t h i r t y n i n e

Song of the Day: I Can't Not Love You by Every Avenue.

Comment, vote and share!

T h i r t y n i n e

A shriek left my lips as I watched the burly man throw a punch at Nolan who avoided it just by an inch. Asher and Breckin were standing by my side, with Asher holding my hand trying to hold me down if I ever ran over to the ring and threw myself at the beefy man trying to protect Nolan.

At the sound of my shriek, Nolan's eyes moved to mine and he shot me a quick, sad smile before turning his attention back to the man who was waiting for an opportunity to throw a wild punch at Nolan. Nolan caught him by the arm and twisted it causing the man to groan loudly. I gulped when I saw the murderous look on Nolan's face. The man noticed it too and he glared harshly at Nolan who smirked at him, rather too cockily. The man tried using his legs and thrashed his feet around in a futile attempt to kick Nolan hard, and when his kick was just about to land at Nolan's gut, Nolan's other arm shot out and grabbed onto his leg, twisting his whole body down. A sigh left past my lips when I saw the man thrashing in Nolan's hold trying to aim a blow at his face.

"Don't worry, Cadence. Nolan knows what he's doing. He's not the best just without having some tricks up his sleeve," Asher muttered in my ear, his voice soothing as he rubbed my back in a way to calm me down.

I turned around to face him, and glared harshly at his face that was watching me, concernedly. "How can you both be so damn calm about this situation? Your best friend's murderous side is out!"

Breckin sighed loudly before answering, "We are accustomed to this part of him. This is something that soothes him and rests his inner demons that battle with his sensible part. We don't have a say in this."

"Inner demons?" I asked in a ridiculed tone. "What sort of inner demons he has that he has been battling with?"

"All in time, Cadence," This time Asher answered. "You'll know it all in time."

I shook my head, sighing loudly.

"I want to help him," My voice was a broken whisper. "Help him fight his demons."

"And he will let you," Asher said as he turned to me. "But please hold onto him. Don't let him go, you are what he needs in his life."

The emotions in me were all haywire and all I could manage was a weak nod.

My head snapped back to the ring where a dangerous looking Nolan was flinging raucous punches at the already seeming unconscious man who was laying on the ground with his arms spread apart. But Nolan didn't seem to stop. Even from a distance, I could see his eyes were glazed over and clouded with hatred and anger that I had never seen in him before. If he continued this sort of throwing wild punches at the poor man, he'd die and Nolan would be behind bars.

"It seems like 'Knuckle Chucker' is going to kill the 'Muscled Man' and continue his undefeated streak of two years," The guy who called himself 'Billy', who was the worst commentator in the history of commentators said into the mic as the people around us started cheering loudly and clapping. Did I, by any chance, mention that Nolan's name for the ring was 'Knuckle Chucker'? I didn't? Well, there you go. He couldn't have selected a more cliché name. If this would have been another time, I would have laughed so hard, tears would have been rolling down my cheeks out pf pure giddiness. But it wasn't another time and I had Nolan in front of e, going berserk. I had to stop hi madness, anyhow.

I turned to Asher. "Tell him to stop! He's going to kill the poor man."

"Only you can do that," Asher said.