Beautiful Crime // Natasha Ro...

By SebStanIsBae

[BLACK WIDOW] --- In which The Hulk's brother loves an assassin. --- [EXTENDED SUMMARY INSIDE] [ave... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
What Would've Happen

08

5.6K 206 42
By SebStanIsBae

Argument

---

As Natasha was dragging Will down the corridor, she was frowning. She had to bite her lip in order to stop herself from saying anything.

However, Will noticed this and sighed. Reaching forward, he grabbed her arm to stop them from walking, "Natasha, say what you need to say."

Finally, being able to release her thoughts, she turned to look at the slightly taller man and said angrily, "Why did you follow me?"

"I was worried about you."

She huffed, "I don't need you to protect me, Will, I handle myself pretty well!"

"Don't you think I know that? You could take anyone on this boat and still walk away breathing. You are one of the strongest people I know. Not only are you strong, you're beautiful, you're intelligent, and you're caring." Will said, looking into her eyes without hesitating, he had gotten so used to looking her in the eye that his heart doesn't beat too fast out of fear anymore. It still beats fast, but that's not the reason why.

"Natasha, other than my brother, you're the only person who cares for me. Even my parents didn't care. You make me feel happy about being here on this boat. I'm comfortable, even with all the people running around. That's why I followed you." He confessed.

It was true. All of it. He was speaking from the heart.

Natasha was quiet. She wasn't sure what to say. No-one has ever said anything like that to her. Most people she knew were scared of her. But not Will. This confused the assassin greatly.

She was about to open her mouth to reply, but a beeping in her ear interrupted her. Pressing a button on her earpiece, she listened carefully.

Will waited as she listened for her orders. He was worried that he shouldn't have said what he did. He didn't regret his words, he was scared that Natasha didn't feel the same.

"We're on our way." Romanoff told the person on the other side of the earpiece, before grabbing Will's hand again, "Come on, we need to get your brother."

They jogged along-side each other, trying to get to the lab as quickly as possible. Will was scared for his brother's safety, he didn't want him to go code green, but he didn't want to see him locked in a cage.

As they got closer to the lab, they noticed an agent escorting Thor there as well. It only took a few turns before they reached the lab, hearing the last of what Steve Rogers was saying.

"I was wrong Director. The world hasn't changed a bit."

Bruce saw his brother walk in with the assassin and the God, before asking Natasha, "Did you know about this?" gesturing to the weapon on the table.

Will looked confused as he walked towards the holographic screen which showed what Tony had hacked into. Scanning the screen quickly, Will was surprised. His eyes widen as he looked at Fury and Natasha.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" The redhead said ignoring what the doctor had asked.

Bruce let out a laugh, "We were in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" The older Banner fired back.

"You two didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy."

Will started to feel really uncomfortable as he watched the two people he was close with argue. Slowly, he backed away from everyone and hid behind Thor, in front of the screen which was tracking the Cube. Will tried to focus on that but wasn't able to as they continued to argue.

Bruce walked to the holographic interface and turned it so everyone could see "I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of him." Fury stated before pointing to Thor, who looked confused.

"Me?"

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

Thor stepped forward, "My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" Fury questioned, "And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled."

Captain Rogers then cuts in, "Like you controlled the Cube?"

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies." Thor said, looking at Nick, "It is a signal to all the Realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

"A higher form?" Steve asked.

Will was becoming dizzy with the amount of people talking and all the information being thrown about. This isn't what he thought they came here to do. They needed to find the Cube before Loki tries something, not sit here and argue.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something."

Tony, who hadn't spoken in a while, cuts in, "A nuclear deterrent, because that always calms everything right down."

Fury says back, "Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark."

All of this arguing is making Will's heart beat faster and the skin on the back of his neck become wet with sweat. He was never good in conflict. Won't he be amazing in battle?

Steve Rogers said, "I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep-"

"Hold on." Stark stepped forward, "How is this now about me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, isn't everything?

"I thought humans were more evolved than this."

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?"

"You treat your champions with such mistrust."

"Are you boys really that naïve?"

Now, everyone had started to speak over one another, making Will's heart beat even faster and his breathing to become quick and shallow.

