45 Days to Save the Bad Boy

By AwesomeMC

Georgie Talbot is a nerd. She gets bullied daily, but does nothing to stop it. One day, a creepy man who is... More

45 Days to Save the Bad Boy
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Epilogue
Fun Facts! *May contain spoilers*

Nine

51.4K 1.6K 367
By AwesomeMC

The rest of the week went well.  I brought Ms. Scott cookies on Wednesday, and they weren’t even a little burnt.  She loved them.  For lunch on Wednesday the gang brought me to McDonalds.  I’d never been outside of school for lunch before.  Thursday I braved the outdoors for half an hour of lunch.  I was freezing the whole time and I’m not sure it was worth it, but I did it.  On Friday, Breton came to my house after school and we watched Doctor Who while arguing whether or not Eleven was better than Ten.  Neither of us won that, because they’re both awesome.  No one replied to the message on my table, so I still didn’t know who wrote to me first.  I suppose that was a good thing, I couldn’t strangle them if I didn’t know who they were. 

I didn’t make any serious progress in Operation 45D, but I did check out those people who had watched Breton walk down the hallway.  To my embarrassment, they were all just girls who were attracted to him.  I apologized profusely for thinking they wanted to kill him, but they were still mad at me.

“Sorry, so sorry!  Too many action movies,” I said over and over, backing slowly out of the hallway.  They continued to glare at me until I turned the corner and ran like Hercules was after me.  He’s not exactly the nicest minor Greek god, you know.

Operation 45D was a very embarrassing subject for me.  You see, right after I had accused the girls of plotting murder, I saw someone talking to Breton.  The person raised their fist and I ran as fast as I could, jumping on their back and grabbing their arm.

“NO!” I screamed.  The guy spun around, trying to get me off his back.

“Georgie, get off!” he said.  I slowly slid off his back.

“Dallas?”  He turned around.  “Sorry.  Um, I don’t like fist bumps?”  Because of course, that’s why he had raised a fist.  Epic fail Georgie, absolutely epic fail.

“What do you have against fist bumps?” Breton asked in amusement.

“Someone tried to give me a fist bump once, but they punched me in the face,” I informed the boys.  “True story.”

“I wasn’t trying to punch him.  Or kill him,” Dallas said with a meaningful look.  I had forgotten that he had read George.

“My bad!” I squeaked.  “Sorry!”  You can bet I ran away from there fast.

Aside from those two incidental disasters, everything went smoothly.  And on Saturday I made a very important discovery.

Breton, Dallas, and I were sitting in my living room watching TV.  Breton and I were trying to convince Dallas that Doctor Who was a good show, but he didn’t care.

“I can’t believe Breton Joel likes this show,” he said in disgust.  “You’re no longer my idol.”

“This show is amazing!” I protested.  “There’s nothing wrong with watching it!”

“Yeah, the character development is great, the aliens are super cool, and how can you not like the TARDIS?” Breton coaxed.

“It’s a box.  Whoopie!” Dallas said sarcastically.  I pouted at him.  

“It’s not just a box!” I argued.

“No, it’s a box.  He even said it himself.”

“Well, yes, it’s a box, but it’s not just a box.  There’s a difference,” I told him.  “Breton, back me up.”

“Sorry Georgie, my phone’s ringing.  When I get back, we’ll team up and show him it’s the greatest show ever.”

I whined and wheedled and bribed Dallas to just watch one episode so he could see how awesome it is, but he refused, and when I tried to force him to watch it he stole the remote from me.  I’m surrounded by people who are both taller and stronger than me.  I need just one weak, short friend.  Finally, I pulled out the big guns.

“What about Jack Harkness?  You have to watch one episode with Captain Jack, please!  You won’t be able to resist after seeing Jack.  He’s hot with a capitol H-O-T!  Come on, you know you want to just see what he looks like,” I persuaded.

“So get me a laptop and Google him.  I don’t need to watch an episode,” Dallas said smugly.

Yeah, he’s about to be hooked.  Prepare yourself for the greatest thing ever Dallas.  Prepare.

“One episode,” Dallas said as soon as the pictures came up.  “Only one, and he has got to be in it.”  I gave an evil laugh and logged onto Netflix, choosing Doctor Who and finding one of my favorite episodes, The Doctor Dances.

“Hold on a minute while I tell Breton I convinced you,” I said, passing him the remote.  

“Breton,” I called walking into the other room.  “Where’d you go?” I asked.  I heard a noise and walked up the stairs, towards my room.  “Hello?” I asked, knocking first.  No answer, so I pushed open the door.  Suddenly his conversation was very easy to hear.

“Breton, you have to try harder!  This is serious boy,” a scary voice said.

“I’m trying,” Breton growled.

