Rising to the surface

UNEDITED cause its too damn late for me to start editing, i left that train a looong time ago. So there will be errors but keep in mind, its easy to correct them. Might be some mispelled words or an error in word arrangements. There might even be some words missing. i mean, you read at your own risk right? Like those eighteen under year olds that read restricted chapters even though they're underged cause they don't care. It's like that.

Pfft, we ALL know they ignore those warnings.

Omg, i'm stalling, go ahead then, just ignore me. I had one cup of coffee too many. (btw, i was reading some of this stories's past chapters and i noticed how awkward wrote it out. I'm like totally embarrassed now!)

Chapter seven

People come in and out of our lives, some with warning and some just crashing in without a sound. The first safer than the later. It took me two hundred years before i really understood the meaning of life but with it comes heartache. When I met Jeremy, he was the sole happiness in my life. He brought light, life and peace into the thunderstorm that is my existence.

For months, i kept him a secret from my brother and he vice versa to his family. He gave me back my heartbeat, air and...humanity. Those that i lost after my transition. With him, the grass did seem greener on the other side. And it was beautiful. I could feel, could love freely, could...think...about my actions and its consequences.

I was cherished. I was loved.

But vampirism isn't wholly a curse, its my way of life. Its a species. My kind, my family. All that i have ever known. Who i was born to be, who i really am. I can't change my inner vampire.

Hence, it led to an unfortunate end.

Quiet, serenity... if death felt like this then, i don't mind dying. I was lulled deeper and deeper into my unconsciousness by faint sound of waves, my body riding on slow and gentle waves in a familiar, constant rhythm much like a heartbeat. It was washing me away. Drifting me off into a darker realm.

I slowly opened my eyes...Water. I was underwater.

Is this a dream? I can't recall the last time i dreamt of something unrelated to Jeremy. It has been so long...he was all i ever think about. I find my dream to be mysterious and...cold. I can feel the cold? I blinked, i wanted to move other parts of my body to swim and rise to the surface.

I find it impossible. My body felt paralyzed and foreign. What is that sound? Distant and hazy but familiar, very familiar. Someone is talking?

My mouth trembled, the effort i'm making to talk. It would appear that i cannot speak, cannot move, cannot escape. Funny, i don't feel like escaping. I was fine, drifting away for eternity. Its not like i can die anyway. Its pointless spending my immortal life on earth among the humans. They are pathetic and tiring. Just earlier i spend the entire day making sure everything was perfect for a human occasion...a party worthy of my brother's name...

My...brother? Lester? I...I have to..go. He will be worried. I must go back...