02

The Helicarrier

---

"You know, Bruce, you could have left me there."

The two doctor brothers sat inside a technologically advanced plane with Natasha Romanoff as the pilot. After she had informed them that it will take two hours to get where they need to be, she still hadn't told them where however, Will started to regret agreeing to join. He just wished that him and Bruce could have stayed where those sink men, women and children needed their help. But Natasha did say that what they were dealing with was a 'potential global catastrophe', so if he helped deal with this problem he would be helping millions of people. All he wanted to do was help people.

Bruce turned away from the window he was looking out of to look at his brother, "And why would I do that? I need you brother, we work better together, plus you're the only person who can calm The Other Guy."

Will sighed, "You would be fine, S.H.I.E.L.D. can take care of you. Bruce, you don't need me weighing you down all the time." His brother could do so much better without him, that's what he thought all the time.

"Will, you know that's not true."

He laughed at his brother, turning to look at him, but, again, not in the eye, "Oh come on! I'm psychology unstable! I can't look at anyone in the eye without thinking, 'Oh those whites are really white.' or 'They must have hepatitis.' or 'Is that a burst vein?' Eyes are distracting, see too much, don't see enough. I can't even look my own brother in the eye! Right now, I'm staring at the grey hairs you have."

Bruce suddenly looked offended, "Hey! I don't have grey hairs!"

Will raised an eyebrow at his brother, "Bruce, stop lying to yourself." 

He was about to reply but then Natasha walked out of the cockpit and had appeared to change her clothes to a red top, jeans and a leather jacket, "Doctors, we will be arriving shortly, get ready." She then walked back into the cockpit.

The Banners then put on their seat belts and waited for the landing, surprisingly it wasn't a rough landing, which Will was thankful for.

As they all got off the plane, Natasha ordered a man on the runway, that was on top of an ocean, to lead them inside, she then walked off to another plane that had just landed.

"Follow me." The man had said. They did try to, however, the man was walking too fast and was lost in the crowd, so the two men were standing on a very busy runway, looking very confused.

Suddenly, a voice ran out over the voices of then men and women running around, "Dr. Banner!"

Both doctors turned to see Natasha Romanoff with America's Mightiest Hero, Captain America.

The Captain held his hand out to Bruce as they walked forward, "Yeah, hi." He said awkwardly, "They told me you would be coming."

Mr. Rogers nodded polity to Bruce, then turned Will, holding his hand out. Will, feeling incredibly awkward, just stared at the hand, not knowing what to do. After a few seconds, Bruce nudged him, which seemed to wake him, and Will shook his hand, whispering a small, "Captain Rogers."

He smiled at the smaller man, "Please, call me Steve."

Will nodded, letting go of Steve's hand, and walked over to Natasha, who leaned closer to Will and asked, "Where did that man go that I ordered to lead you two inside?"

Banner shrugged, looking at her red hair, "We lost him in the crowd, sorry."

The two then turned to Bruce and Steve, who were talking, "Word is, you two can find The Cube." Steve said as he looked over at Will then back at the older brother.

Bruce glanced around anxiously, "Is that he only word on me?"

"Only word I care about."

Will took his eyes away from the ground to look at Steve and smiled, he liked Steve. Natasha saw this and also let a small smile grow on her face, she admired how much Will cared for Bruce. The older brother nodded gratefully at the Captain.

"It must be strange for you, all of this." He said, gesturing around at the modern world.

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar." Rogers said, looking toward the group of men jogging up the runway in a pack.

Natasha then decided to step in, "Gentlemen, you might want to step inside in a minute. It's going to get a little hard to breathe."

Then an agent's voice ran out on the runway over the PA as alarms went off, "Flight crew, secure the deck."

The sides of the runways then groaned as it moved, Will felt uneasy.

"Is this a submarine?" Steve questioned.

"Really?" Bruce laughed, "They want me in a submerged, pressurised, metal container?"

The three men walked closer to the edge and peered over, Will stayed a little behind them, not wanting to fall over. They watched as the water moved to reveal a turbine that was connected to the ship. The turbine span faster making the ship lifted up into the air.

"No, no. This is much worse!" Bruce yelled over the loud spinning sounds.

Natasha Romanoff then led the three men inside, occasionally grabbing Steve's arm as he wobbled, he wasn't used to being on planes. The times where he was on one, he either had to jump out of it or crash it into the ocean. The last one he didn't want to do again.

She led them into the main control room. Everyone was walking around, checking consoles to make sure that the ship they were in was fully operational. As Steve looked on in amazement, Bruce and Will stood at the back to get away from everyone.

Will noticed Nick Fury standing in the middle of the room, in between two consoles. The younger Banner looked at the screens that the agents were typing in codes, he then noticed what was happening, they were engaging the retro-reflection panels. Clever. They would seem invisible to anyone down below on Earth.

Fury turned around to Steven Rogers, who then brought out his wallet and handed him $10. He then walked over to the two doctors and held his hand out to Bruce, "Doctors, thank you for coming."

"Thanks for asking nicely. So, how long are we staying?"

Nick looked between the two doctors, "Once we get our hand on The Tesseract, you two are in the wind."

"Where are you with that?" Bruce asked, walking off in a direction. Fury joining him.

An agent, that Will and Bruce were unfamiliar with, said, "We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cell phones, laptops. It's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us."

Natasha, who had kneeled down next to a computer, turned to them and said, "That's still not gonna find them in time."

Will, who had been quiet for a long time, stepped in, "You have to narrow you field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?" His voice surprised Steve and Fury, seeing as they haven't heard much of it yet.

Nick hid his shock quite well and answered the question with a question, "How many are there?"

"Call every lab you know." Bruce said, realising what his brother was doing.

Will continued, "Tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for Gamma rays. We'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for us to work?" He asked, keeping his eyes on Fury's eye patch. It was a lot easier for him to look at Nick because of this patch.

The director nodded, "Agent Romanoff, could you show the doctors to their laboratory, please?"

Natasha then started to lead them to the lab, "You're gonna love it, Doc." She said, looking at Will as she passed, "We got all the toys."