Animaniacs Return

By Serena_Walken

(Complete)Animaniacs is coming back to TV, with a twist. Things look up at first as the gang come together, b... More

Chapter 1: Ratings
Chapter 2: Yakko's Refusal
Chapter 3: The Body Doubles
Chapter 4: Bagawk
Chapter 5: The Meeting
Chapter 6: Snappy and Slappy, What A Reunion
Chapter 7: The First Shoot
Chapter 8: Not Worth That Extra Piece
Chapter 9: Mirror Mirror On the Wall
Chapter 10: Coming and Going
Chapter 11: Dot's Curious Thought
Chapter 12: It's Mime Time
Chapter 13: The New Writer
Chapter 14: As The Tower Falls
Chapter 15: Something Bad
Chapter 16: Zenny's Idea
Chapter 18: Court
Chapter 19: The Decision
Chapter 20: Missing!
Chapter 21: The Plan
Chapter 22: Mister Therapy
Chapter 23: Finally Understand
Chapter 24: It was a BIG Anvil
Chapter 25: Multi-combination Invention
Chapter 26: The Moocher
Chapter 27: Even Runt Saw It!
Chapter 28: Found
Chapter 29: A Different Trophy?
Chapter 30: Prism Lips
Chapter 31: Squirrelly Connections
Chapter 32: Black Satin Dress
Chapter 33: But I'm the Main Character!
Chapter 34: Goodnight Everybody
Chapter 35: New Game
Chapter 36: Warren is Down But Not Out
Chapter 37: The Last Game Played
Chapter 38: A Refreshing Dip
Chapter 39: New Special Friend

Chapter 17: Who's Dating Who?

133 2 0
By Serena_Walken

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs. Yakko, Wakko and Dot and all of the other characters belong to their own respective owners. I claim no rights to any of this. This was made purely for entertainment. No profit is made off of this.

Animaniacs Return

Chapter Seventeen: Who's Dating Who?

"..." Aroma just looked around a bit confused. Yakko had brought her back to the fancy restaurant they had gone to on their first date when she was Pleasure?

"Now I'll have this and this, oh and that too!" Yakko said excitedly. "And what are you gonna have?"

Aroma just shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, whatever. After all, you are paying." Yakko said casually.

Aroma blinked. "I'm what?"

"Paying. You are paying." Yakko grinned from ear to ear.

"I'm paying?" Aroma frowned. "With what?"

"Oh yeah, good point." Yakko chuckled. "You don't have much do you? Let's see..." He snapped his fingers. "Okay, I'll pay, but then you owe me a favor."

"No way," Aroma frowned. "You're already blackmailing me for Iri, I'm not giving in on anything else."

"Don't have much of a choice though, do you?" Yakko winked at her knowingly. "Face it Aroma, I'm not clueless. It's obvious your brother wants you to date me because of Renraw."

"..." Aroma looked away. "...he doesn't run my life."

"Uh huh. Either way, you need me for something. So if I'm just a pawn I might as well enjoy myself." Yakko chuckled.

As long as HE is the pawn?
Aroma thought bitterly. I'm the one being blackmailed.

"Ah, ah, ah." Yakko tisked. "You're getting an angry attitude and I can tell. Zenny said you wouldn't act like Pleasure, so don't get carried away," he warned her. "Or I might just have to call this off."

"Call this off?" Aroma gave him a strange look. "You are blackmailing me."

"Yeah in a way I guess." Yakko shrugged his shoulders. "But from what I'm picking up from your brother, you need me more than I need you."

Need him? She needed him? Aroma bit her lip though.

I knew it. Yakko just smiled at her. "So are you paying or do you owe me a favor?"

"I..." Aroma's expression started to change. She darted her eyes down at the table.

Yakko's smile faded as he watched her reaction. He expected some kind of heated response. That's what the Warners always received when they pushed someone over the edge. Then he could keep having fun with her for a little while.

He just didn't know what to do now as he saw her start to shift uneasily. What's her problem? She either agrees to a favor or she pays, why is she acting like that? "Well?" Yakko pushed. He smiled again trying to hide his surprise toward her reaction.

