowly.

"A few of my cousins branched off and did but the rest are lazy as fuck. They went from living in mansions and being in the upperclass to being in between middle and lower class. No investments, no trust funds just nothing. They blew through majority of the money and as a whole have maybe a quarter of a million all together. It's impossible for them to even sell dope around because my great grandfather had a lot of enemies and that shit gets put to a stop quick. A lot of them are leaving and trying to set up shop in Florida and other places" Moses explained as Saint came into the room.

"Saint, you said your father was a drug dealer in Florida. Was he bringing in money like Kaine?" I questioned as my friend sat down next to me.

"Nah he had money but his money wasn't that long" Saint said with a simple shrug and I nodded my head. He cursed under his breath when he realized he forgot his cup and walked back out of the room leaving Moses and I alone again.

Moses was quieter than usual and he just looked down at his plate. I stared at him for awhile before taking another bite of my pizza.

"Let's go out on the balcony, I wanna talk to you about some stuff" Moses suggested as he stood up. I felt my stomach tie in knots as I got up and followed him out of the room just as Saint was returning and he made a face of confusion.

"I ain't pausing the movie!" He called but I ignored him as Moses pulled open the sliding glass door allowing me to go out first and then he followed and shut it.

I took a seat on the chair and Moses remained standing as he leaned on the railing and looked at the beach. A few tourists were still hanging down below and everything was so lively and happy, yet I didn't feel happy.

"We both know I have to move back to New Jersey eventually. Money and business comes first" Moses explained.

"Before our relationship?" I questioned and he glanced at me, but only for a moment before he turned his gaze back towards the water.

"Yeah. When I do go back to Jersey it'll be harder for us to see each other and things happen" Moses continued.

"Like what type of things? We're in a good place now in our relationship and I feel like you're trying to sabotage it" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"Yeah, you think so? I'm just being realistic, once I get there I'll be busy and we'll grow apart. Skye made a good point when she said you're still a minor and I see us going in different directions anyway. You wanna create comic books and go to school and I don't, I wanna make quick cash and I feel like I'll eventually hold you back" Moses continued and I sat my plate down.

"We don't know the future, that might not even be something that you wanna do when you get older. I just wish that you wouldn't down our  relationship, why now?" I asked.

"I don't know what I'm trying to say. I just don't think this will work long term anymore, it's good now but-" Moses began only for me to cut him off.

"If we really wanted it to work it could work, you just don't want it to work, either because someone got into your head or you just don't want to be with me long term romantically. Stop sugarcoating what you have to say!" I snapped without meaning to and Moses paused and looked back at me.

"I might have a daughter. I ran into a female I use to mess with who's cool with my cousin and the little girl is one. People were saying how she looks just like me and so I'm thinking about taking a DNA test. It's between me and some nigga that died before the baby was born at leas that's what my cousin said" Moses explained not bothering to look back at me.

"Oh. Every baby deserves to have their father, it's good that you didn't ignore it" I explained while looking down at my pizza and awkward silence filled the air.

"Can you not tell anybody until I figure it out. I don't want everyone talking about it" Moses said and I agreed sitting the plate to the side again.

"I'm to young to be a father and you're way to young to even consider being a father figure to my kid. That wouldn't work" Moses explained and I stood up.

"Of course not" I said standing up as I grabbed my plate and walked inside. I tossed my plate into the trash before leaving out of the suite. I could hear music playing from a room next door and loud laughter signaling a party was going on.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the correct floor before I stood in the corner and watched the doors close.

I counted silently and waited until the doors opened before stepping out. A family got on after me and I walked out of the hotel stuffing my hands into my joggers.

A figure moved from off of a bench and soon a man appeared next to me. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and he didn't hide the fact that he was watching me.

"You don't look like you're in a good mood" He said and I stopped walking feeling like I'd seen him somewhere before. He placed the hood over his head and I looked the Spanish man over and took in his nice beard.

"Are you Calvin's stepson? Your names Alex right?" I questioned quickly and he chuckled and motioned for me to keep walking.

"Former step son technically, he's still a father to me though. I was trying to get the courage to go up and talk to Ajani, Zaire told me I might run into you or Johan, you're Aaron right? I've only seen you in a picture" He said scratching at his beard.

"Yeah, but you can still go up if you want, she's really nice. Unless you plan on hurting her and then I'd have to kill you" I said with a shrug.

