Demon Bride

By WhiteYue

A haunted past can lead to many things. Lestaria had lived more than two hundred years, self preserving, as a... More

A Vampiress's Tale
Distant memory
Time of remembrance
Siren's summon
Sibling's dispute
The temptation
Rising to the surface
The first beat

Uncle agony

104 4 1
By WhiteYue

UNEDITED LIKE YOU CAN'T IMAGINE~~actually you can. 

Chapter five 

"I refuse to step into his horrid house and tolerate his horrid sense of humor and pretty much his presence." I crossed my arms and thrusted out my chin in stubbornness. Irritation oozed out of Lester such like a waterfall. He stood behind me and began to push, i dug my heels into the dirt. 

His muscles strained to force me forward. "I told you, it would be just a moment!" He snarled. 

"I'm not comfortable even for a moment." 

"The sooner we enter. the sooner we leave." He tried to persuade me. It occurred to me he is correct but unlike him, i find my tolerance thinning  considerably every time i spend time with Uncle Arthur. He sucks the undead energy out of me.

"No. You enter while i stay here where i am more at ease." Actually i find graveyards to be quite dull and well, lifeless. That's right, Uncle Arthur resides in a graveyard. Under the graveyard to be exact. He had a tunnel dug thirty feet under the surface, where he had then reconstruct and built a sturdier foundation after a terrible mishap where the tunnel collapsed due to dodgy planning. Well, no one could blame it, it was two hundred years old when it collapsed. 

Uncle Arthur had it dug when he was just a fledgling. It wasn't even a graveyard in the first place. Uncle Arthur owned the whole land and lost it after eight hundred years. He had no more heirs so the land was claimed by the government, his last multiple-grands-child had died in a horse accident. Uncle Arthur threw a fit about it.  

We were unlucky enough to be his last family members. 

"Sister you leave me no choice...I will...drink all the blood supply only leaving you the AB positives." I gasped. Very human like and perfectly dramatized. He had stop pushing me like i was some boulder. 

"You know well that i hate that cheap tasting blood!" I shuddered. The taste is murky and distasteful.  The color less vibrant and the texture is just....everything is just wrong. It was bad enough most humans had that blood group but to force it down my throat? I don't think so. 

"You are  such a troll." I narrowed my eyes, leading Lester to Uncle Arthur's grave. Or in this case, the door to his residence. 

I stomped my foot on top of it, preferably with gusto. Imagining it was Uncle Arthur's head. 

"Alright! Alright! What's with the racket?! Shesh!" A rectangular hole started to appear. Lester jumped in after me and we fell thirty feet under the surface, it was a long wait. Nearing the bottom, we bent our knees and landed on the balls of our feet. We could just landed with our legs straight as a ruler but we would've had to brace for the spine crippling pain it would inflict. If a fledgling did so, he would've had his knee lodged into his throat. 

"Oh my nephew and niece! How nice of you to visit your old wrinkling uncle." He snorted, stepping out of the shadows and revealing a thirty year old something man with dark black hair and our family's signature turquoise eyes. He wore a black Armani suit and a blood red tie to match. his collar was unbuttoned and the tie loose. 

"A busy day uncle?" I greeted. Now, to get this over with. 

"How nice of my little niece to care. Well, not all millennium old vampires get to enjoy retirement." There is no such thing as retirement. The only thing that can get you out of duty to the race is death.

"We have come for help." Lester approached uncle. 

"Let's talk somewhere more comfortable, shall we?" He disappeared. Lester and I both knew he had dematerialized to his study. We followed suit. We seated ourselves once we materialized to his study. 

"Drink?" He offers.

"You know i don't drink uncle." I now know why humans like to roll their eyes. It brings satisfaction. Lester politely declined, preferring to get right into the topic of discussion. Uncle Arthur poured himself a glass of whiskey, taking a deep whiff of it's smell before taking a sip. "Ah, nothing like well aged whiskey. It brings me back to the old days." He finally seated himself in his large chair behind his mahogany desk.

"Right, talk." 

"I fear it is not something we can discuss out loud, if i may?"  For a vampire as old as Uncle Arthur, he has a much stronger mind shield than normal vampires. We cannot penetrate through his mind forcefully but instead ask permission so that he will let us in. 

It concerns a demon. Lester started and uncle looks up from his glass to us. 

It has been a while since i saw a demon.

I believe a demon had...perhaps bonded with Lestaria. This evoked booming laughter from Uncle Arthur as he struggled to hold it in. I find myself gritting my teeth even though, i'm not exactly sure what Lester meant. 

Oh, she humors me, she does! 

I'm glad to be the item of your amusement, uncle. 

Forgive me child, this is too hilarious. You really know how to choose em'.

Again...glad. 

