Taming The Dogs

By jazmennn_

This is not your typical love story. This isn't a regular college book. These aren't your average dogs. Can K... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty- Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty- six
Twenty- Seven
Twenty- Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty- Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty- Five
Thirty- Six
Thirty- Seven
Thirty- Eight
Thirty- Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty- Two
Forty- Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty- Six
Forty-Eight
Forty- Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Hey hey
Fifty-Two
Fifty- Three
Bonus Chapter
Epilogue
Chapter...55
Training The Pups (snippet)

Forty-Seven

67.6K 4K 6.3K
By jazmennn_

Chapter 47:

Key

Upon arriving at the Cabin I felt like I was in one of those Disney Christmas movies or something. The house in itself looked surreal as if it was out of a catalogue.

Not to mention the snow made me feel like I was back at home in Chicago. I love California but it was nothing like actual snow in December. The winter feel definitely put you in the Christmas spirit.

"Oh y'all got money." Chris said grabbing our bags from the trunk as Royalty and I admired the scenery.

"This is nicer than I expected. Not that I didn't expect nice but damn G." I said causing Ro to pinch me.

"You and yo daddy got one more time to pinch me and imma knock y'all both out." I threatened causing them both to stick their tongues out at me.

Rolling my eyes I walked to the door leaving them behind.

I wasn't sure who had all made it yet but I would soon find out.

Pulling out the key I'd gotten from the man who checked us in when we first arrived I took a deep breath. Unlocking the door I held on to the handle for a second while letting the wind whip me in the face.

"It's cold TT come on. I'm ready to see everybody." Royalty complained from behind me.

"Yea man it's cold. Stop playing." Chris said pushing me out the way and opening the door.

Scoffing I stood there as he and Royalty by passed me and made their way into the warm home.

Forcing myself I made my way inside and quickly shut the door not wanting the draft to get in.

The house smelled of apple and cinnamon. Christmas music played softly from the speakers and I found myself admiring ever little detail about the cabin.

(Yes that's Chris 🙄 no he don't recognize him singing so stfu in advance)

I was trying to waste as much time as possible. I found myself passing up the busy kitchen and making my way upstairs. I gave myself my own tour.

As I was passing one of the rooms I heard wining which caused me to stop. I knew that cry.

"Aww is that my fat man?" I questioned seeing Ashlyn peek his head out the door while rubbing his eyes.

"Come here pooh." I said in a baby voice as I kneeled down.

He stood there for a second before finally walking over to me. That's when I noticed he didn't have on any underwear causing me to laugh and shake my head.

As soon as I picked him up Ash came out the room looking stressed as hell. "Look hea' playa' we ain't at home so you can't be runnin' around showin' people yo business." Ash said scolding the poor child.

Laughing I poked out my lip really feeling for my best friend. Rajah had that boy doing everything. Couldn't tell me he wasn't man of the year.

Seeing me his lips curved up into a smile as he walked over giving me a hug and grabbing a naked Ashlyn who found it funny to stress his dad out.

"Wazzam la'baybeh? When you got hea'?" Ash asked as I followed behind him into the room he was changing Ashlyn in.

"Not too long ago with Chris and Ro. I came straight up here to look around so I haven't seen anybody." I said looking out the window at the snow falling.

Shaking his head Ash laughed. "You tryna hide and he ain't even hea'."

"I'm not hiding."

"Like hell you ain't. Ole good lyin' ass." He said as he put Ashlyn's clothes back on. The poor baby was so tired of fighting his daddy about getting his pamper changed that he'd fell asleep.

After finding out August wasn't here I could finally breath. The thought of seeing him made me nervous because I had no idea what to expect.

"I'm going to go downstairs and greet everyone." I called out as Ash nodded.

Exiting the room I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

Walking in I saw Bash standing by the stove while Odell sat at the island looking at his phone. Rajah was engaged in conversation with Ro and Chris was looking in the refrigerator.

"What's poppin freaks!" I said loudly causing them all to look up at me before Bash and Rajah attacked me with hugs.

I really did miss my girls. I loved my boys but they were nothing like having these two.

"You look good sis. Booty poking and stomach tight. Cali got you finer than yo fine cousin." Bash said boosting me.

"You fine too baby. Both of y'all. I'm shook just looking at y'all." I said stepping back looking at them both.

"Ahh thanks boo. You know I eat my rice and cabbage." Rajah said sticking out her tongue.

