Living on a Few Wishes //Baja...

By RachelKyG

As if it were a miracle, Ray is transported back to Earth but awakens to a world she's very unfamiliar with... More

Prolouge
The Luna Motel
Introductions to Team Crafted
Truth or Dare
WTF? Too Crazy
Dinner YUM!
He's DEAD?
Day at the Mall
The Argument
Talent Show Part 1
Talent Show Part 2
Talent Show Part 3
Love Conquers All
Intervention and a New Surprise
Dealing in Pain
Enderman
Off With the Wedding!
Therapy with Doctor Neil
Catch the Betty with My Homegirls
Bacca Wedding
I Have A Little Secret You Wanna Know
Revelation During a Wedding
Hunger Games with a Twist
The Rescue
Introductions to Lilly
Happy Gamers, Serious Rebels
Surprise!
Don't You Want Me? Part 1
Don't You Want Me? Part 2
Decisions
Benja Wedding
Beauty and the Beast
Discovery
Ashley the Antagonized
Reunited
Pear-ific!
Like a Movie
The Date
Flashbacks
Living on a Dream - Finale
Reminder
Dreams!

Acceptance

240 5 0
By RachelKyG

Ray POV

Another song begun playing on the stereo. This time Fia was singing, so I got to relax a bit.

"Maybe I'm wrong, you decide

Should've been strong, yeah I lied

Nobody gets me like...you"

I heard a buzzing on the table next to me, eventually reaching out my right hand. I let it search for the object until I took hold of my cell phone. Glancing down at the screen, I noticed an unfamiliar number, but I decided to answer it anyways, sliding my finger over the screen to pick up the call.

"Couldn't keep hold of you then

How could I know what you meant?

There was nothing to compare to"

"Hello?" I questioned, slightly nervous.

"Rachael Anderson?" a familiar voice asked.

"Who is this?"

"Charles Clarkson."

"Wait… Clarkson?"

There's a mountain between us

But there's one thing I'm sure of

That I know how I feel about you"

The man's voice chuckled on the other side of the line, "Yes, Clarkson. From the performing arts department of UCLA."

"UCLA?!" I widened my eyes in shock, almost jumping up from my chair. Realizing I screamed, I cautiously glared around me, surprised that no one noticed, "How…? I thought your last name was Carson."

"I suppose you heard it incorrectly. My name is Charles Clarkson. My niece told me about your talent. I remember talking to you a few years ago."

"Can we bring yesterday back around?

Cause I know how I feel about you now

I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down

But I know how I feel about you now"

"Who's your niece… May I ask?"

"Her name is Lilly. She said you visited her when my father passed."

"Oh… I'm sorry for your loss. And yes, my brother and I traveled to Seattle. I had this incident… but that's solved now."

"All that it takes, one more chance

Don't let our next kiss be our last

I'm out of my mind, just to show you

I know everything changes

I don't care where it takes us

Cause I know how I feel about you"

"That's good to hear. I saw a video of your Hunger Games? Did I say that correctly?"

"Yes, you did."

"Lilly showed me one where you sang. It's very good in fact. I would just like to invite you to attend a program in Los Angeles for those in the theater business. Will you be okay with this?"

"Yes! Yes! I won't let you down this time, Mr. Clarkson! I swear!"

Can we bring yesterday back around?

Cause I know how I feel about you now

I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down

But I know how I feel about you now"

"Alright…" Mr. Clarkson laughed again, "I believe you're very excited about this."

I clenched the hand not carrying my phone, "Not to be a little over-obsessive, but I've been dreaming of joining your program since I was in the fifth grade."

"Not a day, pass me by

Not a day, pass me by

When I don't think about you

And there's no moving on

Cause I know you're the one

And I can't be without you"

I paused for a moment before continuing, "Can you say hello to Lilly if you have the chance. I would love to talk to her again."

"I'll do that for you."

"Thank you so much Mr. Clarkson. It means a lot to me."

"Can we bring yesterday back around?

Cause I know how I feel about you now

I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down

But I know how I feel about you now

Yeah I know how I feel about you now"

"No problem."

Before he hung up, I remembered something, "Wait!"

"Yes?"

I bit my lip and glanced up, hoping that Mr. Clarkson wouldn't take my next comment the wrong way, "Please don't sign me up as Rachael Anderson. It's Rachael Hughes."

"Congratulations, Mrs. Hughes." And with that, the phone disconnected my call. I sighed with joyous relief and leaned back on my floral decorated chair, letting my long brown hair flow over the back of it.

Jerome, who sat to my right, tapped me on the shoulder, "Who was on the phone?"

"No one…" I groaned, a mischievous grin appearing on my face.

"Who was it?" Jerome begun to create one of those derpy faces I always laughed at. When I attempted to ignore him, the bacca continued to move his chair closer to mine.  getting in my face, "Who was it? Who was it? Who was it?"

"Jerome!" I burst, whispering, finally turning towards him, "It was the guy from UCLA. He wants me in that theater program. Don't tell Mitch. I want to be the one…"

"Mitch!" I covered my ears as soon as Jerome's voice rang out, "Guess what biggums?!"

