Leon Pride: A World of Demons

Bởi blue_jay

What were you doing on December 21, 2012? Well, on that day, the world was introduced to a race that would co... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Lauren
Chapter 2 - Party Town
Chapter 3 - Leon
Chapter 4 - Vega Industries
Chapter 5 - Archway
Chapter 6 - Nick
Chapter 7 - Street Fight
Chapter 8 - Extermination
Chapter 9 - The Queen
Chapter 10 - Limits
Chapter 11 - Adapt
Chapter 12 - Raven
Chapter 13 - A Vision
Chapter 14 - Operation: Scrap Metal
Chapter 15 - What Color Do You Bleed?
Chapter 16 - Rumble Under the Dome
Chapter 17 - True Colors
Chapter 18 - Vega's Weapon
Chapter 19 - Tranformations
Chapter 20 - Vega's Fall
Chapter 21 - Calamity
Chapter 22 - Working Things Out
Chapter 23 - Third Party
Chapter 24 - Family Bonding
Chapter 25 - Father's Regrets
Chapter 26 - Calamity is Born
Chapter 27 - The Favored Son
Chapter 28 - Battle With The Shades
Chapter 29 - Warning Shot
Chapter 30 - Breaking Points
Chapter 31 - Trechery of Demons
Chapter 32 - Kane VS Kayos
Chapter 33 - Family Ties
Chapter 34 - The Collaboration Festival
Chapter 35 - "We Are Too Strong"
Chapter 36 - Match Made in Blood
Chapter 37 - Gods of Strength
Chapter 38 - The New God
Chapter 39 - The Last Hurdle
Chapter 40 - Challenging the New God
Chapter 41 - Skorge The Calamity
Chapter 42 - Seeds of Distrust
Chapter 43 - Vega's Legacy
Chapter 44 - Crossing Lines
Chapter 45 - Brutal Encounter
Chapter 46 - Ugliness of Humanity
Chapter 47 - Divided
Chapter 48 - Violence Repeated
Chapter 49 - Enter the Fury
Chapter 50 - Lovers' Quarrel
Chapter 51 - Savage
Chapter 52 - Limitations
Chapter 53 - Mind of a God
Chapter 54 - A Losing Battle?
Chapter 55 - The Last Straw
Chapter 56 - Calling the End
Chapter 57 - Earning The Name
Chapter 58 - The Calm...
Chapter 59 - ...Before the Storm
Chapter 60 - Student of Kane
Chapter 61 - City of Demons
Chapter 62 - Rematch?
Chapter 63 - The Vicious Cycle
Chapter 64 - Beginning of The End
Chapter 65 - End of an Era?
Chapter 66 - The Heir of Kane
Chapter 67 - Broken Chain
Chapter 68 - Meeting of the Calamities
Chapter 69 - Gods and the Beast
Chapter 70 - The Gloves Are Off
Chapter 71 - The Light and The End
Chapter 73 - The Fallen
Chapter 74 - Savages
Chapter 75 - Leon's Pride
Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENT
Final Arc - Prologue
Final Arc - Chapter 1
Final Arc - Chapter 2
Final Arc - Chapter 3
Final Arc - Chapter 4
Final Arc - Chapter 5

Chapter 72 - Bang

133 6 0
Bởi blue_jay

~*~*~*~

Natalia had been glued to the same spot for what seemed like forever, her eyes fixed in the direction that Legion and Leon had been battling. She wasn't alone however, Carny as well as Royce and the human girl Lauren had joined her since Royce's return from trying to help his brother. After he'd told them all that Leon was still fighting with the monster those five had all planted themselves firmly in place while they stood, watching on.

Kayos though remained on the ground, still unable to move his legs after Legion had broken his back. He didn't know whether or not this was a permanent situation, but Kayos really and truly didn't care. All he cared about was whether or not his son would come back to him. Even though Leon had made it painfully clear that Kayos was nothing to him anymore, that didn't erase the love that he had for him. At the same time though, it didn't erase the guilt and regret that he felt for all the years he'd been a monster to his son.