"Really? You do know I'm a hit man right? I learned from Moriah and his brother Elias" Alex responded as he placed a cigarette in his mouth and lit it.

I looked down as I walked before looking back up at Alex. He offered me a cigarette from the box and I stared at it for awhile before he laughed and put it away.

"Can you buy me alcohol?" I questioned and he stopped and took another drag from the cigarette.

"What do you need alcohol for? I'm not buying you alcohol, how old are you anyway?" He questioned seeming like he was considering it.

"Would you believe me if I told you I was eighteen?" I asked and he looked me over. He pushed the hood off of his head revealing his haircut.

"I might have until you just asked me that. Why do you want alcohol? You looked like you just got dumped" He said and I looked down.

"I probably got dumped, it wasn't very clear but I wouldn't be surprised if that was what was coming next, he's complicated" I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"He? I wasn't expecting that, dudes are only good for fucking and you're better off alone. You really wanna get drunk? Cool I'll hook you up but you gotta do something for me" he said and I gave him a skeptical look.

"I just want you to tell Ajani that I'm sorry, she'll know what I mean" Alex said and I raised an eyebrow wondering what he was sorry about. He shut down after that letting me know that he wasn't going to tell me what he meant.

We stopped walking when we came to a really nice car and two guys was leaning against it which made me want to turn around and go back.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, we're practically family. Speaking of family this is my best friend Dre he's Ajani's god brother and this is our little homie Amaru and he's a sidekick" Alex said nodding towards the boy who looked not that much older than me. He wore a pair of red adidas  track pants and a white T shirt along with white socks that he'd tucked the end of his pant legs into.

"I'm Aaron and I like your adidas" I said pointing towards his shoes. He glanced at Alex briefly before hopping into the backseat. I felt more comfortable about getting into the car when I spotted Dre who I'd gotten to know earlier at O's house, it also helped that he was a professional basketball player, I don't know why but it did.

"What are we about to do? Does Ajani know he's with us?" Dre questioned as he glanced in the backseat at us.

"Probably not, I just picked up the lil dude when I saw him close to tears. He's good, he's with family and it's better than him just walking around on the beach crying. I also promised him alcohol" Alex said and Dre looked at me before he shook his head and hid his laughter.

"Make sure you call her or your brother when you get the chance so they knows where you're at" Dre scolded and I nodded.

The boy next to me took a pill and washed it down with an energy drink. He looked at me briefly when he saw I was watching him before he looked straight ahead and took another gulp of the drink.

I felt around in my pockets realizing I'd left my phone behind and sighed deeply. I hadn't intended on going anywhere I just wanted to walk off my feelings instead of crying.

Moses had to do what he had to do and his possible daughter had to come first and he shouldn't be faulted for that. Things happen for a reason and I didn't want to get in the way of that or be the reason he was reluctant to try and be a father.

I wished I had a father and maybe the kids mom wouldn't even be comfortable with me being around. She'd have that right because it's her kid and she's allowed to have partial control over what she's exposed to and even though Moses didn't say it I felt like that's what he was getting at.

Amaru nudged my shoulder and I looked at him watching as he extended his hand revealing a pill. I stared at it for awhile before taking it from him and examining it wondering what it was.

"It's Xanax, just take it and you'll be cool. Don't drink no alcohol though" he said lowly. His eyes pierced into mine as he watched my reluctance to take it. "You'll feel better I promise you, you'll be able to relax, why you seem so tense?" He asked resting his head against the headrest.

"I don't wanna talk about it" I said watching as he looked at me with his head turned slightly. I quickly placed the pill into my mouth as he gave me an unopened bottle of water to wash it down.

"You're good, I promise you" he said as Dre looked in the backseat unaware of what was going on. I sipped on the water before screwing the lead as I took a deep breath and got comfortable in the car.

-

I woke up the next morning and rolled over in bed as I tried to wake myself up. The clock on the night stand read 4pm causing me to rub my eyes trying to make sure that's what it actually said and I was surprised that I'd slept majority of the day away.

I was laying alone in a bed that I didn't recognize and a few things seemed weird. I sat up fully pushing the covers off of myself as I stared straight ahead. There was fresh folded clothes sitting neatly at the bottom of the bed.

Slowly I got out of bed and stumbled not really remembering the night before. I know that I felt really good and that like always Moses and I would be really good for a little while and then be really terrible.

