t h i r t y

Song of the Day: Missing You by All Time Low.

Comment, vote and share!

T h i r t y

"Ouch! What was that for Hail?" I asked Hailey when she hit the back of my head. She just rolled her eyes in response.

"Yes Hailey, you should have hit her more," Complained Taylor as she glared at me in the process.

"What is wrong with you both? Harriet, help me here," I said as I turned to the fiery red head beside me.

"I don't think I can right now. I am pretty much busy plotting your brother's murder," She said as her eyes zoned out to the family picture on my bedside and glared at my brother's figure.

So like you can all imagine, after the day out with Cassidy and Nolan, I went to my job. When I returned these three were waiting for me with my brother who was staring at Harriet with rather discreet eyes trying not to get caught and whenever she glanced his way, he made sure to turn his love struck eyes into slits full of hateful glare. She didn't miss a beat and glared back at him. And then it started. The banter. Though it seemed like Mark had a ridiculous crush on her, it didn't stop him from insulting her. Not that I blamed him, really, Harriet was definitely the most touché person I had ever met in my life. She sure as hell knew how to insult someone. If I ever ran out of comebacks in my life, I will definitely go to her and ask for some, I mused.

We were currently sitting in my bed after eating the pizza Mark had ordered for all of us. Good thing he knew my toppings or else I would have to bear with the plain Mozzarella.

I told them three every detail of stuff that went down today and yesterday and said that I was very confused about Nolan's actions. He was practically giving my mixed signals. Signals that were confusing and just didn't make any sense to me. Those were types of signals Nolan was sending me. I told them about how Nolan took care of my when I was utter pains and also how he ordered my favourite food.

When I told them about this confusing thing, the first thing I received was a hit on my head by Hailey.

"It really isn't all that confusing. Trust me," Said Taylor as she looked at me sincerely.

And that was the exact moment, I snapped. Badly.

"Oh well, it is for me! Try being with such an infuriatingly annoying guy for two days in a row. That would do that to a person. Who am I kidding? The only guys you were with were the ones warming your bed while they were fucking your brains out," I snapped at her, harshness seeping through my tone.

Her eyes widened at my sudden outburst, a flash of hurt passing through it and her mouth gaped open. She closed and opened her mouth several times in order to get something out of it. At the end she just shook her head and looked at Hailey. "You take it over. I am done here." After that she stood up, probably to leave.

Have you ever felt instant guilt after doing or saying something terrible that was just supposed to be in the heat of the moment? I felt it. And the severity of it hit me once the words were out of her mouth. I felt like a monster that was capable of hurting someone with the vile, cruel words that gushed out of its mouth.

I instantly stood up and started to follow her to the door of my house, but not before rubbing my warm hands over face and sighing deeply.

"Taylor!" I called out to her. Her palm wrapped around the doorknob and she started to turn it around. I quickly sprinted to her and wrapped my hand around her palm to prevent her from opening the door.