Ambience ~ n.m.

By honeycrispcringe

"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. The... More

1; It Begins
2; I Tell You Time and Time Again
3; In The Middle of Nowhere
4; A Spectacular End
5; The Slayer
6; What Do We Fight For?
7; Mother Dearest
8; The Fake Original Ball
9; Chains Are Never Comfortable
10; The Shattered Girl
11; Trust Is Something Earned
12; A Heart of Darkness
13; Do Not Be Gentle
14; Before It Happened
15; The Departed
16; Growing Together
17; Remember The Hell
18; Hydro-Powered Hunter
19; Tell This Life Goodbye
20; The Welcome Committee
21; Days Like This
22; Tell Me That It Isn't True
23; Negotiated Freedom
24; Caught In The Spider's Web
25; Go To Sleep
26; Ten Pounds Of Shit
28; Blast From The Past
29; The Pain Won't Stop
30; Just Cremate Them Already
31; Floods Rush In
32; The Center Of My Soul
33; Recovery For The Broken
34; Daycare From Hell
35; Homicide Is Never An Answer
36; FjΓΆrgyn
37; Sand On Bourbon Street
38; Uneasy Possibilities
39; A Closer Walk To Thee
40; The War
41; Binkies And Coffins
42; Bruises Over Wounds
43; Paradise For A Time
Blood Draws Blood
The Family Feeling
Chasing A Demon
The Day Of
The Tranquility Of Eden
Burn The Surrender's Flag
The Damned Dress In A Veil Of Blood
The Devil Catches Fire
Goodnight, I Love You
A/N Voting
We All Needed You
Soul Dealer
Crown Of Bones
Prying Open Dead Eyes
Voting (again)!
WE WON - tag games - eclipse stuff
The Water That Drowns Us
The Sea Of Lost Souls
I Hold With Those Who Favor Fire
Hanging The Moon Over Our Heads
Is It Hell Or The Wild Side?
Easy Mistakes
Who's This Chick Again?
Savior
Ghosts Of The Past
Wild Hearts
Slaughtered Angels
Heart Shaped Coffins
The Weapon Named from Desire
a/n : hiatus - vacation - school
Possible Q&A?
Important Author's Note

27; Poison Tastes Sweet

7.5K 246 35
By honeycrispcringe

'Calling Me' by Aquilo

"A sudden thought of disbelief clouds my every conscience.

But how do we seek refuge here?

I panic a bit to find out that this is all I've got.

I panic a bit to find out that this is all I need."

I hadn't slept much last night, but when I finally did, waking up in the morning brought me nothing but dread. Klaus and I had separated rooms, he stayed in his and I was given a new, brighter one. Like last night, it was emotionally draining.

The morning sun welcomed me, but it wasn't mutual. Why did it have to shine today? Couldn't it be rainy and horrible to match my saddened state? No, of course not. I had to feel worse about myself with the golden sun seeping through the cream drapes and to the cream bedspread. Why couldn't this be black like Klaus'?

I slept in yesterday's clothes and I cried off every bit of makeup from yesterday. My hair was knotted and probably looked like a rats nest. I sniffed sadly as I sat up and saw the other side of the bed empty.

I needed to stop this pitiful attitude. Yesterday happened and I don't know how I'll fix it or if I ever will. I know for sure that feeling sorry for myself wasn't the way to fix it. And I wasn't going to force myself to feel bad about lying. Everything I've done has been in protecting the ones I love, whether Klaus understood that or not.

I stood up and took a deep breath. I walk to the bathroom and take a very long shower. I wash my matted hair and cleansed myself of my sadness. I didn't really feel hungry, but I knew that I have to at least eat something for the baby.

I jumped out of the shower and dressed into something that made me feel confident. Black jeans that somehow fit over my growing belly, a bright red, backless but flowy shirt, and black boots. I braided my short hair into braids to keep it out of the way and put minimal makeup.

I walk downstairs, but nearly fell down the last few steps. I let out a breath and used the railing to keep myself upright. I sat down on the bottom step and breathed to calm my fast beating heart. I started to feel nauseous and dizzy. My knees shook so violently, I felt like I was on a roller coaster.

"Harper? Are you okay?" Hayley asks me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I shook my head.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

I shook my head in confusion as my head danced from reality to fantasy. "Do you want me to get Klaus?" she asked. My attention shot straight up at his name and I look up to her.

