His Harem, his women and his...

By Fionalibby

Through times we have heard unconventional love stories, there was 'Layla and Majnu' 'Romeo and Juliet' 'Jodh... More

His Harem, his women and his WOMAN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 part-one
Chapter 61 part-two
Author's note and a Thank you
Epilogue
Sequel / Book two

Chapter 31

8.9K 316 21
By Fionalibby

This chapter is dedicated to TheChronicCreator thank you so much for the wonderful cover you created for me.

Not Edited

Omeed remained stiffened in Hafez's arm as everyone looked on. Very few knew who she was immediately with her referring to the present Nazir as uncle. And most have heard the story of the lost crown princess.

"Your majesty, please let me go. People are staring." She reminded Hafez who seemed to have forgotten they weren't alone.

"Only this time, and not for very long my princess." He whispered into her neck making shivers run down her spine as she blinked back the tinge of blush spread across her cheeks.

With a twinge of sadness, Hafez let go of Omeed. He could tell she was holding back her tears. Omeed wasn't one to show weakness and right at that moment she needed to show everyone she was strong and capable of ruling the kingdom alongside Hafez.

Omeed watched Hafez gesture Amir closer then whispered something quietly to him. With only a nod of his head Amir accepted Hafez's order. He turned to Omeed then politely spoke. "My lady, I will need to escort you to a seat for now. His majesty has to address everyone."

Omeed followed Amir as he led her to a table that had Ramin. "My lady, it's good to see you again after so many years." Ramin said loudly as the feast fell silent. His excitement had gotten the better of his young mind.

"Almost six years Ramin, and what a fine young man you've become." She teased him as he beamed with pride. Omeed was glad Hafez had taken him off the streets and brought him to the palace. She had often wondered what became of him.

Turning towards Amir she asked with a sweet smile, "What is your real name?"

"Amir my lady. I am sorry to have lied to you all those years ago." He bowed his head.

"I did lie also, and look at where it got us." Omeed said brushing it off as she turned her attention to Hafez who had just ordered everyone to be seated.

"I will be retiring for the night." Hafez announced. "Enjoy the merriment and I will see you ministers in court tomorrow." He said with finality as he made a move to stand up from his throne.

"Royal brother, what about the maiden I had asked for?" Hafez heard his brother say. "You've never been one to take interest in beauties and you already have an harem full with them. Can't I have this one?" He slurred as he spoke.

Hafez bit his tongue as he tried controlling his temper. He knew if he opened his mouth then Iraj's head would be on a platter in minutes. Zubaida sensing this spoke quickly.

"Royal brother you've been drinking far too much, besides you can't have the king's woman." Zubaida teased but the unheard threat was vivid in her voice. She beckoned Iraj's servants forward. "Escort your master, he has had one drink too many!" She ordered them.

Hafez threw Zubaida an appreciative smile which she returned. Afsoon who was seated with the other concubines had had enough. She had clenched her fist so tightly her finger nails drew blood as she watched the interaction between Omeed and Hafez.

"I have never seen that expression on his face." Farah said sadly as her lips quivered.

"He has never held me so lovingly." Another concubine muttered.

"He is smiling genuinely at her. His majesty only smiled that way when he's with lord Ramin and princess Zubaida." Cried another concubine.

"Who is she anyway?" A confused one asked. "I have never seen or heard if her before now."

"That is the infamous lady Omeed." Afsoon replied since none of the other ladies knew Omeed. "Years ago, she was meant to marry his majesty but her father killed the late king." Afsoon lied. "She ran away before she could be sent to the gallows."

The ladies all gasped except for concubine Asal. She had seen through Afsoon spite and Asal had a functioning brain. She asked herself, if Omeed was indeed a criminal why does his majesty hold her dearly?

"Are you sure big sister Afsoon?" Asal asked her. "His majesty looks at her like she's the most important thing in his life." At Asal's words the other concubines nodded. Now thinking for themselves as Omeed laughs with Ramin.

"You think she's going to be crowned empress and now you fighting her battles for her? She will never become the empress." Afsoon seethed as she glared towards Omeed's direction. "Even though my father is no longer a minister he still has the support of the ministers and can rally them together."

"And you think his majesty is going to accept that with folded arms?" Asal shook her head then chuckled. "I don't see the scholars supporting your father. Not after the reason for his dismissal from office."

"How dare you speak of my father that way you peasant. Just because you've had the kings favour for several years you think you're above me?" Afsoon raged but Asal only smirked at her state of distress.

She looked towards her father and then her brother who had returned from Turkey only today after four years away. She was glad to have Farzan back knowing he would do her bidding. All she had to do was give him orders.

Omeed had listened to the argument between Afsoon and Asal. She had refused to leave the hall citing she needed to instruct Zoya and Feriha on what needed to be done. Hafez had sat next to her with her hand in his as they waited for Amir to return.

"Do they always fight over you?" She asked timidly. Omeed was anything but timid, but Hafez seemed to bring out the softness in her. Something she wasn't fond of.

"I don't know because I have never cared or stayed near them long enough to find out." Hafez replied tilting his head as his eyes lingered on Omeed's.

With a slight frown etched on her forehead Omeed responded. "But you are their husband." The words had felt bitter as she spoke them. A twinge of jealousy made it's way to her heart as she wondered if she was willing to share her husband with several other women.

Hafez had sense the sudden mood swing as Omeed unconsciously pulled her hand away from his. "What is wrong Omeed?" She liked the endearment laced in his voice as he called her name. "What worries you?" He asked softly.

"I don't know, just the thought of sharing you bothers me." She blushed a crimson red. "I know I was brought up knowing most men had more than one woman. But my Pedar had only my Medar." She cringed at how silly she suddenly sounded.

