The Roaming Archer (NaNoWrimo...

By tg7angel

There was a kingdom, A kingdom full of life. But that was before. Fatenturia, a kingdom once filled with ho... More

Copyright Page
When I Was Born...
Nothing To Lose Anymore...
Growing Up
Friends and Fresh Air
Alone In The Woods
Bleeding Hands
We Need Leaders
Caught Red Handed
The Roamers
The Lion's Mouth
Far For The First Time
Attack In Admire
Book Pages
Next Thing
A Lone Prince
New Duty
Dancing Candle
Pete's Late Journal
Plans
A Tragic Dream
The Meeting Room
Gut's To Ask
Not Yet Home
Prince Abason
Night Dreamire
Search Out!
Watched
The Race Began
Cupid Arrows
Mistery Eyes
The Picture
A New Begin Training
The Meeting With Abason
Rush Tired
What You Get
The Impossible
Possible
The Letters
Behind The Oak Door
The Job
Wrong Message
Questions
A Day
Not Adding Up
Unraveling
The Very Thing
Cross Roads
Recover
Back
Author Note: The Next Book

A Long Night

2.2K 124 10
By tg7angel

The Fate Few heard Roy's yell for Angel. They all looked at Abason with squinting eyes wondering if the yelp was something from his doing. Abason only sent an innocent face with questioning eyes and shrugged shoulders.

As the Fate Few went to leave, Abason sat up as if to follow, but was sent with a look to stay put. So he stayed put. He wanted to come for sure, but Adez stayed put with him and his axe wasn't looking very friendly. In fact, Abason was under the same hold again. Although, Adez kept a watchful eye on him, he decided just to go along with it and not do any stupid stunts to get away and find out what was happening outside with Angel.

But then he realized Adez was impatient also. Also quite curious. It appeared that every time Adez tried to sit up from his chair to get the slightest and smallest glimpse he could from the window across from him.

Then his light bulb went on. He didn't mean to, it just did. He was taught to always find a way. Of course, he also learned not to go far away from morals, but he knew this idea he had in mind was not gonna be something that incorporated something evil.

Well, besides impatience.

And maybe a couple more...

But his patience was wearing thin, he would think, and so is Adez's.

We both want the same thing...

So then he went on with his idea. A stupid stunt he told his mind not to do in the beginning, but went to go ahead and do one anyway. So he sighed...First, it was quiet. Adez moves his legs impatiently and lifted his head up to get a small glimpse of the action happening down below. Adez shrunk back to his chair, his eyes on focus to Abason. Abason sighs again. A higher pitched sigh this time he did, and Adez rolled his eyes. They did a short staring contest, and then once again... Sigh... Abason went, to the point where Adez couldn't take it any longer.

Abason moved his eyes and eyebrows towards the window awknowledging his want to see what is happening below. His eyebrows danced saying these words, "You know you want to take a look..Go ahead, look."

His face smirked, and then he smiled when Adez lifted his chest up and a little bit off his seat to get another glimpse through the window. Frustratingly, he sat back down with his arms crossing in front of his chest and then he sighed. If a sigh was a language, which it kinda is-a body language-,it would have said, "I can't see a thing! I wish I was down there." Then Abason responded again with his amusing and almost deceiving eyebrows almost as if the Advisors have rubbed on him, even just a little.

But this was for all good fun, Abason knew, and to know the things that involved Angel was very important to him for she might become his future bride. He smiled at the thought. Oh, how he was in love with a girl he met at very different times. He sighed again. Apparently not at his scheme, but now his arm found a spot on the arm rest and supported his head on the chair, his eyes looking no where specifically, dreamy in fact they were. Soon, Adez was confused at Abason's body language which had involved the sigh, because Abason stared at Adez with the most star gazed eyes when Abason meant not to look at Adez specifically.

He was only looking at nothing, but dreaming.

Adez made a disgusted face and then snapped Abason out of it with some words.

"Okay! Okay! We can take a look..but only through the window! Just stop looking at me like that and all the weird sounds you were making!"

