His Harem, his women and his...

By Fionalibby

Through times we have heard unconventional love stories, there was 'Layla and Majnu' 'Romeo and Juliet' 'Jodh... More

His Harem, his women and his WOMAN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 part-one
Chapter 61 part-two
Author's note and a Thank you
Epilogue
Sequel / Book two

Chapter 29

8.1K 291 23
By Fionalibby

Not Edited

Days turned into weeks with Omeed engrossed in her rehearsals. Feriha was there at every step assisting her training. Both ladies have finally put together what they deemed the perfect choreography for such an event.

Omeed wanted to do her best especially now that she has confirmed the relationship between the ex prime minister and the princess household. It had come as a shock to Omeed when she found out since it gave her more reasons to ponder the genuineness of princess Zubaida's action.

"My lady." Zoya knocked on Omeed's door. "My lady, there's an urgent message from the weavers." Hearing that, Omeed jumped off her bed inviting Zoya into her bedroom chamber.

"What is the message Zoya?" Omeed immediately asked hoping they finally found what she was looking for since her return to Isfahan. Omeed had set up the weavers and silkworm farmers on the land her father gave her as a child.

She remembered her father had once spoken of a box he buried on the land. Omeed didn't know where to start looking but she hoped it might bring her closer to finding out what exactly led to the ruination of her family.

Lately, Omeed has been wishing more and more for a different lifestyle as she watches princess Zubaida fawn over her son and unborn child. Before her return to Isfahan, the thought of having a family never crossed her mind. Now it's all her she thinks of each day.

Omeed wants a husband who would support, care and love her. She wants children of her own. Children she could scream at and pamper. She wants a big family of ten. Those were now Omeed's dream.

"They have found the box my lady. I was told it's quite big and heavy." Zoya said with enthusiasm.

"I should have asked them to bring it to me once found. I had told them to send for me if they did." Omeed grumbled as she dressed up quickly. "Zoya have them prepare a wagon and my horse!"

Zoya ran out of the room to get Omeed's order carried out. She returned shortly with Feriha hot on her trail. "Would you like for us to join you Omeed?"  Feriha asked.

"No, I want to do this alone. But, tomorrow you are both going on a trip with me." Omeed replied but once she saw the confused frown they both had on their faces, she continued. "Just a short trip."

"My lady, what about the king's birthday feast? It's only two days away." Asked a frantic Zoya.

"The trip is within Isfahan, so calm down." Omeed laughed as both ladies exhaled loudly. "But for now, I have things to do so please excuse me." With that she dashed outside leaving both ladies stunned.

Omeed rode hard and fast, when she got to the silk farm, she was amazed at how much her workers have achieved. The weavers have accumulated rolls of silk thread and now waited on Omeed to acquire a factory.

A sense of nostalgia washed over Omeed as she stared at the box. She was suddenly afraid of what she might see and this might confirm her worse fear. She now regretted not letting Feriha escort her for comfort. With shaky hands, Omeed opened the box.

In it were several scrolls but one stood out the most. It was addressed to Omeed, who smiled brightly recognising her Pedar's handwriting. She opened it and quickly read it's content. The late Nazir has explained the complexity surrounding the royal family.

He had also made mention that no matter what happens to them as her parents, she should fulfil her duty as their daughter and marry the young king and shouldn't dwell on seeking the truth. The royal family was not to be blamed no matter what happens to him.

The late Nazir discussed Omeed's birth at length. He told her she was a princess and also she could return to her kingdom if she wanted. As her father he wouldn't hold it against her. The other scrolls were to be passed down to the young king once he turns eighteen.

Omeed sobbed as she read through them. For the first time she pitied the royal family that although they were the supposed rulers of Persia, the prime minister ruled the nation. He had gradually reduced them to mere puppets.

Her father left behind a huge fortune, one Omeed didn't need as she was well off as a wealthy merchant. Omeed decided to leave the box behind as she returned home. So much depended on it. For now, this was the safest place she could think of.

With a heavy heart, Omeed returned home to Feriha and Zoya awaiting her return. "Where is the box?" Feriha asked. She had expected Omeed to come back with it.

"I left it behind." Omeed answered dejectedly. She was emotionally drained. All her struggles, the hatred, suddenly everything seemed to mean nothing. Why did she go through all that rigorous training? Her hatred had been pointing in the wrong direction for years.

"We will talk once in my room." Omeed sighed. "Some tea please." She said to Zoya who nodded her head then left them quickly.

"They are not my enemies, they are victims just like myself." She started.

"For years I have planned my revenge on them, I have worked so hard to achieve this and today I find out my dagger has been pointing to the wrong direction."

"All along it wasn't them Zoya." Omeed cried. "It was a selected few corrupt ministers."

"What do you mean my lady?" Zoya asked.

