The Disguised Billionaire

By EnjoyLiveLove

When your parents tell you that you have to move halfway across the world for reasons they can't seem to tell... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Meeting Them In Gloria Jean's
Chapter 2: Hanging Out
Chapter 3: Followed
Chapter 4: The Blaming Game
Chapter 5: The News
Chapter 6: I Officially Hate Chase Mitchell Peterson's Guts
Chapter 7: Halifax, Here We Come!
Chapter 8: Our Arrival In Halifax, Canada
Chapter 9: Twin Brother Say What?
Chapter 10: The First Day Of School
Chapter 11: I'm Dead
Chapter 12: Accepting Her and Horrible Introductions
Chapter 13: He's There For Me
Chapter 14: Revelations
Chapter 15: My Favorite Habbit: Lying
Chapter 16: A Sisterly and Brotherly Moment
Chapter 17: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 1
Chapter 18: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 2
Chapter 19: Fake Dating?
Chapter 21: Closure? Uh... I Guess?
Chapter 22: The New Students
Chapter 23: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 24: This Kiss
Chapter 25: And The Plot Thickens
Chapter 26: House Hunting
Chapter 27: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 28: Hangover
Chapter 29: The Truth - Part 1
Chapter 30: The Truth - Part 2
Chapter 31: The Heartbreak
Chapter 32: Okay, What?
Chapter 33: Bright Colors
Chapter 34: The Meeting
Chapter 35: Feelings
Change of Plans
To Make or Not To Make?
Sequel
Other Novels

Chapter 20: The Confirmation

15.7K 356 75
By EnjoyLiveLove

"I can't! I'm sorry, but I really have to go. I'm in a hurry." I said, as I ran to where Chase is. I spotted him with a couple boys I don't know, but I shrugged that off and went towards him.

"Chase, come on. We have to go. We'll be late!" I said frantically, but he just looked at me, amusement swirling in his shining green eyes.

"You know, you should let loose once in a while. Letting loose is not actually that bad." He suggested, but I just glared at him.

"You do know that we have to be there in like, thirty minutes, right?" I asked, making sure if he remembers and if he knows.

He laughed, and said, "Of course I do. But, don't worry. We'll be there in time."

I let out a long grunt of frustration, while the two boys he's with just laughed at me. "Dude, I don't know why you had to be involved with Amber Lee. You and Amber already look good together." The boy he's with, the one with dark brown hair, remarked, while smiling at both Chase and I.

Then, without warning, I burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh. That's such a great joke!" I laughed, making them look at me in a confused manner.

I mean, I do like the guy, but not exactly to the point where I want to date him. Fake dating him is already awkward enough, but dating him for real? No way! Because besides the fact that it'd be more awkward, my brothers would kill me. I might hate them for now, but I still care about them and about they think.

"I'm not joking, you know." The same boy informed me, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Why would you even say we'd look great together? And how'd you know me anyway?" I asked suspiciously, while the other boy with blonde hair let out an angelic laugh. No, seriously. I'm not kidding. His laugh is seriously so angelic, you could listen to it all day.

"Everyone knows who you are. You're basically popular already." He said, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"How?" I asked, and he chuckled.

"Chase, Austin, and Aiden." He answered simply, and I instantly got the message. I pursed my lips together and just shrugged. I turned to look at Chase, only to find out that he was already looking at me.

I felt blood rush to my cheeks, but I tried slowing it down. Bottling up the courage to look up, I looked at Chase again and shaked his arm repeatedly. "We have to go. If we don't go now, we'd surely be late!" I whined, while the three boys just laughed at me.

"Alright, alright. But, let me introduce you to the guys first. This one here," he started, referring to the boy with dark brown hair. "This is Brian. And this," he paused, referring to the boy with an angelic laugh. "This is Sean."

I smiled at them, and they smiled back. "It's nice to meet you guys." I said nicely, although, there's really no need to, considering they just saw the annoying and whiny part of me.

"Hey, Chase, if you and Amber Lee would really get together, could I have Amber here?" Brian asked, grinning at Chase widely, while mine and Chase's eyes looked like it was about to fly out of our sockets.

Sean shook his head in disappoint and said, "Bri, how many times have I told you? Girls are not toys nor are they prizes."

