You And Me (Gallavich)

By kingshultz

He's dying. He didn't think about everything he failed to accomplish in life, but he more pitied himself for... More

You're A Shining Distraction
You Make Me Fly
You Calm My Mind
You're Not A Constant Star
Let You Use Me
Not Done Yet
Falling For You
Fool's Gold
First To Admit
I'm Reckless
Lost In Your Beauty
I Can't Sleep
Two Feet In Front Of Me
I Know In My Heart
You're Just a Moving Part
New Addition to the Family
A
One More and One Less Sibling
Decide: Siblings or Lover?
Help Me, Mickey
War
...Now What?
You And Me
Kash 'N Dash
Please, Don't Do This...
"ROTC, you can fuck off."
This Is Goodbye
It Hurts Inside
Hello guys
Rehab Needed
I Wish You Never Came Back
I Love You
I Saved You (fuck off, casey)
When Ian Met Mickey
Sex Addict 2.0
Only you, Milkovich
Ian the Runner
KASH
Murder Solutions
Domestic Violence
update

Ever Heard Of Moving On?

5.1K 225 690
By kingshultz

"The fuck did you do to your hair?"

Mickey rolled his eyes and sent a dirty look to Dean. He self-conciously ran a hand through the blonde mess. "I changed it up, that alright with you?"

"Hey, don't like at me sideways. I'm just a curious guy."

Mickey just ignored his boss and got to work on the car that was brought in yesterday, before his and Ian's fight. His stomach dropped everytime he thought about it. Mickey couldn't believe he had basically broken up with the kid. Because I don't love you...
Mickey shook his head, not wanting to think of that right now. He took his mind off by concentrating on fixing the car and by listening to the music from the radio behind him.

"Heyo!" Dean called from his office. Mickey looked up and squinted at him in the sun. "I got three job interviews today. Any of them come in send them straight to my office."

"You got it," Mickey replied. Almost as soon as he turned around, he noticed a man walking towards the garage. He wiped his hands with a rag and squinted through the sunlight. The man came finally into view.

He had brown hair, was taller than Mickey and had pouty lips. Tattoos littered his bare arms and he held a bag in his left arm. Mickey spoke as the man approached him, "You here for an interview?"

"I'm James," the man replied, reaching his hand out to shake Mickey's. His voice was surprisingly deep and he had a thick Brooklyn accent. "I was on leave."

"Oh shit, I'm Mickey," Mickey shook his hand. "Uh, sorry about your loss."

James shook his head. "It's all good. I'm gonna head to the back and change and talk to Dean a little bit. I'll be out to take some of the work off your shoulders."

James pat Mickey's shoulder and walked to the back.

---

Mickey was taking to the drag racer lady when James returned, full in uniform.

"...just don't drag race again," Mickey was saying as James approached him. "It's bad for you and your car."

James put a hand on the car. "Sorry to interrupt, I'll be on that car in the back. Holler if you need me."

Mickey nodded. He sent the lady off with the car, counting the cash she gave. He looked back at the rows of cars filling the garage and sighed. Dean's Garage was far more popular than Mickey had thought.

"Mickey!"

Mickey sucked in a deep breath at the sound of Fiona's voice. He didn't acknowledge her, knowing why she must be coming. Instead he popped the hood of another car and went to work on it, inspecting the engine.

Fiona jogged towards him and stood next to the car. Mickey glanced at her from the corner of his eye but said nothing. She looked confused, eying his bleached hair. "Mickey. Have you seen Ian?"

"Nah," Mickey lied smoothly, standing up straight. He wiped his hands with a rag while looking Fiona in the eye. "Hasn't come around. He back?"

"Don't bullshit me," Fiona replied, following him as he went to get a new set of tires. "Kid's a mess. What did you do to him?"

"Why is everything always my fault?" Mickey spat out, returning to the car, Fiona on his tail. "I ain't his fucking keeper."