The girl was always and would forever be a hot mess.

"They alright." Odell said stepping between them to give me a hug.

"Delly!" I said hugging him tight.

Letting go I just looked around the kitchen at them all. Time had flew by but it felt like nothing had changed since college.

"I really missed y'all man." I said with a pout taking a seat at the bar.

"I miss you too key dang." Chris said causing me to mug him.

"Not you daddy." Royalty said for me causing us all to laugh.

"Who side you on anyway?" Chris asked her as she smiled at him innocently going back to eating her cookies.

"We miss y'all too man. I told Bash when I free up we gone come down there." Odell said causing me to nod.

"I'm with child so..." Rajah said causing us to stale face her. "Well shit he still with me in or out the womb."

Waving her off I focused back on the conversation at hand.

"We gotta hang out more. We been slacking man." Bash said as we all agreed.

"I guess we could plan more trips like this around the holidays when we free. The only one who schedule be packed is Odell, but we can work around it." I said.

"And Aug be out the country so we gotta see when he gone be in town." Odell said causing the hair on my arms to stick up.

"True." Chris said stealing one of Royalty's cookies off her plate.

"Where is he anyway?" Rajah asked cutting her eyes at me.

"Why you worried la' salami neck ass girl?" Ash said entering the kitchen and thumping her forehead.

"I'm not." Rajah huffed trying to push him away as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Leave my best friend alone den' before I toss you up." Ash threatened.

I knew they only meant the best for me and they wanted me and August back together, but they truly got on my nerves. I couldn't go a day without hearing his name. Even my parents had it bad with bringing him up since they still kept in contact with him.

We managed to talk to everyone, but one another.

***

No longer interested in talking and bonding I'd excused myself from the kitchen showing myself to the room I'd be occupying.

Walking upstairs my room was all the way at the end of the hallway. Chris had already sat my bags up here for me.

Walking into the room I did a full 360 turn just in awe at the look of everything. The warm colored walls along with the winter theme tied it all together.

The view in itself was impeccable and I already seen myself being cooped up in here for the entire trip. It was beautiful.

Pulling my bags inside I shut the door before slipping out of my jacket and my Uggs.

Walking over to the electric fireplace that was in the room I turned it on. Curling up on the couch I got comfortable looking out the window behind me. 

After sitting and thinking for what felt like hours which probably wasn't I got up and went into the restroom that was connected to my room.

It was decorated in all white as well with wooden walls. There was a bathtub on one side and a walk in shower on the other.

In the middle was a window that housed a bench underneath where you could sit.

Walking over to the tub I turned the nobs dipping my hand under to feel how hot the water was. It was warm enough so I let it run while I grabbed my things to bathe with from the room.

Finally settling in the tub I let one of my feet dangle off the side as I waved the water back and forth with the other. It was both relaxing and soothing sitting in the hot water.

All I need is a glass of wine.

Wine would have definitely been a nice touch to add to the moment I was having.

Feeling my skin getting wrinkly I quickly bathed myself before rinsing off.

Standing in front of the body length mirror I dropped my towel admiring the smile line underneath my belly button. Staring at myself for a minute I admired my reflection giving myself a smile.

You're beautiful and you're strong.

Walking back into the room I moisturized my skin before getting dressed.

Slipping into my long sleeved onesie with the footies I pulled my hair out of the bun it was in and let it fall. Due to my hot bath it managed to curl up.

Finally comfortable I decided to join the others. My stomach growling also helped me in my decision to go back downstairs.

Entering the kitchen Every one was accounted for except for Rajah and Ro.

The guys were arguing about football and Bash was making plates.

Walking over to her I rested my chin on her shoulder as I admired her engagement ring. It was huge and made her little fingers look like a million bucks.

"I can't believe y'all are getting married." I said causing her to give me a small smile.

"It does seem like dream huh?" She questioned handing me a bowl to hold as she filled it with gumbo.

"I'm happy for you guys. With everything that happened it's nice to see y'all stayed down."

She nodded but didn't say much after that which made me feel as if I'd said something wrong. Something about how mellow she was had me thrown off, but I kept quiet.

Sitting at the the table I ate my food while listening to the guys talk and play dominoes.

I don't know what it was but every since I was little I enjoyed when men played cards or dominoes and trash talked each other. Even when they watched sports I always found myself in the middle. The only girl trying to fit in with the big guys.

The slapping against the table didn't even phase me.