"You complimented my adidas so I figured you could borrow some of my shit, or have it. I don't give a fuck" An unfamiliar voice said and I glanced towards the bathroom as the boy from the night before exited out dressed for the day. He took another Xanax pill and washed it down with some water.

"Shower and get dressed, I'll take you where you need to go when you're ready. Everyone else is still sleep, they usually sleep all day and stay up all night" he said with a chuckle and I raised an eyebrow.

"What happened last night? I'm sorry I don't even remember your name" I explained and he folded his arms as he chuckled.

"Amaru. Nothing really happened, Dre invited a few strippers over to the house. We got lap dances, I gave you a lap dance and then you drunk alcohol like I told you not to and we debated on taking you to the hospital once you passed out but decided against it. I told them you'd be okay and you are, now shower so we can go. You never did call your brother" He said as he stepped out of the room and shut the door.

I raised an eyebrow before grabbing the clothes and going into the bathroom. I took a quick cold shower to wake myself up but my voice was practically gone and I felt like going back to sleep and just starting over in the morning.

After my shower I got dressed in the black track pants he'd laid out for me. I pulled my socks back on and tucked the bottom of my pant legs into them copying what I'd saw Amaru do the night before.

When I was finished I left out of the bathroom and gathered my clothes from the night before as I stumbled out of the room not fully having my balance down yet. I followed the long hallway until I saw the light and I could hear Alex's groggy voice.

He was laying on the floor in his living room with a naked woman and a naked man. My eyes widened as he rolled over revealing he was nude. He opened his eyes some before he winked and pulled the blanket over himself before stretching.

"The best thing to do is to not question it and to just ignore it" Amaru said appearing behind me as he offered me a bottle of orange juice. I opened it and chugged half of it only stopping to take a breather.

"Where's Dre?" I questioned and he shrugged as he pushed the door open for me once he tucked a gun away into his pants.

"I see you took notes" he said nodding towards my pants and I remained silent and gave a simple nod as he pressed the start button. I slowly climbed into the car and reclined the seat back some as I put on my seatbelt.

The ride back to the hotel was me thinking about things and trying to allow the headache to go away. I was so preoccupied that when we arrived my fear hit me all at once and I just imagined Kaine choke slamming me.

I grabbed the door handle but Amaru stopped me and pulled out a Baggie containing three pills inside of it and before I declined he stopped me.

"You choose to feel that way when you don't have to. You never have to feel as bad as you did last night again. Take it, even if you decide to flush it down the toilet, it can be a just in case thing" Amaru encouraged as he stroked the side of my face and I turned my head.

"Nothing happened between us last night, did it?" I questioned as he sighed and leaned back into his seat.

"I could tell you but what would that change? Wether we did or didn't do anything, who gives a fuck?" He questioned as I stared straight ahead.

"Moses might" I explained as he wrinkled his nose and popped a different type of pill before grabbing my orange juice and drinking the rest.

"Fuck Moses, who the fuck is that nigga anyway?" he questioned simply as he looked around and I continued to stare at him. "I'm just fucking with you, we didn't fuck or nothing like that, I wanted to be I'm no rapist" he said growing serious. I took the seat belt off and got out of the car.

"You didn't give me Xanx last night did you?" I questioned as I took a single step back and stared at him.

"It was ecstasy, but you still enjoyed yourself. Correct? It shouldn't matter what it is or was" He said as I reached into my pocket and tossed him back the small baggy.

"Just because I enjoyed myself doesn't mean I have to do it again" I explained and he nodded his head. I walked away and he pulled off once I got into the hotel.

The entire way up I thought about absolutely nothing and Moses' problem felt like a distant memory. Not everyone ended up with their first love that was normal and when I accepted that, I'd be okay.

Once the elevator door opened I stepped out and walked down the hallway. When I got to the room door I slowly balled up my fist and knocked being able to hear talking from the inside.

The door pulled open and I was greeted by Saint who smiled and gave me a simple nod before looking over his shoulder at Moses who was sitting on the couch by himself.

"Everyone went to an Aquarium and I'm about to go pick up some broads on the beach to make Ajani jealous" Saint said and I stopped him before he could go any further.

"Did someone call last night and let them know I was okay?" I questioned and Saint nodded his head while he grew confused.

"Yeah Ajani said that one guy..um I think his name was Dre? He said you were with him" Saint said before walking away. I shut the door and walked towards the room and Moses stood up and followed me.

