New Life

Oleh Keisha_knell

BOOK 1* While life for Elizabeth hasn't been easy and having issues at school doesn't make it any better, Eli... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 1

101 4 0
Oleh Keisha_knell

I always hate the feeling of waking up to what everyone always looks forward to 'school' and to be more specific it's the first day of term 3. I dragged myself out of bed and walked into the bathroom so I could use it before my older sister Melody. I entered the bathroom closing the door behind me, as I looked at myself in the mirror I saw nothing but my miserable self-reflected in the mirror.

There was soon a knock at the door that startled me "Elizabeth?", I recognised the voice to be Melody's. "Come in" I called out before peeking through the door, "hey, you ready for school?" she asked smiling brightly at me. To be honest I was terrified especially after what happened last term with the bullying I suffered, I shook my head slightly and Melody placed her hand on my shoulder. "Come on let me get you ready, for a change" she said with a smile grabbing hold of my hand and I didn't refuse.

Melody dragged me into her room and sat me down in front of her vanity that was filled with pictures and shelves of make-up and hair accessories that weren't too fancy. "First I'll do your hair so how does a messy bun sound" she said with a little squeal at the end. The idea didn't sound to fancy which I liked because I was never the person to put too much effort in the way I dressed. Melody soon finished my hair and applied a tiny bit of lip balm and gloss to me before I was all set. "Done" she said before dragging me off to my room to pick my outfit.

I walked into my room following behind Melody who raced into my closet and started pulling out potential outfits. I waited 3 minutes until she came to her final choice, "let's go with your skinny jeans and loose long sleeve shirt with Bambi and thumper printed on the front and over the top wear your checked blue and white jacket with your blue sneakers" she said handing them to me. Melody soon left the room just so I could get changed and in the distance I could hear her singing 'Faded, by Alan Walker'. Melody had a beautiful voice and it suited her because she was beautiful as well. In a few minutes I was dressed and ready to go so I grabbed my bag from my bed and swung it over my shoulder and made my way downstairs to the front door where I saw Melody already dressed wearing skinny, a one strap top with the words 'Not all is perfect' printed on the front, she had her perfectly brown russet hair curled and casted down over her left shoulder. Along with her bag slumped over her shoulders hanging down loosely.

"ready?" she asked opening the front door, I looked behind me and sighed before looking back at Melody. "okay, I'm ready" I said walking out the door and closing it behind me, "don't worry, it's a new term means things could change" said Melody squeezing my hand gently as we walked down the footpath of our dirt dusted driveway. We lived on a farm property meaning that yes we did own a few animals and it was Melody's and my responsibility to look after the two horses we owned, the black one was mine and the white one was Melody's. We also owned some chicken that was 10 to be exact, we had our dog and she was a German Shepard along with our cat Lacy which was a Russian Blue.

As I walked off the drive way I saw the bus pulled up in front of our driveway, first Melody stepped on the bus and I walked in to take a seat. I sat on my own while my sister sat towards the back of the bus with a few other kids that she had made friends with, I sat in my seat with my earphones in my ears and my music playing from my iPod. I was listening to a few songs from Metro Station because they were one of my favourite bands, we made 5 other stops along the way before we reached school. Most of the kids that hopped on were in younger grades so it didn't interest me too much.

We soon arrived at school and I packed away my music before slipping it in my bag and exiting the bus, of course I was the last person off but I honestly didn't care if I was or not. I walked through the pathway behind the dance studio and made my way over to the bag racks, where I met up with my friends Brooklyn, Penelope, Vanessa, Joyce and Taylor who were also hanging out with Toney, Joel, Kody, Matt, Newt, Greg, Owen and Blake.

I smiled at the site of seeing them all hanging out together, I walked over and stood next to Newt. "Hey guys" I said smiling, "hey Elizabeth, you're just in time" said Joel winking over at Joyce. "Hey you dirty minded freak don't give her that idea!" exclaimed Joyce hitting Joel's shoulder playfully.

"What did I miss?" I asked now just curious as to what they were talking about before. "Newt here said he just wanted to take a girl to a dance, but we think he has other plans" said Toney with a laugh. "Yea right, what is this dance?" I asked nudging his shoulder, "its community fair and I just didn't want to go alone" he said looking down reflecting that he was embarrassed.

