CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.

(Lea's Pov)

A light smile was playing on my lips, as I sipped the last of my hot chocolate. The weather had grown exceedingly colder as the days went on. It was mid October, and November was just around the corner. Although I loved summer, I loved winter just as much.

I guess I was excited.

Also, Christmas was coming soon. Even though I never had the best past experiences, well before my children were born - I looked forward to it. It just gave me a warm feeling.

I exhaled, washing my mug as I absentmindedly looked through the window, the backyard in view for my eyes. My mind instantly thought back to last night, causing a tingle to dance in low pit of my stomach.

The way his soft, luscious lips felt on mine was incredible. Only he could get me to feel in such a needy way. Desire, lust; he had control over my body as well as me. My body craved  him, just as much as I did.

But the more I thought about, the clearer the harsh reality of what we were doing was wrong, settled in.

No matter how much I loved and longed for Eric - he was off limits. A married man, with a woman who declared herself as his wife.

Our situation was...wrong.

A frown curved onto my lips, but I shook off my thoughts, sighing deeply. I put the wet mug to aside, leaving it to dry, before exiting the kitchen. I pulled on the ends of my long, white sleeve shirt, paired with cotton pajama pants.

The sound of my children's laughter entered my ears, immediately making me smile. I walked inside the room, biting down on my bottom lip and stuffed my hands inside my pajama pockets.

Amusement danced its way around me, as I took in the sight. Both Drew and Sophia, were toppled over their father, holding him in lock down. I raised a surprised brow at their positioning. 

A low groan sounded beneath them, making them grin in accomplishment.

"What's going on in here?" I breathed. Both their heads snapped over to my direction, their cheeks heating up red.

"Oh...it's not what it looks like..." Sophia trailed off. Eric lay still behind them, his eyes closed and his lips pursed.

"Oh? Then what is...this?" I asked, holding in the laughter which was threatening to escape. Sophia jumped off from her father's stomach, while Drew smirked up at me.

"Daddy's being mean." She sighed. I arched a brow, my eyes darting to Eric, who had his eyes open, a grin of amusement playing on his plump lips.

I felt a tingle in my stomach at the reminder of his lips being on mine, just under twenty four hours ago.

"Yeah. We're just putting the old man in place." Drew admitted. I bit down on my bottom lip, slowly nodding my head.

"What did he do, exactly?" I questioned them, watching as Drew moved from Eric's side and came to sit beside Sophia. I crossed my arms over my chest, awaiting their explanation.

"For starters; he said he's going to put us in a school here!" Sophia exclaimed. Drew humming and nodding his head in agreement.

"And then he said I'm no good at NBA 2K16!" Drew spat.

"He's being mean, mommy! Tell him off." Sophia frowned. My eyes darted between the two, viewing them in complete amusement. Eric was silent.

"Well, first of all I'm going to clear this up. Since we'll be living here, you'll need to attend school. And Drew, don't you dare try and argue about that." I threw him a look, making him deflate in annoyance.