Adoptive Daddy

By lovelynerdyathlete97

"You have a couple options here, abort, adopt, or keep the baby." I mentally scoffed at how inconsiderate the... More

Adoptive Daddy**
Chapter 2**
Chapter 3**
Chapter 4**
Chapter 5**
Chapter 6**
Chapter 7**
Chapter 8**
Chapter 9**
Chapter 10**
Chapter 11**
Chapter 12**
Chapter 13**
Chapter 14**
Chapter 15**
Chapter 16**
Chapter 17**
Chapter 18**
Chapter 19**
Not a Chapter
Chapter 20**
Chapter 21**
Chapter 22**
Chapter 23**
Chapter 24**
Chapter 26**
Chapter 27**
Chapter 28**
Chapter 29
Epilogue**
Please Read
Author's Note

Chapter 25**

22.7K 654 48
By lovelynerdyathlete97

Michael's POV:

I sighed as I unlocked the door to my wife's apartment.

Wife's apartment. It was supposed to be our apartment. I was going to buy us a house next week and now I was alone. The painful nostalgia was already kicking and I didn't like it. What could I do to prove to her that I was worthy? She had no reason to be afraid of me, I loved her!

Did I ever hurt her?

No.

Did I yell at her?

Once.

Curse at her?

Once.

Love her?

Every damn day.

Micah never said she was afraid, but I saw it in her eyes that she was scared of me. The constant cautious look; there was a glint in her eyes. That moment where she looked like a scared doe about to be devoured. The constant want to make sure I was happy. Never before had Micah been such a house wife and I noticed it. I said I'd talk to her about it, air out all of our problems, but I didn't.

 I tried to ignore it, but look where that got me.

Sophia started crying and I made my way upstairs to the kids' room. I looked around the light green room and smiled at the innocence that thrived in here. I loved my kids so much even if they weren't biologically mine. Surprisingly, their dark hair and bluish gray eyes allowed them to pass as mine. I could only thank God for that too.

I walked into the room and realized it was unnervingly quiet despite Sophia's crying. Micah was always quick to appear when one of our kids were distressed. "Micah?" No answer. I picked up Sophia and felt her heavy diaper. I changed it and smiled as my daughter stared at me curiously.  I knew my face was a little more haggard than normal, and my children were smart enough to pick up on it.

"Daddy's having a bad day, cutie." Amusement lit up her eyes and I shook my head at how it seemed that she really understood me. I picked up Conner and bounced them in my arms to entertain them as I started to inconspicuously search the upstairs for Micah.

I started in the bedroom and the bed room ruffled, but also untouched at the same time. It was if Micah had just gotten up, but hadn't been back for a while.

"Micah?" She didn't answer again and I was getting angry. Had she left the house with our kids unattended? I threw that thought out quickly. No matter how distressed Micah was, she always put the kids first and she would not leave them alone. Maybe she was asleep in a guest bedroom?

I searched those and began to get angry again. It was starting to look like Micah was not in this house, even though her car was. I started to make my way back downstairs and now I was yelling. "Micah!"

 Was she with someone else already? I shook that thought out, I trusted that she wouldn't do that to me or the kids. She loved the just as much as I did. And I'm sure she still loved me, even if just a little bit.

When she didn't answer, I started to get nervous. Where was Micah and why wasn't she answering back to me? I walked downstairs and I froze in horror when I reached the kitchen. It was like a hard punch to the gut to see Micah's slipper next to the fridge and a blood stain sliding down the fridge.

My legs felt like giving out, but Sophia and Conner were the only things that kept me from breaking down right there. What had happened last night and why wasn't I here? I should've argued with her. I should've worked it out. Begged, anything! Now, she was missing.

I maneuvered my hand to my pocket and speed dialed my best friend.  

"Yo, what's up?" He sounded happy and I hated to ruin his mood, but this is serious.

"Something happened to Micah. Come over here, right now." I hated to boss my best friend like this, but I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I was concerned with find out what happened to my wife.

Oh God, Micah is actually gone.

I slumped down to the ground and clung to my children for dear life. "Oh baby girl, stay strong. I'll find you."

***

Micah's POV:

I shuddered as I stared into the face of my masked kidnapper. I was too tired to fight back at this moment, my back was aching from being tied into this straight wooden chair, my hands were aching from being tied behind my back, and my head was pounding with a vengeance. "What do you want from me?"

My kidnapper smiled and stroked my face. I flinched away and he growled softly. It wasn't sexy like Michael's it was throaty and repulsive.

 "I missed you, Micah. I used to see you every day until you married that- that man! You left me and I didn't know how to find you."

I tried to keep a black façade on, but inside I was freaking out. This man had been stalking me! He reached to touch my face again and I pulled away as much as I could. I didn't want this creep touching me anywhere.

"Who are you?" He shook his head no and I frowned. Why couldn't he tell me? Obviously he knew me. Maybe I could identify him too, which is why he wanted to stay a secret.

"This whole mystery thing is sexy to me. Seeing you examine me the way you are is turning me on. His muddy brown eyes darkened and I shuddered in fear.

Lust. Predatory lust is what I saw in his face.

"I'm not enjoying this. Please, tell me who you are." He started to shake his head again and I was getting more scared and more frustrated. "Please! Just take off the damn mask!" The man's posture tensed and I shut my mouth quickly. What had I done in angering this man?