My head snapped up to Sean in surprised, astonished by the fact that chivalry is still present in his dictionary.

"Sean, seriously, you're too much of a gentleman. Let loose a little bit." Brian remarked, but Sean just gave him a blank stare.

"Wow. I never thought chivalry is still present in your dictionary." I informed, voicing my thoughts for the first time. In an instant, their heads snapped up to meet mine, and they looked at me with mouth agape. Well, Chase and Brian at least.

"Are you kidding? Chivalry is always in his dictionary." Brian replied, making my eyes set on Sean, who's cheeks was tinted with pink.

I chuckled and looked back at Chase. "You know, you should learn from Sean, Chase. I heard Amber Lee likes boys who's dictionary still has chivalry written all over it." I suggested, hoping he'd get the hint.

He smirked at me, and that's when I knew he got it. He turned back at Sean and asked, "Sean, my man, could you teach me sometime?"

Sean laughed and said, "Dude, you seriously sound so gay right now, but sure. It'd be my pleasure to teach you."

Chase laughed and I just shook my head in amusement. When I remembered where we were supposed to be, my eyes widened in recognition, and a gasp managed to escape my mouth.

"Oh my gosh! I almost forgot! C'mon Chase, let's go!" I said, and started to drag Chase to the parking lot.

"Bye Brian! Bye Sean!" I yelled, earning a laugh from both boys.

"Bye!" They replied and I smiled. When we reached the parking lot, I practically shoved Chase inside the car and I followed after him. Then, I removed my disguise and fixed everything I have to fix.

When I was finished, it was also when we arrived at the place where the interview is being held.

Just in time.

We got out, and Chase and I started to go inside. When we were already in, a lot of cameras was taking pictures of us, and we sat in the table in the front.

"Now that Miss Lee and Mr. Peterson has already arrived, let the interview begin. But, one reporter at a time." Paul, the one in charge of this whole interview, said in a stern voice.

I smiled gratefully at him and he returned it. He turned around to let the interview begin, and he stood on the side.

"Alright, well, good afternoon. What would you like to ask us?" I asked, smiling in the process. I could hear a lot of voices, screams, and yells, but I only had to choose one.

I chose the girl with strawberry blonde hair, and she stood up, making the rest of the reporter groan in their place.

"Amber, is it true that you and Chase are dating?" She asked, and I looked at Chase on my right. I sent him a smile, on which he instantly caught on to, and sighed.

I guess the pretending will start now.

"Uh, yes. Yes, it's true." Chase replied, making the poeple in the room go crazy.

"Alright, alright. Calm down." He ordered nicely, and they obeyed.

"I've heard that before, the two of you hate each other? What made your hatred for each other disappear and bloom into something like this?" the same girl asked, and I decided to be the one to answer this time.

"Well, it was a long process, but we managed to get pass it. We realized that hating each other would get us nowhere, so we stopped. We became friends, until we became what we are now." I replied smiply, half lying, half telling the truth.

She nodded, then started again. "When did you realize your feelings for Chase?" She asked and I pretended to think hard.

"When we went to this place, and he was so sweet and caring there." I replied, saying enough to get the media crazy, and enough not to tell everything.

The girl smiled at me and said, "Thank you." I smiled back in return, and she sat back down.

I picked another reporter, and it's a man in maybe his mid 30's. He stood up and said, "Good afternoon, Amber, Chase."

"Good afternoon." I replied and smiled.

"Well, uh, Amber, for the past two years, we've noticed that you aren't in every photoshoot your brothers have. Where have you been for the past two years and why?" He asked and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

Well, I knew this was obviously going to happen. People really get curious as to what happened to the person who they haven't seem in a long time. So what do I answer to the question that I don't even know the answer to?

"I, uh, I'd like to keep that as a secret for now." I replied politely, while he nodded his head in understanding.

"Chase, what made you drawn to Amber in the first place?" The reporter asked, surprising not only me, but also Chase. I tured to look at him, and saw his visibly tensed muscles.

Now this question is what I'm interested in.