"No-" Kayos said in a voice barely more than a whisper as he clamped his eyes shut and shook his head in an attempt to clear it of any thoughts.

Don't think like that he was telling himself. The more negative thoughts he had the more likely that things will go badly. Karma, he believed is what the humans called it. Either way he was praying with all of his being that Leon would make it out of this fight.

He turned his gaze to Zant who was struggling to make it back to his feet, ever since Roy came back and told them all that he hadn't seen any sign of Skorge, Typhon, or Omen, Zant had been determined to make it back to the battlefield to find his lover. As of yet though he hadn't even made it to his feet. On the outside they all looked okay, but Kayos could speak for it better than the rest of them that none of them were in any condition to get back out there after the beatings they'd all taken from Legion.

The exception though being that of Carny and possibly Arya, but even those battle crazed demons weren't willing to step back out there. Though it didn't seem to be because of fear that he was staying, but for some reason that no one here could hope to understand. Something in that broken mind of his was keeping him here. Kayos could only guess that maybe he was staying back to protect Natalia and the baby, but even that Kayos wasn't willing to place a wager on. Let's just be glad that he was here, because if anything came there way at least Carny would protect Natalia, of that Kayos was certain.

As Kayos lie there on the ground trying to think of a way to be useful, his heart jumped up into his throat when two metallic figures materialized right in front of him. The two human women that Kayos didn't know let out a scream getting everyone's attention. Carny whipped around and upon seeing the two figures his eyes widened before launching himself at them.

"Wait!" Called out one of the androids as it held up a hand but Carny was already on top of it.

He had it pinned down in a matter of seconds as he brought his arm up and was about to tear into the android when the second one latched onto his arms telling him to stop. Arya, who had a thing for Carny, warped her hands into two giant hammers and with a single swing tore the android from Carny's back. Now free the insane demon brought his arm down sinking his claws deep into the android's chest making it let out a loud metallic grinding sound.

"I'm here with a message from the one fighting that monster!" The android said in garbled speech which snapped Carny right out of his craze. Grabbing the android by the chest plate Carny lifted it right up off the ground as they all listened in to what the android was saying. "He sent the two of us here to get you all out of here. He said that it was imperative that we get his fiance and unborn child as far from here as we could."

"I'm not going anywhere!" Natalia said in voice so hoarse it was as if she hadn't used it in years, but her face conveyed the message well enough that she was serious. "I'm not leaving until Leon comes back."

"Ma'am please understand." Said the second android as it got back up to its feet with a huge dent in the side of its head. "He wants you safe, and sent us here to help you all-"

"If you want to help get out there and find the Skorge and the others!" Zant cut in once he was up on shaky legs. "You must want that monster dead as much as we do. The only way to do that is to get the Skorge and the others back into the fight." Kayos was moving to say something but suddenly found himself unable to speak, and he turned his head around to find Quinn's eyes giving off a faint green glow. Kayos cursed the little demon but knew just how useless it'd be to try and fight against him now so all he could do was listen to what Zant had to say. "Leon is strong yes, but if that monster ran through Skorge, Typhon, and his brother, than what hope does he have? Leon barely managed to beat Skorge the last time they fought, and he's gotten much stronger since then so what hope does he have alone?"

"More than this one knows." Carny said as he let go of the android and stalked over to Zant until the two of them were nose to nose. "Carny believes in Him more than he believes in the Red. He can win. You don't know Him like Carny knows Him. He will win, and He will come back to Her!" Carny said pointing at Natalia. "He fights for Her, and he fights for Baby. You fight for Skorge, and Skorge fights for Skorge. Carny fights for Him, Carny fights for Her, Carny fights for Baby...

"But Carny can't fight now." He said in an almost defeated voice as he fell down to a crouch and ran his hands roughly through his hair. "Carny can't help Him like Carny used to. Carny isn't strong enough to help." There was a pause before Carny went on in and almost sane sounding tone. "Skorge, Typhon, Omen, Zant, Arya, Arianna, Remus, Ramon, Gall, Rite, Kane, Her, Raven, Fake..., Carny- none are Him, and He is none of them. They can't fight, they can't help, only He can. Trust in Him, and He will win."

