Soul Mates AU (Heroes of Olym...

By ThePearlOfTheSea

Everyone gets a tattoo on their upper arm, right below their shoulder. It just appears there one day, and doe... More

Percy
Annabeth
Jason
Piper
Nico
Will
Frank
Hazel
Leo
Calypso
Flying Mops and New Friends
Dodgeball Probably Isn't Deadly
Travis, What Did You Do?
I'm So Sorry
Defying Gravity
Go Take 5 Laps!
You Didn't Kill Any of Them, Did You?
Important!
I'm Not That Fortunate
Waterbrooke
So Who Hit Him?
Not A Chapter
Percy's Glasses
Room 211
Closets and Klutzes
Travis Plays a Prank and Percy Becomes a Puppy
I'm Finished
Travis' Bag O' Fun
Katie's Tattoo
Will and Nico Stay in The Closet
Sleepover at Rachel's
Shall I Kicketh Your Butt?
Question
Never Have I Ever
I, Uh, Gods, Um....
Kelli
Make Your Life Miserable
Leo's Return
Piper's Journal Entries
Breaking Point
I Care About You
I Got Tagged!
Tell Me More!
Aw, Travis!
Something's Up
COVER CONTEST!
COVER CONTEST SUBMIT
Study Date?
RESULTS!
The Struggle is REAL

Did You Disassemble Your Desk?

16.4K 415 758
By ThePearlOfTheSea

(Jason's POV)

Well, whooping Luke was fun.

Travis had to get a wrap/brace on his wrist, which he sprained. Grrrr.

Anyway, when Piper hurled that dodgeball at Drew, I was impressed.

I've always had a little crush on her, but she's really popular. I'm kinda average, and she probably wouldn't consider me.

I look at her subtly, and then gasp a little under my breath.

Is she....? Yeah, she definitely is.

She is wearing a white feather on a leather string in her hair.

Could it be my tattoo feather?

Probably not.

Ok, maybe. Now I really want to get to know her better. What if it is the same feather?

I grab my binder from the locker room, and lug it down to History. One of my least favorite subjects.

I waltz into the room, and plop my binder down onto one of the desks in the back. There isn't a seating chart, so everyone quickly groups together with their friends.

Leo Valdez walks in, and Percy told me about him. He sounds pretty awesome. Since I don't have many other friends in class, I invite him over to sit with me.

He drops his binder on the table to my right, and flashes me his signature mischievous grin. "This hour sounds like it could use some funnifying, you up for it?"

"Heck, yeah!"

"Splendid."

Then, right before the bell rings, a girl with chestnut colored hair rushes into the room. I notice her hair immediately because it is braided in all kinds of complex ways, but it looks nice.

She surveys the room, and sees that the only empty seat is to my left. So she walks over to me and sets her stuff down.

"Hey, I'm Jason."

"Calypso."

"That's unique, is it foreign?"

"Yeah, I'm Greek.... Valdez, what are you looking at?" She says exasperatedly, looking back behind me.

Leo chuckles and shrugs. "I don't know. But, I hope I don't bother you because you're stuck with us all hour," he says smoothly with a glint in his eye.

She rolls her eyes, then turns her attention to the front of the room where the teacher stands up to address the class.

"Hello class, my name is Mr. Loretzki. Today, we will simply talk about my class policies. After all, our time together has just begun."

The hour drags on. And on. And on. And on. And on. And on.

Mr. Loretzki is nice.... But he drones on and on forever with absolutely no emotion.

Leo and I make paper airplanes, play table football, and make origami (well, he does. I try so hard. But I fail miserably). Mr. Loretzki doesn't even notice any of it. The entire class is watching us in a desperate need of entertainment.

Calypso rolls her eyes at us, but is smiling.

Eventually, we start making farting noises in the back of the room, and blaming it on Mr. Loretzki.

He starts getting really frustrated, and can't tell who is doing it.

"Real mature, guys," Calypso says with a giggle.

"PPPPPPPHHHHFFFFTTTT!" Leo replies, letting his lips flap for the desired affect.

"Who was that?! I don't care if it is the first day of school, if I catch the noise maker than I will see to it that they are put in detention!"

"Does he seriously expect us to turn ourselves in after he just said he would give us detention?" I say, mentally facepalming.

"Yeah, wow," Leo says with a short, quiet laugh. Calypso laughs along with us, though a little cautious at first.

After awhile, we get bored and zone out. Leo starts absentmindedly fiddling around with a wrench that he pulled out of his pocket. Who carries a wrench in their pocket?

Calypso looks at him in shock, freezing for a split second before quickly returning her attention back to Mr. Loretzki.

In about three minutes, Leo was cradling hundreds of pieces, screws and bolts. "Dude, did you disassemble your desk?!"

Leo nods and grins, making sure not to drop anything that would make a noise. Calypso and I facepalm, though I'm impressed with his handiwork.

"Class dismissed!"

Leo drops his desk and makes a run for it. The pieces clatter to the floor, and Mr. Loretzki groans, walking to the back to reassemble it.

I go to one more boring class after that, before heading into lunch.

As the start-of-lunch bell rings, the hallways flood with people fighting to get to their lockers.

