Sacrifice [ BOOK TWO ]

By nectophiliac

Blair Gilbert spent five years in Chicago, then returned back to Mystic Falls. She had planned to finish her... More

0: Disclaimer
1: Three Weeks
2: Old Times
3: Justin Bieber
4: Proposition
5: April Twenty-Seventh
6: Werewolves
7: Leverage
8: Masquerade
9: Useless
10: Boxed
11: Rule One
12: Sun Burnt
13: Sister
14: Guilty
15: Thumper
16: Magnolia
17: Not-Boyfriend
18: The Death of Rose-Marie
19: Disposal
20: Chicago
21: Late Night Phone Calls
22: Date Night
23: Cabin
24: Party-Crasher
25: Fond
27: A Whole Lot Of Maybes
28: The Grill
29: Jenna Meets Isobel
30: The Fuzzy
31: Family Meeting
32: Confession And Compulsion
33: Vampires
34: Calls From The Past
35: Elijah
36: The Last Day
37: The Sacrifice 1
38: The Sacrifice 2
EXTRA
dlair edit.
jensen cassidy.
q+a answers.
q+a answers pt 2.
instagrams.
final q&a answers
small update, please read
tiktok
book 3

26: Trust

25.1K 854 514
By nectophiliac

   I walked straight home, beyond pissed at Damon and Alaric, as well as at myself for leaving my phone on the table at the boarding house.

   I was planning on going to bed immediately, but Jeremy was lounging on the couch watching a movie. "Hey, B." He muttered before shoving popcorn in his mouth, watching me drop onto the couch beside him. "Weren't you supposed to be at the Cabin with Elena and Stefan?"

"I was this morning," I grabbed a handful of popcorn and piled it into my mouth as well, waiting to speak until I finished chewing. "But I was to the dinner party at Damon's just now."

Jeremy nodded, keeping his eyes on the TV. "Oh, yeah, how did that go?"

"Ended with a dead vampire at the table, so as well as you could imagine." I sighed, wiping my eye with the back of my hand to get rid of the tear threatening to fall. "But it's whatever, that's what you get for trusting people."

"Oh," Jeremy continued to watch the movie, "so, this movie's pretty good."

I let out a small laugh, noticing his awkwardness, "yeah, I guess." We stayed quiet, the only noises in the house being the tv and our chewing mouths.

That was until the adults came through the door. A very giggly Jenna was held onto Ric's arm, stroking his bicep. It was obvious that John was the closest to sober; and the second he noticed I was home, I was ready to go to bed.

"Really good hanging with you, Jer, but I've gotta hit the hay." I patted Jeremy's shoulder before sliding past Ric and Jenna and trotted up the stairs.

"Blair, wait, John and I want to talk to you." Ric said, on the second step with Jenna still attached. I ignored him, continuing up the steps.

"Blair, come on, don't ignore Ric. Get back down here." John nearly yelled, standing behind Ric.

"Okay - one, John, you're not my guardian so I don't need to listen to you," I stopped in the middle of the stairs, "and two, Ric, you've got your hands full so I don't think your available to talk. Goodnight."

I went back to walking up the stairs, and locked myself in my room. Or should I say, attempted to. Elena took the lock off my door the last time I locked myself in my room, so I just have a chair in front of the door.

But of course a chair wouldn't keep out John. He broke my door off the hinges, "seriously?" I groaned as he stood still in front of the now broken door.

"We need to talk." John spoke, "Ric would be in here, too, but he appears to have passed out when he took Jenna to bed."

   "Well one is better than two." I glared. "I know what you're going to say. It's what had to be done, right? I don't want to hear it, alright? So just get out."

   "I wouldn't have brought up the idea of killing him if I knew you liked Elijah that much."

   "Don't lie to yourself, John. You wanted him dead and you couldn't give two shits about how I felt about him. Get the hell out." I stood up, and pointed at the door as if I were a mother grounding her child.

   "Fine, I tried. I'm sorry." John sighed as he left my room. I stood the door back where it should be and went to sleep. Not wanting to deal with anyone else tonight.

   After waking up and getting ready for the day, I decided I needed my cell phone. Meaning I had to go back to the boarding house and potentially see Damon.

   It was around noon, so I was hoping Damon would be out at lunch or something - which was unlikely. I drove over to their house, and sat in the driveway for a minute before working up the courage to go in.

   My plan was to open the door, grab my phone, and leave. I was able to do the first two things on the list but the last item wasn't an option. Damon, Elena and Stefan were all in the living room, sitting until I walked in.

   "I told you she would come for her phone eventually." Damon probably mentally stuck his tongue out at the others for being right.

   I let out a laugh-like-huff, "no. I'm not doing this."

   I tried turning to leave, but both Salvatore's flashed over and blocked the door. "Just let us explain why we did this." Stefan reasoned.