"You had fun, yeah?" Moses chuckled and I could tell he was holding in his anger. I tucked my clothes from the day before into the bag and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste out of the bag.

I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and before I could shut the door he shoved it open and walked inside taking a seat on the closed toilet seat.

"I went back over there earlier and we talked, the baby isn't mine it's the dead dudes daughter. She confirmed it and said she had been to court because the money from his life insurance goes to that baby and you know the family wasn't going to let her touch that unless they had absolute proof it was his kid" He said as I brushed my teeth.

I eventually spit into the sink and cleaned my mouth out before sitting my toothbrush into the sink.

"So was everyone just speculating it was your kid?" I questioned and Moses shrugged as he continued to observe me.

"It was mostly everyone saying the little girl looked like me and my cousin was trying to get me to take a DNA test. That little girl ain't look shit like me, wanna see a picture?" Moses asked and I nodded.

He pulled out his phone and showed me a picture and I busted out laughing. The little girl didn't look like him at all and I was relived he wasn't going to be a father.

"Maybe I shouldn't have walked away last night but a lot was going through my mind and I and to walk it off. I ended up taking ecstasy because I thought it was Xanax" I blurted out and he stood up.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Moses questioned as he stared at me. I looked down briefly wondering what he'd say if I repeated myself.

"I took Ecstasy last night, I needed something to relax and it's a long story. I won't do it again and I didn't get into any trouble or anything" I explained and he was silent.

"You cheated?" He questioned and I shook my head no before he pulled me into a tight hug and I listened to his heart beat that seemed to speed up in fear.

"I don't wanna talk about it anymore, just don't turn to drugs even if by some freak accident I did have a kid stashed somewhere, that doesn't and wouldn't affect us" Moses explained and I was silent causing him to let go of me.

"I love you" I admit and he let out a sigh of relief. We stared at each other for awhile before he grabbed my face and kissed me sloppily. He eventually pulled back and looked down at the clothes I was wearing.

"Did you borrow this from wherever you were?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Take this shit off" He demanded growing territorial.

I rolled my eyes and declined as I walked out of the bathroom shutting the lights off. The suite door opened and Ajani entered and called out for me.

When I came out of the room she motioned for me to come over to her and she pulled me off to the side as Kaine carried Kieran's car seat and Knox slowly walked over and climbed on top of the couch to lay down.

"When Dre called me and told me you were with him and Alex I was really worried. I told him to bring you home but he didn't listen, Alex isn't someone that you should even want to befriend. He's a good person but he's a druggy, not just weed he snorts and he pops pills and I don't want that for you, okay?" She questioned and I slowly nodded.

"I won't do drugs, I don't want to be like my father. Alex also told me to tell you he was sorry" I said quietly and she had a look of confusion before something clicked.

"Do you know where Saint is? Hopefully not doing something stupid?" she questioned and I awkwardly looked around unsure of how to answer that.

"He said he was going to go in his words look for a broad on the beach to make you jealous" I said honestly and Kaine looked over at the both of us.

"He and Lo both need therapy, they're both weird as fuck and I like the lil nigga he cool or whatever but I will kill his punk ass" Kaine said.

"Yeah that'd be bad, he's my best friend and I don't want you to kill him" I said and he smacked his teeth and removed his son from the car seat as Moses walked over.

"Are y'all good? He was up talking to Knox about relationship troubles because Saint locked him out of the room last night. Knox told his ass to be quiet and then went to sleep cause he's a savage" Angelo said and Knox giggled from his spot on the couch as he turned over.

"We're fine we just needed space last night" I explained as Moses flicked him off. Angelo ignored me as he walked over to Johan and said something causing them both to laugh. I started to assume it was about me until I realized it was about some girl they met the night before.

Moses spread his arms and I walked over to him and hugged him again as he smiled against my face and backed into the room.

"Leave the door open!" Ajani called and Moses made a groaning noise as he sat down on the bed and I leaned down and kissed his lips. He leaned in more before kissing me deeper as he looked down at my clothes again.

"Let's go out tonight, I'll take you bowling whatever you wanna do" Moses suggested and I thought about it before growing suspicious.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I thought you didn't like going on dates in public?" I questioned. It wasn't because he was ashamed anymore either, he just had a really bad temper and I knew he'd snap if someone made a comment about one of us.