Zant stared at Carny for a moment before he spoke again. "I'm not trusting in the thoughts of a madman!" He exclaimed before pointing at the androids. "Go find the others, now. At the very least we need to find them so that we can escape to lick our wounds... We'll just have to try and fight Legion again another day."

"Leave it to the pillow-biter to want to tuck tail and run!" Arya sneered. "You just want your precious Skorge back so you and he can run away together. How cowardly can you be?"

"I'm not a coward you ugly bitch!" Zant screamed. "We lost don't you get it? It's best to run away now, regroup and come back with a plan!"

"And what about Leon?" Roy asked stepping forward. "He's out there fighting right now and you just want to leave him?"

"He made his choice the moment he decided to try fighting that thing on his own." Zant said lowering his head slightly. "His strength is a hard loss but he's the best distraction that we have. Don't you get that we can't just keep throwing ourselves at that monster? He's already killed-"

Zant's entire body went stiff before he collapsed to the ground. Again Kayos, gaze was turned to Quinn who was on his feet now and his eyes were a bright shade of green. The small demon turned to the two androids before speaking. "As much as I don't want to admit it, that coward was right." Roy looked like he was about to erupt but one glance from Quinn silenced him. "I'm not talking about running away. I'm saying that we need the others. Leon's strong, but I can feel him slowly losing his resolve to fight. He's losing, and he needs all the help that he can get." Pointing at the androids. "You get those three and do your best to revive them. Once you get them up, those of us here who're able will be going to join them in one last attack."

Kayos exchanged looks with the androids before they both vanished in a flash of silver light. God I just hope that they're enough Kayos thought to himself as he looked up to the sky. He prayed to the spirit of his wife Lyandra to watch over their boy. But when he blinked he was horrified to find that the sky was completely red, in every direction all he saw was a deep bloody red. He let out a scream throwing himself backwards, his heart feeling like it was going to jump out of its chest. He blinked again and found the sky had returned to it's original indigo shade and that his other son Royce was trying to shake him awake.

"What did you see?" He demanded as Kayos turned to look at Quinn who was wearing a grim expression.

Nothing, good Kayos thought to himself as yet another row of buildings began to come down in the distance. Nothing good at all...

~*~*~*~

Leon had Legion on the ground and stomped as hard as he could on the big demon's chest cracking the ground below them even more than it'd already been. Legion let out a wheezing sound before Leon doubled forward driving his fist into the side of Legion's face with a loud cry. The punch didn't effect the big demon very much however because before Leon could even rear back his arm for a second a large rock was shattered over his head sending Leon to the ground.

The shock of the impact had dazed Leon long enough for Legion to reverse their positions, pinning him down by the throat with his forearm. The big demon let out a savage snarl before his head snapped forward, his gapping jaws intending to take a chunk right out of Leon's head. Despite seeing double Leon managed to get his somewhat free arm up in time to redirect Legion's head just enough that when his jaws clamed shut they crushed a chunk of steel rather than his skull. Legion growled and spat out the bit of metal and with the tenacity expected of a Savage Demon he came back around to take another bite.

This time though Leon threw his head forward catching Legion right on the bridge of the nose, shattering it with a satisfying crunching sound. Legion's eyes clamped shut before the demon himself threw his entire body backwards howling in pain. Leon used that moment to bring his legs up to his chest, and with every bit of strength he could build up in his body, he shot straight up feet first tearing into Legion's gut.  Legion's entire upper half snapped forward like a whip being cracked and with that Leon was given his first sign that his hits were finally taking effect.

Blood shot out of Legion's mouth upon impact, coating part of Leon's face in a mix of slobber and blood. Legion's blood! Leon's eyes grew slightly as the big demon flew backwards tumbling along the ground time and time again before he finally was stopped by a hill that they had made during their battle. As for Leon himself, he had used the momentum of the kick to flip himself forward into a defensive crouch where he waited for Legion to emerge from the smoke. It'd been at least seven seconds and still nothing, not even a roar from Legion making Leon wonder just how badly he had hurt the monster. Normally Legion was back on his feet and charging back at Leon almost the instant he'd hit the ground but now there was no roar, no charge, just and eerie silence.