"Omeed, I---" Hafez was cut off with the return of Amir, Zoya and Feriha.

"Your majesty." They all greeted at once with Zoya and Feriha fidgeting. Hafez nodded without taking his eyes from Omeed.

"I would like to speak to them privately your majesty." Omeed requested as she stood up.

"We will have to come up with another name you could call me. I hate you being so formal." He whispered as Omeed walked away with both ladies giggling quietly at her expense.

Once far enough from hearing shot they stopped walking. "Go on say something." Omeed admonished them. They had been silent and it wasn't helping her nerves.

"Looks like you will be staying here my lady." Zoya said with as a smile. "I am happy and sad at the same time." She sniffles.

"Fate has been really cruel to you. Zoya tells me he's the same young master you've loved all along." Feriha snickers. "To think you've seen him a few times since your return and didn't recognise him--" She left her statement hanging.

"I know, but did you see Farzan?" Omeed asked Feriha who smiled brightly. As much as she wanted to hate Farzan she couldn't. There was something about him that deprived her of such bitter emotions for him.

"Yes I did. And we've spoken." She blushed chewing her lips like a shy bride.

"What about?" Omeed teased she was in the mood for some female gossip session. Anything to take her mind off the inevitable.

"Well--- he said he was ready to uphold his promise to me." Omeed raised an eyebrow as Zoya frowned.

"What promise?" They screeched at the same time making Feriha roll her eyes.

"I thought I already told you about it. Obviously not." Feriha joked. "That day before we left Turkey he had begged me to give him a chance which I refused." With a sigh Feriha said, "He insisted and promised he would love and cherish me."

"I told him I wanted a man I would be proud of and that didn't necessarily mean a wealthy man since I have enough wealth to live off for the rest of my life." She said proudly. "I told him to live righteously and to meet me in Isfahan then I will seriously consider marrying him."

Omeed wanted to be happy for her best friend, she wanted to share her excitement but she feared Farzan would split them apart someday. Her shoulder immediately slumped. "I can tell you're worried about the consequence of this happening."

"Shouldn't I be?" Omeed spat not meaning to get aggressive with Feriha. "I will forever be worried about you when I revenge them for what they did to my family." Omeed cried.

"Farzan wouldn't have to be part of it. This is why I told him he had to learn how to live decently." Feriha spat back. She understood Omeed's fears and rightly so but she wanted a shot at happiness.

"As long as you keep him straight and he doesn't do his father and sister's bidding then I have no reason not to support you. Just don't talk about me while with him." Omeed orders Feriha who seemed all too happy to comply.

"I promise to keep him on a tight leech Omeed. I won't let him become their puppet." Feriha replied thoughtfully, she too was afraid of ruining her friendship with Omeed knowing if given the choice she'd pick Omeed over Farzan.

"You just do that because I won't hesitate to kill him should he interfere with my life." Omeed said deadly seriously.

"My lady, we have your Nikah to plan." Zoya said. She could feel the tension in the air. "We better start making your outfit." She sighed dreamingly.

"You are worried about Nikah Zoya? Well I am more worried about tonight." Omeed snarled. At their perplexed stare she explained. "I didn't come here to get acquainted tonight. I am not ready to become a woman." She said in horror as she gestured with her hands.

"Oh, I see. Did his majesty ask that of you already?" Feriha whispered.

"No!" Omeed shouted as she blushed. "He didn't and if he did, what am I suppose to do?" She wished her Medar had taught her what happens on your first night.

"Omeed I am afraid you're asking the wrong people. I can't remember mine since I had been drugged and Zoya is as big a novice as yourself." Omeed looked at Zoya who had both her hands on her face shielding herself from their prying eyes.

"I could always use the excuse of doing things the right way. Until then I need the both of you to help me find out what to expect and what is expected of me." Omeed pouts giving them the look they couldn't resist.

"I have decided to study medicine some more. Now that you'll be in the palace I want to become an imperial physician." Feriha announced abruptly. "It's an idea I've been flirting with lately. I like helping people get better."

"That's a brilliant idea Feriha, it was about time you put those good skills of your to use rather than stick to the grimly part of medicine." Omeed was referring to Feriha's love for poisoning.

"As for me, I will remain by your side my lady." Zoya announced. "Concubines are allowed two personal maids from outside the palace. So I've been told."

"But you'll need to have your own family Zoya." Omeed replied exasperatedly. "I want you married with children someday.

"I know that, but for now let me remain next to you. I want to serve you my lady." Zoya cried. "It won't be easy with so many concubines. You need someone you're familiar with, someone who would readily give their life up for you."

"This is probably the last time we would call you anything other than a 'Queen'." Feriha said thoughtfully as the three of them got emotional. "I have loved being your only friend and Zoya is right, you do need people you're familiar with."

Omeed knew they were correct as she closed her eyes tightly in despair. She knew now she might have to fight for everything she wants and holds dearly. And that meant Hafez and the people she valued the most. With every step she takes so many would rely on her decisions.

Author's note:  Short chapter but the daggers are being unsheathed...

prepare for palace politics and romance.

Photo of Afsoon on the side....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 71.5K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
610K 25.8K 59
Highest Ranking #1 22.10.1 Jellal never knew things will turn out worse after his beloved's death. Even after eight years all he wanted to do was mo...
500K 30.4K 46
Highest ranking, #1 in spiritual ( 10/7/2016 ) until ( 5/ 9/ 2016 ). How can you fix something that's already been broken, several times? I a...
89.9K 5.1K 9
❝ Distance can't stop what's meant to be ❞ He was her best friend's brother's best friend. And she was his best friend's sister's best friend. That's...