Chapter 19: The Decision

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs. Yakko, Wakko and Dot and all of the other characters belong to their own respective owners. This was made strictly for entertainment and no profit is made off of this.

Animaniac Returns

Chapter Nineteen: The Decision

-------------------------------

Iri looked over at Slappy in concern. Many months had passed since Snappy was there and the old squirrel still seemed to reject him. She looked over and saw Sky Pay sitting casually next to it or not, Sky Pay had already warmed up to his father. But Slappy? Not in the least.

Iri walked over to Slappy. "There is a spot on the couch next to Sky and Snappy."

"I see it, I ain't blind 'Iri' tating." Slappy replied.

"...ridiculous." Snappy just sighed. "Forget it Iri, she's never gonna change."

Iri just looked back at Slappy. If she could just learn to get along with Snappy, then living in that house wouldn't be as hard anymore. "Slappy; can't you just give him a chance yet?"

"Yet?" Slappy growled. "Why should I? Why should I ever give him a chance?" She stood up angrily and pointed at Snappy. "I don't care how many years go by! I remember what Midge said!" Yeah, she remembered it well enough. The words were stuck in her head, crystal clear...

Anything's better than going back to Snap to ask for money. I ain't begging him for nothing! That lousy good-for-nothing creep!"

"Easy Midge. You were married to him. Are ya sure you can't work this out with him? What if you made him change his mind?"

"No way. He betrayed me! I don't care what he ever tried to do, I'll never forgive him! Whether or not I keep the kid, he's never gonna be the dad!"

"It's burned in my memory and I will never forget it. She would never forgive you, so I ain't either!" Slappy remarked. "Never!" She started taking off to the top of the stairs.

Everyone jumped as they heard the loud slam of her bedroom door.

"..." Sky started to move away from Snappy.

Snappy ignored the gesture and continued to watch T.V. as he crossed his arms.

Iri just looked toward the top of the stairs. Those two are never gonna get along. She sighed. I wish I didn't have to be in the middle of all this tension... She looked at the ground. I wish I was still in my tower... With Renraw still there though, she knew that could never be an option. He was cold and ruthless, it didn't matter what good the Warners thought he was doing. They weren't ever going to understand.

Especially now. Renraw and the CEO told the Warners last week they had a fool-proof plan for their upcoming court date tomorrow. If Renraw could prove without a doubt that the Warners weren't responsible for anything after all, there would never be any chance to change their minds anymore.

It doesn't matter what I tell Wakko, he doesn't seem to care. Iri thought as she headed over to the couch. The more we tell them to distrust him, the more they trust him. Iri shook her head. That's not an option. I couldn't ever do that. She sighed. Somehow it has to work itself out. Right?

-------------------------------  

Minerva's place...

"Smelly!"

"Yo Stinky!"

Aroma groaned as she got up from the table. She looked out the door. "Blabbermouth! Will you knock it off already?"