CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

(Lea's Pov)

A large smile was playing on my lips as I watched the twins make cards for their father. The two wanted to share their happiness and excitement about finally being able to meet him. They decided a card would be better than actually saying it to his face.

Nevertheless, it was an adorable idea.

Both were lightly chuckling as they shared jokes with another, using crayons to color in their childish drawings. I smiled, looking down at my lap and playing with my hands. Although I was here, watching my two children get along and make cards for their father - my mind was elsewhere. 

I kept on thinking back to Eric and his sudden conversation last night.

It was still fresh in my mind and left me wondering how it even happened. When I accidentally bumped into him, he looked as if he had a lot on his mind, sounded, too. My curiosity got the better of me and I had asked him - yet, he waved me off and ended up asking another question.

"When you left...did you think of me? Did you think about how I'd feel when finding out about you leaving, and in a pregnant state?"

I told him, what I told myself. I did think of him, I thought about how he'd react and how much trouble it'd give him. So, I didn't tell him. Little did I know it'd come back to bite me in the butt. Hard, might I add.

I truly felt bad after that, guilty even. But when I told him my reason, he smiled humorlessly and told me he would have reacted differently. So, I asked him how. 

"It doesn't matter."

He had said.

Yet, I couldn't leave it alone. For some reason, I felt as if there was much more to it.

And I also wondered to myself; why did he want to know? It was all so sudden. I decided to myself, I would ask Eric about it. This morning, but didn't find him anywhere. I figured he went to work.

"Ma," I heard Drew call, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I cleared my throat, smiling at him. He grinned, displaying his little pearly whites and handed me an orange card. I looked over it, the smile never once disappearing. On the cover was a little figure holding hands with a taller figure, dressed in basketball clothing. 

"This is amazing, Drew." I told him, opening it to see if he wrote any messages. However, it was blank.

"Thanks, Ma. It's me and dad, playing basketball." He grinned. I smiled, handing it back to him.

"Are you going to write anything inside?" I asked him, running a hand through his hair, combing it back. He nodded, giving me a kiss on the cheek before going back to writing inside. I smiled, looking at Sophia.

"Can I see yours, sweetie?" I asked her. Her head shot up and she eagerly nodded.

"Of course you can." She giggled, picking herself up and jumping over to me, sitting down in my lap. I chuckled, looking down at the front of her card. On hers, it was a small little girl, dressed in a puffy princess-like dress and wearing a tiara. She was holding hands with a taller man, dressed in a suit.

"It's me and daddy!" She giggled. I grinned, kissing her on the cheek.

"It's beautiful." I told her. 

"Thank you, mommy. I'm going to write inside now." She too, left a kiss on my cheek before jumping off and heading back to where she was sitting. I let out a small tired sigh and leaned back on the sofa.

My eyes closed and I let out a small yawn. Last night, I hadn't gotten much sleep. I made sure the twins were in deep slumber, before I came downstairs had a glass of warm milk and accidentally bumped into Eric. After the conversation, my mind just wouldn't switch off.