Don't Give Up On Us Now (Sequ...

By RyleyBridges

Ryley Berry's junior year at McKinley has begun and it's going to be a good one this year. With the New Dire... More

Don't Give Up On Us Now (Sequel to The New Berry)
Chapter 1 ~ First Attempt
Chapter 2 ~ Second Attempt
Chapter 3 ~ Concert
Chapter 4 ~ Rydley Problems & Blaine's Announcement
Chapter 5 ~ Duet & X Factor
Chapter 6 ~ Newbies
Chapter 7 ~ Busking In Lima
Chapter 8 ~ Reunited And It Feels So Good
Chapter 9 ~ Birthday, Future Plans & Election
Chapter 10 ~ Halloween & Movie Week
Chapter 11 ~ Time To Be Awesome
Chapter 12 ~ A New York City Christmas & New Years
Author's Note
Chapter 13 ~ I'm P-Paralyzed With Happiness
Chapter 14 ~ Finchel's Third Attempt At A Wedding
Chapter 15 ~ The Theme You Knew Was Coming
Chapter 16 ~ Kicking Ass At Regionals
Chapter 17 ~ Klaine-gagement Time
Chapter 18 ~ Broadway Week
Chapter 19 ~ A Sexist Song vs A Girl Power Song
Chapter 20 ~ Bad Influences
Chapter 21 ~ Prom Night
Chapter 23 ~ Goodbye 2.0

Chapter 22 ~ Nationals in the Big Apple

1.4K 34 5
By RyleyBridges

Nationals time!

It's time for the New Directions to rock Nationals and go for the win! I chose a random theme involving New Zealand songs.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------

"Nationals in just over a week in New York City and the theme is going to songs that aren't from America or England. So that means there are quite a few countries to choose songs from." Finn says.

Benny raises his hand.

"Yes, Benny?" Finn asks.

"We should do songs from my home land, New Zealand." Benny says.

"New Zealand would be pretty awesome. Like some Lorde." Ryley says.

"Lorde's awesome." Angie says.

"Benny and I could choose some songs." Finn says. Benny goes up to Finn, taking his phone out to Google some New Zealand songs.

---------------------------------------------------

With the songs now chosen, the New Directions were practicing for Nationals in the auditorium. They didn't end up choosing a Lorde song. They went with Marley singing a solo of SFM by Ginny Blackmore then a duet of Galaxy by Stan Walker feat. Jessica Mauboy (Technically, half of them are from New Zealand - Stan Walker's a New Zealander) with Ryley and Ryder singing leads then a group number of Hearts Like Ours by The Naked And Famous.

They were practicing the dancing with vocals in the auditorium. Finn was trying to show them the choreography he imagined for the performance but after a bit of misinterpreted dance moves by the New Directions, Finn handed the choreography lead over to Jake and Kitty, who planned the dancing out perfectly for the performances.

After a tiring rehearsal, the New Directions take seats around the auditorium stage. Finn stands in front of them, smiling proudly.

"We've come so far in a year guys. We went from a group of students plus myself who just wanted their Glee Club back to a Glee Club heading to Nationals. We're going to win this guys and the New Directions legacy shall live on!" Finn says.

"Preach!" Abbi shouts.

The club all agree with Finn's speech.

"Graduation is coming up too." Blake points out.

"And we're going to lose half our club." Ryley says.

"Forget about that for now. For now, let's think positive," Finn says, "We're heading to Nationals in New York City and we're going to beat the competition and become National champions again."

"I'll be there." A voice says from backstage of the auditorium, making some members of the club jump. The person appears from the shadows. Will Schuester.

"You're going to New York to support the club you haven't supported in ages?" Marley asks.

"Yes," Will says, "I want to be your coach again."

"We don't want you to be our coach again. We have Finn and he's doing fine as our coach. Look how far he's led us so far this year." Natalie says.

"William, I think you should leave." Finn says, going serious but wanting to laugh at how he just used Will's full first name.

Will sighs then leaves the auditorium, "Good luck."

Finn claps his hands together, "Let's go over the performance one more time then I'm shouting dinner at Breadstix after you guys have all showered up. But cheap dinner. Nothing too expensive. I only earn a little for working here."

-----------------------------------------------------------

After a week of tiring and (sometimes) painful rehearsals, the New Directions with Finn, Sam and Puck all head out to New York for Nationals. Kurt, Santana, Rachel, Blaine and even Santana's girlfriend, Dani were all planning on helping out.

"Room list!" Finn shouts as he passes out a piece of paper once they're at the hotel, containing the list of who's in what room.

