14

Closing The Portal

---

Will punched an alien in the face.

He, Will Banner, one of the most awkward men to ever lived just punched an alien in its ugly face.

He has never been so proud of himself.

Will and Steve worked together to get rid of the aliens. Will would shoot an alien that was behind Steve, while he would throw his shield at anything behind Banner. They worked well together.

After a while, Iron Man joined them on the ground. As he flew, he knocked some of them down, then used his replusors to shoot the Chitauri. Tony then shot at Steve's shield, which caused it to reflect and hit a few aliens, and almost hit Will but he jumped out of the way in time. With that done, Tony took off.

Suddenly, four aliens swamped Will. He quickly kicked one in the leg, causing it to fall down, then shot it in the head. One down three to go. He turned to another, but he felt a pain in his shoulder and the force of it made him fall to the floor. Will pressed his hand to his shoulder, he looked down and saw blood covering it.

His heartbeat increased.

New York around started to shift and change into a white hallway. Will let out a small cry. Why does his mind always go back to this?

He looked up and saw the face he expected. The man he killed. Will looked down at his hands and saw that they were covered in blood, his mind didn't make the connection that it was his own blood.

Will closed his eyes tightly and took deep, shaky breathes, "It's not real. It's not real. It's not real. He's not here, he's dead." He whispered repeatedly.

There was a sudden thud and a sickly cry. He snapped his eyes open. He was back. Back in New York, during an alien attack. To be honest, he didn't know which one he preferred.

Looking up, he saw that the thud had been the Chitauri surrounding him, the cry had been their cry of pain. Confused, he glanced up to see Steve standing a few meters away from him, shieldless. Will looked to see the shield lying next to him. The doctor nodded at his Captain in thanks.

Will was about to stand up and hand Steve his shield back, when an alien tackled the Captain to the floor.

Rushing to stand, Will grabbed the shield and ran over to the two on the ground. Using all the strength he had, he pulled his arm back and brought it hard down on the Chitauri, hitting him in the back of the head with the shield. It fell.

Banner also fell to the ground as he grew tired.

Panting, Steve stood up and helped the younger man do the same. He checked his wounds and wondered how the doctor, a person who wasn't prepared for combat, was lasting this long. Clapping a hand on his shoulder, he told him, "Will, you're doing great. You just need to last a little longer, alright?"