“Not hard enough,” the SV said.  “Maybe you need some incentive.”

“I’m not one of your paid workers.  You signed a contract.  You can’t do anything to me.”

“True,” SV said.  “But you still have to hurry.”

“Fine,” Breton said with a growl and hung up his phone.  I walked back to the top of the stairs and called again.  The whole time, I was thinking about the Scary Voice and wondering if he was the “villain” in this thing.  Is it possible I had to save Breton from whoever was on the other end of the phone?

“Breton?  Are you up here?  I convinced Dallas to watch an episode!”

“Coming,” he said, emerging from my room and shutting the door gently.  “Sorry it took so long.”

“No problem.”  I smiled at him, but then frowned.  “Are you okay?  You look kind of tense.”

“I’m fine.  So, what episode are we watching?”  He was passing it off as nothing, but his forehead was all wrinkled up and his mouth had a sour twist to it.

The Doctor Dances.  One of my favorite Nine and Rose episodes.”

“And who can forget the daring Jack Harkness?” Breton teased.

“Exactly,” I said with a grin and a wink.  “Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked again as we entered the main room.

“Georgie, I’m fine,” he tried to assure me.  I wasn’t convinced and watched him closely as he took a seat in one of the comfortable arm chairs.  Breton’s body was tense and angry.  He looked the exact opposite of fine.  But I dropped the subject since I still didn’t know him all that well, and turned my attention to the screen.

Throughout the episode, I knew Dallas was dying to comment on nearly everything Jack said, but held it in because of Breton’s presence.  I had to refrain from laughing at my friend when he nearly passed out once or twice.  By the time we got to the part where Jack realizes that his destruction was eminent, Dallas was going crazy with worry.  He leaned forward in his seat and was biting his fingernails.

“Dallas, calm down!  Biting your fingernails isn’t attractive,” I teased.  Immediately he sat back up straight and folded his hands in his lap.  Breton glanced at us, but turned his attention back to the television quickly.

“Sorry,” Dallas apologized in a whisper.  “I’m just so nervous!”

“I couldn’t tell,” I responded with heavy sarcasm.  We traded grins and went back to watching, Dallas breathing out a sigh of relief when the Doctor intervenes and saves Captain Jack.

“Who wants to watch another one?” I asked gleefully once the episode ended.  Dallas said he would, but to my surprise, Breton didn’t want to.

“Oh,” I said, disappointed.  “Well thanks for coming over, I guess.  And thanks for helping me get Dallas into the Whovian fandom.  I wouldn’t have been able to do it by myself.”  Breton nodded and left.  “Bye,” I said lamely as he crossed the street.

“He’s acting weird,” I commented to myself as I joined Dallas once again in front of the TV.

“Can we watch another episode with Jack in it?” he practically begged.  I nodded and then got the brilliant idea to play the episode in which Jack finds himself on a version of What Not to Wear.  I suppose the episode is better known as Bad Wolf, but Dallas will always think of it as The episode where Jack is naked.

“All you can see is his chest,” I pointed out to my drooling best friend.

“It’s the thought that counts,” he replied.

“Pervert,” I muttered.

We watched several other episodes, all containing Jack Harkness.  I laughed at Dallas when he clutched my arm during The Empty Child, even though we had already watched an episode with the gas mask zombie people.  I didn’t really blame him though, they were scary.

Dallas also liked the tenth Doctor.  I believe his exact words were something along the lines of, “Dang, he is fi-i-ine,” but I was trying to block out his pervertedness.  I was still an innocent, for goodness sakes!  Although I had to agree, Ten is, in fact, very good looking.  

An hour later, I bid Dallas farewell and waved as he walked out to his car and drove away.  I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a mug for hot chocolate and dug through my stash of candy.  When my water was heated, I mixed in chocolate powder.  Stepping into the other room, I grabbed George off the side table and opened to a new page.  Curling up in the corner of the couch, I pulled the cap off my pen, shook my head in disappointment when it didn’t turn into a sword, and began to write.

I think I know who I’m saving Breton from.  He was talking on the phone earlier today, and a scary voice on the other end was threatening him.  Breton didn’t seem very scared, but he was angry.  And he acted strange for the rest of the time he was here.  Not even watching Doctor Who could relax him.  This is a serious problem if even The Doctor couldn’t fix it.  The Doctor is the best medicine.  Ooh, that was a bad pun.  Not very.... punny.

Next step in Operation 45D, find out who Scary Voice Man is.  And if he turns out to be a threat, eliminate him.  Well, not eliminate him, obviously.  But you know, protect Breton from him.  If worse comes to worst, or however you say that, I can always start searching for a really great lawyer.