New Directions Nationals Hotel Room Plan:

054: Ryley, Angie, Marley & Kitty

055: Ryder, Blake, Gabe & Jake

056: Natalie, Abbi & Hailey

057: Benny, Elliot & Troye

The club all head to their assigned rooms and put their suitcases down. In each of the rooms, there's two double beds.

"Looks like we're sharing beds, girls." Kitty says in Room 054.

"I think Angie and Ryley should share then Kitty and I'll share." Marley says.

"Do we have enough pillows to make a pillow wall in the middle of the bed under the covers?" Angie asks.

"Why?" Ryley asks.

"Because I'm a cuddler. I generally will wake up in the morning, hugging my pillow or pillows." Angie explains.

"Good point. You can hug the wall of pillows if you want to." Ryley says.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After a full day of rehearsals with the help of the New York gang, the New Directions head to the venue for Nationals just down the street from their hotel. They walk down the street in their outfits: purple dresses with black flats and black hair bands while the guys wore white short sleeve button up shirts with purple ties and black vests along with black pants and shoes.

They went to their assigned backstage area to fix up their make up and warm up their vocals. Blaine and Kurt helped warming up the vocals while Rachel, Santana and Dani helped with the girls make up.

"Guys, we've got to get out there to watch the first act very soon so let's do a show circle." Finn says, walking into their backstage area. Sam and Puck are with him.

The New Directions, Finn, Sam, Puck, Rachel, Santana, Dani, Kurt and Blaine form a large show circle.

"No matter what happens out there on the stage, we are a family. Nothing will defeat us. We will stick together till the very end. Right now, I want you guys to kick some ass. Not just yet because you don't have to perform yet but soon." Finn says.

Everyone puts their hands in the middle. As they raises them into the air, they cheer out "AHHHHH-MAZING!".

The New Directions with their helpers all head out into the seats to see who the judges are and watch the first performance. The boys with the helpers go out first. All of the girls finish up their make up quickly and leave a few minutes after. As they leave the changing rooms, Natalie bumps into someone. That someone being a young woman with dark hair. She's very beautiful. It takes Natalie a moment to realise who it is.

"Oh my god! You're Samantha Barks! My brother, Blake, loves you," Natalie says to the young woman, "Can I get a picture with you to show my brother and make him jealous?"

"Totally." Samantha says. Natalie takes her phone out, passes it to Ryley and she takes the picture of Natalie and Samantha.

"Thanks." Natalie says after the picture is taken. Ryley passes the phone back to Natalie.

"Are you girls in one of the clubs performing?" Samantha asks.

"We're the New Directions from Lima, Ohio." Angie says.

"I've heard great things about your club. Break a leg." Samantha says then heads out into the auditorium.

Natalie grins one last time then all the girls head out into the auditorium to their seats. Natalie sits next to her brother and shows him the picture, making him frown in jealousy at her.

"Welcome to the 2015 Annual National Show Choir Competition in New York City!" The announcer sayss, "Let's give a warm welcome to our judges. The young star of the 2012 hit movie, Les Miserable, Samantha Barks!"

In the midst of the crowd cheering - with Blake cheering the loudest -, Samantha Barks stands up and waves to the crowd but sits back down after a minute or two.

"She's the star of numerous hit movies including The Hunger Games series and Silver Linings Playbook. It's Jennifer Lawrence." The announcer says.

"Queen J-Law. I praise you." Ryley mumbles. Angie nods in agreement, fist bumping her best friend.

"And finally, he's been in movies such as Tangled and Thor: Dark World. He was the star on the TV show, Chuck and was Aaron in the Broadway run of First Date: The Musical in 2013 and towards the beginning to 2014. It's..." The announcer says.

"Zachary freaking Levi." Ryley mumbles.

"Zachary Levi!" The announcer says. Ryley sees Zachary freaking Levi stand up and wave to the crowd. She can't help but grin widely and feel so happy inside.

"Now give it up for our first performers, from North Central High School in Indianapolis, the Hoosierdaddies!" The announcer says.

The Hoosierdaddies go on stage performing three songs. During the third song, the New Directions head backstage to get ready to perform.

"Good luck with the solo, Marls." Jake says, giving his girlfriend a kiss. The Hoosierdaddies finish and come off stage. They leave the backstage area.

"Now from William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio, the New Directions!" The announcer says.

"Good lucks, Marls." Ryley and Angie say at the same time.

Marley smiles at them then walks out. She stands in the centre of the dark stage. A single spotlight lights up on her as the music begins.

[Marley:]

Sometimes, when I'm sitting on my bed

Feeling so, so lonely

Wishing someone'd hold me,

All I have is three little notes playing in my head.

I try to be everything to everybody -

That didn't work, bubble bubble burst.

Now all I have is three million melodies

To kill the hurt.

