Fate/Stay Gakuen | Gilgamesh...

By HanaYume23

HIGHEST RANKING/S: • #1 in the #gilgamesh tag [06/04/2018] • #6 in the #fatestaynight tag [09/17/2018] - Hina... More

Author's Note: About the Story
(Spring) Chapter 1
(Spring) Chapter 2
(Spring) Chapter 3
(Spring) Chapter 4
(Spring) Chapter 5
(Spring) Chapter 6
(Spring) Chapter 7
(Spring) Chapter 8
(Spring) Chapter 9
(Spring) Chapter 10
(Spring) Chapter 11
(Spring) Chapter 12
(Summer) Chapter 13
(Summer) Chapter 14
(Summer) Chapter 15
(Summer) Chapter 16
(Summer) Chapter 17
(Summer) Chapter 18
(Summer) Chapter 19
(Summer) Chapter 20
(Summer) Chapter 21
(Summer) Chapter 22
(Summer) Chapter 23
(Summer) Chapter 24
(Autumn) Chapter 25
(Autumn) Chapter 26
(Autumn) Chapter 27
(Autumn) Chapter 28
(Autumn) Chapter 29
(Autumn) Chapter 30
(Autumn) Chapter 31
(Autumn) Chapter 32
(Autumn) Chapter 34
(Autumn) Chapter 35
(Autumn) Chapter 36
(Extra) Chapter 36.5
(Winter) Chapter 37
(Winter) Chapter 38
(Winter) Chapter 39
(Winter) Chapter 40
(Winter) Chapter 41
(Winter) Chapter 42
(Winter) Chapter 43
(Winter) Chapter 44
(Winter) Chapter 45
(Winter) Chapter 46
(Winter) Chapter 47
(Winter) Chapter 48
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

(Autumn) Chapter 33

782 25 11
By HanaYume23

This chapter is dedicated to hen333!

-

Original Published Date: October 2016

Edited Date: February 12, 2018

"Douji-senpai, I..."

She stops for a brief a moment and places a hand over her chest, feeling the beat of her heart. When she finally found the courage, she lifts her head and meets his scarlet red eyes and she has never met his look so lovingly before.

"I want to say thank you for everything that you've done for me. You might think that it's not much, considering that we only met four months ago and believe me, the start of this friendship wasn't as happy before. We're the same, in some ways, but we're also different. I envy you, you know?"

She looks away for a moment, trying to hold back the tears as she felt sadness again.

"I envy you because you still have your mother and you even have a little brother. Sometimes, I think to myself... Why was I fated to be alone? But, somehow, none of those thoughts matter and I'm beginning to understand that life is not all about happiness. I have to experience this kind of sadness in order to be tough. And also, I have you."

She returns her look towards her upperclassman and smiles a genuine and beautiful smile. He was taken back, his heart skipped a beat.

"I have you, my friends, and Souji-san. Ever since I moved here in Fuyuki, my life has been better. I am thankful for everything you and the others have done. Senpai..."

His face reddens and something within him intensifies.

"Thank you for reaching out to me. Thank you for everything."

October 11, 2016 - Dawn

Gil slowly opens his eyes as rays of sunlight seeps inside the room from his curtain-covered window. He has a slight pink blush painting all over his face as he recalls, again and again, the dream that he just had. It was about Hinako's heart-felt speech back in August, during the Tanabata festival. Even if he didn't dream it, he would have remembered it easily. After all, no one, except for his mother, has looked at him so lovingly and full of compassion like that.

"Big brother, breakfast is served!" Dio calls out from the other side of Gil's bedroom door. "You don't want to be late, right?"

Gil closes his eyes for a few seconds and releases a long sigh. He steadies his beating heart, returning it to its original beat. He didn't expect that he would dream of that night and the way Hinako looked at him - it was ever so loving.

October 11, 2016 - Morning

The final days of practice for the community play were intense and serious. After all, Sir William is directing the play.

"No, no, no! How many times do I have to tell you that your expression must be fierce, bold?!" Sir William said with one eye twitching, slightly irritated at the student who plays Enkidu, who can't deliver a proper expression for the fight scene.

"My apologies, Shijin-sensei, but how do you want me to deliver Enkidu's expression?" The female student asks, one with short, red hair, and raises an eyebrow. "I pretty much think that my expressions are correct."

An irk mark pops out of Sir William's temple. "You dare criticize the director?! I know to myself when the expression is correct or not, when the lines are delivered properly or not, and when I see great talent or not."

The red-headed student's face darkens. "So, do you think that you chose the wrong student to play Enkidu?"