"Because I love you, I'll let that one go, but I won't be so nice next time you have a little outburst like that, sweetpea."

Sweetpea? I was familiar with that name, but had no recollection of who called me it. That person could be my stalker and this is when my stupid brain chose to have a lapse.

"Sir, I'd love to see the man who is so in love with me. Please, show me who my lover is." I decided to take a different approach. Maybe acting like I was on his side would get me more trust on his part.

More trust meant my freedom from this sicko. He seemed to have an internal debate, but came to his decision. He reached to the bottom of the mask and I felt my heart beat fast in anticipation. Dread filled me as I started to see more of his face and when the mask was completely pulled up, I almost fainted.

"Ron? What are you doing?" I felt the bile rising in my throat and my head was getting dizzier by the second. He smiled lovingly at me and I felt gagging.

Holli's stepfather was now a stalker obsessed with me?

He took a step closer and I panicked, trying to push myself further away from him. My chair tipped and I squeaked waiting for the impact, but when I opened my eyes, Ron was directly in my face. I forced my face as far away as physically possible, while still being discreet.

"Micah, I love you. Ever since I saw your beautiful red hair flowing down your back as you laughed with Holli at my wedding, I've been in love. I know you want me too. I've seen the lingering looks you give me and the shy smiles." Wedding? This man was sick! His eyes were supposed to be solely on his soon to be wife, not someone who was half his age!

"You're crazy! I don't love you or want you! I want Michael!" The loving smile was quickly replaced with a cold and calculated look. He slapped me so hard that I lost my breath. I sat there in shock as I stared wide eyed at the man who was like a father to my best friend.

"You love me. You want me. We will be together." He had a crazed look in his eye and I knew he was as I'd always suspected. When Holli's mom married Ron, I was weary of him. He always had a gleam in his eyes, a dangerous gleam. I tried to tell Holli, but she seemed smitten with her new father figure and she appreciated how happy her mother was with him. I saw under his façade and somehow he mistook my mistrust as love.

He was like a predator who stalked his prey, literally. I gulped as finally thought of something. If he was my stalker-

"Were you the one that- that ra-" It was still a raw subject for me and I hated to talk about it, but I had to know.

"Violated my sweetpea? No, but you don't have to worry about him. I've taken care of him and you don't ever have to worry about seeing him again." His eyes shifted to almost black and I shuddered at the implications of his words. I was dealing with a stalker who was a murderer too.

I had once thought Michael as a murderer and I now knew I has made such a mistake in denying Michael. He loved me and our kids so much and I know I love him so much, but my own insecurities kept me from accepting it. I knew he did what he did to protect us and I know he regrets it every day and I still just threw it back in his face. I knew he would never hurt me and I pushed him away. Now, look at me, kidnapped with my children all alone.

I started to sob and Ron started to stroke my hair. As if I wanted his comfort. There was only one person I wanted to comfort me right now. "What's wrong little sweet pea? Why are you crying?"

"My kids, they must be so scared." Ron stopped stroking my hair and tightened his grip on it, pulling slightly.

"Kids? You aren't supposed to have kids. We are supposed to make life together and I'm supposed to father your first and last child!" He screamed out in anger.

He let go of my hair and flipped over the bed that was across the room. I jumped at his sudden anger and that's when I decided.

 I had to get out of here as quickly as possible if I wanted to live.

***

Michael's POV:

"Thank god I hadn't removed all of Ashley's cameras yet." I don't know what compelled me to leave up some of the cameras in the house. Ashley had placed a camera strategically in a corner of the kitchen and when I was scouting the house I told myself that I'd come back for that camera.

I never did. Maybe it was pure laziness, but whatever it was, I was praising God for it. I was one step closer to finding out who this bastard is.

Blaise pulled up the video on my computer screen and I watched as the man approached Micah from behind then smashed her head against the fridge before picking her up and dragging her out. I felt like shooting someone with the way he smiled and his hands roamed over her body as he carried her.

Micah is my wife and only I touch her.

I felt the possessive anger leave my body and I just felt like searching non-stop for her. My mood swings were alarming to me, but since I realized Micah was in danger, I was a rollercoaster of emotions. I just didn't know what to do about it anything anymore.

But then it hit me, my last resort.

I pulled out my phone and made a call, the phone only rang twice before I heard the baritone voice. "Hey, man. What do I owe this call to?"

"I'm going to need to call in another favor."

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hmmm so I'm sure nobody saw that coming! It's not her rapist, he's dead!

It's her best friend's stp father. How do you think Holli is going to react when she finds out? Holli's mom? (I know she's never been introduced to the story though)

What do you think Ron will do to Micah?

Pic of Ron on the side :/

Anywas, I hope you enjoyed it! 

Vote! Comment! Fan me! 

Love you guys! :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 131 29
Hayley is just a regular teenager. she has 3 amazing friends who are always there for her and a loving boyfriend . But that is about to change when t...
15.7K 457 5
Jungkook - Top🔥 Taehyung - bottom💢 #TAEKOOK🔞
17.5K 612 14
Each chapter has something new, each chapter has a different problem and each chapter has a different time period and these chapters belong to Nathan...
15.2K 1K 38
Every winter Alver stays at the Henituse estate to spend time with his fiance, Cale Henituse. He learns very quickly to dread and resent the winterti...