And I'mma I'mma I'mma I'mma

Sing 'em out,

Sing 'em out just for myself,

'Cause I don't even care what the world thinks

'Bout how I sound.

The New Direction Girls walk into the darkness of the stage behind Marley. The whole stage lights up.

'Cause when I open my mouth

My whole heart comes out.

Every tear that I want to cry stays in

'Cause I'm singing 'til I'm winnin'

Gonna sing all night.

When I open my mouth,

There's no place to hide

And everything that I've been feeling

Flows like a stream

I'm singing 'til I'm winnin'

Gonna sing for me.

(Sing for me, sing for me)

All eyes on the hunnies with the bodies that could

Rock it like a rockstar, make you cry, go wild.

But what about the ones with the hearts

So big they bring the stars out?

My stage is the greatest in the world

At the bottom of my bedroom, not much headroom,

But I can hear my three million melodies

Make a place go boom.

[Marley with New Directions Girls (New Directions Girls):]

And I'mma I'mma I'mma I'mma

Sing 'em out,

Sing 'em out just for myself,

'Cause I don't even care what the world thinks

'Bout how I sound.

'Cause when I open my mouth

My whole heart comes out.

Every tear that I want to cry stays in

'Cause I'm singing 'til I'm winnin'

Gonna sing all night.

When I open my mouth,

There's no place to hide

And everything that I've been feeling

Flows like a stream

I'm singing 'til I'm winnin'

I'mma sing for me.

(Sing for me, sing for me)

[Marley (New Directions Girls):]

Sing for myself, sing what I believe.

(Let my heart, heart come out)

Right here, right now, let the rain come down.

(Sing for me, sing for me)

Sing for myself, sing what I believe.

(Let my heart, heart come out)

Right here, right now, make my

Own own own notes sound.

[Marley with New Directions Girls:]

'Cause when I open my mouth

My whole heart comes out.

Every tear that I want to cry stays in

'Cause I'm singing 'til I'm winnin'

Gonna sing all night.

When I open my mouth,

There's no place to hide

And everything that I've been feeling

Flows like a stream

I'm singing 'til I'm winnin'

[Marley:]

I'mma sing for me. 

The crowd cheers for Marley and the girls. They all leave the stage and the lights go out with Ryley staying on one side of the stage. Ryder comes onto the stage and goes to the other side of the stage. The music begins to play. The spotlight shines on Ryder.

[Ryder:]

Hey, uhuuu!

Not sure how I survived

Before I lived this night

Before I came alive, I was lost

I felt you pulling me, harder than gravity

Harder than anything I know

Another light shines on Ryley. She smiles at Ryder as she sings. He faces her as she sings.

[Ryley:]

So in love with you,

There’s nothing I won’t do

I’ll travel at the speed of light

So I can be right by your side

You make me feel like the whole world isn’t real,

And I’m the only star in the sky, sky, sky

Ryley and Ryder walk towards each other with smiles as they sing.

[Ryley & Ryder (Ryley):]

Ey, there’s no time or space

Everything just melts away when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

With you is my eternity

No place I’d rather be when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

(In your galaxy)

With you is my eternity

No place I’d rather be when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

The couple dance together while singing.

[Ryley:]

Oh, oh, oh, yeah

Like a comet to my heart

You illuminate the dark

Show me all the parts of me I’ve never seen

[Ryder:]

We come from different places, different constellations

When I’m with you I’m home, I’m home

[Ryley:]

You make me feel like the whole world isn’t real,

And I’m the only star in the sky

[Ryley & Ryder (Ryley):]

Ey, there’s no time or space 

Everything just melts away when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

With you is my eternity

No place I’d rather be when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

(In your galaxy)

With you is my eternity

No place I’d rather be when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

[Ryley:]

You healed every heartbreak

Took me on a journey

To a place so high

Way above the clouds

[Ryder (and Ryley):]

Don’t matter where we go,

(As long as I’m in your world)

I never wanna (be any place, yeah)

[Ryley & Ryder (Ryley):]

Ey, there’s no time or space

Everything just melts away when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

With you is my eternity

No place I’d rather be when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

(In your galaxy)

With you is my eternity

No place I’d rather be when I’m lying here

(In your galaxy)

The crowd cheers for the cute couple who share a quick kiss. The New Directions walk on stage and get ready for the next song. They have their backs to the audience with the girls on one side and the boys on the other.

[Kitty (with New Directions Girls):]

Borders and horizon lines

We’re alone but side by side

(We're yet to dream we're yet to dream)

Nothing here is what it seems

The girls all turn around, following Kitty in a dance routine.

[New Directions Girls:]

Ah ah ha

Ah ah ha

[Kitty (with New Directions Girls)

There’s an animal inside

There’s a fear that won’t subside

(Of all the things I’ll never do)

Will I ever follow through?

