The Soccer Player's Goal

By evelyn_zavalat

Jonathan Guerrero is Mr. Popular thanks to his soccer skills that take his High Schools team to win playoffs... More

The Girl That Smiles
Don't Care
Your Good
Monday
First Game, First Party
Adventure
What Are We
Happy Birthday To Me
His Present to Me
Rain
Halloween
End It?
Not Him
Colombia
I Will Always Love you
Colombia Vs. México
Cartagena
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Let's Meet Up
Not Good Enough
Remember. Friends.
February
Stay
A Month and Half
Dance
4 Yrs High School, 4 Yrs College
Paddle Boarding
My Career
Unbelievable
Christmas and Birthday
Portugal + Surprise
9 Months
What Should've Happened Before

Fall Ball

397 8 1
By evelyn_zavalat

"Melanie, I'm dying. Are you almost done cause I'm done with all this." I whine.
"Almost." Something cold touches my face. "There." I open my eyes and don't bother looking at how I look. I'm going to trust her that she didn't so my makeup like some circus clown.

Camila

Melanie's

I walk around her room to get my shoes and get a glance at my reflection in a mirror. I stop and look at myself. I don't wear dresses or skirts often so sewing me like this is a change and I'm not bad looking.

Every thing is perfect about how I look and how Melanie looks.
"Let's go and have some fun." Melanie says. I snap out of my daze and slip my heels on. Melanie pulls me downstairs where Francisco and Marco are waiting for us.

I look up when I'm done decending the stairs. Someone whistles. Both Francisco and Marco are stareing at us. So we are that good looking. Shit. Now I'm curious to know what Nalie is wearing.

Marco takes my hand.
  "You look beautiful." He compliments me.
"Thank you." I reply. "You as well look breath taking." Acknowledging his atire. A suit, and his tie matches my dress color. Melanie probably told him.

We walk out side and take two different cars. I don't think Melanie and Francisco plan to stay for a long time. The gym is unnoticeable with the decorations, the lights and the booming music. Marco and I walk in. The song is a soft slow one.

"You want to dance?" He asks.
  "Isn't that what we are here for." I answer taking his hand. I wrap my arms around his neck dn he rest his hands on my waist as we sway in place.

"Camila, I've wanted to ask you something for a while." Marco tells me.
"Yes?" I reply my head resting on his shoulder.
"Camila, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks.

On the opposite side of the room Jonathan and Nalie are kissing harshly. I guess they are back together after 3 or 4 years. I see how he wants to play.

"Yes, Marco. I would like to be your girlfriend." I answer. I lift my head off of his shoulder and look at him. He smiles, he slowly leans in and I lean in as well and kiss his lips.

After this song we go have a drink and after that song no song was slow and taunting me to sleep as I danced with Marco. After its part two of the little show I gave him when we went on a picnic. 

"Your a good dancer." He tells me.
  "Only for you." I reply.
"Marco. Camila." I unwrap my arms around him and we turn holding eachother hand.
"Jonathan. Nalie." We both say as they stand infront of us.

"Where is Francisco and Melanie?" Jonathan asks looking at me and then at Marco and never back at me.
"They probably left already. They made plans." Marco tells him.

"Oh, well the coach called and told me to let the team know that we are going to have practice tomorrow before the game the day after, Friday." Jonathan says. I'm not sure he was supposed to tell us or he decided to tell us so he had and excuse to come over.

"Okay then, we will go to practice tomorrow." I reply. I pull Marco away and dance.
"Where do you want to go?" Marco asks me.
"I don't know. If you have anything in mine I'm fine with it." I answer.

"In that case let's go." Marco says and we leave. He drives for a little and pulls over on the side of the road. We get out and walk in the woods to a clearing. It's dark out and the stars are illuminating our way as well as our cell phone lights.

He plus me down when we get to the clearing. We lay down side by side and watch the twinkling stars. I role into Marco's side and lay my head on his chest.
"I had a great time Marco." I say with all honesty.
"I did too, Camila." He replies covering us with his blazer.

I close my eyes and fall sleep in his arms unexpectedly. This wasn't planned.

Next Morning

My eyes open to daylight and chirping of birds. That was all I needed to know where I was and how I got here. I'm laying in Marco's arms, he holds me tight around my waist not letting me go.

I am able to grab my phone and check the time. 10. Well we are late to school. I twist around in his arms and I'm laying directly on top of him. He is sound asleep. I smile, and I kiss his face to wake him up.

He kisses me and flips us over.
  "Good morning." He says.
  "Good morning." I reply. We get up and head to the car a little moment after.

He drops me off at my place and will swing by in a little after he had changed so we can go to school when it's lunch.

A car honks and I look out my window and Marco is waiting outside. I get my backpack and get in the car. We walk into the cafeteria holding hands and go straight to the table we sit at.

Francisco and Melanie are there. So is Jonathan and Nalie. We sit in the space that is left. Not so much thanks to the whole side Nalie takes up. Sarcasm. If only she did Marco and I could go somewhere else where I wouldn't be hurting seeing them together.