"Aww that's sweet" said Taylor in a sarcastic tone, "excuse me" said Newt as he wondered somewhere else. "Where are you off to?" asked Kody wrapping his arm around Taylor's waist. Newt stopped for a second and turned around "just to Ms. Cory's office, I'll meet you guys in class" he said before rushing off quickly.

We were all kind of in separate classes, at least I had Blake, Matt, Joyce and Taylor in my class with Ms. Corn while Toney, Penelope, Kody, Greg, Taylor and Vanessa were in Mr. Samuels's class. And Joel, Greg, Brooklyn and Newt were in Mrs. Roberts's class. The bell rang and it turned from peace and quiet to chaos in the hallways near the class rooms, we all walked over to our classrooms and it just so happened that my class was in the media room while Kody's and the others were in the drama room and Greg and the others were in the art room.

A few minutes later we were all inside our classrooms and getting the morning notices and because my class was the quietest we never did anything unexpected. But of course because the teachers never paid too much attention I was in a skype group chat with all my friends and we were all in a group called 'the creative unicorns', Newt made up the name and we all agreed that it summed us up nicely.

It wasn't long before my laughter and smiles were tossed out the window and blown away with the wind. I looked up and there they were, it was the band of people that loved giving me a hard time. In came Chloe, Quinn, Carey and Hannah along with the group of guys that I didn't like one bit and it was Ben and his crew that was made up of Robert, Cyrus, Jack and Layton.

I watched as they entered the classroom and all sat together in the corner of the room, I kept looking so much that I didn't hear Taylor calling my name and Matt nudging my shoulder. I turned around quickly and shook my head "yes" I answered quickly, "are you okay?" asked Joyce looking at me with concern. "Yes of course" I answered sounding sure of myself.

I watched as Chloe and Hannah were staring and laughing at us, "don't worry about them, seriously there a waste of space and time" stated Taylor rolling her eyes. I looked back over at them and thought to myself 'yea I guess they were they'd probably intoxicate the classroom just by the presences'. I nodded back at Taylor and turned my attention to Ms. Corn who was talking to the rest of the class about what was to happen this term.

Everyone had been talking about a new student that was going to be in our class, and normally we would be expecting Mrs. Willows to come in for a visit. "Hey what do you think this new kid could be like?" asked Matt curiously. I wondered the same thing because every new kid I had seen always end up to be stuck ups and so full of themselves. "I don't know, I just hope he isn't so full of himself" said Joyce rolling her eyes.

Mrs. Willows soon walked into the room and went to speak to Mrs. Corn to discuss something, I turned to look over at Ben and his gang and he returned a sly smirk before rolling his eyes. A boy soon walked into the room he had Ash dirty-blond messy slicked hair that went midway down his neck and his bangs swept over his forehead. He was wearing a souvenir shirt of Metro Station with blue jeans with White converse sneakers. "Hello nice to meet you, you must be James" I heard Mrs. Corn say with a handshake. He didn't seem too bad or so I could've thought with my first impressions and thoughts.

The bell soon rang for our first class which was English and we were all split up again. I was in General English with Matt, Penelope, Owen and Vanessa so I at least had company to keep me from making a fool out of myself.

Our teacher was Mr.Jetson and I had heard from my sister Melody that he was very nice because he was her History teacher. I lined up in front of my class with my books and Penelope was standing behind me, I looked straight ahead and leaned up against the wall. I soon felt someone tap my shoulder, I turned around and I was surprised to see who was standing in front of me.

I felt my eyes widen when I realised that James was standing right in front of me "uh hi, are you in General English?" he asked sounding shy. I didn't want to make a bad impression so I pushed through my nervousness and spoke, "yes I am, you're James right?" I said sounding cheery. He nodded "sorry I don't think I know you're name?" he chattered, "I'm Elizabeth" I addressed. "Nice to meet you" he said smiling happily, we walked over to meet up with the others. "So um I know this might sound wired but want to hang out with me and my group at morning tea?" I asked mentally slapping myself.

"That doesn't sound wired at all, I'd be happy to" he replied, I smiled at his reaction because most people think I'm wired when I invite people over. Mr.Jetson soon arrived at our classroom and he seemed alright. Considering he came into replace Ms. Relish this term because she left for personal reasons. He stood at the door waiting for the rest of the class to show up.