"I upset you last night and I'm sorry. I wanna take you out, so change clothes" Moses said as he kissed my lips a final time and I agreed.

I turned to walk away and Moses grabbed my arm and stopped me. He didn't say anything for awhile he just kept a blank facial expression.

"Who gave you the ecstasy anyway? I wanna talk to him or her" Moses said and I shook my head not wanting the drama.

"He's irrelevant and I won't do anything like that again. I was bugging last night" I explain and he stared at me for awhile accepting my answer. I smiled at him and attempted to kiss his cheek causing him to laugh and smile big.

That was one of the few times I'd seen Moses really smile like he did when he was a kid. His eyes would light up and he'd just look really happy and friendly.

I began to wonder if how I felt last night was how my father used to feel all of the time when he'd just take drugs. What scared me the most was sharing similarities with my father.

Moriah Scott

"I went from having sex almost everyday to having sex every few weeks. Is this normal? All that woman wants to do is talk and she talks so fucking much" Calvin complained as he took a sip of his scotch. Jesse and Zaire laughed at him with Darius patted his shoulder sympathetically while trying to hold in the laugh he was about to unleash.

"I've never had that problem, Alijah and I do it all of the time and it's always spontaneous and fun. I don't have a reason to cheat on the gyal it's like we're so close now and we talk and have movies nights and eat ice cream when the likkle bwoys go to sleep, everyday is fun" Jesse gushed and we all looked at him.

"Well our situations can't be that bad especially if we compare it to Moriah's. His wife is so irritating, no offense because I try and love everyone but she's so manipulative" Darius explained as he I took a sip of the alcohol in my glass.

"My therapist said that which is why I don't pay her tantrums any attention. If I really treated her like shit she could leave whenever" I said remaining calm.

"What about that one chick you met named Danielle? Is that her name?" Calvin asked and I nodded my head.

"I mean I do love Nandy and I care about her a lot but she should know by now I'm not overly affectionate. It's my personality and it's how I am, she married me like this" I shrugged as a waiter set down a large platter of wings.

Darius grabbed one and preceded to bit into it getting some sauce on his face and we all looked at him before I grabbed a napkin from the side and tossed it to him.

"I know you've had a lot on your mind and now might not be the proper time to bring it up but have you and your parents talked about what you plan to do with Elias' ashes? The urn is on my fire place and after Selena told the younger kids what was in it they're terrified and I'm scared somebody is gonna knock it over" Calvin said slowly.

Everyone looked at me as if they expected me to get upset or show some type of emotion but I didn't and instead I picked up a wing.

"Don't know, that's something you'll have to take up with his parents and his son. They might wanna keep him in there but my mom is just to afraid to move it a great distance like on and off a plane" I said.

I bit into the wing as Kaine entered the private room in the strip club. He was dressed in a nice suit which caught me off guard and he stopped walking when he saw everyone else sitting around dressed casually.

"You told me you were gonna dress up, I thought this was a dress up thing. Now I look like a fucking square" Kaine said clenching his jaw.

"Did I? I don't remember" I chuckled watching as he pushed his glasses up on his face resembling a nerd.

"Bwoy you look nice, have a seat and eat some wings" Jesse suggested and Kaine pulled up a chair next his father in law.

"I can't eat wings in this dress shirt, this is my favorite one. I had Ajani iron it and everything" He mumbled and Calvin was surprised.

"Ray Ray would never iron my shit especially if I asked her to. She'd probably burn a hole through it on purpose" Darius groaned.

"Why would you have to ask? Ajani just does it, she irons everything and she does the laundry because I'm not good at that kinda stuff" Kaine shrugged.

"We can talk about that later, we came to talk about business and not how miserable some of us are" Zaire said cutting into the conversation.

"He's only saying this because he's having doubts about proposing to that woman he's been seeing. You should know what you're getting into before you get married to her" Calvin stated and almost everyone agreed.

Zaire stared at Calvin for awhile before looking at me as I remained silent and ate an olive off of a toothpick.

"Y'all don't want me to get married do you? I can't be a bachelor forever" Zaire groaned at the lack of silence.

"I don't believe in long engagements, do what you feel is right" I said scratching the back of my head and Zaire smiled.

"Well Dre and Zahir both like her and Marco likes her, right?" Zaire questioned looking at Marco who gave a simple shrug as he bit into a wing and slowly chewed.