There’s an animal (inside)

The boys turn around to join in.

[Kitty with the New Directions:]

Half awake and almost dead

Keeping empty beds elsewhere

We're yet to bleed

We're yet to bleed

All the time and energy

The club do the simple dance routine to the song.

[New Directions Girls (New Directions Boys):]

Ah ah ha

(In silence)

Ah ah ha

(In silence)

[Kitty with New Directions Girls:]

Could we try to reinvent

Feed the head with common sense

Through the streets and avenues

Climbing up the walls with you

[Kitty with New Directions:]

Half awake and almost dead

Keeping empty beds elsewhere

We're yet to bleed

We're yet to bleed

All the time and energy

[New Directions Girls (New Directions Boys):]

Ah ah ha

(In silence)

Ah ah ha

(In silence)

[Benny (with New Directions Boys):]

Leave this place behind (in silence)

And the way we find (inside us)

[Kitty (with New Directions Girls):]

Lead me to the edge of night

'Til the dawn the end of time

('Til the fire blazing light)

(Shines again within our eyes)

[Kitty & New Directions:]

Half awake and almost dead

Keeping empty beds elsewhere

We're yet to bleed

We're yet to bleed

All the time and energy

Half awake and almost dead

Keeping empty beds elsewhere

We're yet to bleed

We're yet to bleed

All the time and energy

The crowd roars for the club, with everyone rising to their feet to applaud the club's performance. The New Directions grin at the crowd cheering for them and rush off stage, hugging each other and hi-fiving.

---------------------------------------------------------

The three clubs that performed go onto the stage and wait for their results. The three judges, Samantha Barks, Jennifer Lawrence (Queen J-Law) and Zachary (freaking) Levi go onto the stage with a roll on table of three trophies.

Each of the three trophies are different sizes. The middle one is the biggest with the words 2015 NATIONAL SHOW CHOIR CHAMPIONS on it. Ryley begins to imagine the big one in the trophy case in the choir room, next to the one the New Directions won in 2012 and 2013.

The three Glee Clubs that performed are on the stage. The New Directions are in the middle with the Hoosierdaddies on their left and the Singaz Wit Attitude from some all girls school on their right.

"I just want to see thank you to all the clubs that performed. You guys all did amazing and proved to us why you all deserved to be in the National Show Choir competition." Samantha Barks says.

"And now let's find out who won." Jennifer Lawrence says.

Zachary (freaking) Levi is passed the first envelope but passes it down to Samantha who was the first judge out with Jennifer in the middle.

"And in third place," Samantha says as she opens the envelope, "The Singaz Wit Attitude!"

The all girl Glee club receive the smallest of the three trophies - being the third place trophy - and leave the stage.

"And in second place..." Zachary (freaking) Levi starts.

The New Directions feel everything go in slow motion as the second place winners are announced. The Hoosierdaddies came second, with them receiving the middle sized trophy. The New Directions receive their first place trophy and jump around, hugging each other in victory.

Ryley goes up to Zachary (freaking) Levi.

"I remember you, Ryley." Zachary (freaking) Levi says.

"Yay!" Ryley says with a smile then hugs Zachary (freaking) Levi. He hugs her back and says congratulations to her. Angie has to help Zachary (freaking) Levi get Ryley off of him. Angie drags Ryley back to the their club.

With the New Directions being National champions, they now have one more thing to conquer this year; Graduation.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for Reading!

Songs Used:

SFM - Ginny Blackmore

Galaxy - Stan Walker & Jessica Mauboy

Hearts Like Ours - The Naked And Famous

Next chapter is the last of this book. It's going to be called Goodbye 2.0. I need an opinion on songs:

-Should Ryley sing either First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes or No One's Gonna Love You by Band of Horses? (Ryder sung these songs to her in the last book and I want her to sing them to him to say thanks to him for loving her)

-Should the New Directions final group number in the choir room be either Young Blood by The Naked And Famous or On Our Way by The Royal Concept?

And need other goodbye songs too :)

Vote!

Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 69 14
After a year Rachel is back to McKinley for the senior year. What will happen when she found out everything is a mess? Will Finchel get it back toget...
41.6K 658 26
Ryley Berry is now living in New York with her amazing boyfriend, Ryder Lynn. With living together and developing a more serious relationships, thoug...
214K 4.7K 81
The time has finally arrived. The moment every McKinley student awaits from the moment they first step foot on campus. Senior year. For Juliet Vasque...
271K 6.7K 104
Kurt was into performing. Poppy was into sport. Growing up, it had always been as simple as that for Kurt Hummel's younger sister, and boarding scho...