I imagined having a conversation with George, if he was a person.  He’d say, “Don’t you think you’re taking this a little too far?  You’re thinking of murdering someone you haven’t ever met!  Calm down, take a step back, and think about this more reasonably.  You aren’t the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D, Georgie.  Chances are, you probably are protecting him from getting bad grades in school or something.”  Then I would overreact again.

“Bad grades?  I didn’t even consider that possibility!  Remember when he was late to class?  That could negatively affect his grade.  This stops now!  I’ve got it covered, don’t worry George!”  

I stopped the imaginary conversation there, but my brain went a little too far and George got a moment to face-palm before I blocked him out.  I ignored it, of course, I had bigger things to worry about.  From now on, I was going to make sure Breton did good in school.  And keep him safe from all the little accidents that happen every day.  Now, where did I last see my bike helmet?

Day 14 of Operation 45D has begun.  And I couldn’t find my bike helmet.  But instead of dwelling on the failures of the past, I am opening myself up to a more positive attitude and will start the day with a list of my accomplishments during Operation 45D.

Day 1: Met Mysterious, Slightly Creepy Man

Day 2: Found Breton Joel and was Rescued by Breton Joel

Day 3: Met Dallas and Brought him into the Op.

Day 4: Met Breton’s friends

Day 5: Had first Real Conversation with Breton, then had Dinner with His Parents!  Moving too quickly?  Wait, I’m kind of on a strict time limit...

Day 6: Uncovered Breton’s inner Whovian

Day 7: Considered backing out of Op, decided Not To

Day 8: Breton acting Weird, Found Possible Suspects

Day 9: Rode to School with Breton

Day 10: Found out Suspects weren’t Suspects, just Pervs

Day 11: Thought Dallas was trying to Punch Breton.  My Bad

Day 12: Argued with Breton about which Doctor is Best

Day 13: Teamed up with Breton to make Dallas watch Doctor Who, Accidentally Listened in on Scary-Voice-Phone-Call, Breton acting Weird again

In these past few days, Breton and I have become friends.  While embracing this new step forward from Acquaintances, I’m worried what might happen if I fail to save Breton, or if he finds out about my job to save him.  What if we’re not friends anymore and then everyone hates me and I don’t have friends, not even Dallas because he has a crush on Lucas and so leaves me to be with Breton’s group and I once again am the social-outcast-bullied-girl?

Hold up Georgie, way to sound self-centered.  Jeez girl, get a hold of yourself.  Embracing a positive attitude, remember?  As long as someone gets something good out of this whole situation, then I’m helping someone and I’ve done my part.  As a firm believer in karma, I have to have faith this will all work out.

Anyway, it’s Monday again, in case you lost count.  You are a journal after all, I don’t know how you keep track of time.  Maybe since you’re closely related to a day-planner, you can keep track of days passing better than I can.  But I wouldn’t know, because I’m not a journal, or a day-planner.  Nor am I closely related to a day-planner.  Um, what was my point again?  Oh, so, it’s Monday.  I’m actually sitting outside of the school right now.  I got here so early, the doors are still locked.  Weird, because I thought I was on time...

I stopped writing and pulled out my cell phone.  Well, my mom’s cell phone.  I seemed to have misplaced mine.  Glancing at the time, I realized it said 8:30.  School started half an hour ago!  I jumped to my feet and yanked at the doors.  No, they were still locked.  What was going on?  I stayed up too late last night watching Doctor Who.  Oh to be a time-traveller, it would be extremely helpful in these situations.  I looked back at the little screen in my hand.  The sunlight flared and reflected on the phone, making it hard to see, so I stepped back into a dark corner and squinted my eyes.

8:32am

Sunday, September 22

Dumb phone.  It’s not Sunday, because I watched Doctor Who with Breton and Dallas on Saturday, duh.  Oh-no.  Am I really one of those people who sleep in on a Sunday and then go to school, thinking it’s a Monday?  I groaned and began the long walk home.  I am one of those people.

~~

Tee-hee, silly Georgie!  I love it in movies and books when people do that, go to school on a weekend or a day off.  As a homeschooler, it personally cracks me up.  No offense if you have ever done that of course.

Give me your thoughts on the chapter!!  COMMENT!

Vote if you like days off of school!

Fan if you've never gone to school on a weekend!

And add to your "library" if you're reading this book!!  You might as well, it'll be easier to find when I next update.  :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

811K 21.2K 200
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 (𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥) * 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦...
4K 96 6
in which y/n exists. she also rides some fat cock, but we'll get to that later-
4.2K 128 13
Yujin created an Instagram to promote his lemonade stand. 8 college students finds this Lemonade stand instagram account and decided to troll him "I...
1.6K 115 36
"after what you did to me..do you think i'll ever want to be close t you?no never i'm just here because of the higher ups..nothing less nothing more"...