The silence had made Leon lower his guard, not by much, but enough to ignore a slight tremor he felt in the ground below him. That was a mistake. The ground trembled once more before a large gray hand exploded from the rubble, latching onto Leon's leg and pulling him down before he could even try resisting. Once he was under ground there was a red flash of Leon trying to hit Legion with another concussive blast but the big demon actually showed some planning and batted his hand away. The blast that came from Leon's palm still sounded like a bomb detonating despite not actually connecting with Legion but all it did was make a large impression in the side of the sewer.

Legion meanwhile still had a hold of Leon's leg and was using him like a baseball bat, striking him against the wall over and over again until there was literally no wall left for Legion to break. That's when Leon was whipped down the long sewer skipping across the stone and metal walkways like he was a rock on water. His head felt like it was splitting open and blood was already beginning to pour from his head like a leaky faucet. All that though eclipsed once Legion came down with his elbow, burying a bone spike that was as round as Leon's wrist right into his gut.

Leon's eyes practically burst from his skull as the pain that registered shot through him as swiftly as an electric shock. He let out an agonizing scream while Legion began twisting his elbow around tearing up Leon's insides even more than he already had. And to make matters worse Legion was getting up, swinging his upper body around with Leon still speared on the end of Legion's elbow before driving him into a separate wall burying the spike even further as the wall all but imploded under the force Legion had just used.

Leon coughed up a large mouthful of blood before he placed both palms on Legion's head, one on his left temple and the other on the very back. He let out a loud scream as the red light built up and this time when the concussive waves went off they found their mark as two separate explosions went off right on Legion's skull. The big demon's head was enveloped in smoke from the explosion was he fell forward, the bone spike being removed from Leon's gut in the process. Legion didn't make it very far though before Leon took hold of the bone spike with a hand and with a sinister and bloody smile he gave it a violent twist ripping the spike right out of Legion's elbow.

The beast let out a pained howl as Leon wrapped his arm around Legion's wrist preventing him from pulling away before stabbing the big demon right in the bicep with his own bone. Legion's howl turned to an animalistic scream as Leon twisted the spike to ensure that Legion would feel the maximum amount of pain from this. Legion tried pulling away but now that Leon had dug in his heels there was no way he'd be moved that way, and so Legion spun the other way with the intent of throwing Leon through the sewer wall only to realize there wasn't one there any longer. While he was in the air though, Leon had twisted his body around so that when he landed he'd be almost back to back with Legion before he gave another violent twist of his upper body.

With that twist Legion's arm snapped right at the elbow before he was flipped over Leon's shoulder and slammed onto the ground. The scream's that Legion was giving off now couldn't even be compared to that of an animal. They were the kind of screams that sent chills down your spine, the kind that had you waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. Yet still Leon wasn't done with Legion's arm. Now that he stood directly over the beast he jumped on top of his back turning his arm around for a better grip and placing a foot right between Legion's shoulder joint. With one more great twisting jerk Leon ripped Legion's arm right out of it's socket, and with any luck he'd shredded some of the muscle within as well.

That's when Legion finally wised up and used his free arm to turn reach around grabbing Leon by the head and slam him into the ground. Leon's entire body went rigid upon the impact because he'd landed literally on the very top of his head, which sent tremors all throughout his body. Leon fell forward on his front after half a heart beat of standing straight up on his head, and by the time he was able to get his body to move Legion was also barely getting up. Leon's left eye was swollen shut, and the right side of his face was streaked with blood, not to mention the near fist sized hole that was in his stomach. Still he was comfortable in thinking that he was in better shape that Legion was, if only barely.

"Aren't you done yet?" Leon panted falling backwards on his rear after his legs gave out on him. Legion only snarled in response as he too looked to be on spaghetti legs. "I mean, seriously what's to be gained by this? We're beating the piss out of each other, and for what? Because you had a bad day and lost it god knows how long ago? Sometimes you just gotta learn when to call it quits buddy."