"No. I'm okay. Just help me get to the kitchen," I order her. She mutters a light 'okay' before putting her arm under my shoulder blades. She helps me stand, but my legs can barely do that. She basically carries me to the kitchen, but stops. My eyes are closed as I hear voices talk around me.

"What the hell happened?" a voice asks Hayley.

"I don't know. I found her, nearly throwing up on the stairs," she replies.

I feel all eyes go to me, but don't have the energy to look up. "How long has it been since she's eaten?" a familiar voice asks Hayley.

"No clue," another voice replies.

Another pair of arms takes me, this time, they're stronger. I feel my body being set down on a chair. I rest my arms and head on a table in front of me. Minutes later, I hear a glass bowl being set in front of me. I will my eyes open and see a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal, with Elijah sitting next to me. I force me head up and grab the spoon. I take a bite and in a minute the Lucky Charms are gone. I felt like a million bucks, after that single bowl of cereal.

"Oh my God," I groan as I swallow the last mouthful.

"How long has it been since you've eaten, Harper?" Elijah asks me with concern laced through his voice.

"I forgot to eat yesterday," I tell him with an embarrassed mutter.

"You forgot?" he asked in disbelief.

"A lot happened yesterday, okay? I just forgot," I say looking at my hands.

He sighs and grabs the bowl. He stands up and goes to the kitchen counter, pouring more cereal and milk into the bowl. Elijah comes back and sets the bowl in front of me again. I smile sheepishly and eat the cereal, a little more slowly this time.

"Your back," I acknowledge for the first time.

"To protect you and the baby, yes. I see that no one's been doing a great job of," he sighs.

"I'm fine," I tell him, rolling my eyes.

"You yourself haven't been taking care of yourself. You didn't even remember to eat," Elijah says to me, making me feel slightly guilty. Rebekah comes through the kitchen dragging a girl's dead body by the wrist. My face twists into disgust.

"Add bleach to the shopping list, will you?" Rebekah sighed as if bothered by her own chore. She passed through the kitchen to the back yard.

"They've been doing a fantastic job," I finally tell Elijah, making him look up at me. "Your siblings, I mean. The witches tried to kill me, because they're convinced my baby is Lucifer. So, I'm not dead, but your brother is angry at me because of me protecting and keeping Davina from you guys," I tell him.

"I am quite angered myself, Harper," Elijah confesses.

I sigh and set down the spoon in the bowl. "You're the only person who can understand this, Elijah. I saved and protected her for a reason. Yes, she was nearly killed by those batshit crazy witch elders, but it's more to that to me," I start, making him look me in the eyes. "After being with her, she reminded me so much of-"

"Elena," he realized. I nodded.

"Elena before our parents died. Elena before she ever knew about vampires. Elena before she herself was ever a vampire," I sigh, shaking my head.

Elijah puts a hand on my shoulder. "If it makes you feel better, Harper, I do understand," Elijah told me, making me smile. "Have you told Klaus?" Elijah asks.

"Like he'd understand," I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"He loves you. He won't be angry with you forever, Harper. Just remember that," Elijah tells me with a reassuring smile. "Back to the murderous witches, I have some concerns," he changes the subject.

"They're evil witches that want to kill me and my baby, and my life is still magically linked to Sophie Devereaux, which does not comfort me," I tell him.

"Yes, I think it is time we took care of that little problem," Elijah tells me.

"I am all for it," Rebekah comes back without the dead body. "As soon as they are unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?" Rebekah asks, making me smirk.

"Probably no one., Elijah calls out. I give him a look that screams 'really?'. "All right. Potentially everyone," Elijah reevaluates.

"That's better," I smile wickedly.

______

I decided to stay home. It's better than distressing the situation between Klaus and I further. I wondered if Elijah was right about telling him about Davina being some sort of symbolism. I also wondered if it was wrong and selfish if I used Davina for that.

Suddenly, it felt as if my neck was being stabbed. "Ah!" I yell out at the tinge of pain, putting my hand to my neck. I took my hand away and saw that blood coated my fingers.

"What the hell was that?" Rebekah asks me.

