Chapter 36: Warren is Down But Not Out

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs, it belongs to Steven Spielberg, Warner Brothers Studio, et al. I claim no rights to any of this, it was made purely for entertainment and for writing practice. No profit is made off of this. 

Authors Note: Well, we are finally reaching the end. There are only three more chapters left after this. I hope you all enjoy the ending.

Animaniacs Return

Chapter 36: Warren Is Down but Not Out

------------------------------------------------

"Minerva, how about some more pop?"

Minerva tucked her hair back and took the pop. "Sure, ma." She opened the can in no time flat. Not being around the lot, or having to look impressive, she stayed plopped on the couch and watched television sans makeup. She had decided to take some time off since her part in the show wouldn't be for some time again. Some time? They were trying to weasel her off the show, she knew it. She'd even seen that blasted chairman holding auditions for 'potential doubles'. Potential doubles, yeah right! They weren't even minks that looked like her. All because she didn't want to degrade herself enough with their writers' scripts.

She had thought about telling someone, but she was beyond mad and flat out left. It wasn't like she'd be gone for too long, as much as she hated it, she was under contract. They would have to terminate her. And of course, Newt wouldn't care. He was too busy playing boyfriend/patsy to Aroma. Her mother's house wasn't a great distance away, but she needed time to veg out and complain about it.

"Min, maybe there is something else?" Her mother asked. "You're a bright girl, you could do better than that show. What about a soap opera maybe?"

"Ugh," Minerva stuck out her tongue. "Soap opera? Nuh uh." She groaned. "Too small for movies, not 'ambitious' enough for the show. Smack dab in the middle of I-don't-know-where. I quit my old job, I really shouldn't have. I was doing good selling perfume and makeup."

"Could you get it back?" Her mother asked her.

"Doubtful." Minerva said. "Not after the second season, and I've been to the store. Someone else in there. I better start looking, I know my time is running out."

"Well, there are always jobs around here. The town is smaller, but it's nice. You could move back in again?" Her mother said, hope rising in her voice. "It's nice to have company."

"I don't know." Minerva tilted her head back. "I like living on my own. I'm not young; I can't really live with you without being seen as lazy."

"In today's economy, I think you have that right." Her mother sighed. "But, I suppose I know what you really mean. You want your independence. I would probably miss mine too." She patted her daughter on the leg. "The offer is open though."

Minerva's attention became distracted as she stared at the news reporter on TV.

"Later on News at Eleven. Animaniacs Return or Animaniacs Lost? This once again rising show, often worshiped or hailed as insane, has been a cult hit, but the studio is having problems that may end up canceling the show at its height. One of the main stars, Yakko Therapy, has been accused of murder and is on the run with family and friends. More news at eleven."

Minerva frowned, "Oh no, this isn't good." She picked up the remote and pressed guide to check out information on the other channels. "Possible cure for outbreak?" She clicked enter to watch the new program.

"Sad news indeed. Two more lives have been taken through what has been dubbed 'needling'. An injection that can cause a single scratch to end a toon's life. It all began in Warner Brother's studio parking lot, but cartoons are beginning to take refuge in and around the state of California, worried about where this toxin is coming from. Reports are coming in of a possible cure that will reverse the effects, but no new coverage has been added to this rumor."