Legion now back up on his feet let out a roar and threw himself at Leon. "Have it your way then!" Leon called before he shot up off of the ground bringing his fist straight up catching Legion underneath his jaw all in one fluid movement.

The two of them flew through the top of the sewer and back into the cool night air. Neither one had a graceful landing by any means but Leon was the first to his feet for once. Legion seemed like he was finally starting to feel all those hits that he'd taken from everyone and was starting to move slower and slower. Though it wasn't like Leon wasn't feeling it either, as he doubled over to put his hands on his knees to keep himself up. He knew that he had to end this know that Legion was down an arm but to be frank he didn't think he had the energy left in him to keep this up.

That's when he heard it. A sound that made it feel as though his heart were going to leap right out of his mouth. The sound of people scrambling to get away, but when Leon turned his head to look it wasn't just some random people. Further on maybe a block away if that, he saw a girl with black hair and a single white streak in her hair surrounded by several other familiar faces. Leon's breath caught at the sight of Natalia and all the others looking over at him and Legion, a whole new fear of any of them getting dragged into this fight overwhelmed him to the point that he thought he was going to pass out.

How the hell did they get here!? Leon thought looking around at the buildings around them and saw that there actually were buildings still standing whereas the area he'd been fighting in had all but been leveled. That's when he remembered it. Down in the sewer, Legion had tossed him down the long tunnel where Legion had been bouncing for a good twenty seconds. He'd tossed him literally in the worst possible direction that he possibly could have chosen, now Leon had to somehow get this fight back away from all of them. He just hoped that Legion didn't-

Leon's thoughts were cut off by Legion's massive fist crashing into his face shattering his nose and one of his horns. The impact of such a punch had sent Leon backwards where he crashed right into a parked semi truck. The side of its trailer folded in on itself before tipping over on its side. Leon was still in the side of the trailer groaning in pain when a large shadow fell over him as Legion came down on him fist first. The truck's trailer was all but split in half with Legion crashing into it, but Leon had managed to get both arms up in time to catch the blow and stop the worst of the attack. The two of them locked eyes, Legion's eyes oozing red light, and Leon's pupils rippling like red flames before the battle of strength was finally ended by Legion bringing down his other fist. It had already healed itself!?!

Unable to move Leon had no choice but to take the hit, and he clamped his eyes shut waiting for the pain to come. But it never came, instead when Leon opened his eyes he saw two hands just as large as Legion's had taken a hold of his arm and looked to be just barely keeping his arm back. Both Legion and Leon looked back to find that it was Carny who had somehow managed to stop Legion's fist from coming down.

"What the hell are you doing!?" Leon screamed.

"Carny believes in Him, even if He doesn't." Carny said in a strained voice as the cement began to crack under the pressure of Carny holding back Legion's arm. "Carny won't let Him die. Carny isn't as strong as Him, but Carny won't- LET HIM DIE!"

With that Legion using his good arm, grabbed Carny's stretched out arms and ripped Carny off the ground like the mad demon wasn't even trying to fight back. Carny was flying through the air like he'd been fired from a cannon, his arms now back to their original length were spread out as if he really intended to fight! Legion's good arm was already wound up and was ready to end Carny with a single blow the instant he was close enough. Leon couldn't let that happen as he shot up grabbing Legion's arm getting the monster's attention back on him just as Carny landed on his back and sank his claws into his back.

Legion's eyes grew wide as he howled in pain, forgetting all about Leon for a moment as he tried reaching back for Carny with his good arm. So that's it, Leon thought narrowing his eyes at Legion's left arm. It's not fully healed, he can't move it that much and probably couldn't use all of his strength with it. That had to be the only reason why Carny was able to stop his blow until Legion used his right arm. He still can't use his left arm very well!