Thor then spoke above everyone else, "You speak of control, yet you court chaos."

"That's his M.O, isn't it?" Bruce questioned, "I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're a time bomb."

Fury, finally remembering why they were in the lab, turned to Banner and said, "You need to step away."

Tony then said, "Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?"

However, he made the wrong choice by putting his hand on Rogers shoulder because he slapped it off and saying, "You know damn well why. Back off!"

"I'm starting to want you to make me."

Will's breathing had started to become shallower and shallower as their fight continued. He almost couldn't take it.

"Yeah. Big man in suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage the only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire."

Steve let out a dry chuckle, "Always a way out. You may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you? You're a laboratory experiment, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle."

"Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds."

Suddenly, Thor laughs, which made Will flinch as he wasn't expecting it. He was still breathing heavily and sweating but he was able to calm down a bit.

"You people are so petty, and tiny."

"Yeah, this is a team." Bruce said.

Fury then said, "Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his..."

"Where? You rented my room." Bruce said sarcastically.

"The cell was just in case..." Nick Fury started but was cut off again.

"In case you needed to kill me. But you can't. I know, I tried."

This made Will flinch harshly as he remembered. He had walked into the room and saw Bruce pull the trigger. He had never been so happy that the Other Guy was there.

Everyone in the room was quiet. Will was finally able to breathe probably, for a short amount of time.

"I got low. I didn't see an end. Thought Will would be better off without me. So, I put a bullet in my mouth, and the Other Guy spit it out. So, I moved on. We focused on helping other people. We were good." Bruce then, possibly unknowingly, reached behind him and grabbed Loki's spear. Everyone tensed up, while Will stepped forward, hoping to help his brother. "Until you dragged us back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk. You want to know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You want to know how I stay calm?"

Will noticed that Fury had started to reach for his gun but before he could, he could a small step forward, and said in the same calm tone he uses when his brother gets angry, "Bruce." The older Banner looked at his twin, his face slowly calming at the sight of his brother, "Put down the sceptre."

The doctor frowned before looking down at his hand, confused, he couldn't remember picking it up. Gently, he put it down on the table before turning to his brother. He noticed that his breathing was off and that he was sweating.

Feeling guilty, Bruce moved to his brother and put his hand on his cheek, moving his thumb up and down, "You okay?" Will nodded, taking a deep breath, "I'm sorry, Will. I forget you don't like yelling." He said quietly, although everyone in the room could hear.

"I'm alright."

Bruce smiled at his brother, proud that he was being strong.

Suddenly, the computer next to Will started beeping.

Letting go of his brother, Bruce walked towards the computer, saying to everyone, "Sorry kids, you don't get to see my party trick after all."

Thor asked, "You located the Tesseract?"

As they started arguing again, Bruce put a hand on his brother arm, stroking him to keep him calm.

Looking at the screen, both Will and Bruce took their glasses off, hoping to see a different reading, but that didn't work.

"Oh, my God."

Before anyone could say anything else, there was an explosion, knocking everyone off their feet.

Bruce, Will and Natasha got thrown away and onto the level below.

Will cried out as he hit his head harshly against the floor. Groaning, he tried to sit up, but his vision was blurry. He blinked a few times before his vision came back, not 100% but it was good enough.

Looking around, he saw Natasha trapped under a piece of fallen metal. He was about to get up and help but was cut off by an angry growl. Freezing to a stop, Will tense. He had heard that noise before, too many times. Turning to his right, he saw his brother on the floor groaning. Will took a closer look.

His neck. It was starting to turn green.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 11.7K 19
in which the dark sorcerous fell in love with the naive witch • " i thought you said there were only two of them! " " well, I only saw red and blu...
57K 1.6K 16
Ms. Romanoff an Anvenger and billionaire woman who own her own business with Stark which is her co-Avenger too. She was living in a mansion and have...
642 27 13
𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒 a simple story where an attack on the royal family creates an everlasting bond between two 'lucky' teens post-aou | 2015 pi...
11.9K 626 19
"He is pretty, smart, and deadly, it makes him the perfect agent but the worst human" "I can't tell if you are telling the truth Clarke" "Great, it...