My attention turned to Kaine and I wondered why he was acting weird. He sat propped up like he was ready to do my taxes or some shit.

"Oh my god Moriah! You're here, what a coincidence!" Nandy said in a fake voice as she walked into the room.

"Didn't you call him and he to,d you he was here?" Alijah questioned as she walked over to Jesse and handed him a black card. She leaned down and whispered something lowly in his ear and it seemed kinda important as he sat up some in his chair.

Nandy looked around the private room and admired it before greeting everyone. Kaine looked up at her and spoke being extra polite, he even smiled and everyone looked at him weirdly.

"Why is he being so nice to me? He's the one that's usually always squinting" Nandy whispered and Kaine stopped smiling and looked at her.

"Ajani said I should try being nice to people and having a more welcome face. These glasses make me look more like a daddy don't they?" Kaine questioned looking around at everyone.

"You look like a father but asking that just made you look like a dweeb" Zaire teased before he made a face of disgust watching Alijah and Jesse kiss sloppily. Calvin made a gagging noise and Nandy looked at me and smiled brightly.

She leaned down kissing my lips with a peck before she and Alijah went on there way. I made a face of disgust when Jesse slapped my sisters ass while she walked away.

"Now that's a sight I'll never be able to get out of my head" Kaine said pouring himself a glass of something.

"Why did they stop by anyway? This is guys night and we haven't all been in the same room in awhile" Darius complained.

"Bwoy I needed my card, I forgot it when I switched to a new wallet" Jesse mumbled picking up another wing and biting into it.

I watched them all argue before I spotted an acquaintance enter the club. I stood up and walked to the large window overlooking down below and Kaine joined me.

"That man has a nice suit, it's even nicer than your nicest suit. Who is he anyway, he looks important" Kaine said and I glanced at him briefly wondering why he was talking again.

"His names Justice, his family is well known. Not just hood fame, his family is full of politicians and they push drugs throughout Atlanta and everywhere they can weasel in. O is making us play nice though" I said with a simple shrug.

Justice looked towards the top and tapped his guards chest before motioning to where I was standing as I raised the glass of scotch. Justice was older than Kaine being thirty and the only reason I tolerated him was because he didn't waste my time and eventually went home instead of hanging around.

"He's a kingpin? He looks..not what I'd expected" Kaine said going into deep thought. A little while later there was a light knock on the door and after overhearing our conversation Jesse stood up and got the door.

"May we enter?" Justice questioned and Jesse stepped to the side finding the situation humorous.

"I fucking hate this asshole" Calvin muttered and Justice glanced over his shoulder at my cousin before giving a crooked smile.

"I don't...what's that word I'm looking for, do you know what it is?" Justice questioned as he patted Kaine on the back.

"I don't think he cares Cal" Kaine responded awkwardly and I shook my head and motioned for everyone to sit down.

The tension in the room grew thick as everyone stared at one another. Kaine studied the expensive watch that covered the guests wrists and I elbowed him not wanting him to let his guard down.

"We do a lot of business together because of an old understanding between our fathers. We don't need each other business wise but it's all for appearances and you know that. When we publicly make things right with New York we need your help with smoothing out the details to the rest of our connects. They'll follow by example especially if they see you're cool with it" Calvin said through gritted teeth.

Justice smoothed down his dress shirt before holding up an empty glass and one of his guards quickly shuffled around the room to fill it with alcohol.

"He's Kaine, correct? He runs New York?" Justice questioned and I nodded my head. After the guard poured the alcohol he swished around what was in the glass before taking a sip.

"Why should I? I don't know him, he's your associate not mine. It'd just be helping you keep up appearances and our fathers did not agree to that. Why should I put my business in harms way because of you?" Justice asked as he pointed at Calvin.

I chuckled to myself and looked at my cousin wondering what he was going to say to change his mind. He wasn't exactly wrong, in fact it'd be a dumb business move for him to go along with it just because everyone else was but I'd just let it play out and come up with a plan B while everyone else did what they normally did which was panic and then argue.

"Asking you to do this is asking a lot, but everyone has to start somewhere. My business used poor judgment and made a lot of enemies early on instead of trying to build. You don't have to give me an answer now but just deeply think about this before coming up with an answer" Kaine said forcing himself to be polite.

Justice sipped on what was left in the glass before sitting it down and standing up smoothing out his dress shirt again.