   "I don't care why. Let me leave."

   "Blair, please." Elena begged from behind me.

   "It'll be quick." Damon smiled small.

   I shook my head before sitting on the single chair in the living room. "So," I crossed my leg over the other, and folded my hands over my knee. I tried to block out the tears trying to escape just at the thought of Elijah. "What is the reason you decided to kill the one person who helped me most with my vampirism?"

   "B, honestly, I was against the idea as well at first. Elijah and I had a deal, and I was well set on obeying it. So, I know where your anger is coming from." Elena sighed, attempting to reason.

   "We didn't think about how you liked him. We didn't kill him just to hurt you. We were just thinking of the best thing for Elena. And Eljiah being dead, is the best thing." Stefan said.

   "Right, the best thing." I rolled my eyes as I leaned back into the chair. "Damon, I'm sure you have something to say as well."

   "I'm sorry that you got so close to him. But I'm not sorry for killing him. I believe that him being dead will keep Elena alive, so that's all I'm saying." Damon shrugged.

   "He isn't really dead." Elena said, and I sat back up, more interested. "Originals can't die, but if the dagger stays in his heart, he will be immobilized. We learned that when he showed up at the Cabin trying to take me. I daggered him again and he was put back into the basement."

   Tears ran down my cheeks, and I didn't even care. I wasn't sure if they were happy tears or not, but I was definitely happy that he wasn't truly dead.

   "But he will stay daggered." Damon said, and the smile I didn't know I had faded.

   "I'm sorry, Blair. But we don't trust him." Stefan added.

   "But you trust John. The guy who has actually tried to kill you?" I smirked, though I wasn't happy anyone. "You guys are being dumb. When Elena ends up dead, and Klaus is a big fancy hybrid that can't be killed, you'll realize that you were dumb and you should have listened to me." I stood and started walking towards the door again.

   "We know that John wants Elena alive, so we can trust him, yeah. Elijah isn't trustworthy, he could be fooling us all!" Damon stood as well, though he stood still.

   "I trusted him!" I screamed. My face was red with anger, as the tears flowed. "I don't trust people, you all know that. And I trusted Elijah, so that means something. He is loyal, and he is trustworthy. You guys don't know him like I do. You only see the deal-making, sacrifice-talking side of him. I know the side that helps me dispose of bodies, that informs me of dinner parties, and that has offered to help me with all things vampire."

   "Trust him all you want, but he's not being undaggered." Damon looked hurt, but he still played it off as emotionless as he shrugged.

   "Fine." I shrugged as well as I crossed my arms. "If you don't mind, I'm going to go make a sign for Klaus. 'Welcome to the wonderful life of hybridism, hope my sisters blood tastes well,' how's that sound? Probably too long."

   "Blair.." Elena sighed. I only shook my head, walking back towards the door, but seeing a curly haired Elena standing at the end of the hall stopped me.

   "Looks like you've got some feelings for a certain Original." Her eyebrows wiggled and it signified that it was Katherine. "You're probably wondering how I got out of the tomb. I tricked your little boyfriend into killing Elijah so the compulsion would ware off."

   I glanced back at Damon then back at Katherine, "he's not my boyfriend anymore." I muttered before leaving the boarding house.

——

[ so here's another chapter. I hope it's
decent enough for yalls liking. the next
chapter will be a continuation of this one,
and our big mysterious Nick may be in it
if I can fit him in how I'd like to. idk about
you but I'm vvvvvv much shipping belijah
right now. also, woo hoo for a lil bleremy
time bc we haven't seen that in for(ever)
please vote and comment your opinions! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 6.9K 29
Beth Kane, a girl from the sky. Lincoln never thought he would betray his clan for a girl he hardly knew but there was something about her he couldn'...
389K 8.2K 23
When Gideon resigned from the BAU, he left the Doctor Spencer Reid a letter, explaining himself and why he left. But he also left a picture of a gir...
13.3K 1K 179
α€”α€α€Ία€”α€‚α€«α€Έα€…α€…α€Ία€žα€Šα€Ί (Chapter - 1274 ( completed ) α€˜α€¬α€žα€¬α€•α€Όα€”α€Ία€…α€¬α€›α€±α€Έα€†α€›α€¬ - တင်ထောင်ခိုင် ဗြိတိန်တွင် SIS ၊ US တွင် CIA α€›α€Ύα€­α€žα€œα€­α€― α€Ÿα€½α€¬α€›α€Ύα€α€½α€„α€Ί α€†α€”α€Ία€Έα€€α€Όα€šα€Ία€žα€Šα€Ία€Ÿα€― α€œα€°α€žα€­α€™α€»α€¬α€Έα€ž...
42.6K 703 32
Call Of The Wild tells a story about a female warrior Who never belived in love, until she meet Bellamy Blake. Based on: β€’ The 100 [seasons 1-3 + AU]...