"Didn't say you where, but for some reason everytime Ian's in shit it involves you."

"Yeah, well don't worry about me anymore. I'll be out of all your lives."

Fiona froze. "Mick, that's not what I meant."

"I don't fucking care, alright?" Mickey bit out tiredly. He met Fiona's eyes. "I'm over it. Just fuckin' let me... move on. Please."

"Did you guys... break up? Like officially?"

Mickey shrugged, looking down at the car. He rubbed a hand over his face, no doubt rubbing the grease oil on his cheek. "I said what I had to. Not my fault the kid leaves and expects me back at his feet in a second like some bitch."

"Mickey," Fiona said softly. It made Mickey's insides hurt. "Loving someone doesn't make you a bitch."

Mickey looked up at Fiona. "You think I love him?"

Fiona was taken aback. "What, you don't?"

Mickey didn't reply. Instead he turned his full attention back to the car and started detaching the tires. "Where's he now?"

"I was hoping you could tell me."

"Yeah, well. Bad luck for you 'cuz I got no clue."

Fiona stayed silent for a minute, watching Mickey work. The music James had put on could be heard faintly in the bag as the two listened silently, Mickey bent down replacing the tires of the car and Fiona watching. "So," Fiona sighed after a while. "What's with the hair?"

"Some girl at The Alibi dyed it for me," Mickey grumbled. He attached the tire and startling drilled it into the car. "Figured I needed a change."

"Whose that?" Fiona asked, gesturing towards James who was busily working a car. "He's cute."

"He's taken," Mickey replied. It was kind of a lie, since he actually didn't know, but James seemed like the taken type of guy. And also because Mickey didn't want Fiona going for a guy who works with him.

Fiona sighed and put a hand on Mickey's shoulder. "So I guess what I'm asking from you is to just... stick around y'know? We really do like having you around, Mickey."

Mickey didn't reply. Fiona took it as the chance to add one another thing. "By the way, Liam won't shut up about you. He really want to hang out with Mickey again."

That made Mickey smile a little. Fiona walked away, leaving the garage.

It was later, when Mickey was on the couch with a coke can in his hand that Mandy spoke to him. They hadn't had much time for each other the past few weeks, what with Mandy and her relationship with Lip that was extremely on the down low, Mickey being one of the only people aware of the relationship. Mandy dropped down on the couch next to her brother, leaving the a space between them. She eyed the television, getting lost in the Law and Order episode before remembering she was here for Ian.

"You seen Ian?" She asked, getting right to the point. Mickey didn't seem surprised. He just grunted. "How was he? I haven't seen him yet. Fiona said he hasn't been home since this morning."

Mickey didn't say anything, but Mandy wasn't an idiot. She could see guilt literally oozing off of her older brother. She wanted to know what Mickey had said to Ian. "I don't fucking know, I haven't seen him either."

Mandy raised her eyebrows. "Oh. He didn't come around at all?"

"He came to the garage yesterday  but-"

Mandy looked at her watch, which cut Mickey off. He squinted his eyes at the sparkly gold watch. "Where'd you get that?"

Mandy looked up at Mickey and shrugged. "Lip and I been up to a few things here and there."

Mickey felt a surge of jealousy run through him. That was him and Ian who would do crazy shit like that, robbing expensive things and wearing them proudly the next day. Lip and Mandy were just some low class copy of his relationship with Ian. He shook his head sadly. Jesus, why is he saying these things? He just misses what he had with Ian.

"Suit up," Mandy said as she stood up, patting Mickey's arm. Mickey furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do I look like fucking Captain America to you? What the fuck do you mean 'suit up'?"

"We gotta go," Mandy gaped at Mickey when she realized he didn't know. "Oh my god. Do you actually not know what I'm talking about?"

"No."

"Sebastian? Childhood friend? Sells you guns? Ringin' any bells yet?"

Mickey rolled his eyes. "Yeah, what about him?"