"..." Aroma sighed and closed her eyes.

Yakko started to drum his fingers in boredom. "Hello! Is anyone there?"

"What kind of favor?" Aroma finally answered.

"What kind?" Yakko repeated. "I don't know. I haven't decided yet." He chuckled. His expression changed again when he saw Aroma getting even more fidgety. "What is up with you tonight? You never fidget this much."

Aroma started to look through her things for the money she would need. She counted it over and over and knew she wouldn't have enough. Maybe I could wash dishes for so many nights? Maybe I could talk to the cook?

Yakko watched her count her money over and over again. It was obvious she had about enough to buy a candy bar and that was it.

"Pardon me," Aroma replied politely as she started to take off from the table.

Yakko watched her start to head the way the waiters would come and go. He got up and started to follow her. He watched as she looked around for the cook. "Hey, what are you doing?"

Aroma turned around and saw Yakko behind her. "..."

"Hmmm..." Yakko looked her up and down. "You might not be as kooky as a real Warner, but you definitely have psychological issues." He suddenly smiled. "Do you even know what you're doing or did you lose track of what you were supposed to be doing?"

Aroma looked away again. "Please go sit down, I just need to talk to the person in charge, that's all."

"Why?" Yakko pushed.

"Because." Aroma replied.

Yakko smiled and held his hands behind him. "Because whyyyy?"

"Because." Aroma looked around again. "Maybe I can do dishes or something for the meal."

"Dishes?" Yakko frowned. "I told you I'd pay you'd just..." He stopped. She'd just owed me a little favor. Why is she going through all this trouble to ignore owing me a favor? He groaned. "It just would have been getting an actual kiss tonight instead of burned like you always did to me before."

"...a kiss?" Aroma seemed surprised and relieved at the same time.

"Duh! What else would I ask for?" Yakko said in an obvious fashion. "And not just a little peck on the cheek either." He grinned.

A kiss was what he wanted? That's simple, but I just can't. And what if he would want more afterwards? Aroma asked herself. Give in once and he'll expect me to give in all the time.

Yakko watched as a nervous expression reached her face suddenly. "Yep. You're unbalanced." He smiled. "Makes sense, your creator isn't exactly perfect in that department either. So what are you, bipolar? Do you have multiple personalities or something?" He chuckled. "Oh! Do you have a personality that's sexy and likes to have lots of fun? I'd love to meet her."

"..." Aroma just looked at him confused. One minute he seemed like the friend she had grown fond of before and the next he was a perverted predator. Now he was a...combination? "You are very confusing."

"I'm confusing?" Yakko said in surprise. "You're the one who's confusing me," He whined. "Just which personality are you anyhow? Oh forget it! I'm going to go sit back down. Tell me when the simple Aroma I knew back at the tower is back in control."

Aroma watched as Yakko started to walk away. Simple Aroma? She frowned. He thinks I have multiple personalities? She couldn't help a small chuckle and she didn't quite know why. Maybe I am overreacting. Yakko isn't Renraw. She thought about all the times she had watched where he jumped and kissed beautiful women, on and off air. He had never meant any harm before. He was just...impulsive?

Impulsive! That was it! Why didn't I get that earlier? Aroma rolled her eyes. It IS Yakko, everything has just been going so fast tonight! She smiled to herself. Yakko is Yakko and Aroma is Aroma. Just because I look like this it won't spin everything around in a 180. She started to head back to the table.

"So? Are ya back to yourself?" Yakko asked as he watched Aroma sit down.

Aroma smiled. "Sorry about that."

"Don't worry! Something had to be messed up about you since you were a copy." Yakko replied as he looked back at the menu. "So who am I speaking to now Cybil, and what are you gonna eat?"

"It's just me." Aroma chuckled. "And something simple. Although, I do want to talk about this favor. Can we switch it for something else?"

"Uhhh...why would I wanna do that?" Yakko had to ask.

"Hey. Up here!" Aroma said a bit firmly as his eyes gestured down. "Can't you imagine I still look cute like Dot?"

"Oh, I probably could, but why would I want too?" Yakko chuckled.

"Life was easier when you did." Aroma sighed.

