Before These Trials

By xoxo_Prince

So far, things have been going great for Deon. He's happy with his family, happy with his school, and happy w... More

On.
Tw.
Th.
Fo.
Fi.
Si.
Se.
Ei.
Ni.
Te.
El.
Tw.lv
Fo.teen
Fi.teen
Si.teen
Se.teen
Ei.teen
Ni.teen
Tw.ty
Tw.ty One
Tw.ty Two
Tw.ty Three
Tw.ty Four
Tw.ty Five
Tw.ty Six
Tw.ty Seven
Tw.ty Eight
Tw.ty Nine
Th.ty
Th.ty One
Th.ty Two
Th.ty Three
Th.ty Four
Th.ty Five
Th.ty Six
Th.ty Seven
Th.ty Eight
Th.ty Nine

Th.teen

110 5 0
By xoxo_Prince

The week progressed quickly, and it came time for me to leave for Cali. I was slightly worried about leaving Breezy by himself, but my family loved him, so he would fit right in. After spending a whole week with him, I can say we've gotten' closer, and we know each other more. As for Shannon, she's been avoiding me, and I still avoided Flex.

" Alright, y'all, I'm gone. " I yelled out.

" Wait? " Tia yelled, running to the front door. " Here. And don't you open this, give it to him. "

" A piece of paper? " I looked at her, and she gave me that look. She hugged me, and smiled.

" Be safe, Tre. " Breezy said, slapping my butt.

" Boy, stop, before I put you out. " I stated, walking out of the door. I got into the car, making my way to the airport.

As I walked onto the plane, I began to get nervous. I didn't know if I was ready to do this, but I couldn't think of any other person but Jay. I knew he wouldn't make me regret it.

" Alright, everyone, take your seats. The plane is ready for takeoff. " she flight attendant said through the intercom.

I put my headphones in, getting ready for the three hour flight. I looked out of the window, finding myself falling asleep. Once I woke up, I noticed the many lights of the city. I sat up, inhaling deeply and bracing myself. The plane soon landed, and I made my way to my hotel. As I was getting checked in, I noticed a magazine with Jay's picture on the cover.

" Who is this? " I asked her, pointing to his picture. Her eyes instantly lit up.

" You must not live here if you don't know Jahari Briggs. " she smiled. " He's only the best football player in California, whose only a freshman in college, and already committed to the NFL.

" College football doesn't start until tonight. "

" Exactly. " she giggled. " Here's your key, and I hope you enjoy your stay, sir. "

" Thank you. "

I walked up to my room, using my key to enter the door. I walked inside, sitting down on the bed and taking my shoes off. I turned my phone off of airplane mode. Instantly, I got a call from my dad.

Yes sir?

Good, you made it safely. How was the flight?

It was okay. Everything good at home?

Yeah, we're good. Listen, boy, I want you and June Bug to stay low. It hasn't been long enough for the heat to die down, so just be careful.

I will, dad.

Alright, I love you, son.

I love you, too.

I hung up the phone, looking at the clock and seeing that it was twelve o' clock. The game doesn't start until seven, so I decided to head to the mall, and go over to the embroidery shop to get a jersey done.

" You a big fan of Briggs, huh? " the cashier asked me, smiling.

" Yeah, pretty big fan. " I nodded.

" Well, I'm a big fan of your swag. I like it. What's your name? " he licked his plump lips.

" My name is Tre. Yours? "

" Deshaun. " he told me. " Maybe when I go on my lunch break, we can hang out? "

" I guess we can do that. What time do you go on lunch? " I asked him.

" As soon as I finish your jersey, I can leave. We're not that busy today. "

" Alright, sir. "

After about ten minutes, the jersey was done and his boss had cleared him for a break. He folded the jersey up, putting it in the bag.

" How much do I owe you? " I asked him, but he just slid me the bag.

" It's on me, dude. " he smiled and I was shocked.

" Well I have to buy you lunch, then, let's go. " I pulled him from behind the counter, and started walking to the food court.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 18.3K 21
"No one knows?" "Nope." "No strings attached?" "Nope." "Fine." --- Louis Tomlinson has been battling depression ever since his dad commit suicide. He...
4.2K 163 29
"We can't be together! I said. "Don't leave me!" replied Tommy with tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry!" I said. I kissed his forehead before I left. ***...
39.9K 2.5K 12
So @franzixidfc contacted me and asked if I couldn't write a book on her idea and this is the result. I tried to follow the basic storyline and added...
1.1M 31.3K 27
Justice is a runaway and has spent most of her life out on the streets, scrounging for money and food until she's taken in by Dominic, a prime Drug L...