"I hate to admit it but yes! You're not perfect for the role of Enkidu," he puts it bluntly as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"I see," she closes her eyes and closes the script book. Then, she puts the book on the floor, descends the flight of steps from the stage, and walks out of the auditorium.

Everyone was shocked, knowing that they lost a student who plays a vital role in the play.

Sir William slumps down on his chair and massages his forehead, trying to relieve himself from the stress. "Ugh, where am I going to get a replacement for the role of Enkidu at this time? We only have a limited number of days before the play."

Even though it was but a small murmur to oneself, Mabu was able to catch on what Sir William said. Her eyes sparkles in hope.

"Sir William, I'll play Enkidu!" Mabu said as she raises her hand.

"Your role is Ishtar!" Unknowingly, Gil and Sir William shouts in unison.

Mabu looks at Gil with disappointment. "Why? Don't you want to kiss me, Gil-darling?" She pouts her lips.

"I don't want to!" Gil, then, turns around and talks to himself. "Just the thought of it gives me the creeps."

An echo suddenly fills the auditoium. It was the sound of a heavy door opening. Everyone diverts their attention to the brown-headed girl who was carrying a few boxes filled with donuts and some coffee-in-can placed in a plastic bag.

"Good morning, everyone!" Hinako said with a smile. "Have a little snack."

Sir William suddenly snaps his fingers. He stands up and points at Hinako. "You'll be our new Enkidu!"

"Huh?" Hinako trips but she was able to regain her footing. She almost let go of the boxes of donuts. "S-Sir William?"

Hinako finds herself on the stage with a script book on her right hand. In front of her was Gil and they are going to act the fighting part of Enkidu and Gilgamesh. Other actors and actresses stepped down for a bit from the stage and enjoyed some coffee and donuts. Mabu was seriously pissed, glaring at Hinako like an angry lion.

"Please, Suzuhana-san," Sir William claps his hands. "just try to act for me. This is for the sake of the festival and the play!"

Hinako couldn't say "no" at all, not even after Sir William's begging tone. She gave in and went on with the flow.

"Are you ready, Douji-senpai?" Hinako asks, her volume was slightly low.

Gil felt bothered all of a sudden. It wasn't Hinako's usual energetic tone, rather it was an exhausted tone in her voice. "Are you all right? You sound like you need a breather."

"Ah," Hinako waves her left hand once with a matching smile. "I'm just a little tired, senpai. Don't worry about it, though. I'll be fine."

Gil's eyes soften, lowering his script book for a while. "You don't have to do this, if you don't want to. I know Shijin-sensei can be a bother but there's nothing wrong with turning him down."

"Oh," Hinako's smile slightly dies down as she lowers her left hand. "don't you want me to at least try?"

The golden-headed man was surprised as his underclassman's expression changes. He felt that it was wrong of him to ask the brown-headed girl to turn down the role of Enkidu for the play but he never meant it that way. Gil was just worried, remembering the time when Hinako pushed herself with work and studies. He just doesn't want the same thing to happen again.

"Of course I want you to try," Gil said as he look to his right. "Enough talk. Let's just get this over with."

When Hinako heard that, her cheeks made a slight tint of red as she smiles. "Yes, let's try!"

Two souls, two different worlds stand in front of one another. A king of Babylon and a warrior born from mud and clay.

"Who dares defy the great King of Heroes?" Gilgamesh asks the green-headed warrior, who is looking sternly at him.

"I do not defy you, my king," she said. "I am here merely to put you back on the right track."

The students who were watching were quite surprised on how Hinako delivered Enkidu's lines. Her expression was fierce, bold - something that Sir William was looking for in a student.

Inside Gil's mind, he never knew how talented Hinako was in acting. After all, she was just placed in the role a few minutes ago.

Enkidu stretches out her right arm sideways and slowly, she lifts it up towards the sky.

"I do not want to fight you, my king."

Gilgamesh crosses his arms over his chest as golden portals suddenly appear from behind. "I do not care. You have dared yourself to look me in the eyes, as if you are worthy of it. This place will be your deathbed."

Enkidu closes her eyes, a violent, blue torrent starts to form from the sky. "Very well, my king. You leave me no choice."

It was a battle that lasted for days.

Hinako closes the script book and releases a long sigh. Then, she turns to look at Sir William. "So, uh, how was it, Shijin-sensei?"

Sir William stood from his seat and slowly claps his hands. There was a small teardrop forming from his right eye. Even the other students clapped their hands, except for Mabu. She was irritated, unable to admit that Hinako made a better expression of Enkidu than the previous one.

Hinako and Gil descends from the stage and approaches Sir William.

"That was truly magnificent, Suzuhana-san!" Sir William exclaims. "Why didn't you audition before? You were the best!"