Yakko guffawed. "Yeah for you! Everything's perfect this way though. I still have Pleasure but I have you too."

"Umm...what?" Aroma blinked.

"Uhh...what?" Yakko tried to think about what he said. "I mean, you're...Pleasure was hot but mean but the real you is nice. Now I have a nice hot nurse, what could be better than that?"

"Oh." Aroma gave a small smile. "Okay."

"That and you do play paddleball really-OH!" Yakko hit his head in an epiphany. "We can play paddleball!"

"Oh. Yeah, I guess you're right." Aroma smiled sweetly for him. "Why don't you make that the favor instead?"

"Why?" Yakko came off a bit more rough than he meant too.

"You. Are. Blackmailing. Me." Aroma said word for word for him. "Newt's only out of the picture for so long. I'm dating you, yes, but I don't want to hurt him anymore than I have too. Does that make sense?"

"Well, uhhh...no." Yakko replied. "What do you mean hurt?"

"I don't want to kiss anyone else. Unlike what you may believe, kissing is a personal matter to me." Aroma tried to explain.

"It's an emotional bond." Aroma tried again.

"...you know? Haven't you ever watched anyone you really like getting kissed by someone else?" Aroma tried yet again.

"...Wakko kissed the girls too." Yakko replied.

"Not like that. I mean, someone you liked?" Aroma groaned. "Not just a random pretty woman."

Yakko shrugged his shoulders. "Guess not."

"Okay. Well, when it does happen you'll understand what I'm saying a bit better." Aroma smiled.

"So no kissing?" Yakko pouting. "What's the use of even dating then?"

"I don't know. You'll have to figure that out for yourself," Aroma replied. "So? Will you change the favor? Please?" Aroma added softly. Impulsive but he understands, right? Please Yakko, let me be right about you.

Yakko groaned. "Fine." He reluctantly agreed. "I'll change the favor," he said as he started to look through the menu again. "Will you get around to ordering now?"

Aroma smiled and nodded her head. Reluctant and not very happy, but somehow he seemed to understand. He was still the friend she thought she knew.

The rest of the date went fine. Yakko and Aroma simply talked about the show and a bit about the trial. Everything went smoothly and when Yakko took Aroma home he didn't even hang around that much. There was no reason to after all since there'd be no chance of a kiss.

After Yakko left though, Aroma came back out of Minerva's house. She started to head on her way to Newts until Zenny stopped her.

"Aroma." Zenny warned her. "I talked to him and he understands. It's really a good idea if you stay away from him."

"Zenny." Aroma frowned. "I need to at least talk to him. Your words are one thing but I don't want him to think he's a second rate banana. He deserves to hear what's going on from me."

Zenny shook his head. "It's not a good idea. He didn't want to hear that much of what I had to say. He kinda understands but he doesn't really like it."

"Of course not. I'm dating Yakko as myself and I can't date him anymore." Aroma frowned. "Why would he ever like that?"

"Just give him a little time, alright?" Zenny asked her. "I'm telling you, everything will be alright between you and him if you just give him some space right now."

"I've got to at least tell him that I won't do anything else besides go out on dates with Yakko Warner," Aroma replied. "I won't betray him."

"In a little while, just trust me." Zenny implored. "Concentrate less on him and more on what's really important. Speaking of which, did he show up?"

"No. I didn't see him at all." Aroma replied.

"Well he will soon." Zenny smiled. "Then they'll see the real him and be on our side."

"Okay," Aroma said casually. She still felt very bad about what was happening between her and Newt. It just wasn't right.

-------------------------------------------

At a nearby bar...

"She needs to date Yakko Warner for safety." Newt mocked as he took a sip of his drink. He was anything but thrilled with the situation. Why Yakko Warner bugged him so much he didn't really know. He was impulsive, rude, annoying, and he wasn't Aroma's type in any way. There was absolutely nothing he should really fear about the situation. "I could keep her safe too, though. There's no reason she should have to date him anymore!"

"They want the Warners on their side."

Newt looked behind him and saw Minerva. "What are you doing here?"

"I know you, Newt." Minerva smiled as she sat down. "You always head here when things get rough."