Chase smiled at the man, then started speaking. "Well, the first thing that made me drawn to her are her amazing amber eyes. Her eyes are not the kind of color you see everyday, so it's kind of rare seeing a pair of eyes like hers. Just one look at her, then bam! You get hypnotized immediately. Her eyes are the first thing you should look out for. It's a dangerous instrument," he paused and laughed, the crowd laughing with him while I glared at him.

"But seriusly though, her eyes really are the kind of eyes you could stare at all day. The next thing that made me drawn to her are her sarcastic remarks and sarcastic attitude. I'm not saying you have to be sarcastic for me to like you, I just enjoy Amber's sarcastic side because it's fun to talk with. The next one is her great personality. She's the kind of girl that you want to spend all your time with, and the kind of girl whom you can tell everything. She won't tell a soul about what you told her, and her trustworthiness is also the other thing that made me drawn to her. There are a lot of reasons, actually. I just can't tell you all of it because it's too long." He continued, and I was left speechless, while the crowd went crazy about what Chase said.

That's really deep.

He turned to me and smiled, then looked back at the reporters. "I may not be able to tell you everything, but I can tell you this," he paused, then looked back at me. "She's the kind of girl I was always looking for. In short, she's perfect."

He smiled at me, and I'm pretty sure my mouth reached the ground if we aren't here in the interview. He reached for my hand and kissed it, letting it linger there for at least three seconds.

My heart felt like it was about to run out of my chest and tell the whole world about what I feel. My stomach made this things that I'm not quite used to, and things that I haven't felt for quite some time now. It kept churning in nervousness and in excitement, but most of all, I feel like the whole zoo is occupying my stomach.

The crowd broke out in an 'awww', and I noticed the flashes around us became many, but I just ignored them and gave Chase my full and undivided attention. When Chase looked back at the reporters, he gave them one of his dazzling smiles.

His stare. . . it was intense and hard, swirling with different emotions, happiness being one of them. It was different. His stare was different. It was something I've never seen before, something that I never expected to come from him. But the one I wasn't expecting the most, was the guilt swirling in his green, mesmerizing eyes. I don't know what's there to be guilty about, he's been nothing but sweet to me. He couldn't have done something, right?

"The two of you are such a cute couple!" The same man complemented, making me blush in my place, and Chase chuckle beside me.

"Well. . ." He trailed off, still leaving me blushing in my place.

The man chuckled and said, "Well, those are all the questions I have in stored for you, so thank you."

Chase smiled at him and nodded. We picked another reporter, and this time, it's a girl in maybe her mid 20's, looking at us with a wide grin on her face.

"The two of you are known as the "Golden Couple of Hollywood", just with all the things the media captured last Saturday and Sunday, and most of the crowd are interested in your new love story, and some of them are also amused by how cute the two of you show each other's feelings and how the two of you tease each other. How did you react to that?" She asked, looking at us with a polite smile plastered on her face.

Chase and I looked at each other, and I shrugged. "Not much, actually. Truthfully, we didn't know we were labeled as the "Golden Couple of Hollywood" until you told us. We didn't have much time to get updated about what happened in Hollywood because of school, spending time together, and all that." Chase said, making the reporter nod her head in understanding.

"And, well, we're happy that we amuse the crowd with our silly relationship, because that's just who we are. You could say that our relationship is somewhat funny, majorly because of the things Chase does. Nevertheless, I still enjoy the time we spend together." I added, smiling adoringly at Chase.

He smiled back, also giving me one of his to-die-for smiles.

He's such a great actor.

The reporter smiled, and asked, "The people were right about everything. The two of you really are a sweet couple. Chase, I know that you've met Amber's family and Amber also have met your family. We've also heard that your best friends with Amber's twin brother and teen heartthrob, Aiden Lee. Can you tell us what he's actually like?"

This interview is going nowhere. . .

Chase chuckled and replied, "Yeah, well, Aiden is really fun to be with. But of course, even though we're best friends, he's still protective of Amber when Amber and I spend some alone time together. He's also the kind of guy that makes you laugh even though you aren't exactly in the greatest mood. He's silliness is one of the best things about him, and one of the reason why we get along so well. But most of all, he's the kind of that would do anything to protect his family, especially his twin sister. He even told that he'd rather die than actually hurt Amber intentionally. She's the only person he can actually trust, and the person he'd give up anything for."