Abason almost laughed at his remark and also felt odd at the same time for he was just staring at a much older man than he was with the look of an in love boy or one that looked as if in stupor. Of course, he would never take a drink of strong drink for he knew what it could do to someone, but he was sure that that may be how he looked.

It was embarrassing to him knowing that he was a prince...but all that thought went away when he wanted to see what was happening below. So he followed Adez to the window and watched right beside him, but dared not to move to go any way closer or escape for Adez warned him that he would surely chop off his head.
~~~~~
"Angel...Angel..." Roy sat next to her, worried for she appeared to be sick. "Speak to me Angel! Speak to me."

She was silent. She moaned as if she were injured and laid holding her left shoulder with her right hand. She gripped it tightly almost as if it were in pain.

"Is it something with your arm? Are you hurt?" At first Roy thought that she was just having a bad dream, but now it just seemed more than that.

Roy took out a piece of cloth and wiped Angel's face with it. The beads of sweat were now gone, but as he heard Angel muttering 'no' again, he placed his hands into hers.

Her hands are cold...

Instinctively, Roy took both his hands and rubbed them against hers. She gripped his hands with both of her hands now and Roy smiled in ease at her response. He rubbed them with his thumb, carressing the back of her hand.

He noticed her shivering and had also felt the cold breeze that had passed towards them. He tried to let go of her hands to try and get a small blanket out of his pack. It had been a blanket his mother had made for him when he was young and he kept it with him ever since even when he went out to go hunt or train in the woods. A little bit of home always made him feel safer.

He tried to prie his hands off of hers, but Angel's grip on his grew tighter as he pulled. She began mumbling 'no' repeatedly again, but Roy knew she needed warmth if she was going to stay asleep outside any longer. He knew that if she did stay out here in the night, that he too would. Just so he can take care of her.

So he pulled away once again. He succeeded, but as he done so a tear fell out of her eye and her voice for help deadened. Quieter...and quieter.. "NO...No...no.." Then silence.

He watched that drop of water fall from her eyes to the ground and began to wonder what she was dreaming..or thinking, but then he had remembered the blanket and quickly placed it on her. She breathed calmly, rhythmically, but the tears flowed from her eyes gently. Roy began to wonder why once again as he wiped them away. It hurt to see her hurt. He held her hands again, and like a child, she held them again never wanting to let go. Her tears had ceased..and she went to sleep quietly.
~~~~~
Once she shut her eyes, she opened them back up hoping the dream had ended. But no. It hasn't. She opened her eyes and saw an arrow protruding out of her left shoulder and a sharp pain piercing through her arm. She gripped the arrow wanting so badly to pull it off, but at the same time not wanting to. It had hurt every time she moved. She then recognized that the arrow did not go through her entirely like a ghost, but it went through her like it had been real. This dissappointed her for sure, for when she wanted to be real within her dream, she was not, and when she wanted to be invisble she appeared.

She yelped in pain and moaned as she tried to get up, battling within her head if she should take the piece of sharp whittled wood off her arm. As she tried to get up off the ground, she only fell back down and the arrow moved inside her shoulder with a sharp stab within. She yelled in pain and looked in front of her only to see the Fate Few going away. She yelled once again, and soon Saber heard her.