"So." Newt replied gruffly as he took another drink.

"Easy boy." Minerva half teased. "Maybe this is partly a good thing? You never seemed completely right for each other."

"What?" Newt growled.

"Oh, I didn't mean it in a mean way, Newt." Minerva replied. "It's just that we used to be close and I had a good grip on who you matched with the best. I just don't sense that with Aroma. I mean, I like the girl but something's amiss."

"You're just too close to each of us to tell," Newt said. "We are perfect for each other. We were doing so well up until this 'Warner' thing."

"Eh, I don't know. Maybe you're right," Minerva said. "Zenny doesn't see any harm in it and its just six dates." She looked at her watch. "Actually, probably five by now." She looked back over at him. "Are you nervous about him stealing her away?"

"Nervous? Of him?" Newt laughed it off. "Nonsense! They don't have anything in common and the Warner Brother is not her type. At all. In a million years, they'd never get together."

"Then there's nothing to worry about it." Minerva smiled at her friend. "He's just a small hurdle to pass."

"Exactly." Newt insisted. "They have nothing in common except well . . . "

"Well what?" Minerva asked.

"They both have this . . . thing . . ." Newt reluctantly agreed. " . . . for a child's stupid game. Obsession for the paddleball . . . but other than that, there is nothing they have in common. The Warner Brother is rude, annoying, unbridled, and I'm sure he doesn't know anything about romance or wooing! Aroma is sweet, polite, perfect in almost every way."

"Yeah." Minerva replied a bit roughly. "She's freaking perfect in every way."

Newt frowned. "What?"

"Nothing." Minerva replied. "Just take it a day at a time. Five more dates, that's all there is."

"True." Newt agreed. "Just five. I can handle five. There's nothing to worry about at all I'm sure."

"Sure." Minerva smiled as she started to get up. "I'm heading back home and I hope you do the same soon, Newt. See ya round."

"See ya." Newt smiled as he watched her leave. I should have known she would know where I was at. We used to have such a close connection back then. He turned back around and looked at his drink. She's right. There's nothing to worry about. Yakko Warner is still just a crazy Warner Brother. Everything'll be fine.

Around the Studio Lot...

Zenny yawned as he walked around the lot. He wasn't tired and he'd felt cooped up in Minerva's little place.

"Well hey there!"

Zenny turned around and saw Dot Warner. "Dot." He smiled. "How are you?"

"Enjoying sneaking up on you for once." Dot chuckled. "So how are things going now? I hear Wakko and Yakko are already making acquaintances with your sisters."

Zenny shrugged his shoulders. "It's their lives."

"Yeah. So, you're living with Minerva now huh?" Dot smiled. "How many times a day does she have to whack you?"

"Whack me?" Zenny said a bit confused. "Why would she whack me?"

"Because." Dot replied. "You're living with her, aren't you jumping on her and stuff?"

Zenny shook his head. "I don't jump on women."

"Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot, you're pretty boring." Dot laughed. "Isn't there anything you do that's fun? Karaoke?"

Zenny shook his head again. "Not much of a singer."

"Not a singer? Not a singer? Wow, you really are a failure!" Dot commented. "Sorry to say this Zenny, but I doubt you're ever gonna get a girl."

Zenny didn't understand but that comment made him feel a bit burned. Most times he let things roll off him, but for some reason that stuck. "I could too if I wanted one."

"Yeah right! Who would go for you? You are a pretty boring fella." Dot smiled. "Not like Renraw at all, he's exciting and fun and-"

"Dangerous!" Zenny finished for her.

"Sure yeah, and dangerous. But aren't we all a little dangerous?" Dot winked at him. "Nice guys finish last every time."

"Wrong." Zenny growled. "To you maybe. All you want is some dangerous good looking guy to glomp 24 hours a day but not everyone is like that."

"Heh. Name one reasonable woman who'd go for you Mr. Dull?" Dot teased him. She started to laugh hilariously. "You can't even give an answer can you?"

Zenny just turned around and walked off.

Later that night at Minerva Mink's...

"Maybe I am too close to the situation?" Minerva sighed as she stirred her own drink. Aroma was already in bed and Zenny was still out walking around. "Why does it bug me so much though? They're both good cartoons . . . "

"I can tell you why."