Leon's eyes grew slightly at the realization as Carny held on for all he was worth with one hand while stabbing Legion again and again with the other. Finally Carny made a mistake and wound up his arm for a harder hit, that's when Legion was finally able to grab him. Leon jumped at the opportunity and caught Legion with as hard a punch as he could muster right in the gut making the big demon double over and release his grip on Carny. While that happened Leon sent a wave of power down his arm telling Carny to get off of his back. Carny did so just as the energy reached his hand and then...

"Bang!" Leon yelled just before an explosion went off right in Legion's gut sending the big demon tumbling backwards where he landed flat on his back.

Carny let out a scream jumping in the air and sending his arms down stabbing the ground with his claws before sling-shotting himself straight down foot first into Legion's face. The impact made Legion's legs shoot into the air as well as bury his head deep in the road's pavement. Carny jumped off of Legion in and instant while Leon followed suit with the insane demon jumping in the air with his right arm glowing like a bright red star.

"Just to make damn sure you stay down!" He yelled as he came down arm first. "BANG-"

Leon was cut off by Legion's upper body shooting straight up with his jaws wide open. Leon's eyes went wide with panic as he fell, there wasn't anyway to stop he was already too close to move his arm out of the way! Leon's hand entered Legion's jaws and before he could get the shot off to try and save himself Legion's jaws clamped down.

CRUNCH.

Leon let out a scream as Legion's jaws came down and literally bit his arm in half! A flow of blood shot from his arm as Leon shot backwards before the shock hit him as he held onto what was left of his arm. He let out a pained cry when he touched it, finally he had to look and what he saw horrified him. Every thing from the elbow down, was just gone, only a deep red liquid was left falling from Leon's arm. He suddenly felt sick and the world felt as if it were spinning out of control, so much so that he had to take a knee to keep from passing out.

Leon looked up to find Legion was getting back up and the fucker was chewing. He was chewing the half of his arm that he'd taken off! Leon tried getting up but the instant he did he nearly keeled over and just barely managed to get back down on his knee. When he looked back at Legion he was sickened to see the big demon swallow before advancing on him ready to take another chunk out of him.

In doing that though he'd forgotten all about Carny who flew out Legion a whirlwind of claws and suddenly Legion too was on his knee after carny absolutely ripped apart the big demon's right calf. Legion let out a wail before turning to take a swing at Carny only for the insane demon to duck it and charge back in for several more slashes. Leon looked on as Carny went at Legion screaming like the insane creature that he was, hacking and slashing at the big demon with his claws all while just barely avoiding Legion deadly punches and swipes.

Leon looked down at his missing arm and then back to Carny who was doing his damndest to fight this monster but he knew that there was only so long that he could keep this up before he got hit. Once that happened it would be over, Carny was without a doubt the toughest demon that Leon had ever known but toughness only mattered so much when faced with such ungodly strength. Leon knew it, Carny knew it, yet here he was trying in vain to fight with Legion. A battle which there was no way in hell that Carny could win, he was doing this because he believed in Leon. Something in that broken mind Carny truly believed that Leon could win and he was risking his life just to give him the breather that he needed.

Leon closed his eyes before he punched the ground in anger, why the hell was Carny doing this? What about Leon warranted such loyalty from Carny, a demon who when they first met only wanted to kill and keep killing. Now here we was, fighting a losing battle and for what? For a loser like Leon who was as selfish as they came. Yeah he was fighting Legion, but it wasn't because it was the right thing to do, it was because he wanted to make sure that his kid had a world to grow up in. And with every second that Legion was alive that hope grew less and less likely...

"Quinn!" Leon called and shortly after he heard the small demon's voice in his head. "Can you let me talk to Nat?"

Quinn's voice said he could but didn't know why Leon would want to do that, which Leon ignored and told him to just do it. A moment later Quinn's voice made an acknowledging sound letting Leon know that he must've figured out just what he was intending on doing. Not more than three seconds later did Leon hear Natalia's voice in his head.

"Hey babe." Leon said with a bit of a smile on his face, though he felt his throat beginning to tighten up, making it hard to talk without his voice breaking yet he somehow managed it. "I love you Nat. From the moment we met all those years ago in that park on Tyren I knew my life would be different. Now here we are, veterans of two or three genocide attempts with a kid on the way."