I had packed, grabbed some snacks from the cabinets to eat right now. I share with Marco as we all talk with in ourselves. Well except Nalie. I guess no body really likes her except for Jonathan. She never speaks until she asks me and Marco a question that everyone in or table wants to hear an answer too.

"So, are you guys dating?" She asks.
  "Yes, we are." I answer.
"How cute. We have the cheerleading captain dating the soccer teams goalie. The te captain of the soccer team, who is popular and we'll known dating me who is popular too. And now we have you two love bugs. The goalie and the left winger of the soccer team." Nalie says clapping her hands together in aw.

  She is partially right about what she said. Melanie is the cheer captain, and Francisco is the team goalie. Not so much now that his arm is injured. Marco is the left winger, I'm the new goalie, temporary goalie too. He is where she is wrong.

Jonathan is popular, he is the soccer team captain. Sure, she might be popular. I mean if I hadn't met Johnathan or any of these guys I hangout with now  I would have never noticed her. So sure, I guess she is popular. Johnathan gives her that popularity.

All she classified her self was popular. Jonathan she said was popular and the soccer team captain. All of us are athletes. We come from a family that takes sports seriously, loves sports and are good at them. Nalie is not an athlete in any form. She is no compitition against me and Melanie.

"Yeah." I force myself to smile at her. I am so happy when the bell rings. Marco and I go to our next class. The only class we will have together today then we got practice. Instead of sitting beside Jonathan, Francisco and I switch seats and I sit beside Marco.

The bell rings to go to our last class.
"I'll see you at practice." I tell him pulling him to the side once we step outside.
  "I can't wait." He kisses me. We have about three minutes now to get going. I begin to go and the Jonathan cones out of a hallway which makes no sense to me cause we were in the same class.

"Your going out with my best friend. What about the kisses we share that night in the park, in the locker room, at the picnic?" Jonathan ask me.
  "What would I know. Your the one that stared that all. You made the first move then said you didn't know what you were doing and took Nalie to the dance." I snap at him.

He grabs my arm and pulls me out of the school. I fight his grip to go to class.
"Let me go Jonathan!" I yell at him.
  "Why the hell are you yelling at me?! I'm not death I can here you fine!" He shouts at me.

"Why am I yelling? Probably cause your yelling at me!" I answer. He let's go of my arm.
"At least I wasn't the one trying get your best friend to screw." He snarls. All he has done is hurt me, over and over again.

"That's how you saw it? We were just dancing, before you called me, we where dancing as friends. After we talked you made me mad, he asked me to the dance I said yes. It is also your fault you only had taken beer." I snap back.

"Remember my first day at school when you asked me to wear your jersey?" I ask alot calmer now.
"Yes." He replies just as calm and confused about where in going with this.

"Well I said yes I would wear your jersey, only if you became my friend. You said" I get interupted.
"Yes I would be your friend." Jonathan says remembering that day and moment.

"Yup." I reply.
"I'm so sorry about that. Look, I'll make it up too you and we will be friends again. Go back to how we used to be before I screwed it all up." Jonathan pleads.
"Yes, fine. Your forgiven and we are friends again." I reply.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea how much your forgiveness means to me." He says hugging me.
"Okay, I'm going to leave seeing g how I'm already late to class. I'll come back to practice though" I tell him patting his back.

"Shit, your right." He says.
  "Yeah." I turn and walk to the closest store to hang out for a while. I buy a drink and leave back to be in time for practice. I throw the container away entering the locker room. I change and Marco, Francisco and Jonathan's walk in together. I pull my shirt over and greet Marco with a quick kiss.

I sit on the bench inside and wait for him. Marco, Jonathan and I walk out side and begin to warm up ike the couch tells us. On the bleachers I spot Nalie watching us, well mostly on her phone and pretending to look at us.

We do some penalty shots. Jonathan and he couch speak about how he won't be able to play tomorrow because he got red carded last time we played. Marco was telling me that Francisco would be wearing the captain band around his are but they are figuring that out.

We finish and go change. I change back into my jeans, shirt, ankle boots and what I was wearing before. We go outside and Nalie tackles Johnathan once Marco get out and Jonathan follows behind us. Marco and I both share a glance as we watch them exchange saliva/making out in public.

We just loo at eachother telling eachother that we on do something like that in public, that we will keep it private and within us. We leave those two and go to Marco's house to do some homework we got from the classes we went to.

  "Your birthday is next week right." Marco asks as we lay down resting.
  "Yeah. When is yours?" I ask him.
"It already passed. Got to wait until next year." He says.
"So your 17 or 18?" I ask.

"17." He answers. "You?"
  "I'm going to be 18." I answer.
"Your older then me." Marco says.
  "Apparently." I reply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 110 27
You have always had a crush on your best friend, Ever since you were young, but you always tried to hide it because you knew he would never feel the...
17.6K 993 9
Camila is a famous pop star returning to her hometown. Shawn is the love of her life she left behind. They agree that no-strings makes it easier. Aft...
25K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...
18.9K 1.2K 62
The boxing trainer by a profession for everyone but his real profession wasn't known to anyone, even his close friends. His harsh childhood and early...