Where is the evidence? No possessive demon will leave his bonded without a mark. That is against a demon's nature much like a tail less mermaid, freak of the sea. Lester nudged my arm and I reluctantly uncovered my neck that has been concealed by a scarf. 

You got a very possessive one, child.

I am two hundred years old uncle, hardly a child.

Oh still have your mother's temper i see. She caused me hell with that temper of hers. 

I would LOVE to follow in her footsteps. I scowled. 

It is more advanced for a pre-mark. Do you see how the lines are unfinished? It is only beginning to form. How long did you get this mark?

Yesterday night.

In a dream i suppose?

Well...yes.

Demons lurk in dreams so he might have tried to summon you by a dream. I certainly felt the pull and the urge to go towards the voice. I wouldn't have managed to resist if it wasn't for my inner vampire thrashing around in pain. 

I believe so.

I would advice you not to go through with that. Follow him once, next thing you know, you're in hell. Literally in hell and he could summon you to him at will, anytime and anywhere, you can't even say no. Just poof, welcome to hell.

How do we stop him? Lester asked.

You most likely can't. One of the options is you don't sleep but I hate to have a sleep deprived niece, with that temper of yours. The other one is you summon him instead of him summoning you. Demon bonding is a lot like werewolves in terms of mates. He won't hurt you but you are pretty much stuck with a possessive demon forever. You can get him stay on earth than him getting you stay in hell. 

There's no other way? Like a way to break the bond? Lester gripped my hand, very worried. 

Nope, it doesn't work that way boy. Believe me, i lived for a loooong time, some had tried and all failed miserably. You can't undo work of nature, fate, destiny, whatever that lady is called. But hey, on the bright side, i get a demon for a nephew in law! Those suckers are notorious in gambling. 

Lester sighed, finally feeling what I had to deal with. A loony uncle. 

"So what now?" I asked Lester. 

"We get that demon boy of yours on our side." I frowned, great, it runs in the family. Uncle Arthur is such a bad influence. I glared at him as he happily refilled his glass. 

How do we summon him? I asked uncle. He paused pouring his prized liquor. 

Contrary to human belief, you can't summon them so those pentagram thingies are useless. They decide when they want to appear. Oh and i believe your question is how do you lure him out? He grinned like a maniac, rubbing his hands together, conspiratorially.

The answer is very simple. He's a demon and you, my lovely niece is a fine piece of vampire. Demons are stalkers, in fact, he must be here right now trying to eavesdrop and stare at you like a weirdo. Demons are also very in tune with the seven deadly sins. Lust being one of it making him one hell of a pervert. Figure it out. 

YOU WANT HER TO SEDUCE HIM? Lester's eyeballs were about to pop out of his head and roll over the expensive rug. 

Subtly! Shesh! It's not really seduction if he's horny for her all the time, is it?

That made Lester's eyes grow larger if possible. I can see the information was going to make him explode. I softly placed my hand on his arm and sent soothing thought to him that could tame his inner vampire. It works but the anger still burn bright.

"I believe we stayed long enough." I pulled Lester with me and we walked back to the entrance with Uncle Arthur a step behind us. Lester can't dematerialize when he is too angry. I turned to uncle and softly place a kiss on his cheek. "We will visit you soon."

"With half babies!" He teased and i frowned and slapped his arm. I walked back to Lester. "Next time, children, don't wait too long to visit me. An old man feels a bit lonely after a century." As much as i can't tolerate Uncle Arthur, he still is family and we care about him.

"I will see to it." I said before jumping upwards, using my heightened strength. I landed on the soft dirt. The moon is really bright tonight, i noticed. "Come on brother, we still have to add finishing touches to tomorrow night's party."

"I'm sure it will be amazing"

"I don't think i have to say this because you will undoubtedly win the game tomorrow but good luck." I wrapper my arm around his waist and he rested his arm around my shoulders as we walked back home like we didn't just went to the cemetery in the dead middle of the night two towns over. 

There was still that stalking demon thing hanging over our heads. 

_______________________________________________

Who thought that Uncle Arthur is a bit wacky? 

Or is it just me? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 6.3K 48
My body sank down as water ran into my body through my nostrils and mouth. I hanged on, keeping my eyes open and hoping for a miracle. A glowing form...
3.9K 50 4
πŒπ€π‘π‹π„π˜ π–πˆππ‚π‡π„π’π“π„π‘ is the daughter of John Winchester, half-sister of Sam and Dean Winchester. Her mother remains unknown, mainly beca...
1.3K 115 18
He wasn't supposed to be born, but his life was saved to be a blessing, now it seems like it's a curse. Beast, monster, heartless, cruel, pure evil...
4.6K 162 12
π…π¨π«π π’π―πžπ§πžπ¬π¬. The action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ π—œπ—» π˜„π—΅π—Άπ—°π—΅ a kind soul mends the broken one...