Blame it on our Fates

By candyflossmachine

♡ His gaze was deep, deeper than the purest oceans, fixated on my every move, making me squirm under... More

p l a y l i s t
c h a r a c t e r a e s t h e t i c s
p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
e p i l o g u e
announcement/spin-off

t w e n t y f i v e

4.5K 250 51
By candyflossmachine

Song of The Day : Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj

Comment, vote and share!

T w e n t y f i v e

  We were all, currently sitting in the cafeteria of our school for the lunch break. Harriet, as she mentioned yesterday was absent. It was a little less funny without her, honestly. I kind of missed her comments about the food that was served in lunch. Two small vanilla muffins being the best part about it.

  I, Hailey and Taylor were talking about random stuff when some three boys decided it was the perfect time to make their appearance. I literally groaned loudly as I saw the little smirk gracing Nolan's lips as he, Breckin and Asher made their ways here. But I was all smiley and giddy on the insides, making me feel a bit too weird in my my tummy. What was this feeling I was having since the past few days, whenever he was around? Maybe I was preggy? Haha, not really! Maybe I was sick due to the school's food? Yeah, I guess that was it.

  "Hey ladies, mind if we join in?" Asked Nolan, as he looked at me, not even bothering to glance at the other 'ladies.' I scowled at him while shooting quick smiles to Asher and Breckin who nodded and grinned back, respectively.

  "If we say no, is it gonna make a difference?" Asked Taylor.

  "It isn't," Said Asher as he plopped down on my left side, raising his feet so now they were resting on the table.

  "Of course it isn't. We don't listen to anyone," Said Nolan, rather cockily and jokingly as he sat on my right side. I really regret not sitting beside Hailey where Breckin had now decided to plop down.

  "We have taken some serious oath to never leave you guys alone," Said Breckin, eyeing Hailey from the corner of his eyes. I looked at him suspiciously while my gaze moved to Hailey who seemed way too weirdly absorbed by her book that she managed to reach out for a book when her eye candy was right beside her and pretended to be engrossed by her upside down reading. Yes, you read it correct. She was reading her book upside down. I and Taylor were busy eyeing her weirdly while Asher and Nolan found it interesting to steal my two vanilla muffins, the only edible part of that freaky lunch. I slapped their hands away while my eyes didn't even move away from Hailey and Breckin. It was weird, completely and utterly weird. I mean, she never ever read anything, then why was she suddenly interested in reading and that too in a frigging lunch break.

She got a body like an hourglass

  But I can give it to you all the time

  She got a booty-

  My phone suddenly started blaring loudly, making everyone jump loudly and Breckin even fell off his chair and stumbled to the ground, groaning in pain. Nolan and Asher started laughing hysterically and Asher even managed to stumble out some words that sounded like 'We so should have taken a video of that. Priceless!' Hailey left her book aside and bent down to help Breckin, her face etched in complete horror. Taylor looked at the boys on our table, strangely as if saying in her mind 'They really need to go to the mental hospital.' I, too thought that way Taylor, same.

  I cursed at them and fished my phone out, Jessie J's voice still ringing across the walls of the cafeteria with everyone shooting us weird looks and some girls looking at us enviously. I wouldn't blame them though. I looked at the caller's name and a smile found it's way on my lips. My dad was calling me! I hadn't talked to him since a week. I didn't even tell him about Nolan and everything happening these days in my life. I really missed talking to him.

  "Hello."

  "Cade?" My father's voice sounded from the other side.

  "Dad? Wow! How are you?" I asked him, excitement seeping from my voice. My father chuckled from the other side, probably at my eagerness to speak with him.

  "I am doing great honey! How about you?" He asked,  sounding genuinely curious about my well being.

  "As amazing as I can be, since, you know," I said, as I felt everyone's eyes on me. Breckin had apparently stood up and was now rubbing the sore spot on his elbow while watching me. Everyone was watching me. It kinda made me uncomfortable.

  "That's great to hear sweetie. You know, my deal conformation is going to take another month here and maybe a little more than that. I really want to be there for you and Mark. Speaking of Mark, I called him yesterday and he said he was going to visit you yesterday," He said.

  "Yes, he is here dad. I really missed him and I miss you, too. Honestly, I wish you could come earlier but it's okay. Your deal is important at the moment," I said, though it stung from the insides, that his deal was more important than me and Mark. That was the irrational, impractical part of me. How much ever I suppressed that part, it didn't fail to show it's appearance every once in awhile.

  "I am so glad you can understand. You're going to make an amazing lawyer. Speaking of which, I want to talk to you about something," He said, his voice changed from adoring to serious real quick, before you could say 'change of mood.'

  "What is it?" I asked, a bit nervous, a bit curious.

  "Your principal, Mr. Wyatt called me yesterday," He said and I cringed knowing exactly where it was going. "Two weeks ago, the week after I left I heard that you apparently were almost failing all your classes. And why is that?"

  "You know why," I muttered quietly, bitterness seeping in my voice.

  "Cadence, look, I know it is a tough time for all of us and you were just making it worse by not paying attention to your studies. Just because I have allowed you to work as an assistant chef, it doesn't mean that I let that job divert you from your ultimate goal," He said, and I could practically feel him shaking his head in utter disappointment.

