CHAPTER TWELVE.

(Eric's Pov)

I sat on the edge of my bed, my feet touching the cold ground as I wrapped the fresh, new bandage around my bruised hand. Turns out, punching the wall, isn't the best way to release your anger. Well, that's what I heard from my dad.

An absent minded smile was playing on my lips as I thought about my children. God, the two could hype up my day, just with their presence alone. And after taking them out for ice cream, I could feel a part of me...glow and light up. 

It was strange.

Not long ago, I felt mentally numb. After the disappearance from...her - I felt my emotions die out. But now the kids had appeared like a miracle in my life, I could feel a part of me...smile again. 

It was crazy.

However, a bigger part of me was still in pain, yet it wasn't physical pain, it was emotional pain. My emotions had been played by her. Whether she knew it or not, I still longed for her. Yet, I would never tell her this. I didn't want her to think I had forgiven her.

Because, truth to be told - I hadn't.

I sighed, cutting off the bandage and tying it on securely. It was a good thing I had learnt how to use my right hand and as if it were my left hand. Otherwise, it would have been difficult to bandage my hands. I licked my lips as I felt my mind think of her.

No matter how much I avoided thinking of her, she was still on my mind. To say I was still in shock from her sudden reappearance, would be spot on. But, I couldn't help but think of her beautiful face.

She was still so gorgeous and really, the same person she had always been. My mind thought back to the conversation we held at the park.

We both walked beside each other, a fair distance of space between us. I smiled, watching as my two children ran off and jumped onto the rides, discarding their left over ice-cream. We both silently made our way over to an empty bench, sitting down with a large distance between us.

It was silent, and the only sound to be heard was of our children jumping around in excitement.

"Thank you." I heard a small whisper. My brow arched and I looked at Lea, but only for a millisecond.

"Thank you for taking us out. And paying back there, you really didn't have to. And I promise I'll pay you when we get back home." She rambled. I let out a low chuckle of amusement. She paused, looking down at her lap and bit down on her bottom lip.

"It's fine." I cleared my throat.

"And you don't have to pay me back. They are my children, too." I told her, my eyes looking up to see the two playing on the slides.

"I get that, but I'm talking about myself. You didn't have to pay for my ice cream, but nonetheless, thank you." She said. I nodded, placing my hands in my pockets and leaning back on the bench.

"It was nothing." I replied in a monotone. My eyes darted over to her and I watched as she welcomed a spoon of her ice cream into her mouth. I tore my eyes away quickly, before she could catch me looking.

"Thank you for letting me take them out." I mumbled. 

"There's nothing to say thank you about. Like you said yourself, they're your children too." She said, smiling at me when I looked up. I returned it, only as a half-smile.

When I saw the sincerity in her eyes, I realized - she was the still the same Lea.

My angel.