Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack

2.5K 95 7
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite  

"Uh...okay" Luka says, getting up from the chair and following me.

"Bye Misty feel better soon. I'll try to come by and see you later on today, if I can" I call back to her, as Luka and I walk up the hallway.

When we get outside, I shift into my wolf and break into a running sprint towards home, and Luka follows.

"What's wrong Sophie, what's going on" Luka asks in a whimper, running at my side.

"I'll tell you when the meeting starts, it'll be easier that way" I reply back in a grumble, as we run on.

Luka doesn't know it yet, but this rivalry between us just got a bit more drastic. Not just for me, but for Ace as well, and one way or another this rivalry is going to end with this one final battle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

It took them no time at all before all the pack members were pouring into my living room, of course they all had to greet me witch did take a little while. Now everybody's sitting around in every square inch of space in my front room, and waiting for me to get this thing started.

I look over towards Luka who's sitting on the couch beside me, before I look back and face all my fellow pack members. I need to tell them the first part of this whole thing in a way that sounds at least somewhat believable, because what I think is wrong with Ace sounds so unbelievable it can't possibly be true. What I am about to reveal is a long, dark secret only among Alpha's, and in all honesty. I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way, but when it happens to one of our own. It means for me, all bets are off.

I look back towards Luka one more time, I let out a sigh before turning back around, and speaking. "Hello everyone, thank you for coming" I start. "Okay first off, I was able to go to talk to Misty today, and yes, she did confirm that Ace is planning an attack on the Emerald Stone Pack, at the end of March when the last of the snow melts. We think he's coming to kill Luka and anyone else who tries to protect him, so that he can take me back for his own. Now..."

I'm cut off when gasps fill the room.

"Let him try it. If that Alpha steps one more foot on to our turf, Dylan and I will happily tear him to shreds" Art says through his gritted teeth.

"Yes, I'm up for it if Art is" Mia says.

"I do know one thing" Elliot says, getting up from the floor and sitting on the couch beside Luka. "I'm not letting that psycho lay another hand on my brother. If he wants to kill Luka and everyone who protects him so badly, then why don't we attack him first?" Elliot asks, there is an uproar from my living room of agreement.

If they only knew what is really going on, and I wish there was a way that I can get it across to them now, without making it sound like it came from my imagination. The uproar in my living room is starting to sound like a full blown riot, with some of the pack members getting up from the floor, shouting and pumping their fists into the air.

"Actually, I don't think..." I try to say to them, but I'm drowned out by the noise.

"Actually guys, I think..." I try once more, but I'm cut off again.

My anger boiling over, I then suck in a deep breath. "Quiet!" I yell throughout the room, all the yelling and shouting stops in an instant. "Thank you. Now those who were sitting before, please return to your seat on the floor so that we can get this ball rolling once again" I command, and they all obey. "Okay, good. Now then if y'all would have let me finish, you guys would've heard me say that I don't think Ace himself is doing this."

"What do you mean? He is doing it himself, he even attacked one of his own pack mates himself. Don't you remember Alpha Sophie, we saw it happen through Misty's eyes when you showed us the memories from her mind" Says Andrew.

"Yes, I do recall. However, I don't think the wolf you guys saw in Misty's memories was Ace's true self. I mean I should know, I dated the guy" I tell them.

"Oh then if it wasn't his true self doing all that stuff, then who was it?" Andrew then asks.

I then let out a slight sigh. "I actually think it's his wolf that's doing all of this" I reply softly, and the whole room goes silent as if you can hear a pen drop. I know. I didn't know it at first, but then I saw this earlier this morning" I say, my eyes then turning a slight yellow, as I take a deep breath, and start to show them the images of Ace that I saw When Elliot and the others got back with Alex.

When the image of the look in Ace's eyes comes up in my mind, all the pack members jaws drop. I am so tempted to turn it off right there, the look being too much to see a second time, but I fight through it and let it carry on. When it finally ends, I look on.

"He's really let himself go, and in such a short amount of time..." Dylan says before he trails off, unable to say anything else.

"I know. Even Keith managed to get a bite out of him, and he's a beta" I tell him.

"In possible, what can make your wolf go crazy, and make a normal Alpha fall off the deep in like this?" Andrew then asks. "What could be the cause of something like this...?"

"Well..." I trail off, as I look back down towards Luka, he looks back at me and smiles. I then look back towards everyone. "It's caused by a psychological disorder among only Alpha's. Now keep in mind that this has been kept secret for thousands of years, and I wouldn't be telling you this if Ace's life wasn't on the line otherwise." The others nod their heads.

"Sophie, what psychological disorder are you talking about?" Luka asks, after a life time of being quiet.

