BOUND (book 2) ✔

By SodaMahone

Time has the power to change people. He was no longer the man he once was. And she was no longer the naive gi... More

NOTE
PROLOGUE.
CHAPTER ONE.
CHAPTER TWO.
CHAPTER THREE.
NOTE.
CHAPTER FOUR.
CHAPTER FIVE.
CHAPTER SIX.
CHAPTER SEVEN.
CHAPTER EIGHT.
CHAPTER NINE.
CHAPTER ELEVEN.
CHAPTER TWELVE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
CHAPTER NINETEEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY.
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.
CHAPTER THIRTY.
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE.
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO.
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE.
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR.
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE.
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX.
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN.
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT.
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY.
EPILOGUE PART ONE:
EPILOGUE PART TWO:
NOTE

CHAPTER TEN.

57.5K 1.9K 749
By SodaMahone

Lea's Pov)

The next morning arrived sooner than I had expected. When I lay in my old bedroom, both Drew and Sophia tucked up near me, my mind wouldn't turn off. I lay in bed, thinking about everything and if I was making the right decision.

I still couldn't believe it was all real. And not a dream.

I didn't know how to feel about it all. After what Eric had said to me, it made me feel guilty and selfish. He was right. But he was also wrong. What he was trying to say was - I shouldn't have left. But I needed to. In order to start off fresh.

I even contemplated on whether to pack up my things and leave, silently.

It was only when I saw the bright smiles playing on my children's face, I came to a conclusion. Returning was the right thing to do. Besides, it was only for a month. After that, Eric could stay in contact with Drew and Sophia. No matter how hard it'd be for me.

When I awoke in the morning, I was met with a surprise. My bed was empty, with only me in it. I guess Drew and Sophia were really excited to get to know their dad. I sighed, pushing off the comforter and fixing up the bed. Then suddenly, a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in." I cleared my throat, dry from just waking up. The door slowly turned open and in stepped an unfamiliar face. An elderly woman around the age of fifty, stepped inside. Her dark, jet black hair in a neat bun and dressed in a maid outfit. I noticed the nervous expression on her face.

"Can I help you?" I questioned with a small smile. She pointed to the bed, swallowing.

"I'm here to tidy bed." She told me, stepping further inside the room and dropping her box of supplies I noticed.

"Oh, it's fine. I've done it." I smiled reassuringly. Her eyes widened in what seemed like surprise and she nodded.

"Oh, okay, Miss. Can I do anything for you? Any cleaning? Clothes?" She asked, her thick Spanish accent sinking through. I shook my head, smiling lightly.

"No, but thank you for asking." I politely declined. She nodded, picking up box of cleaning supplies and exited the room. I let out a huff of air.

I never knew they had a maid.

I guess a lot of things have changed...

After that, I showered and dressed into a new set of clothes. I buttoned the last of my checkered shirt and fixed up my hair, leaving it out. I inwardly reminded myself that I needed a trim or a cut. I was thinking of leaving it up to my shoulders, but didn't decide officially on it yet.

It was when I was walking down the stairs, I felt a bubble of nerves grow in the pit of my stomach. Today, I would face Eric once again. But with new found information. He hated me. It was all clear on his face. And in his eyes.

I swallowed, inhaling a deep breath before entering the kitchen. My eyes were met with the sight of Drew, Sophia, Janice and Eric, all settled down on the dining table.

Looking like a family...

I shook off my thoughts and mustered up a small smile.

"Good morning." I quietly said, looking at my children. Both their heads snapped in my direction and a grin grew on their lips. They both jumped up out of their seats and embraced me into a hug. I chuckled, hugging them back.

"Morning, mommy!"

"Morning, Ma."

They both said in sync.

"You two are up early." I arched a surprised brow. They grinned whilst nodding. I smiled back at them.

"Have you finished your breakfast?" I asked, caressing the top of their heads.

They shook their heads. I smiled, motioning them over to the dining table.

"Alright, go finish." I told them. They both jumped back onto their chairs. I awkwardly stood, playing with my hands. I pursed my lips and I looked at the seating layout for the table.

"M-Morning." I mumbled. I looked between the two, Janice falsely smiling at me and Eric not even giving a single glance my way.

"Good morning, Lea. Have a good sleep, did you?" She questioned, sounding too sweet.