"Leon..." Natalia's voice sounded worried and her next words reflected he thoughts. "Why does this sound like you're saying goodbye?"

Leon ignored that and went on. "You remember our first Valentines day? You kissed me because you said that's what a girl does to her boyfriend. I still dream about that day Nat, still dream about the first time you called me you're boyfriend. I don't think I'd ever been as happy as I was then until you told me that you were pregnant... That was the best day of my life Nat."

"Leon, stop- I don't know what you're about to do but stop!" Natalia pleaded with him her voice breaking up now as she fought her way through the tears. "Don't do something that'll get yourself killed!"

"You saved my life that day Nat." Leon said still ignoring  her pleas for him to stop what he was about to do. "And I'm not just talking about when I fought with Vega, or with Skorge, I mean the day in Devi-Park when a little girl dressed in expensive clothes walked up to a lonely boy on a bench and offered to share her ice cream with him. You saved my life that day Nat by giving me the one thing that I wanted more than anything... A family."

Leon blinked through the watery vision he was getting as Legion finally got a hold of Carny and was beating him to a pulp, while Carny continued to try and fight back despite the brutal beating. Finally Leon got to his feet and ignoring the dizzying feeling he got from doing so he started running at Legion. As he did he made sure to project all the happiest times he'd spent with Natalia to her, and somehow he felt that Quinn was projecting these images to everyone else so he made sure to include memories of Nick, Lauren, Roy, Carny, and Crystal along with the ones of Natalia. All of them accumulating not with a memory per say, but rather a fantasy of the day that all this mess had interrupted. The day that Leon was finally going to propose to Natalia.

He felt the cool tears flowing down his cheeks as he ran at Legion who had dropped a beaten and bloody Carny to the ground and had turned his sights back on Leon. He was almost with in striking distance when he finally screamed at the top of his lungs. "And that's why I'll do anything to keep you guys safe!"

Legion roared in response, taking a massive swipe that could've probably taken Leon's head off had he not ducked it and popped back up in the curve of Legion's arm. With the only arm that Leon had he grabbed hold of Legion's arm and using his entire body to turn he spun around dragging Legion large body with him before he launched him so high into the sky that he wasn't even a dot against the moon anymore. Leon kept on turning his entire body lighting up with a bright red aura as he got into a crouch before he jumped after Legion, the ground beneath him shattering with the force he used to get going.

As he flew through the cold night air, shooting well passed the tallest buildings toward Legion he could feel Natalia's heart breaking. Quinn figured out what he was doing and was keeping them linked for as long as he could. He thanked Quinn and asked him if he could make Natalia feel as though she were being hugged by Leon now. The small demon didn't respond but he didn't have to because Leon suddenly felt as if he were locked tightly in Natalia's embrace right now so he knew that she felt the same way.

"I'm sorry-" Leon said his voice finally breaking as his lip began to tremble, he could hear the sounds of Natalia sobbing and he could even feel her head burying itself in the nap of his neck like she had done when she learned he was being deported. Leon closed his eyes and he could see Natalia pressed against him as if she were really there. That's when he broke and let out a sob before he spoke. "I'm sorry Nat-" He sobbed as the air grew colder and thinner as he continued to fly up passed the clouds and finally Legion was in sight again. "I don't want to leave you two alone in this world... I wanted to see out child born, wanted to see them explore the world, feel love for the first time. But I can't do that and make this world safe for you two at the same time!"

"Leon..!" Natalia's voice screamed. "Don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry Nat..." Leon said his throat closing on him again as the air was now getting too thin to breathe. "I'm sorry that I'm doing this to you... I'm sorry that I'll never meet our baby so let me leave them one thing. I had a name picked out for a while now..." Leon let out a half hearted chuckle before he went on. "It's unisexual so it doesn't matter what we have. I know it sucks but can you give them the name please?"

After several more heart breaking sobs Natalia promised that she would. Leon sighed and another smile splayed across his face as he relayed the name to Natalia. She let out a half hearted laugh and said that he would pick a name like that, but agreed that it was a good name and promised that she would give their child the name.