"I don't know. It felt like I was just stabbed." My face lit up with realization as Rebekah's hand moved my braid from my neck to see blood. "Sophie. Something happened to Sophie," I say, looking into Rebekah's blue eyes. Rebekah ushered me to sit down.

I set a hand on my stomach and eyed Rebekah as she came in the room with a heaping bowl of apples. "Time for the demon spawn to snack!" she announced.

"I wish you wouldn't call it that," I tell her with a frown.

"Sorry, have you picked another name yet?" she asks.

"Why do you call the baby an it?" Rebekah asks.

"Well, I don't know the gender yet. What should I call the baby at this point," I ask.

"Start thinking of names. I hope you weren't stabbed to badly." She changes the subject. "Take one. The plantation's lousy with them." Rebekah holds the bowl out to me. I pluck a red apple from the middle and look up at her as she sets it down on the coffee table.

"How's the neck?" she asks.

"It's okay, which is kind of suspicious. I'm positive that this has to do with Sophie somehow," I sigh, rubbing the spot on my neck. It really worried me. If sophie died, so would the baby and I.

"Well, do me a favor and don't die on my watch. I'll never hear the end of it," she huffs, making me laugh.

"You know, when I met you, I thought you were the world's top bitch," I confess with a laugh.

"What changed your mind?" Rebekah asks.

"I think you're the top classiest bitch. I've just grown to find your bitchiness one of your greatest aspects," I chuckle and smile

"That's really sweet, Harper. Remember it when I'm gone," Rebekah tells me.

"Gone? Where are you going?" I ask with a frown appearing on my face.

"I only came to town to check if everything was okay with Elijah. He's fine, and he hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so, as usual, they'll be thick as thieves, and I'll be left to clean up the mess," she explains to me.

"Oh. Sorry," I mumble to her before bringing the apple to my mouth. Then, feeling a sweep of nausea rush through me, causing my to drop the apple and put my head in my hands.

"What's wrong?" she asks worried.

"I don't know. Probably morning sickness," I state.

She puts a hand to my forehead. "You're burning up, actually." Rebekah brought me upstairs to my bedroom and lay me down on the revolting cream bedspread. I was beginning to sweat, and cough. "Stop fussing, will you? Klaus will be here any minute," she assures me rubbing my chest with a cold, damp rag.

"You'd be fussing to if you felt like your blood has been set on fire," I retort weakly.

"Hey, just because you're carrying a baby doesn't mean you get to act like one. I'm sure my little niece is healing you up as we speak," she assures me. I raise an eyebrow.

"Niece? I bet you dessert and a movie that it's gonna be a boy," I laugh weakly, a large smile coming to my face.

"Deal. Better start choosing the movie." She smiles at me. Klaus walks through the door with Sophie Devereaux hot on his heels. I look at Klaus anxiously. "What the hell is she doing here?" Rebekah cut through the tension that hung in the room like a hot knife through butter.

"I'm trying to help," Sophie assured her.

"Help? You're the reason we're in this bloody mess. Why aren't we un-linked with the witch, Klaus?" Rebekah asks with a demanding tone.

"She's the only witch wanting to save Harper and the baby. The rest are digging her grave as we speak," Klaus retorted back at his sister.

"I may know a way to slow the fever down, but I'm going to need some special herbs. I'll text you a list," Sophie tells Rebekah.

"Fine. Happy to play the fetch girl," Rebekah sneers sarcastically before pushing her way past the two, pushing the damp rag into Klaus' chest. Klaus carried me quickly outside by the pool after Rebekah came back with the herbs. Sophie started to mix the ingredients together.

"She's burning up. We need to do this now," Klaus hurries over to me.

"Get her in the water!" Sophie demands. Klaus jumps in and the basically drags me in with him. I put my arms around his neck as he holds my body close to his.

"I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help," Rebekah says anxiously.

"Her temperature is sky high, and the water, with the help of the herbs, should cool us down," Sophie explains. Sophie runs into the water and hands me a small glass of ju-ju herbs. "Drink this! You're going to have to get her heart rate down," she tells Klaus and I drink the disgusting concoction.

"How do you suggest I bloody do that?" he asks impatiently.

"Hold her. It's a natural human remedy to slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure," Sophie orders him. He picks me up in an instant.

"This is never going to work," Rebekah says negatively.

"Davina will break that link that Elijah gave her. We need time," Klaus says.