I look down at him. "This is actually one of the things my dad did teach me along with my brothers before he died" I mumble, trying not to be heard. I then turn back. "It's a psychological disorder known simply as..." I trail off, and take a deep breath. "Mate Madness."

Elliot then gives me a confused look. "What's mate madness Alpha Sophie?" He then asks.

I then can feel all eyes of the pack on me. "Well" I begin. "That's going to take some explaining." "Okay. The life cycle for any Alpha is quite simple really, it's all about spreading your genes to the next generation. They're born, they train, they usually find their mate when they're sixteen or so, then they take over the pack, they then get married, have kids, and live happily ever after. But I'm sure most of you already knew that, am I right?" I ask.

Everyone nods.

I then take in another deep breath before I have to tell them this next part. "And that's how it normally happens, however. In rare cases, the Alpha in question does not find his mate by the time they're eighteen. When that happens a clock starts ticking, and something snaps inside. The wolf itself then starts to become mad and restless, and since the wolf is part of that person, the human form of that Alpha starts to suffer as well. Hints the name, in a crazy way it's like rabies for werewolves. Anyway. This carries on all throughout the nineteenth year, the depression like symptoms becoming more and more dire by the second, the loneliness becoming too much to bare alone. Then on their twentieth birthday, they, well..." I trail off, unable to finish my thought.

"Well, what happens to them?" Asks Art.

I take one last breath before I finish. "On their twentieth birthday, the Alpha's heart just stops, and they die of a broken heart." The room then comes alive with gasps. I then look over towards Luka, and he gives me a worried look.

"Would that have happened to you if you wouldn't have found me?" He asks.

"Yes it would've, but even if that did come close to happening Luka, I would be protected. Mate madness is one of the reasons Alpha's before me created that rule that says. When the Alpha turns eighteen, they can choose a mate for themselves, so that the numbers of mate madness cases would go down" I say. "Besides Luka. Since you and I found each other when we were both sixteen, that can't happen" I say, whispering to only him now. "You're not going to lose me, you're never going to lose me."

"Long story short, I think that's what's going on with Ace. I didn't start to consider it, until I started asking Misty questions and putting things together" I say. "Any questions?"

My uncle is the first one to raise his hand. "If this is true and Ace is suffering from mate madness, then why does he still want you back? He knows you already have a mate" He says.

I shake my head. "No, not in his mind I don't. When I was talking to Misty, she told me that Ace felt a mate like connection when I was with him. So in his mind I was his mate, but when I dumped him it felt like more of a rejection then a break up to Ace, and I think that's when something inside his wolf snapped. So in Ace's mind I am still his, and the Omega just stole me out from under him. In his mind he has to kill the wolf who stole from him, and then claim me for his own" I reply.

Amanda is the second one to stick her hand up. "Since Ace has a right to, and I know for fact he can, why doesn't he just pick a mate for himself? He is past eighteen after all" She then tells me.

I look her right in the eye. "Because he doesn't want to make the same mistake as he did with you Amanda" I tell her. "Look Alpha's don't like doing something wrong twice. Now when he became Alpha, he asked you to be his Luna, you turned him down because you had a pup, when he tried to force you into it by trying to kill Victoria, you stood up to him, because you were a mother you did have that right. Now Ace has figured out that he doesn't want to try that again, because if he has been rejected two times. Once by you, and then by me, what's going to stop it from happening again?"

"So what's going to happen to Ace now?" Susie asks in a worried tone.

"Well, all we can really do is stay positive for now, but if he doesn't find his mate before he turns twenty, Ace Summers will die and there isn't a thing we can do about it" I tell her, "All we can do is hope and pray for the best."

Elliot's eyes then go wide. "That's it, we have to tell him what's going on, now" He says urgently.

"No Elliot, we can't" I tell him. "Ace doesn't know he's sick, besides you saw how he reacted when you stumbled while trying to cross the river. If you even tried to cross back over that river, you would be made into wolf chow in a few minutes. I can't think what would happen if we would lose you, I know Luka would be broken hearted if you were to die, he loves you, and we all do." Luka then leans over, and wraps his arms around his brother's neck. "Are there any more questions before we move on?" I then ask.

They all shake their heads no. "No Sophie. There are no others, please go on" My Uncle says.

"Okay, moving on" I start. "Alright, now. Just in case Ace doesn't find his mate by the end of March, and this does lead to a fight, we have to be prepared and ready for anything he and his pack can throw at us. Now..."

"But, Alpha, how can we take on Ruby Stone when we don't even have half the man power he does?" Asks Chris. "We don't have the numbers Sophie."

I just simply smirk. "No actually. We do have the numbers, in fact, we have enough man power to make it even with the rival pack in question. We've always have had even numbers all along, but Luka and I have only just realized it. To think it was right in front of our faces this whole time, and we didn't even see it" I say.