Minerva turned around and saw Zenny behind her. She wasn't too surprised though, the Warners used to be able to appear out of nowhere quickly so a copy probably could do it too. "You're eavesdropping?"

"A little." Zenny replied. "Do you wanna know why it bugs you though?"

"Like you would know?" Minerva rolled her eyes. "Don't push it mister. You've never jumped on me yet but I'll throw you out if I sense anything from you."

"If I ever did something so thoughtless, I would throw my own self out." Zenny answered her back.

"What?" Minerva looked at him very confused. "Fine . . . why does it bug me then, Mr. Intelligent?"

"Because you've never had the chance to have what they had," Zenny replied. "Every male has always drooled over you and wanted your body. There's never been any that just wanted you for you."

"What? What do you mean?" Minerva frowned.

"Aroma likes Newt for who he is and Newt likes Aroma for who she is." Zenny smiled. "They make a good couple because of that. There's no dating because one of them is hot or cute. There's no dating for money or for looks. They date because they like each other. That puts them on the same playing field."

"Same playing field?" Minerva frowned. "Are you saying I'm jealous because I've never had that?"

"I never said you were jealous," Zenny smirked. "I simply explained why you didn't understand." He sighed and though back to the Warner Sister. "There are some women who could have that, but they just see the rich and handsome. They just want the dangerous and fun and never think about anything else."

"..." Minerva looked down at her table. I have always gone for the handsome guy or I've...acted like I was superior to the less inclined. I'm beautiful but... "Wow. I didn't know why I didn't see it before. It's obvious."

Zenny shrugged his shoulders and started to head out of the room.

"Zenny, do you want to go out?"

Zenny turned back around and looked at Minerva. "What?"

"You know, you're right. I've always gone for the wrong kind of guy. That's why I just don't accept Newt and Aroma. It's because I can't find anyone." Minerva admitted. "Every Saturday night I have a date, but every Saturday night it's different. I've only gotten close to a few guys and they were more handsome than honorable." She groaned.

"..." Zenny didn't quite know how to act. She thought he'd been talking about her on the last part?

"Think about all the years I've wasted finding someone special because I knock all the good guys down?" Minerva sounded disgusted. "Sure being supreme and dating the hottest around is fun, but after awhile..." She looked back at Zenny. "Well?"

"...you want to date me?" Zenny said unsurely. "You know, I'm not that good in that area."

"I know." Minerva nodded. "Which is why you'd be a good start. You've treated me right so far so it seems fit I start with you. I mean-oh!" She hit her head. "I'm doing that superior thing again. I mean, it seems fit we start with each other. Don't you think so?"

"Well." Zenny shrugged his shoulders.

"You don't have a girlfriend, right?" Minerva asked.

"No." Zenny replied. "No, I don't." He sighed. "Still, I doubt it'll work."

"Why?" Minerva asked.

"Well because..." Zenny stopped remembering what Dot had just said coldly to him. Nice guys always finish last. She doubts I'd ever find a girl... He smirked. "Nice guys don't always finish last."

"What?" Minerva frowned. "You doubt it'll work because nice guys don't always finish last?"

"No, I was thinking it through." Zenny smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "You're right. Maybe we should." He slid his shades off and looked at her. Am I sure she didn't have too much to drink? He thought about that a bit. He didn't want to rope her into anything if she wasn't clearly thinking straight. "I'll see ya tomorrow." He smiled as he walked off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 264 21
Was created to be a villian, became apart of The Warners instead. But This Warner Doesn't really like being a "Warner" She doesn't like to be a "Test...
1K 21 12
The Brain is just a regular mouse with a regular life. He goes to work, goes back to the lab, plots, and does it all again the next day. He has norma...
725 71 19
Here we go guys! So you guys remember My Good Boii right? Well this is the second book where our favorite Animaniacs are looking to find Warnerstock...
1.4K 20 10
WARNING: The Following Story has been Rated PG-13 for Intense Action, Blood, Scary Scenes, Macabre, mild Suggestive Dialogue, and Violence. Reader Di...