"He's getting married today, in like two hours. I can't believe you didn't know."

Mickey's eyebrows shot up. "No shit, to who?"

"A girl he's been dating for like three years, apparently. How did you not know?"

"I don't know? Nobody ever told me I guess."

"Well, you going or not?"

"That's my best fuckin' friend, of course I'm going."

Mickey was all dressed in a suit he found deep in his closet, and Mandy was wearing a casual black dress, hair and makeup done. They were waiting for Lip to reach their house, since they'd all take the L together. The kid showed up twenty minutes late.

"You should've taken all fucking night," Mickey complained sarcastically as Lip kissed Mandy on the cheek, apologizing for his tardiness.

"Nice to see you too, Mickey," Lip replied, eying Mickey's hair. "You look good."

Mickey turned his head and glared at the boy, parting his hair to the right in the mirror with gel.

Soon enough the three arrived to the shitty reception hall, Mickey left to fend off the crappy food while Mandy and Lip got lost in each other's eyes on the dance floor. They'd been at the wedding a good hour, the bride still not having come out yet. Mickey was tried and frankly, a little bored.

He picked at his plate of food, finally giving up and instead taking his cigarettes out. Mandy had advised him about the strict 'no smoking' rule in the hall earlier, but fuck it. If Mickey started listening to whatever the fuck Mandy was saying then he would he a completely different person.

He was in the back of the hall anyway, nobody should notice. He lit the cigarette and smoked away, the smoke mixing in with the dimmed lights. It was relaxing. The couples were now dancing on the floor, Sebastian gleaming. For some reason the vows would he exchanged later on, when the fucking bride decided to show. Mickey still didn't even know who she is.

Mickey was surprised to see that Jamie had showed. He didn't look half bad in his suit, the kid actually classed himself up. The biggest surprise was the prosthetic eye replacing the hole that was once Jamie's left eye. Jamie walked up to Mandy, exchanging a few words before looking around and noticing Mickey. He walked up to his younger brother with a grin.

"What's up Mickey?" Jamie asked, sliding into the booth. Mickey tapped the ash off his cigarette.

"Fixed your eye, huh?" Mickey replied. Jamie shrugged.

"Was inspired. There's a lotta people with prosthetic eyes and arms and all that's shit. It's pretty cool. Ever heard of Fetty Wap?"

Mickey didn't respond. Instead he stubbed the butt of his cigarette on the table and sighed. The two brothers sat in silence for a while.

"Colin's here too, and Iggy," Jamie said after a while. He paused before adding, "saw your lover too. He's in the back, I think he knows you're here. That's why he's keeping distance. You talked to him yet?"

"Broke it off," Mickey replied roughly. Jamie seemed surprised.

"The army huh?" Mickey gave his brother a look. "Fiona told me a little. He left you for the army."

"Whatever." Jamie's words stabbed Mickey like a knife. He left you for the army.

Jamie must've sensed the discomfort because he quickly covered his words up. "Real asshole move of the guy. Never trusted that firetruck fuck."

That lightened Mickey up a little. He snorted and pushed at his brother.

"Boys."

Mickey and Jamie both looked up surprisedly at Colin who slid in on Mickey's other side. He put a hand on Mickey's shoulder comfortably. "Hey Mickey. How are you?"

Mickey shrugged. "Fine."

Colin gave a look to Jamie and in a few seconds Jamie was gone, off to the dance floor. Mickey looked at his eldest brother questionably.

"I talked to Ian," Colin started. Mickey's eyes widened. "Gave him a a nice earful. But I'm willing to let him have another chance with you. Are you?"

"No," Mickey grumbled. "Fuck Colin- I don't know if I can even trust him anymore."

"That's okay," Colin replied. "Mickey, trust is something you need to build. Buildings get broken down sometimes, but they can still be rebuilt. Ian's a good kid. He fucked up, he really did, but you gotta hear the kid out. I only want what's best for you Mick, and you were real happy with that guy whether you admit it or not."