"What do you mean Alpha?" All the pack members seem to ask me in sync with each other, I then turn towards Luka with a smile on my face.

"You want to tell them?"

"You know I'm not so good at explaining things to people, Sophie, why do I have to tell them?" He then asks back in a low tone.

"Because it was your brilliant idea in the first place."

"I know, but I don't want to take the credit" Luka says.

"Why do you not want to take the credit for a great idea that you came up with?" I ask him, slightly curious.

"I just don't feel comfortable, that's al..." Luka starts, but then stops when a female's voice cuts him off.

"So that's why you wanted me to be here Alpha" Says the voice.

I turn back towards the sound, to see a middle aged woman with long wavy brown locks and bright blue eyes coming out from a dark corner of the room, her hair swaying side to side down her back as she walks over towards Luka and me.

"The hybrids. Come on Alpha, you have got to be joking" Art chuckles as she walks past him. She in return gives him a firm punch to the jaw. "Ow" He then says, rubbing the spot where her angered fist met his skin as soon as she passes by. Mia who's sitting by his side just looks on with a wide grin on her face. Any other time someone hits her mate. Mia would be more than happy to rip their throats out, but when he makes rude comments or judge's people like he normally does, she's more than happy to let him learn his lesson.

"Sorry you had to see that Alpha, he got under my skin" She tells me, almost apologetically.

I shake my head. "No need to be apologetic Michelle, we've all been there" I tell her. "Nobody's perfect."

Hybrids as we call them, are the result of a werewolf being mates with a pure human. A Hybrid happens when the baby is born with his or her mom's human genes, but without her father's werewolf gene, the outcome is a human like child that cannot shift into a wolf, but unlike a pure human he or she is gifted with exceptional strength, hearing, sight, speed, and a quick temper. Trust me, you don't want to get them upset. They make up almost half of our pack, and they're mostly can be found in the Gamma Village with a few scattered around the territory here and there.

I then turn my attention towards Art. "Arthur. If you don't have anything good to say on your mind, you keep that big mouth shut. I tell him firmly. "Is there an understanding between us?"

"Yes Ma'am" He replies in a respectful tone.

I turn back towards Michelle." Now then. We're going to need every bit of man power we have, that means every Hybrid and pure human we've got we're going to need. So Michelle, what this means is..." I get cut off by Michelle.

"Alpha Sophie, I'm so sorry, but the Hybrid's and pure humans can't help you wolves because we don't know how to fight" She then says.

"Don't worry, we'll teach you guys" I tell her.

She gets a big smile across her face when the penny finally drops. "Wait, you mean..." Michelle then trails off, happiness growing in her tone.

I nod my head. "Yes, it's time to teach the pure humans and the Hybrid's how to fight alongside us" I reply. "So in the morning all werewolves, pure humans, and hybrids will meet at the meeting valley to begin training for what lies ahead." Aunt Sherry that means you and Shelby to" I say through the pack mind link, at the mention of his mate's name my uncle perks up slightly. "In the morning both you and Shelby will join the others for the first round of training. You two may return to the hospital when training's done or if need be."

"Understood Sophie, we'll both be there" She says, right before she cuts the link, probably to go tell Shelby.

"This plan is amazing Alpha. We're almost even in numbers and man power with Ace's pack now, you did great coming up with it" Andrew compliments.

I shake my head. "Don't thank me. Thank Luka, he came up with this plan all on his own" I tell him, and all the heads turn towards Luka.

"You really came up with that on your own young Alpha' Andrew then asks him, Luka nods.

"In possible" Says Art.

"How'd you do it?" Dylan asks him, I then sit back and let Luka take it away.

"Well One day while we were out in Bloodstone Canyon. I just so happened to ask Sophie's Uncle if we had any Hybrids in the pack, and he told me that they made up half of the pack not counting the wolves" He tells him. So fast forward to yesterday's meeting. I over heard someone say that we don't have the numbers and that Ace has over half of what we do, that's when I started doing the math, and out of nowhere this idea popped into my head."

"And it was a great idea" I tell him. "If anyone thinks otherwise about Luka's plan of attack, speak up now." The room goes silent, I cut my eye over towards Luka to find him smiling from ear to ear. Okay. We'll start training at dawn, until then you're all dismissed" I say

So that was Luka's plan. I hope it works, I think to myself. Also I hope that Ace's situation doesn't reach the end result.    

==================================================

As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 11.2K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...
750K 41.6K 37
(Featured in Werewolf) Parker Westwood is well on her way to qualifying for the US woman's gymnastics team. Determined to be on that podium in red w...
30.4K 1.1K 42
Winter, a pack slave, also known as Pseudo wolf by everyone, designated omega. Broken beyond repair and she learned to embrace it. But never in her l...
2.8M 75.6K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...