A small time later I walked into the classroom and took my seat in the seat in the second row, I was sitting next to Penelope and Vanessa and in front of us was Matt and Owen. I was sitting against the window and staring into space, "Elizabeth?" I didn't notice that Vanessa was tapping my shoulder. I turned around and answered her "yea?" I said with a sigh, "who's the guys sitting next to Matt?" she asked with a cheeky smile. I looked over and noticed that James was sitting next to Matt, "that's James he's new" I said sounding lazy. The three of us looked over until they both turned around, "What are you three up to?" asked Owen rolling his eyes.

"Nothing" said Penelope burying her head in her books, the guys laughed and at most I was speechless too. Mr. Jetson began the lesson and he explained what we were doing for the term and I hated it, I hated public speaking with a passion and like when I speak in front of my classes I shake like a leaf.

"You will need to pick a topic and try and write a persuasive speech, we will work on this in class but you need to use your own time too" explained Mr.Jetson. I bit my lip and gripped my blue pen in my hand, I was waiting for his next words because I was terrified of speaking in front of others. Sir handed out the task sheets and I looked through mine with my hands shaking the whole time, it was so annoying.

The lesson soon ended and it was morning tea my favourite lesson or time period of the day, I grabbed our normal spot near the tree and sat down with Penelope and Vanessa. The guys said they went to buy lunch from the tuckshop, Joel, Kody and Blake came over and made themselves comfortable sitting on the ground.

"Where are the other wiredos?" asked Kody taking a bit from his Devon and cheese sandwich. I shrugged "Owen and Matt are at the tuckshop but I don't know about the others" I said getting out my banana.

Matt and the others soon came back and a few things got out of hand, "oh come on Mrs. Pickle is not that bad" argued Newt. "Oh come on she's so wired" scoffed Brooklynn, "Yea but she's a great history teacher just a stupid physic's teacher, I swear half the time I don't understand" said Blake. "Haha yea right you're kidding" said James shrugging his shoulders. "Mate you just wait" said Kody sarcastically.

Morning tea soon finished and next up we had Math oh dear help me, I was in pre Voc math the lowest all alone so I thought until I found out James was in the same class as me. I felt someone nudge my shoulder, I looked over and saw Joyce giving me a devilish grin. "What?" I said feeling uneasy. "You like James don't you" she said sounding cheeky. I was caught by surprise "don't be silly" I said waving off her question. I hated the fact that I always smiled around her even when I was being serious so she wouldn't believe me.

"Come on tell me" she begged but I refused, "I have to go" I said trying to escape Joyce's questions about boys. I made my way over to Maths class and lined up outside and waited for the others to come and Mr. Richardson. After a few minutes everyone else arrived and I immediately hated my class when I saw Ben, Quinn, Rosita, Maggie and Lenny.

I knew by the end of the class I'd get a killing headache most likely and like not understand what we were learning either. I sat at the front of the classroom in the corner of the room and sorted my books. "Ahh you're James right" I heard Mr. Richardson say in a friendly tone, I peeked over my shoulder and saw James standing in front of the teacher.

I listened to the sound of footsteps and when I looked up I saw James sitting right next to me, "hey" he said giving me a small smile. "Hey umm" I said slightly not knowing what to do, "Is it okay if I sit here?" he asked sound sincere. I just nodded and he organised his books, the lesson was soon in progress and sir explained that we had an exam and that this term we were looking at Cartesian planes, algebra and expressions.

1 hour later the lesson was over and I had a spare lesson on me so I decided to just wonder around, the teachers didn't care too much so it was completely normal. I put my earphones in and started listening to 'Now that we're done' by Metro Station and just walked around the school. Later that afternoon it was finally time to go and I was relieved, I grabbed my bag and walked down the hall until I got to the school's front gate. I met up with Matt, Penelope and Joyce before heading home.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

317K 11.8K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...
2.4K 56 33
Beth's life was simple: go through school to get out, meaning she does have to be a bit of a good-girl. Once she finds out that the high school crush...
9.8K 338 14
This is book 2 of this series! Please read Book 1: Just A Summer Crush. Things were not weird between the two. Infact, not at All. Ranboo and Y/N had...
3.7K 1K 49
She is the newbie, most people hate her but some people love her. She is complicated and very hard to understand but when you get to know her you fin...