"I've suddenly lost interest in what we were discussing. I'll come to a decision soon, and Mo? I've been practicing chess, I think I can finally beat you" he said and I looked up growing a dull expression.

"Yeah whatever, you're the only equal I have around besides my niece who can play for longer than five minutes. Text me a time" I said growing bored and he nodded as he walked out of the room.

"Am I the only one who really likes that nigga? He cool as fuck and he's Mo's only friend" Darius teased.

"I don't have friends. He's just someone I don't hate as much as everyone else we do business with. He'll more than likely do business with Kaine he just has to find a reason it'll benefit him first" I said and the table went quiet.

Calvin stood up and went to the window as he watched watched what was going on. He eventually looked over his shoulder at everyone.

"I hate that lil bitch. How can someone be so polite yet such a dick at the same time" Calvin questioned.

"I don't know, he's not that bad. You just kinda sound jealous, Justice has always had our back even though he can be a prick, but we put up with Moriah as well" Zaire said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You don't put up with me, I put up with all of you. This meeting wasn't suppose to be about us, it was for Kaine" I said even though I didn't know he was just going to show up here and now.

Kaine appeared unsure as he loosened his tie before folding his hands onto the table. I sighed wondering if he was going to try and talk to me about his doubts.

"How well do you know this guy? I wanna know that my organization won't get screwed over when I do leave my business to Angelo. That's my cousin and I don't want that for him" Kaine said and I nodded slowly.

"I called him a month ago when Calvin started having his doubts about linking with New York. If this business deal between you and Cal falls apart than you have a second option" I said glancing up at Calvin who frowned.

"No they aren't working with him, they're our family somewhat or at least he's married to our family. Okay he doesn't need them" Calvin snapped and Jesse motioning for him to sit down.

"Bwoy it's not your decision to make, it's for what's best for him and his partners. I hope you've learned from your mistake the last time" Jesse said giving him a look and Calvin eventually calmed down and stopped taking it so personally.

"Justice could've just went behind our backs eventually and linked with them anyway, like he did with Ajani" I remind and Calvin's eyes widened.

"When the fuck was this? She could've told us" Calvin mumbled and Zaire looked around awkwardly before back at Calvin.

"We all knew, but we know how much you despise that nigga so your father told us to just stay quiet on it" Zaire said.

"Ajani and that guy are friends? How well do the know each other?" Kaine asked trying to not sound like he cared.

"Don't worry Kaine, he's got you by age. He's thirty so that's probably so old to her" Darius said clearing his throat.

"I'm thirty eight, what are you trying to say?" I questioned and Darius shrugged and bit into a hot wing.

"My point exactly, you're her uncle. You know what? I don't even remember where I was going with this. Just forget I said anything" Darius said as he chewed the food in his mouth.

"We tend to do that all of the time anyway" Calvin mumbled and Jesse shook his head as he ate in peace with the privilege of not being involved in their bickering.

I gave Kaine a look of assurance and he relaxed and poured more alcohol into his glass and let out a shaky breath obviously feeling better.

-

"You were out late last night" Nandy commented as I sat at the edge of the bed and pulled my socks onto my feet. She crawled behind me wrapping her arms around my waist and I stared straight ahead.

"I told you I'd be out late, we ate wings and drunk a little. The climax of the evening was when we watched Captain America in the private room on the TV because all of us are married or almost married" I said and Nandy kissed my shoulder.

"I know, I was just a little lonely. Maybe we should do something today, like go on a mini date or something?" Nandy suggested.

"Yeah we can do that" I shrugged as she kissed my lips. I stood up and walked out of the guest bedroom belonging to my uncle. As I walked down the spiral staircase I could hear Knox crying and when I finally got to where his cries were coming from I spotted Ajani comforting him.

"What happened to him?" I questioned as she stood up and lifting him up as well. He sniffled and rested his head on her chest as he pushed his hand down her shirt and stuck out his busted lip.

"The bwoy got to the last two steps and jumped off, but it ended horribly as you can see" She said kissing her son's forehead.

"Are you gonna do that again?" I questioned and Knox slowly shook his head no. Ajani walked him back upstairs and I eventually ventured into the living room where my uncle was seated doing yoga with my mom.

He watched her bend over some and I had to clear my throat. He looked up at me and gave a simple nod while I shook my head and entered the living room fully.

I was caught off guard when I saw Elias' urn sitting up on a shelf. I walked over and picked it up and my mom stopped what she was doing to look at me.