After Chase said that, I can't help but let the guilt consume me. Chase is talking about how perfect Aiden would be for a brother, and how he's such an amazing person. Don't get me wrong, I agree with all the things he said. Aiden is actually that kind of guy, especially when he's with me. But sadly, due to my very stubborn and secretive attitude, we're not on good terms, and he hates my guts for now. The feeling is mutual, actually, but I can't help but feel like I've been such a horrible person, especially after all the things I've done.

He's always been there for me, and he's been by my side through thick and thin. He supported everything I've ever done, and he didn't object to anything I want him to do, no matter how embarrassing and stupid it is. He's such a great brother, and he always will be. I actually even prefer him than Zyljan, actually, because he's the person that understands me the most.

Aiden and I's relationship as siblings have always been strong, and it has always been a very unbreakable bond. We have a very closely knitted relationship, so it was impossible to break us apart unless one of us actually lets go. But even so, I know that neither one of us would actually let go and break our closely knitted relationship. Until now.

Way to guilt trip me, Chase.

The guilt and regret I was feeling was not left unnoticed by Chase, and he instantly made up some dumb excuse so that we could go and end the interview.

When Chase accomplished what he was doing, we made our way out of the building and went inside the car.

Then, without even realizing it, my vision became blurry, and the tears started to fall one by one. I pulled my knees closer to my chest and sobbed quietly. But, no matter what I do to try and suppress the sob, it wouldn't work. The tears kept falling like an endless waterfall, and I know it would take a while for me to calm down.

I felt someone pull me closer to him, and that's when I realized and remembered that I was with Chase in this car.

Why is it that every time I'm in my vulnerable state, Chase is always the one I'm with?

I released my tight grip on my knees, and turned to continue sobbing on Chase's free and open chest. I cried, hard and long, and my grip on Chase became tighter every passing second. I didn't dare to try and release my grip on Chase, because I was afraid I'd also lose the person who's always been there for me in my vulnerable state.

"Miss Lee? Are you alright?" Dave, my personal driver, asked worriedly as I pulled away from Chase and released my tight grip on him.

Sniffling, I wiped the corner of my eyes and replied, "Yes. I'm fine. And it's Amber, remember?"

He chuckled and I felt myself smile. "Alright. Amber it is." He said, but I could still catch the worried tone he had in his voice.

I stayed silent in response, until I realized something. Something that I know would end up badly, depending on where the situation would be going, and something that would be totally worth it in the end. I had to make some closure. If I want everything to turn back to the way it was, I had to start from where it started.

Realizing where they would be at this hour, I said, "Dave, take me to the beach. I need to be there to meet someone I need to make some closures to."

Chase shot me a confused look, but I just ignored it and focused on Dave's nodding head. "Right away, Amber."

I want to make some closure between us. I need to make some closure between us. Making a closure between us is the only way to make things right again. The only way to make everything go back to the way it used to be.

"Why are we going to the beach? What are we doing there?" Chase asked, while I looked at him with a hesitant expression. I looked back at the front and sighed.

"We're going to the beach because. . ." I trailed off, not really sure if telling him is a great idea.

"Because what?" He pressed, trying to get the information out of me.

Squeezing my eyes close and opening it again, I replied, "Because I need to make some closure. I need to take this risk if I want everything to go back to the way it used to be."

"I know that, but closure with who?" He asked and I sighed.

"I need to make a closure with Xander and Megan, if I want everything to turn back to the way it used to be. It started with them, and it will end with them."

---

Oooohhhhh! The plot thickens! What do you think would happen next? Would Amber really get the closure she's hoping for, or would it just cause more trouble between them?

Comment your thouuugghhhtttssss! :)))

Btw, happy, happy, happy birthday to one of my guy friends. I wish you all the best, and may all your wishes be granted. :) I love youuuu :* But, you know, as a friend. :) You might get the wrong idea. XD Hahahahaha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1M 319K 62
Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she still tried her best not to dwell under her...
8.7M 238K 53
Raelynn is smart and beautiful, but she hides behind her huge frames, ponytail, baggy clothes and high school status of being a nerd, because she hat...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
279 46 27
A journey of 22 years old aaliyah khan as she skipped many hurdles in her life and through the process learned and lost too many things which made he...