"Thank you." Leon said as he finally began to slow down while Legion was already starting to come down towards him. Leon told Natalia how much he loved her one more time which got the tears rolling again for both of them. He told Quinn to relay his thoughts for everyone else since he was sure that he'd read his mind, but he only wanted to talk with Natalia for his last moments. Quinn assured him that he'd make sure the others would get their messages.

And with that Leon's climb passed the clouds finally ended and as he started to fall Legion was diving at him with a savage look on his face. Leon closed his eyes and smiled at the monster before he spoke one more time. "I kinda wish I knew you before you turned into this Legion!" The monster snarled in response. "Maybe we could've been friends. You sure made a hell of an opponent, I'm glad you were my last fight Legion!"

The other demon stared at Leon as it wound up its fist to try and hit him and even thought Leon knew he didn't, he kind of thought that Legion understood him somewhere in that shattered mind of his. "But...this is where it ends."

Leon through out his arm and spread his legs just a bit for a wider stance and began to yell to the heavens. As he did the red aura around him grew more and more brilliant until it was suddenly too bright to even look at. Legion let out a roar to match Leon's and threw the final punch just as Leon stopped his roar and with a smile on his face he said one last word.

"Bang..."

~*~*~*~

The instant contact was made, between the two there was a flash so blindingly bright that everyone from miles away could see it. Kayos and all the others that were on the ground had to shield their eyes, cutting off their moments of heart break. By the time Kayos was able to look back up he saw what looked to him like the sun had reappeared, it was still hard to look at but he had to. His sun had just made the ultimate sacrifice to save his family from this monster, a beast that the likes of him should never have had to even encounter.

As he looked up Kayos saw that all the clouds that had once adorned the night sky had been completely obliterated. Leaving the once indigo sky a bright scarlet exactly like the one his vision had shown him. Kayos let out a sob as he continued to look up at the red sun-like orb that'd appeared in the sky, all the others like him were looking through a veil of tears. That's when Quinn startled them all.

"Everybody get under something!"

Kayos turned to look at the small demon but as he was doing that he saw out of the corner of his eye he saw the tops of buildings being practically vaporized. Kayos' eyes grew wide with panic at the realization of Leon's last ditch effort to kill Legion was too strong. The force of the blast alone was crushing buildings with such force that it looked like they were disintegrating. Turning to look at the Natalia, Royce, Lauren, Carny, and Crystal, the five people most important to Leon he threw himself in front of the blast knowing full well that even with his body between them this force would likely crush them all.

But then just like that the light was blocked out and Kayos found himself swallowed by a darkness so thick it was almost like it had a weight to it. Not even a moment later did he here an absolutely deafening boom the likes of which Kayos had nothing to compare it too even with the muffling of whatever had covered them. Kayos looked up and saw cracks appear all along the darkness until it shattered leaving Kayos to look up a blood red sky above. What was that he wondered until looking around at the literally flattened earth, and found that Typhon's younger brother Omen had reappeared with the androids and the other S-classes. He'd saved them he thought to himself as he looked back up at the blast that Leon had made.

Kayos gritted his teeth and hit the ground as hard as he could, but they were too late! If they'd been here a few moments earlier than they could've fought and killed Legion and Leon would still be alive!

He was snapped out of his rage though by the sound of Natalia letting out a scream, making them all turn to look at her as she fell to her knees. She was screaming her grief to the heavens and there wasn't a thing that any of them could do to comfort her. They may have won, they may have managed to finally kill Legion the Beast From the End... but at what cost to them.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1M 61.5K 45
The Enforcers are up against a formidable foe who has more planned than just the elimination of some wolves. The whole supernatural and natural world...
21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
55K 1.1K 32
"I'll make a deal with you"I said smiling sadisticly and slowly walking towards him. "wh-who are you"the Alpha said. "Oh you know your usual run in d...
360 14 30
Ten years ago every creature, myth, and legend that you can think of, and some you have never heard of, decided to stop hiding and started attacking...