"Our enemies, they are not the royal family." Omeed replied shaking her head and sounding frustrated. Her hatred for the royal family consumed her for years. She needed to blame someone for her father's demise and they sounded like the perfect scapegoat.

"But my lady, they killed his lordship." Zoya screeched. "We watched them tear him apart limbs after limbs. We heard him scream in agony." Zoya shook in rage she had bottled up for years.

"Will you two calm down for a moment? You aren't making much sense right now." Feriha spoke for the first time since they gathered in Omeed's room. "One says they aren't to blame while the other thinks it's their fault. Think thoroughly before you pass judgement."

Zoya went on to explain to Feriha for the first time what had occurred. Omeed could only sit saddened and stare of into space as Zoya related the event to a stunned Feriha who listened to Zoya's recollection of what had happened the day the Nazir died.

"But now you have a scroll your father left behind saying they weren't to be held responsible if anything were to happen to him?" Feriha asked Omeed who nodded her head once. "There is a far bigger conspiracy and the only way you can find out is by hearing the royal family part in this."

"I will see what I can find out from the princess before I go into the palace. In the main time, Zoya go to the ex prime minister's estate and fetch me a reliable source. You know what to do." She ordered Zoya.

Omeed left in own company thought back to her father's words. "Now I know why I am being backed by the princess. She hates the ex prime minister." Omeed concluded as she finally solved the mystery surrounding princess Zubaida.

She now understood why Zubaida fought tooth and nail to make her the head merchant in all of Persia. "In the end I was just a chess piece in a power struggle between the royal family and ex prime minister." Omeed thought bitterly.

Omeed knowing the princess, knew she couldn't have conceived such careful orchestrated plan all on her own. "Who could it be? Where are conspirators?" Omeed muttered to herself. She hated knowing she had been used the entire time for political gains.

"Now it's my turn to use them!" She says spitefully before closing her eyes to a dreamless sleep.

"Your majesty, I heard the ministers during your birthday feast tomorrow would be petitioning you into appointing an empress." Amir said to Hafez. They were on their way to the late Nazir's home.

"I know Amir, I knew this would happen so I have a back up plan ready." He replied thoughtfully.

"Will you be appointing an empress? I thought you were going to wait on lady Omeed?" Asked a surprised Amir.

"I will have no empress but lady Omeed!" Hafez growled. "Your reaction towards my plan would help me succeed when tomorrow comes. So I cannot tell you what it is." Hafez finished with Amir grunting in understanding.

"I see people coming towards us up ahead." Amir said holding his sword firmly. "I can makeout three figures." He informed Hafez and the five guards with them.

"Relax they are females." Hafez responded nonchalantly. "I wonder what brought them here." He said offhandedly. Non on them were riding fast, both group were discussing quietly and didn't need to exhaust their horses.

Omeed had just been to her old home for the first time. She had gone with Zoya and Feriha. She wanted to see what became of it after she had set fire to it years ago. If someone lived in it, she was going to buy it off them.

She thought it would make a fine home and silk factory if acquired. And she was going to use princess Zubaida in achieving that. The gate leading to the entrance had been locked with no one in sight when they arrived.

Feriha gawked at the majestic building Omeed called her home. "You grew up like royalty Omeed." She gasped as they looked from behind the closed gates. "Now I understand why you have no need for wealth even though you keep accumulating more."

"I wonder who bought and refurbished it. I had it burnt before I left Isfahan." Omeed chuckled with her eyes teary.

"You are even crazier than I had thought. How could you do that?" Feriha asked with a frown. She has fallen in love with the home and was willing to help Omeed repossess it.

"I didn't want the government stealing my father's wealth. I didn't want anyone living in my home." Feriha nodded in understanding. "And now, I want my home returned to me. I will pay handsomely to have it." With that the ladies spun around heading home.

"This all belonged to my father." Omeed told Feriha pointing to the vast vacant land that surrounded them. "This is why I said it would make a perfect home and factory. With so much room should I want to expand."

"My lady, I see people approaching." Omeed looked ahead immediately.

"Relax, we are out numbered. The most we could do is flee." She said angrily. "For now act like you are interested in buying some land." They nodded with a smile as their horses galloped slowly down the long stretch of road.

Omeed spotted Hafez, she couldn't help but keep her eyes on his. Her heart hammered against her chest cavity. She was mesmerised by him and hadn't seen him in over a moon. Omeed has unknowingly been seeking him out as she wondered what became of him.

Hafez smirked holding Omeed's gaze, unlike Omeed he has effortlessly avoided her. He knew he had to prevent her from arousing suspicion. Amir kept his gaze on Zoya as Feriha chatted on about acquiring the land.

With a curt nod and a smile from Omeed towards Hafez, they rode passed each other. Even Hafez had smiled in acknowledgement before he could stop himself. With the ladies gone he spoke after a while. "I wonder why they are here. No one lives here."

