CHAPTER SIX.

(Lea's Pov)

I shot up from my sleep, shaking off the images in my mind.

"It was just a dream." I whispered to myself, trying to calm myself down from the nightmare. Again, after so long, I was met with a familiar nightmare brought by my accident. I heaved, panting heavily, placing a hand over my pulsing heart.

"You're fine, Lea." I reassured myself. I took a moment, just heavily breathing and trying to tell myself it was only my mind messing with me.

"Mommy," I heard a muffled voice call. My eyes widened and I peered down to see Sophia's eyes open and staring at me. I cleared my throat, mustering up a small smile.

"Y-Yes?" I whispered, running a hair out of her face. Her lips were pulled into a pout and her brows were furrowed in confusion. I grew confused to as why she was making a face like that.

"Are you okay?" She mumbled, her tone drowsy as her eyes struggled to remain open. I shook my head, smiling at her reassuringly.

"I'm fine, honey. I-I just had a bad dream...okay? Mommy's fine." I told her, rubbing her cheek lightly. She sighed, still frowning, but nonetheless nodded.

"You were saying someone's name." She breathed out, reaching out to wipe under her eye. My brows knitted together in confusion.

"Really?...Who?" I questioned, cupping her face. She shrugged, squinting her eyes.

"Eric."

---

I currently sat by the large dining table. Ma was out there in the kitchen, busy cooking up breakfast for five. Sophia and Drew were watching TV in the other room, both sat in their grandfather's lap.

My mind was going wild as I thought back to this morning. Once again, a nightmare filled with fire, flames, burning heat and myself - all brought to reality. It wasn't surprising that my mind thought back to it, but what had me in shock was the name I was calling out.

Eric.

I swallowed, shaking off my thoughts. I could feel my heart thumping quicker just thinking about him.

Today...today would be the day I meet Eric Miller, once again.

I closed my eyes, and tried not to think about it. That would only cause me to grow nervous and I'd try backing out.

"Lea, sweetheart." I heard Vanessa softly call. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at a gentle smiling Vanessa.

"Yes, Ma?" I quietly asked. She sighed heavily, pulling out a chair, before taking a seat in it. She eyed me, a small smile on her lips.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?" She asked softly. My eyes widened in surprise and I nodded slowly.

"How do you know?" I choked out. She smiled sadly, peering down at her lap.

"Because, it's a look I'm familiar seeing. Just on another face." She mumbled. My brows furrowed and I leaned forward on my chair.

"What's that supposed to mean, Ma? Did Eric think of me?" I quietly asked. Not sure what I wanted to hear. She looked up at me, her lips between her teeth. Her were eyes moving across my face. I frowned in confusion.

"Is there something on my face?" I questioned, wiping a hand up and down it. Ma chuckled, shaking her head.

"No...I'm just...I'm still in shock that you're here." She breathed, reaching out to cup my cheek. I half-smiled.

"You know, I never intended to hurt anyone when I left. I...I only did it because I wanted to get away from everything that was happening. And I know, it may have seemed like a stupid, immature decision - but I was lost, Ma." I cried to her, begging for her to understand.