"Somehow it's only my ass whose gotta fix everything," Mickey sighed as he stood up. "I'll clear things up with him. But that don't mean we gonna be together or anything."

Colin gave Mickey a look too smug for the youngster's liking. Rolling his eyes, Mickey went out back, where Jamie had said he'd seen Ian. The metal door shut loudly behind Mickey as he entered the cool, crisp weather, shivering a little. He looked side to side through the dark alley, squinting his eyes to notice the gray smoke floating in the air from beside a dumpster. He began walking slowly towards the person, stopping a few feet ahead when he saw Ian.

Ian was leaning against the wall next to the dumpster, smoking away. He had a snap back on his head, twisted backwards. A light stubble dotted his face. His eyes were casted towards the concrete and his leg was bent against the wall, but Mickey knew the redhead was aware of his presence. Ian exhaled smoke as he spoke. "You know what alley this is?"

His throat sounded sore and gravely. Mickey cringed at the amount of cigarette butts by his feet. Mickey cleared his throat and looked around. "Uh, no?"

"The one you got stabbed in," Ian replied in a low, quiet voice. Mickey barely heard it. He looked up at Mickey, his right foot coming down as he pushed himself off the wall and walked towards Mickey. "Do you wanna know where I really went?"

Mickey hadn't noticed that this was his nightmare alley. He looked around, it was too dark for him to recognize it. But Ian was right, Mickey felt a deja vu sort of feeling as he stood there. Mickey narrowed his eyes at Ian's casual outfit. It was nice. There was class to it. Nothing Ian wore before. He was wearing a fucking jean jacket for crying out loud. Mickey's attention went back to Ian when the red head flicked his cigarette to the floor. "Of course I wanna fucking know."

Ian swallowed and basically pressed himself up against Mickey, looking down at him. His eyes flicked around nervously. Mickey looked up at Ian with intensity, his fists clenching. Don't try nothing. Ian shoved his hands in his own pockets. "I left the army a month after being in there. It just wasn't right without you."

Mickey's gaze softened. His fists were still clenched. Ian continued. "After I left the army I did a little digging. I set out to find Kash. The asshole who did that to you."

Ian put his hand on Mickey's abdomen, right above his scar as if he'd memorized where it was. Mickey's eyes flickered to Ian's chest. He couldn't look at him, or else he'd end up right back at the red head's feet.

"I found Kash, Mick."

Mickey looked at Ian with surprise. "Where?"

Ian's hand didn't move. "With your mom."

Mickey furrowed his eyebrows. "She's alive?"

"Colin never said he had killed her, did he?" Mickey shook his head. "Because he didn't. Kash and Maria were still alive. I..."

Mickey could tell from Ian's face something was wrong. He immediately toughened up. "What? You what, Ian?"

"I killed Kash," Ian replied in the smallest voice Mickey had ever heard. Mickey froze. Ian's eyes were red, even in the dark light Mickey could see the tears rolling down Ian's face. Ian's hand came up to fiddle with Mickey's tie. "I-I killed him."

"You killed Kash?" Mickey whispered sharply, his hand gripping Ian's wrist. Ian met Mickey's eyes. "How?"

"I just... I saw him and I couldn't help myself," Ian sniffled, eyes hardening. "After what he did to you, I knew he had to go one way or another..."

"And Maria?"

Ian gulped. "She caught me. She watched me kill him, in the field. Then she helped me bury him. We didn't say a word to each other, but when we finished she told me to take care of you and then she left."

"Where?"

"I don't know."

Mickey couldn't believe his ears. "But Kash... how-"

"I texted him, not expecting a reply. I told him to meet me in the field and being that he was still fucking in love with me or something, he came. I had a gun- your gun Mickey. Your pistol, with the MM carved into the side. I carved IG on the other side, I hope you don't mind..."