  "I am sorry," I said, quietly as I looked at around me. Everyone's eyes were on me. Hailey and Taylor had the similar sympathetic looks on their faces. Asher and Breckin were confused, like utterly and that somehow made them look even more childish. If it weren't for this situation I would have clicked a picture and would have a good laugh about it. Nolan on the other hand, had a perplexed look on his face.

  "You should be, honey. And by the way, I heard that you are appointed with a tutor and a guy at that, to make you catch up," He said, his voice having a creepy, protective edge to it. I bit my lip hardly to prevent from slipping out something.

  "Yes," I just said.

  "What was his name again? Noah?" I heard him ask, indifference lacing his voice. What was with everyone in my family calling him Noah when he clearly wasn't Noah.

  Apparently, Nolan heard it and whined loudly making me flinch," It's Nolan. what's with you and your family calling me Noah?"

  And the worse part? My father heard it.

  "Was that him? Cadence? Noah?" My father asked.

  I looked at Nolan who was shaking his head, profusely asking me to refuse, his eyes pleading. But I did the exact opposite to watch him falter before my father.

  "Yes," I said, confidently and Nolan banged his head against the table and groaned loudly in pain. Everyone else were guffawing wildly and this time too, Breckin managed to fall down. But from pure laughter, this time.

  "Can you give him the phone," My father asked, but it was more like a demand.

  "Sure," I said as I passed my phone to Noah-oops, Nolan who was shooting daggers at my face.

  I smiled sweetly at him and whispered 'Put it on speaker.'

  But he didn't get it.

  'What? Your accent's too thick, I am not getting it,' read his lips as he lip synced.

  I snatched the phone away from his hand and pressed my hand against the receptor.

  "Put it on speaker," I said but then quickly did that myself.

  "Hello? Is this Noah?" My father's voice boomed from the other side and I stifled my urge to laugh real bad at Nolan's face as he scowled at my father's name for him.

  "It's Nolan, sir ," Said Nolan as he gritted his teeth together. I fished my water bottle out, smirking as I raised the bottle to my mouth and started gulping down water from it. Nolan was glaring at me, his gaze not even moving away for once.

  "Yeah, whatever that is," My father indifferently voiced out and continued," What are your intentions with my daughter?"

  At that moment, my mouth decided to have a weird spasm and I spurted out the water and onto Breckin's face. Everyone broke into loud rounds of laughter and Asher had tears rolling down his cheeks, that looked similar to the water trickling down Breckin's face. The only difference? Breckin's had my spit in it. Talk about gross. Breckin was frozen for a moment before started panicking and running across the cafe in search of a tissue. One of his fan girl, who might I mention was glaring at me hard, offered him one with a lovestruck smile, like a teen. Oh I forgot, she was a teen. Breckin returned, wiping his face as he glared at me with a deep scowl on his face.

  "What was that?" My father demanded through the phone.

  "No-nothing sir, just some couple kids decided to fight," Nolan lied quickly.

  "Hmm, so back to the question. What are your intentions with my daughter?"

  "We're just friends, sir," Nolan replied smoothly as Asher snickered from beside me. There was a weird feeling from the pit of my stomach at the word 'friend.'

  "So? Does that mean you don't find me daughter attractive enough to be more than your friend?" My father questioned. I mentally groaned. I was so not prepared for this type of interrogation. God, and this was the epitome of embarrassment.

  "Wh-what? No-no sir, I didn't mean it that way. She is very beautiful and I find her very attractive," Nolan stumbled out the words nervously and my cheeks reddened at his words. A funny feeling started burning at the pit of stomach at his words. And though a little cute, it was funny to see the bad boy of the school stumble in his words and lose his confidence for once. It was quite a refreshing scene. Everyone else at our table were watching Nolan with sly smiles etched on their faces.

  "So you are only her friend because you want to deflower my baby?" My father's voice boomed and I had goosebumps on my arms. I so couldn't imagine what Nolan was going through at the moment. My father was very stern and intimidating when he needed to be, when he found a potential threat. And right now, he seemed to find Nolan a potential threat to hurt me.

  It seemed to me that my father sure as hell knew how to make the bad boy piss in his pants. Nothing Nolan said, seemed to be working to get on my father's good side. 

  But then, Nolan though of something genius to get on his good side.

  "No, sir. I would never do that. Do you like watching cricket, sir ?" Nolan asked my father, a little more confidently as his attempt to please my father seemed to be working for a few moments. British men had a weird obsession with the game called 'cricket,' considering we found it. And my father was apparently, no different.

  "Cricket? I completely love cricket. Though I think, Alastair can be a better captain. We are kind of losing our touch because of the new aggressive players on our team these days. They should know how to stay put and not put your arrogance and aggression into the game. It just makes them and not strong enough to work as a team," My father started ranting about his views on the British cricket team. My father was, to put it bluntly, the Simon Cowell of cricket. He had flaws for every player out there, irrespective of their game.