Annabeth elbows through me on her way, with Hazel trailing behind. Yeeesh.

I step up to my locker and start putting in the combination. When I'm done, I pull up on the little handle, but with no avail. I try putting my combo in again, and fail again.

Ugh, the dang thing won't open. I try three more times before giving up and deciding to ask for help.

I scan the hallway, looking for someone I know. Fortunately, I spot my sister, Thalia, talking in a group across the hall.

"Thaliaaaaaaaaaaa I need heeeeeeelp," I whine, making sure to be extra dramatic. She rolls her eyes, and her pose follows her over to me.

Her pose consists of Annabeth, Hazel, and Clarisse. "Ugh, this is the third time today!" Thalia groans. Hazel giggles a little, but Annabeth stays stone faced.

Thalia twist in my combination, and, of course, she gets it open on the first try. Sigh.

"Thanks," I say, yanking out my lunch box and shutting my locker. We head down to the cafeteria, and I see Percy sitting at one of the back lunch tables with Nico, Leo, Reyna, Connor and Travis Stoll, and Calypso.

I go sit down next to Percy, and Thalia and her friends file in and fill the rest of the table. Annabeth doesn't look too happy about sitting with us, but Thalia and Hazel are pretty much all she's got.

"Hey man!" Percy says, high-fiving me. "'Sup bro."

Literally everyone at the table rolls their eyes. "Your bromance is sickening," Clarisse says, making a face.

"Thanks!"

I rip into my lunch box, pulling out my food. Man, am I starving.

I eat my sandwich contentedly while about three different conversations are going on around me.

On one end of the table-

"Uh, Annabeth? What's the square root of 144?" Hazel asks, looking up at Annabeth. She is doing her HW now so she can relax later. Smart.

"12," Annabeth answers immediately.

"Ugh, the power of products property is killing me!" Hazel groans.

"Hey, I can help you if you want," Percy pipes up. Annabeth looks at him like he's an alien, but Hazel smiles nods.

"You're familiar with the power of products property?" Annabeth asks.

"Um, yeah! I learned that in 9th grade Algebra. I guess I'm not as stupid as you expected, huh?" Percy says with an edge.

Annabeth just rolls her eyes and Percy goes back to his food. Hazel materializes next to him, and he smiles and talks to her.

At the other end of the table-

"I DO NOT."

"Aw, come on Nico. It's okay to have human feelings," Clarisse says exasperatedly.

"I DO NOT LIKE HIM. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM," Nico says stubbornly, and Clarisse and Reyna both roll their eyes.

"Nico. You guys would be pretty adorable, and don't even try and say you don't know him. Even though you don't talk to him, he is still in 4 of your classes!" Reyna says exasperatedly.

"You like him," Clarisse laughs at Nico's blush.

"No."

"Why don't we call him now? WI-"

Nico shoves a hand over her mouth. "Okay, okay. You win."

In case you hadn't caught on, Nico is gay. He came out to us a few days ago, after Percy had introduced him and he began to warm up to us all.

The third conversation is next to me-

"Mmmmrrrppphhh....."

"Come on, one more!"

"DO IT."

I look to see that Connor's mouth is stuffed with grapes, and Leo and Travis are egging him on. Calypso and Thalia roll their eyes, but do nothing to stop it. Thalia seems to enjoy it, actually.

Calypso even hands them more grapes!

"16! That's a new record!" Travis shouts, and Connor runs up to the lunch counter for a paper bag to spit them all into.

Leo fist bumps Calypso, and Thalia smirks. Uh oh. She's shipping them now. I've seen that mischievous glint in her eyes far too many times.

"Oh, guys! Are any of you going to the school social?" Hazel asks everyone.

"When is it?"

"It's on Friday, and I think it would be fun! There will be plenty to do, and we can hang with the school!" Hazel says happily.

"Yeah, that's gonna be a polite pass," Nico says, crossing his arms.

Percy chuckles. "Well, I think it would be fun. I'm with you, Hazel."

Thalia shrugs "I guess we could give it a go." Annabeth nods, and Leo and the Stolls nod evilly.

"I think that would be very fun," Connor says, and Leo nods.

"I have a few ideas," Travis says with a smirk, and they all start laughing.

"I think we're all going," I say. "It'll be fun. I'm in."

Nico shakes his head, grumbling.

"Nico, you're going and there is nothing you can do about it. If you have a problem with that, fight me," Reyna says pointedly, and Nico sighs.

"Ugh, fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 442 18
Everyone, even mortals, has a soulmate. It's the person you are destined to be with. To prove it, you get a tattoo at midnight on your 15th birthday...
1.6M 19.7K 39
(!!) COMPLETE (!!) Yes, this is another cliche story. However, cliches are only popular because they're fun to read, therefore I have no shame. This...
227K 4.9K 58
He doesn't trust She trusts too much ~~~~~~~ He gets too much care She isn't cared about ~~~~~~~ He isn't supposed to be scared She is...
252K 4.1K 15
Everyone has their soulmate's name tattoed on their back. AU, where there are only Greek gods but two camps. Annabeth went to the camp in San Fransi...