"They were talking about buying a land your majesty. Looks likey the have this one in mind." Amir teased Hafez knowing this was a sour issue for him as he growled immediately.

"The maid looked at me strangely like she has seen me before." Amir suddenly added as he tries changing the topic of discussion.

"Maybe a long lost relative perhaps?" Amir scowled knowing Hafez was jesting since he knew Amir had no living relative.

"Your majesty, I think you should speak to the lady the next time you stumble across her. She looked at you longingly as though she was in pain." Amir said seriously. He had seen the conflicting glare Omeed shot them.

With a boisterous laugh Hafez replied,  "They all give me that look. They all want something they could never have." He replied arrogantly.  Hafez knew and understood the effect he had on the opposite sex. All his life he has watched women literally fall at his feet.

"Hurry along it should be dark soon." He ordered ending the conversation.

"My lady, I have a confession to make."  Zoya said once they got home that night after their trip to Omeed's old home. She has been withdrawn since Princess Zubaida's birthday feast. Even Feriha and Omeed had noticed.

"What bothers you Zoya?" Omeed asked worryingly. She still held Zoya close to her heart.

"Please forgive me my lady, for so long I hated you because Atash loved you." She cried as Omeed gaped at her. "Back in Hindustan, I was afraid you wouldn't want to return to Isfahan so I spoke ill of you to your customers." 

Omeed took a deep breath trying to control her emotions. "It was all my fault you stopped making profits there. I just wanted us to return to Isfahan." She sobbed as Omeed looked on.

"To protect Atash I withheld the death of her ladyship from you when I found out."  Zoya dropped to her knees clutching Omeed's legs as she apologised. "Please forgive me my lady, please forgive me. I swear to never betray your trust again."

After what felt like an hour Omeed spoke over Zoya's wailing. "It's alright, I knew."

"What do you mean? You knew what?" Zoya asked her as she dried her tear streaked face.

"I knew everything Zoya, from the time we arrived in Turkey. Also I knew you were ruining my business because of Atash that's why I sent you to him. I knew you were protecting him hence you kept my mother's death a secret."

Zoya was overwhelmed with guilt as Omeed recounted her crimes towards her. "I wont forgive you a second time Zoya, don't repeat your mistake especially not for a man like Atash. You can do better." Zoya nodded timidly agreeing with all Omeed had said.

"Go to bed I need to sleep we have a busy day tomorrow." Omeed ordered Zoya as she laid down on her pallet thinking of the young noble man that seem to have caught her heart. She fell into a dreamless sleep shortly afterwards.

"I wish my brother would take you as his concubine." Zubaida said as she took in Omeed's attire. Omeed was draped in layers of fabrics. Her hair was done stylishly in an up hairdo. Zubaida had never known a more beautiful lady.

With a chuckle Omeed replied, "I cannot be an imperial concubine. If I wanted that, I would have long married into the royal family back in Turkey when I was younger."

"But my brother has refused to appoint an empress." Zubaida grumbled. "He still awaits the lady who was meant to be his empress years earlier." Zubaida's words got Omeed's attention.

"How do you mean your highness? I thought he already had an empress." She was curious, she always wondered who took her place.

"Oh, a lady by the name Omeed was meant to be his empress when he was fourteen. Something happened and she disappeared. Since then he has refused to take another empress, he still awaits her return." Zubaida responded sadly.

"Why is he waiting after six long years? And what happened?" Omeed asked exasperatedly.

"Her father had been accused of killing my father the king. My brother, myself and the rest of the royal family knew that wasn't the case. And he was willing to marry her but she just disappeared since that awful day."

"I wish he would move on for the sake of the royal family. We need an heir." She giggled suddenly. "I cannot wait to hear what he makes of your performance." She rolled her eyes then said, "Even now he still secretly takes care of her estate."

Omeed fell silent as she took in all Zubaida had said. "Will you be veiled?" Zubaida asked her suddenly brining her out of her reverie.

"Yes, your highness. I will be veiled." Her answer made Zubaida pout. She wanted to see her little brother fall in love and Omeed seemed like the perfect person for that. "I am ready your highness when you are."

"Let's go, he isn't aware so this is a surprise for everyone there." Omeed only nodded as her mind drifted back to Zubaida's words.

Author's note: Omeed finally comes face to face with Hafez next chapter.....

They both discover their true identities....

Photo of Zoya on the side

Pardon my grammatical errors I know there are quite a few.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 25.8K 59
Highest Ranking #1 22.10.1 Jellal never knew things will turn out worse after his beloved's death. Even after eight years all he wanted to do was mo...
9.7M 736K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
Rajputana By Manika

Historical Fiction

197K 7.9K 28
"I am ready but there is only one problem that my month has come". She said while controlling her smile. Abhirath asked in confusion "what? month?? W...
43.5K 2.6K 28
There are endless examples of "girl hates boy, boy makes girl fall in love, boy and girl live happily ever after" stories. This is just another one...