Mitch tiredly glanced over his shoulder to find Jerome flailing his arms high above his head to get Mitch's attention even though his friend sat two seats away.

"What, Jerome?" Mitch chuckled, exhausted from a long day.

"Ray got accepted in UCLA again!"

Mitch faced forward for a moment, then spinning his chair to face me. He immediately kissed me on the lips.

"Ray! You got into college! The school you always wanted to go!" Mitch announced, excited, "But… it's in Los Angeles."

Jerome answered for me, "We move to LA!"

"Move?"

I hesitantly nodded and patted Mitch on the shoulder, "I know it'll be hard to move away from here. It's beautiful in Washington. But if you want me to be happy, please come with me to Cali."

Mitch sighed, a smile appearing, "Sure. I just have to persuade the guys to come too."

"Team Crafted is coming?!" I questioned, a bit frightened.

"No worries, Ray. If we do move to LA, we have combined money to buy a nice house so we can all live in it."

"Okay. I suppose." I rolled my eyes, "Nice house means more boys living in it."

"You'll have their girlfriends to spend time with. It's not like they're not coming too." Mitch peered over my shoulder to find Carter spacing out, "Carter!"

My friend snapped out of whatever daydream she was in and replied in a sarcastically sweet voice, showing off her teeth, "What is it, Mitch?"

"Wanna move to LA with us? Ray got accepted into UCLA."

Carter high-fived me, "Good going girl! And of course I want to live in LA! The place where all your dreams come true?! You betcha!"

"Well…" Mitch whispered in my ear, "We've got one girl. Happy now?"

I smirked, "Sure, Benj."

Off to the side, Fia cleaned up the audio set-up for the singing while Adam chatted with Ty and Jason. Occasionally, she would glance over at Adam and smile while looking at her activity. I sighed and looked to Mitch.

"I'll be right back," I told him, standing up from my chair and slowly walked over to Jason, Ty, and Adam. Fia noticed me and perked up, wondering what I was doing. She shrugged and sighed, retuning to wrapping the microphone in its wire.

I slowly tapped Jason on the shoulder. He turned his head to face me.

"Hi Ray. What's up?" Jason asked, smiling.

"Can I talk to Adam?" I sweetly questioned.

Jason nodded and motioned Ty to head over to talk to someone else.

Adam chuckled, "Those guys…" He looked to me, "So… what'd you want?"

"Um… I know you still like me more than a friend." I crossed my arms.

"Why are we talking about this?" Adam asked, his cheery smile quickly fading away.

"Cause I want to. It's my wedding day and I know someone who likes you."

"Who?" He tilted his head, oblivious to my attempts.

I groaned and rolled my eyes, "Isn't it obvious? If you knew, you could've already talked to her and asked her on a date!"

"Ray, who is it?"

"I'm not telling you. I made a promise. She has to do everything else. But you… have to cooperate and not ignore every motion she gives to you!"

"Is it Fia?"

I became extremely silent, not moving an inch.

Adam sighed, his smile returning, "It's Fia, isn't it? And by the way, I haven't been ignoring it."

"Then what have you been doing?!" I annoyingly exclaimed.

"I… I… like her too… but… I'm a guy! I don't just ask girls on a date! I fear rejection."

I shook my head, "She definitely won't reject you. I promise."

"You promise?"

"Just as long as you ditch every single non-friendly feeling for me."

"Deal. But of course we're friends, right?"

"Didn't I make that obvious?"

Adam chuckled and held out his right hand pinky. I grinned and took mine and wrapped it around his. I pulled mine out of his after a few seconds.

"Go and get her, tiger," I growled, smirking. Adam burst out laughing and jogged over to Fia, who looked to me in absolute shock.

"Fia," Adam questioned, holding one of Fia's hands. She dropped the microphone and glanced up into Adam's eyes, "Will you go to dinner with me?"

"Uh… sure." Fia replied, staring at him blankly while taking looks at me. I shrugged. Adam kissed my friend on her cheek and then ran off. Fia stood in her place, still as a rock. I walked over to her.

"So… I could help?" I asked.

"I was going to give him a picture I drew."

"Well, you can do that on your date. Make it less creepy."

"Okay, I hear ya, you crazy pineapple."

I laughed, holding onto Fia's shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 404 68
Jordan is back in this second book! She is faced with heartbreaking decisions and things that could destroy her relationship and possibly her life! J...
195K 4.9K 41
Meet DJ. She's a 17-year-old girl who lives with Mitch who is also known as the BajanCanadian in Team Crafted. He invites his other mates in Team Cra...
9.7K 214 49
Katlyn Lives in Massachusetts, Usa. She dreams to escape in which she does, finally seeing her brother after 3 years without contact. Somethings chan...
61.1K 2.9K 84
(Los Santos Series #1 || When Ray Mond graduated college, she decided to follow her brother to another city named Los Santos after the divorce of the...