Mickey looked at Ian in disbelief. "My gun? Where is it? Did you leave it there?"

"No, I have it, at home."

"Are the cops on your ass?"

"Linda probably called them by now, unless she's used to her husband disappearing for weeks."

"Fuck, Ian," Mickey croaked out, digging the heels of his hands into his eyes.

He moved away from Ian and turned his back to the boy, looking at the star lit sky. He swallowed his tears away. When he turned back, Ian had tears streaming down his red face.

"I'm sorry Mick, I really am," Ian whispered into the dark night. Mickey didn't want to hear it. "I know I'm a fuck up, alright? I can't imagine what I put you through but... it was for you, okay? All of it, was for you."

"You killed someone for me," Mickey scoffed. "That supposed to be romantic?"

"Please don't leave me, Mick. Please don't," Ian begged. "I can't do this without you... please."

"Ian, I-" Mickey sighed, already feeling tears prick his eyes again. "Why do you have to make everything so fucking hard?"

"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking stupid and I fucked up and I ruined your life and I am sorry. Let me make it up to you. Please, just... I'm sorry."

"Whatever, I forgive you-"

"No, Mickey don't do that!" Ian cried out loudly. Mickey was stunned. "Don't forgive me! I fucked up!"

"What the fuck do you want me to do, Gallagher?!" Mickey shouted back. "You're begging me for what? What?!"

Ian croaked, "another chance. Just one more chance with you."

"You are too much for me, Ian," Mickey shook his head, turning around and walking back towards the door exasperatedly. "You fucking asshole."

"Did you mean it?"

Mickey turned around. "Mean what?"

"You said you didn't love me," Ian's chin was up, fighting tears. "Did you really mean it?"

Mickey looked at the ground, then back up at Ian. "I did once."

"You did once?"

"I loved you, once. Then you left. You took my love with you."

"Mickey don't go."

"I'm doing good now," Mickey said. "I'm done drinking, I'm done fighting. You hear about the bar fight in the Alibi? I knocked the guy out so hard he ended up in the hospital. That's when I crossed the line. I fixed myself, Ian. I got a job, and I got my family back. Good shit happened to me when you left. Why is that?"

Ian didn't reply. Mickey continued.

"Because I started to focus. No distractions. I didn't need that pain anymore, the falling in love bullshit pain. I was good without it. Maybe Ian... we gotta just, stay friends or whatever."

"Friends?" Ian asked.

"Yeah," Mickey replied, a small smile at his lips. "Friends. We can do that."

"Okay," Ian replied quietly. Mickey pitied his look of sadness. He walked towards Ian and put a hand on the back of the boy's neck, pulling the red head down. He kissed Ian's forehead, letting his lips linger way longer than they needed to. He heard Ian let out a sharp intake of breath, before relaxing in Mickey's hold completely. Ian smiled when Mickey pulled away. "Thanks. Love the hair, by the way."

Mickey groaned, feeling self conscious about his hair again. He ran a hand through it. "Fuck off. I gotta keep washing it until the colour fades."

"It's cute." Mickey snorted, pushing Ian lightly. Ian laughed and put his hands on Mickey's head, massaging his scalp. Mickey almost moaned, he missed the feeling of Ian's hands. In all honesty, his pants tightened a little at the feeling. "You're beautiful, Mickey."

"The hair isn't."

"Everything about you is perfect. You're gorgeous, from your tallest hair to your longest toe. You're amazing."

Mickey looked up at Ian and smiled. "You too, Ian."

They should've kissed, but the word "friend" blared in both boy's ears. Ian moved his hands and pulled his phone out. "Smile, Milkovich."

The two boys reentered the reception hall, both wondering how long they could hold each other off.

44 votes, 30 comments for the next chapter.

Sorry for the late update. Very stressed atm but it won't happen again. Love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 2.6K 47
just read
610K 52.8K 35
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
634K 7.7K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
129K 5.4K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...