"Oh, I was busy with other duties, Shijin-sensei," Hinako scratches the back of her head, a little flattered. "As a representative for the first years, I had to do my responsibilities."

Sir William nods in agreement. "I understand, Suzuhana-san, but will you be our Enkidu for the play?"

"Eh?" She blinks her eyes, thinking if she should actually take the role or not.

Hinako, on one side of her, wants to perform for the community play. She always thought that stage acting is fun and that she can meet a lot of friends. Even though she is a student council representative, she only has a few friends, mostly within her classroom. With this play, that is comprised of different students from different classes, she can make new friends. She wanted to make a mark in the school. Although, on the other side, she doesn't want to do it. She doesn't want to perform the role that she thinks is best suited for Asura Souji. Even if what Asuto said was true, that there are other people than her and Asura who are good in acting, she just can't get the thought out of her head.

Sir William turns to Gil and smiles. "What do you think, Douji-kun? Do you want Suzuhana-san to play Enkidu?"

Hinako's heart skips a beat. She was curious; does Gil want her to be in the play or not? Slowly, she turns around to look at her senior with a worried and scared face.

Gil meets the eyes of his underclassman. Seeing her worried eyes, he can't say "no". In his mind, maybe she doesn't want to feel rejected and Gil, for once, doesn't want to reject Hinako. So, he releases a small sigh, a smile forming his lips, and said, "Suzuhana, will you play the role of Enkidu for me?"

Hinako blushes at Gil's statement. It felt like there was another meaning to it but of course, she can't think of it that way. Even Gil blushed, mentally slapping himself for his choice of words.

"I-I mean, not just for me but for the whole school, idiot!" Gil stutters, looking towards his side and hiding his blushing face.

"D-Don't call me an idiot, senpai-baka!" She retorts back.

Gil snaps his head to look at Hinako. "Again with the senpai-baka!"

"You started it!"

"Even so!"

Everything became lively inside the auditorium as the students and Sir William enjoyed the two bickering students' comedic performance. Mabu, on the other hand, was thinking of bad thoughts and repeatedly cursed Hinako's name. She couldn't let the new meat take the role or even take her precious darling away.

October 11, 2016 - After School

Hinako swept up some trash inside the auditorium. She wanted to make the place look clean. The sun was setting already and the light of the sun warmly lit the whole place.

"All right, done!" Hinako happily said, wiping off a few sweat beads from her forehead. After she placed the cleaning tools inside a closet, she heads outside of the auditorium.

"Suzuhana-chan!" Out of nowhere, Asuto started flying towards her. She easily dodged the flying senior, making Asuto hit the door of the auditorium.

"J-Juniyushi-senpai?" She releases an anime sweat-drop.

Asuto pushes himself away from the door and rubs his red nose. "You dodged me again, Suzuhana-chan! How mean of you!"

"W-What was I supposed to do? You just started to fly towards me, senpai," the edge of her mouth twitches.

Asuto laughs a bit. "Sorry, sorry. Anyway, I heard you took the role of Enkidu today."

"Yes, I did. Although, I need to memorize more lines since the festival starts next week," Hinako said, a little worried that she might not be able to memorize everything in just a few days.

"You'll be fine. I just know you'll do great, Suzuhana-chan," Asuto smiles.

"Thank you, senpai."

"Oh, yeah," Asuto pounds his right fist onto his left palm. "Gil told me to tell you that you should wait for him. He's just fixing a couple of documents inside the student council room."

"Huh? That's unusual of him," Hinako ponders for a while.

"Isn't it great? He actually wants to walk you  home!" Asuto grins.

Hinako blushes a little, thinking that maybe Asuto was just teasing her. "Please, senpai, we take the same route together. It's not like he really wants to walk me home."

"But I do think that he wants to walk you home," Asuto said, his voice softening. It earns the curiosity of his underclassman.

"Senpai?" Hinako blinks a few times. "Are you all right?"

"W-Well," he suddenly scratches the back of his head. "I want to say sorry to you about before. I, uh, I didn't mean to make you tell us of your feelings back then."

"Oh, that," Hinako lowers her head a bit as she smiles to herself. "It's all right, senpai. The feelings that I hold right now," Hinako places a hand over her chest. "they're true. I do have these special feelings for Douji-senpai and no matter how many times I try to dismiss them as simple feelings, I can't. It's here to stay."

"Suzuhana-chan..."

"Senpai," she raises her head and smiles. "please don't tell Douji-senpai about this. I'm... I'm not yet ready to tell him and I don't know if I'll ever be."