  "I completely agree with you, sir ," Nolan smartly replied and our mouths sprang open. How did he manage to get my father talk to him so freely? Yes, of course, he manipulated my father to speak about something he so obviously loved.

  Ladies and gentlemen, I present you, Nolan, the manipulator.

  "Well, it's good that you agree with my opinions. You seem like a great kid for my daughter. Take care of he, okay. She's very stubborn but very entertaining," My father said as he and Nolan chuckled loudly as if they were old friends.

  "You don't, by any chance happen to be Benjamin's son Nolan Moore?" Asked my father curiously.

  "The very same," Nolan answered giving a tight lipped smile.

  "Really? Your father's my amazing friend," My father stated.

  "That's good to hear."

  "So, I guess I should be going then. Mind passing the phone to Cadence," My father said and I decided to snatch the phone away from Nolan.

  "Yes dad," I answered, though I forgot to put it back from speaker mode.

  "Next time, be a little more discreet while putting the phone on speaker. Don't be this obvious," My father said as he chuckled and my cheeks flushed in utter embarrassment.

  --

  "Hey there Mark? How was your day?" I asked from the couch, all snuggled up to the blanket as I watched him enter, a scowl on his face. I had returned from school an hour ago and Mark had gone out for a lunch with his old school friends. Judging by the scowl on his face, whatever happened must have been unpleasant. His brown hair was wet and looked all over the place. His white shirt had some red stains on it.

  "A stupid girl in the restaurant thought it was perfectly amazing for her to enter boy's restroom and when I entered, she thought I was going to rob her. So you know what she did? She filled her hands with the water from the tap and poured it all on me. Literally," My brother said as he scowled deeply and finished speaking it all quickly, in one breath.

  "Woah, there, tiger. Calm down. And really? I totally should have been there. God, it must have been hilarious," I said, chuckling quietly. Mark glared at me, hard, asking me to shut up from his pointed look.

  "Cad-Cad," He whined.

  "Okay, okay. I am sorry," I said, raising my hands in surrender.

  "And that's not the worst part of it. When I realized she was, I went to help her and you know what she did this time? She punched me with her wet hands. And man her punch sure as hell broke my nose," He muttered as he touched his nose that seemed a little crooked and winced in pain.

  "Want me to get you painkillers?" I asked, being the concerned sister that I was.

  "No, it's nothing I can't handle," He said. Men and their egos.

  "So tell me how that girl looked?" I asked and saw a small smile form on his face.

  "She had beautiful, fierce, red hair that were all over the place. Her eyes were green, doe like. And they were sad. Such beautiful eyes were sad. And she was wild with that water spilling and punches," He said, as he chuckled quietly.

  Ooh. My brother's got a crush on someone. Amazing. And here, instead of sparks flying, it was water that flew everywhere. Literally.

   "Aww. Does my big brother have a crush on a girl he just met?" I asked and watched as his cheeks tinted pink. I grabbed his cheeks and pinched his cheeks hard, making them more red.

  "Shut up," He said, weakly, though a smile fought to take over his lips.

  Before I could say anything, the front door opened to my house and Harriet hurried over inside with Hailey towing behind her.

  "Really Cadence? Under the doormat? Way to be obvious," Said Harriet as she pulled me in a bone crushing hug. I hadn't seen in her since two days, couldn't blame me, really.

  "I am so sorry I couldn't come with you yesterday. My grandfather wanted me to go with him to our old town," She said smiling sadly.

  "It's okay, Harriet, you don't worry about that," I said.

  "Oh and I heard your father had 'The Talk' with Nolan. I hand to go with my grandpa for a lunch. I missed it!" She whined, looking genuinely upset.

  "She's going crazy over it again and again," Muttered Hailey.

  "Now that I think about it, it was pretty funny," I said, chuckling quietly. She hit my shoulder playfully and glared at me. I just smiled sheepishly at her.

  "So, I believe you haven't met my idiot of a brother yet," I said motioning to my brother who stood behind her, and looked frozen for some weird reason.

  She shook her head wildly and asked,"Where is he?"

  "Right behind you," I muttered and as soon as the words were out of my mouth, she turned around gasped loudly.

  My brother was watching her with disbelief.

  "You!" I heard Harriet yell the same time Mark yelled loudly, "You!"

  And then, everything clicked into place. Harriet was the girl who spilled the water all over him and punched him hard.

  Talk about a small world.

  --

  Hope you all like the chapter! Wasn't that quite a surprise about Mark and Harriet? Funny right, the chapter was? I enjoyed writin it and I hope you enjoy reading it equally. Have a great day ahead, fellow Wattpaders!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.4K 133
Ming Xia traveled back from the interstellar era. Her head is full of advanced theories and black technology, but she only wants to learn the ancient...
68K 2.1K 200
Just funny interactions between the descendants characters. Pairings are bal, devie, Jonnie, jarlos, huma, gaudrey, Chad and Freddie. Warning: conta...
7.1K 590 20
yoongi hate Hoseok hoseok hate yoongi how the hell will they survive in their forced marriage?
510K 16K 50
[COMPLETED] ❝Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together.❞ Celeste Sawyer and Archer Rossi have bee...