"Uh, yes. Thanks for asking." I arched at brow. She smiled, motioning to the seat next to Drew.

"Take a seat."

I returned the smile, only half heartedly, only because I knew she was putting up an act. I pulled out the seat and sat down beside Drew, smiling when I saw him grin at me. I looked at what was on the table, seeing a plate of french toast, stacked up.

I took one in my plate, and poured some fresh water into a glass. As I was about to eat my first bite, I felt eyes on me. I daringly looked up to see Eric's darkened eyes watching me. He quickly looked away, making my stomach churn in an unwelcoming feeling.

I quickly stuffed the fork into my mouth and chewed on the toast, raising a brow at the taste. It was extremely delicious.

"Mommy, can you do my hair later?" I heard Sophia ask. I nodded, shooting her a small smile.

"Of course, how do you want it?" I questioned, before taking another bite. She put on a thoughtful look, before beaming at me.

"Could you braid it? I haven't done that for time." She smiled. I opened my mouth to reply, but heard Drew snicker. I furrowed my brows.

"What's funny?" I asked with a smile. He looked at me, smirking.

"When she braids it, it looks like poo." He commented. My eyes widened and I watched in amusement as Sophia gasped.

"It does not!" She defended, pursing her lips into a straight line.

"Does too!" Drew argued back. I sighed, shaking my head at them.

"Are they always like this?" I heard a raspy voice question. My heart jumped and I looked up, meeting eyes with Eric. I half-smiled, sheepishly looking down at my plate.

"Yeah," I chuckled. I glanced back at him, finding the corner of his lips curled into a smile as he looked at our children. I sighed, deciding it was time for me to stop it.

"Kids!" I called, making them both go silence.

"That's more like it." I breathed, smiling when I saw them pout at me.

"Mommy! Tell Drew to say sorry to me." Sophia muttered. I looked back at him, who was smirking at her.

"Now, why would I do that?" He sarcastically asked.

"Here we go." I mumbled to myself.

"Because you said my hair looks like poo!"

"SO?"

"SO! Say sorry!"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Because I'm speaking the truth."

"You're so annoying!"

"You're one to talk!"

"I am!"

I sunk back into my chair, looking up at the ceiling in defeat.

"Sophia! Drew!" I heard the familiar voice shout. My eyes shot in his direction.

"Yes, daddy?" Sophia innocently asked. The air grew heavy with silence and suddenly, I couldn't help but find the whole situation amusing. A giggle left my lips, which soon turned into a laugh. I looked between them all, and they were all smiling. Even Eric.

They soon joined in, laughing with grins. It eventually quietened down and I looked at Eric, smiling small. From the corner of my eye, I noticed one person who remained silent, not once smiling.

Janice.

Instead, she was watching with a deadly emotion playing in her eyes. A displeased look on her face.

I nearly forgot she was even present here.

I cleared my throat, looking back at my children.

"Drew, say sorry to Sophia for saying that her hair looks like poo." I said, trying to keep a stern look on my face whilst saying it. I heard a snicker from Eric.

"Fine. Sorry that your hair looks like poo." He mumbled, smirking. I shook my head, opening my mouth to correct him.

"Drew," Eric called in a warning tone, yet it wasn't rough, more soft. Drew sighed, huffing out a breath.

"Fine, I'm sorry for saying your hair looks like poo, when you braid it." He mumbled out. Sophia smiled happily.

"You're forgiven." She chirped. I shook my head, grinning to myself as I toyed with the remainder of my french toast.

"Good, now that's cleared up, if you two want, we can play some basketball maybe?" Eric questioned, trailing off. They both looked at one another and nodded, hissing out a 'yes'. They both jumped up out of their seats and made their way upstairs to get dressed.

When they left, I looked at Eric with a surprised look.

"How did you know they love basketball? Especially Drew?" I questioned him, softly. He smiled lightly, not looking me in the eye.

"Because of their letters." He stated. My mouth parted in surprise and I knotted my brows.

"Oh, you read them." I mumbled. He nodded. I cleared my throat, feeling the eyes of Janice on me.

"Are your kids always like this? Always this misbehaved?" She questioned, finally breaking off her nice act. I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"That's none of your concern." I muttered, earning a glare from her.

"Oh, but it is. Especially since they'll be staying here, in my house." She pointed out. I sarcastically smiled.