"UNCLE AUGUST!" I heard Royalty yell causing my heart rate to speed up.

Breathing in and out slowly I kept my focus on my food not daring to look away from my bowl.

It wasn't long before I heard him enter the kitchen. All the trash talk stopped as chairs scooted back and hands slapped together in greeting.

"Uncle August did you fly here?" I heard Royalty ask him as I peeked up to get a glimpse of him.

He was holding Ro in his arms so I couldn't see much but his side profile which was sexy as hell.

"Yep." He said to her.

"Were you scared like I was? TT Key said you were scary of planes like me and that you needed her to not be scared, but I had her with me. So how did you get here by yourself?" Royalty asked saying a mouthful causing August to finally notice me.

As if this was the moment everyone had been waiting for the kitchen grew silent.

"Your TT Key told you allat huh?" August asked her causing her to nod her head.

Licking his lips he looked at me and our eyes met briefly before I looked away.

"Well I still get a little scared, but I found dat medicine helps with my anxiety since I don't have your TT hea'." August said causing her to mouth a long oh.

As they continued talking I stood up to rinse out my bowl.

After washing my hands I reached for a napkin to dry them before walking to the trash and throwing it away. Feeling the urge to leave the kitchen I almost made before August called my name.

Biting my lip I closed my eyes debating on responding or just walking away.

Turning around I looked up at him as he stood directly behind me in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Gimme a hug man." August mumbled.

Pulling me towards him I let my arms lock around his neck taking in his smell as his arms were wrapped around my waist.

Resting my head on his shoulder I blinked away the tears I knew would fall if he held on to me any longer. I could hear clapping coming from behind us causing us both to laugh a little.

Pulling away from him I cleared my throat before playing with my hands nervously.

We both went to speak at the same time before Rajah entered the kitchen giving August the side eye as a girl entered behind her.

The girl was cute I wouldn't lie about that, but I was lost as to where she'd come from.

"Harpo who that woman?" Chris asked.

"Yea, who dis?" Ash consigned.

Looking around at us all the girl smiled nervously. "I'm Aziza. I'm here with August."

Shaking my head I bit my lip watching as everyone's expression went sour.

"I know damn well this nigga ain't that stupid." Odell said above a whisper.

"I think he is big dog. We have da' weakest link." Ash said.

Shaking his head August finally spoke. "Aziza and I aren't together. She went to the bathroom so I didn't get a chance to introduce her. She's my assistant."

"Assistant? What the hell you need assistance with nigga?" Rajah asked him.

"I'm sorry maybe I shouldn't have came." Aziza said looking uncomfortable.

I felt bad for the girl, but I couldn't find words to say at the moment so I was quiet.

"You're fine." August assured her.

"Mmhmm now he giving her compliments and shit." Chris said causing me to laugh unintentionally.

"Nigga shut up. Aziza was on da street when I met her. Her story reminded me of mine with how her people abandoned her so I gave her a job as my assistant until I open my restaurant and let her work dea. She ain't have no whea' to  go fa' Christmas so I invited her hea'. I rememba' how good it felt fa' me to be able ta' spend that Christmas with Key family so I thought I'd give her that experience." August said causing everyone's expressions to warm up.

"Oh our bad den cuz." Ashton said.

"Well it's nice to meet you Aziza and I hope Christmas with us brings you much joy and holiday cheer." I said smiling at her as I was heading out of the kitchen.

Only making it to the bottom of the stairs before I was stopped in my tracks I sighed.

"We're watching Christmas movies in the den. Don't roam too far. I'll save you a seat next to August and I'll assist his assistant if she try to block my Christmas miracle." Rajah said causing me to shake my head and laugh.

They got on my nerves, but I truly did miss them all. As soon as Jay made it the whole gang  would be back in action.  I just pray everything stays at this pace.

----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8M 247K 86
**completed** HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 IN FICTION #1 IN SLOWBURN #1 IN COLLEGE Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxiou...
1.9K 53 27
Past traumas have made Cali from PUP College of Education live two lives: a good daughter and a wild teenager. She believes that a scarred woman like...
827 30 13
Emily didn't know when exactly she fell in love with JJ. Maybe it was: *JJ placed a hand on her arm. "Let it go, Em," she said quietly. "It's not wor...
13K 403 35
This Story About A Teen Girl Name Michelle Planning On Going To College Going To Be A Lawyer Falls In Love With The Plug & They Have To Go Through Tr...