I pant as he gets deeper in the water. "D-Davina?" I ask.

"Shh. It's alright, love. No one's going to hurt her," he assures me. I could sense his slight uneasiness that I wanted her to be safe. I tried to take deep breaths but it was like someone was sitting on my chest.

"I can't breath, Klaus," I cough.

"Take long deep breaths, Harper. Stay with me," Klaus demands. I shake my head and shut my eyes. "Harper, look at me. Long, deep breaths." I look into his cool blue eyes that matched the water that he was holding me in. "Focus on the sound of my voice, love," he comforts me. I start to lay back more in the water. "You'll be alright. You'll be alright," he assured me.

A sharp pain in my stomach made me scream and curl up in Klaus' arms again. I panted as I felt a weight come off my shoulders. "I just felt it lift," Sophie stated. Rebekah let out an audible breath of relief.

I stood on my own and looked up at Klaus, his arms still still around me. Klaus grabs my wrist to look at my hand, I glance at my hand to see nothing. I feel his eye go to my face, making me look back into those baby blues. He turns me around and points me to the edge. "Come on, love," he says.

"Klaus?" Sophie calls Klaus over to her. I allow the water to go around me and cool me down farther. Klaus sped out of the water to the table. "Klaus! She's our only access to the power we need to survive! Promise me that you won't kill her!" Sophie yelled to him. Klaus dialed a number on his phone.

"It's me. Where are you?" he asks into the phone. "I'll be there shortly," he said into the phone. "I give you my word that I won't kill Agnes," Klaus assures her making me scoff in disbelief, I can't believe that she trusts his word. She really is gullible.

I grab Sophie's arm from her leaving the pool. "I know you're using me as leverage, but you ever do it again, I'll kill you. Even though Klaus promised not to kill Agnes, the next time I see her, I'll make her suffer," I threaten Sophie darkly before getting out of the pool.

I washed up and got dressed after I got back into the house. Rebekah left without saying goodbye. The vampire, Josh, came over to ask where Klaus was.

"Where is he? I've been trying to find him all day. Marcel knows that Klaus lied about where he lives," Josh said in a hurried tone.

"I don't know where he is, Josh. I know Marcel. I wouldn't worry about it. I'll tell Klaus that we need to haul ass when he comes home. Don't worry about it," I tell him reassuringly.

"Fine. Just tell him to call me, please," he begs.

"Okay. I promise," I tell him before closing the door. I go into the sitting room and pick up a Shakespearean novel. "Damn, vampires and their aesthetics," I chuckle. A knock at the door signals again. "Ah, What the hell, Josh!" I call out before opening the door.

This person was not, in fact, Josh. It was Marcel. "M-Marcel," I say in a scared tone.

"Harper? What the hell?" he asks angrily. He was just as surprised as I was that he was here. God, this must look bad. Hell, it is that bad. One of his friends that he trusts at the enemy's house.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I asked around the Palace Royale. No one said they even met Klaus. Now, I come here and see my best friend, in the house where he's staying," Marcel explains angrily.

"Remember how I said I do everything with a purpose? I have a good one."

"And what would that be?" he asks impatiently.

"I'm pregnant," I say before I can stop myself.

Marcel looks taken aback. "Why would this involve Klaus? Why didn't you come to me?" he asks.

"Listen, Klaus might come home any minute. We'll meet tomorrow. I'll call you. Please, just wait?" I ask him.

"Okay, tomorrow. Tell me the entire story. From the beginning to now," Marcel says to me before leaving angrily. I hurriedly closed the door and sighed, everything went dark.

______

Updated 1-24-18

Questions?

What happened to Harper?

What will Marcel do?

Vote

Comment

Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.6K 2.6K 44
π‹πžπ¨π§π¨π«πš 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
29.2K 481 43
1000 years ago, Klaus Mikaelson, the feared hybrid, was married to a 15-year-old girl for almost a full two days when he made a mistake that has haun...
360K 7K 124
⚠️{Completed but, This Book is being Edited!!!}⚠️ We all know the story of Katherine Pierce, but do you wanna know the story of Madalina Petrova? Ma...
5K 73 23
Have you ever heard the saying I love you so much it hurts? I always thought that it was just that, a saying, to emphasize how you feel for someone...