"Ma, I'm going to make a suggestion and you have to promise not to cry" I said as my father entered holding a tray of orange juice. When he saw me holding the urn he let out a sigh and sat the tray down.

"They make urn necklaces, it's small and you can have it with you all of the time. If you're afraid to loose one then you can make as many as you want. But I feel like Elias wouldn't of wanted to sit on someone's shelf, he had a hard time sitting still anyway when he was alive" I said slowly.

My mother looked towards my father before she took a deep breath. At the mention of Elias she seemed to be very hurt by it still and I understood.

"I don't think I can do that" she said in a hoarse voice and Ohaji eventually stood up from his spot and stretched.

"Alijah! Nate!" He eventually yelled loudly and my nephew appeared first. When he saw me holding his father's urn he walked over and took it from me and looked it over

"Did it drop?" He questioned and I shook my head no. I lifted up the urn necklace he wore around his neck and showed my mother.

"This isn't Elias. It's just ashes that belonged to his body but it's not him and it took me awhile to realize that. People cope with death in different ways, he said he wanted to be cremated but he also said he didn't want to just be stored somewhere. He wanted his ashes spread and we aren't honoring his wishes for selfish reasons" I said simply as my sister appeared.

"I think we should talk about this another time" Alijah said as the children began to come into the living room.

"Well I agree with uncle Mo, I have my necklace and I'm okay with that" Nate said as he handed the ashes to my father and walked away.

"I think you should at least think about it before saying no" I said to my mother as I took a seat on the couch. She placed the urn back where it was and nodded her head slowly signaling she'd think about it before she walked away asking my sister to follow her.

"Granddaddy, can I have some strawberry milk?" Seven questioned tugging on my father's hand. My dad looked tired but obliged anyway as he leaned down and pretended like picking Seven up was so difficult which made a few of the kids laugh before he tossed my nephew over his shoulder.

"You're gonna want to see this" Kaine said coming into the living room and cutting the TV on. The breaking news story on CNN was about a convict escaping from a NewYork prison and soon Harlem's pictures flashed on the screen.

"Q did this, didn't he?" I said as I rubbed my forehead and Kaine nodded his head as Sharif walked into the living and looked at the TV. He tried to back out but I glared at him and he sighed and came back in fully.

"Your friend is a liability now, you know that right? They're going to bring unneeded attention this way and his way" I said nodding towards Kaine.

"I'll grab Sincere and we'll go and find him, Calvin needs to control his offspring" Sharif mumbled and Kaine folded his arms and glared at the TV.

"I need to go back to New York, the business-" Kaine started but I held my hand up and stopped him.

"The business will be fine because Ajani sent Khan there while you came here. NewYork is going to be in shambles right now trying to find him and you don't want him to take you down with him. Putting some space between you and your business is good for now, relax and kick your feet up" I said as I stood up.

As I turned around I glanced towards the ground where Ohaji sat with his eyes closed and a few of the kids were messing with him trying to break his concentration while throwing stuff at him.

"Stop it!" Knox yelled running into the living room as he hugged O and my uncle opened his eyes and turned his head slightly to look at him as he smirked.

"It's okay lowercase O, they're close to being cut out of my will" O teased and Ainsley and Darius Jr both made faces of confusion.

I wasn't sure if I should be intrigued at Knox's attachment to O or afraid for his future because he could end up being a better version of my uncle or a worse one. But then again he was Kaine and Ajani's son so there was no denying the fact that he and his brother would be...unique.

The only thing that mattered right now though was locating Q and punching him in the throat.

Authors Note -

Amaru will appear again in Moses and Aaron's book and as you can see he's a druggy lol but like Aaron said he's irrelevant now and won't appear again in this book.

Justice will have his own book as well because he's a main character apart of a new series I'm working on that won't be up until next year once I finish writing it.

Comment & Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

CHASE By Coco Chanel

General Fiction

52.6K 2K 14
Cartier aka Chase has had a hard life. Her life has been nothing but chaos. From her uncle tricking her into thinking it's okay to have sex with her...
8.2K 301 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...
245 10 10
Egypt is a twenty-one year old college student straight from out of Houston, TX. Being that her mother was murdered at the age of five that left her...
159K 3.3K 30
Azariah Williams, 16 years old with a 2 year old baby. At age 14, she gave her virginity to a boy named Phillip Matthews, who was 18 at the time and...