"Then, I guess you'll have to deal with it." I muttered back. She went silent, scoffing and digging back into her crepes. I sighed, feeling the eyes of Eric locked on me. The rest of the breakfast was spent in silence, yet slyly, I would peak glances at Eric.

I hadn't seen him for song long.

It were as if I was imagining it all.

But it wasn't if I was the only one doing it. I too, could feel his eyes on me.

I put down my fork and picked up my glass, bringing it up to my lips and taking a fresh gulp of water. I let my eyes carelessly wonder around, only pausing when meeting with the sight of a bandaged hand.

"What happened to your hand?" I blurted out, not giving a second thought to it. I clamped my mouth shut, looking at Eric with concerned eyes. He arched a brow, before sinking back to his emotionless face.

"It's not important." He murmured, his voice barely audible. I tried not to flinch from the distance and edge to his voice. My mouth opened to speak, but no words left my mouth. I slowly nodded.

"If that's what you say." I whispered in response, finally finding my voice. I pushed back my chair, hearing it shift across the wooden ground. I picked myself up, meeting eyes with Janice. A smirk was drawn on her red lips and a glare was playing in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes, before walking off. Feeling a pair of eyes on me. Not only Janice's.

---

(Narrator's Pov)

Lea tried her hardest not to ogle the bare tattooed arms on display. His hard muscles flexed as he dribbled the ball, before passing it off to his son. She was sat on the side, a book in her hand, yet her eyes elsewhere, as well as her mind.

Her two children were playing a match of basketball with their father. Something the two had longed for. A small smile curved onto her lips and she put down the book, stuffing her hands inside her pockets as she walked towards them.

She was silently smiling, watching her children bound with their father. A part of her inside was glowing with...happiness. She loved to see the smile playing on their faces.

Too lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice her surroundings. As Drew made a shot, it bounced off the rim of the net, causing it to fly over into Lea's direction. It was only when the hard ball bounced on her cheek, she felt the hard impact.

A yelp of pain left her lips and she stumbled on spot, her hand flying out to caress her pounding cheek.

"Lea!" Eric called, quickly rushing to her side and embracing her into his arms. He leaned down, checking over her face. Her eyes were closed as she bit down on her bottom lip, suppressing the awaited cries of pain wanting to leave her lips.

"Shit." He cursed.

"Mommy!"

"Ma!"

The words left their lips in sync. They quickly rushed over to their parents, both worried about their mother.

"Are you okay?" He softly asked, reaching out to remove her hand and examine her red cheek. It was only then, she opened her eyes and met with his. He held their gaze and she noticed the emotionless ray in them now.

"Ma, are you okay?" She heard Drew call. They both snapped out their state of trance and she nodded, mustering up a small smile.

"I'm fine, honey."

"I'm so sorry! I never meant for the ball to bounce off!" He rushed out. She waved him off.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. I'm fine, sweetie." She smiled. Eric continued to stare at her, his arms still around her upper body.

"Come, you should put some ice on that." He murmured in a monotone. Without a reply, he began leading her inside, his arms still around her.

Little did they know who was watching.

The devil herself, stood, peering outside the guest bedroom, giving the view to the backyard. Her teeth were grounded in frustration and anger.

"I won't let you get close, not again." She murmured, shaking her head. The perfect plan of her project to make Lea leave, grew in her mind. A smirk grew onto her lips.

"Eric only wants the kids." She trailed off.

"I know exactly what to do." She smirked in satisfaction.

The devil was ready.

•••••

(AN) Hey guys! So, what do you think the little devil is planning? Telling you, you're about to be left angry and frustrated at Eric. Anyways, what do y'all think about the chapter? Eric was a little caring, but he might screw it up, lol. Next chapter is in Lea's Pov again. And I had to update again, because you all are too damn sweet! 

Comment AND Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 53.5K 59
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔; It started with his love. Will it end with...
1.2M 49.6K 48
What happens when in revenge you hack a system and ultimately it leads in your unexpected marriage?? Catch the story of Naina Sharma- The Hacker and...
2M 72.9K 56
Justin Drake Bass; a famous CEO. He was every woman's dream and every man's idol. At the young age of eighteen, he took over his family business, bec...
3.1M 99.2K 44
Arranged marriage, it doesn't occur as much in this modern society. Or so people think. In reality, it would shock you how high the numbers are...