"Of course I won't tell him! You can trust me, Suzuhana-chan!" Asuto perks up as he takes his underclassman's hands and tightly held them together. "Also, I believe that there will be a time where you'll be able to tell him! I think it's beautiful that you have feelings for my best friend! I even support you and him together!"

"S-Senpai..." The edge of Hinako's mouth twitches as her senior speaks continuously without pause.

"I...!" Asuto held Hinako's hands firmly. "I want to thank you, Suzuhana-chan."

"Huh?" Hinako raises an eyebrow. "What for, Juniyushi-senpai?"

"Because of you, Gil is..." Asuto pulls back from all his excitement. He composes himself for a while, smiling genuinely. "Gil's been expressing more often than before. I know that it's because of you, he's become more expressive and more trusting towards his friends. I know for a fact that when he met you, that's when he changed."

"W-What?" Hinako suddenly blushes like a tomato, looking to her side. "I-I did nothing of the sort!"

"That's what I truly feel, Suzuhana-chan!"

Hearing the seriousness in her senior's voice made Hinako look back slowly into Asuto's pink eyes.

"Thank you so much...for bringing the real Gil back!"

"These go over here and this box goes over here, above box ten," Asura instructed as she points the specific places on where Gil should put it.

The student council room was in a mess: festival decorations and documents are scattered all over the floor and on the meeting table. Gil can't help but wonder on why the room got messy in just a span of two weeks from preparing for the festival.

Gil places a box filled with student profiles on top of box ten. After doing so, he stands up and stretches his arms upwards. "Is that all, Asura-san?"

"Not yet, Gil-san, we still have to sort out some documents from last year's students," Asura said as she takes a box filled with papers and places it on the meeting table.

"Are you kidding me?" Gil murmurs under his breath with slight irritation.

"No, I'm not kidding," she makes her point by opening the box.

Gil was surprised that Asura heard him even though his voice was as quiet as possible. Maybe she just have good ears.

"Can't we do this tomorrow, Asura-san? We have a festival to prepare for plus I don't want to make Suzuhana wait longer."

Asura stops counting the many documents from the box that was in front of her. She remains silent for a few seconds, thinking about a lot of things. Then, she slowly looks up at Gil.

"Gil-san, do you...like Suzuhana-san?"

Gil suddenly coughs as his own saliva got caught in his throat. When he stops, he looks at Asura with a confused look. "What makes you say that? Why does everyone have the presumption that I like Hinako?" He raises an eyebrow.

Asura lowers her head and smiles a hurt smile. "It's just that you look happy whenever you are with her, Gil-san. Maybe the conflicting feelings you hold are for her."

Gil remains silent. He closes his eyes and tries to calm himself down. He's slightly irritated at the fact that people always presume that he has feelings for Hinako. But, somewhere, deep inside his mind and heart lies a few hints from a few memories of the past seven months.

"Senpai..."

"Gil-senpai!"

"Senpai-baka!"

"Stop calling me an idiot!"

"Thank you, senpai."

"Senpai..."

He opens his eyes and slightly smiles at the memories.

"Thank you for I have you."

Gil suddenly finds himself back on the night after the regional kendo competition. Hinako was with him as they walked home. Gil said hurtful things towards Hinako that day and he didn't know how to apologize for it. Then, he didn't think twice. Gil placed his left hand over Hinako's head while his right arm held her left forearm. He pulled her into an embrace, saying sorry all over again.

"Suzuhana, I'm so sorry that I said those things."

Hinako slightly pulls away, wiping a few tears from her eyes. "I forgive you, senpai. I understand why you were angry but please," she looks up to meet his crimson eyes. "do not say such things to me again."

"I promise, I won't do that again."

"Thank you...Douji-senpai..."

"You know, she may have been a pain in the back these past few months," Gil starts, walking up to a chair where his shoulder bag is. "but she became someone dear to me in the process."

"Gil-san..." Asura lowers her head as she tries to stop the tears from falling.

"Asu- no," Gil held his bag tightly into his right hand. "Souji-senpai, I'll be taking my leave now. Let's continue arranging the boxes tomorrow."

Gil left the student council room, leaving Asura with little tears in her eyes.

To be continued: (Autumn) Chapter 34

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.3K 159
I die in was reborn in demon slayer as an Uchiha. None of the character belong to me except for the mc all of them are the creation of Koyoharu Gotou...
873K 40.5K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
3.4M 52.2K 187
Damon Stefan Klaus Kol Elijah Jeremy Kai I don't own TVD or the pics i'll put in
12.1K 416 8
Ayumi Suzuki is your normal Highschool Girl .. well she is blind and because of that she bacame a shut in , she couldn't talk about new series , anim...