It was different to see a younger form of Saber coming to her aid, but it was more odd that he had heard her within a dream with her as the same age as his within it. He ran back and told his group to keep going. Saber went towards the arrows flinging them fearlessly with his sword. He held his arm out towards me and pulled me up. She felt alot of blood coming out though she did not see any, and felt faint as she felt him accidentally yank on her arm. She groans and then within the dream her eyes shut into darkness. Sleep within sleep.
~~~~~
Roy held her hand and began to just watch the stars in the moonlit sky. He sighed relief as he noticed Angel was no longer shivering. It was quiet and only the sounds of crickets and frog could be heard within that chilly night, so as he tried to go to sleep he couldn't. So instead, he spoke to Angel once again.

"I'm really sorry about that one night..If that's the reason why you don't want to see me anymore. I understand. I really didn't mean too, I just...I just felt so lonely. Even if you guys are there for me. I know it sounds selfish that I would feel lonely even if I was around you guys, but in a way..it's true. I can't help but think about my family every time I'm having fun with you guys. How you guys are so..so caring for me..Then I begin to think of my mom and when I train, I think of my dad."

Roy watches a small star beginning to brighten in the distance as it blinks. "Then, I just feel..lonely. I try not to talk about it. You know how us guys are..we all went through similar things like losing a family member, but we can never get ourselves to open up to each other and talk about how we miss them. We just stay shut. Well, at least I know I do."

He held Angel's hand with a gentle grip and felt her hands beginning to warm. "I know you don't quite understand how that's like, having your family still with you, but I always feel like I need to tell you..I think..I think it's just because..becasuse, I like you."

Angel moved her head closer to his head which rested right on the rock beside her. He was alarmed and half-hoped that she had heard what he said, but as he paused to see if she had awakened, she was still asleep.

Her lashes seemed to lengthen as he stared, even her lips slightly opened with a rose color complexion. He felt a desire within him and the words slipped out of his mouth. "I love you."

He moved his head closer to her face, adorning her female calmliness as she slept. He was used to her fierce and always adventuring nature, and it had attracted him, but also the side of ladyness she never really showed. It seemed like a rare opportunity, he closed his eyes fantasizing that he was the prince in Sleeping Beauty. He never ever had kissed a girl before, he puckered his lips weirdly unknowing what to do. He went with it anyway, pushing himself within the moment.

He went closer..then closer..he angled his face this way and that. Never touching her lip with his. The task felt laborious as he struggled to find if he can do it right. He was used to being scared of girls, he usually avoided them, but then his love for Angel began once he hung out around her. More it grew during that day at Admire, and now he was here face to face with her, struggling to do what seemed like a simple task.

Then he just went for it. Quickly.

"What's wrong!?"

"Is Angel fine?!"

A flurry of yells appear from the tree house. Roy shys away from her face. It was the Fate Few.

He never got to kiss her.
~~~~~
Angel yawned and punched the air as she always had. After making a loud yawn, she finally felt refreshed. But as she tried to get off her bed, a sharp pang piercing pain could still be felt on her left arm.

I'm still dreaming?

She sat up from her sleep and saw that she had been lying down on a makeshift bed made with leaves and wood beneath her piled neatly in rows. A blanket laid in between her and the pile as a separation and another blanket lay on top of her. She woke up outside, not inside anywhere. She was lying outside in the woods. A fire pit was a safe distance next to her, and she felt its warmth from her hands. She remembered what had happened before Saber had held her hand to pull her up, but not after that. The only thing she could remember was her blurring and fainting vision as she blinked to clear her eyes. She remembered holding Saber's hand like he had been real, and then her eyes had shut into darkness. Nothing more after she could remember.

Now she was here, wondering, sitting up on a bumpy makeshift bed. She was greatful for it for sure, but it had done something weird to her back. She got off the bed and stretched to straighten it out. She had noticed people from New Begin-younger versions of them- had been scurrying around carrying supplies to what looked like started constructions for tree houses. The unusual feeling went upon her again as she saw the first people of New Begin in her dream.

Some had noticed her awakening and went straight way to what looked like the Fate Few in the distance. Surely, it was them. She went straight to them as they ran towards her. They began asking her questions and plenty came out of their mouths she could not understand. For some reason, it began to sound like only one person had been speaking as if the voices together once blended together made sense. It was a guy's voice. Very familiar..

The dream faded away into darkness, and she heard only the last three words within nothing. "I love you."

Huh? That voice sounds like...

Angel was confused. Then suddenly she vanished into New Begin again. But this time she was lying in her bedroom awake in the night. Suddenly, loud bursts of yell went through the forest. It sounded like New Begin was in danger. She went and looked out her window only to see Greanger men lighting up the houses and slaughtering men. The Fate Few was doing their best to fight back the men.

Saber slashes and kills a man of Greanger and saves a villager.

"Are you okay?" He asks the villager quickly with concern. The villager was Angel's mother. "Is Angel fine?"

"Yes, ma'am. I am sure of it. Stay safe."

"Thank you."

Saber leaves at that and helps his group once again. As he left, Angel spotted a man on a horse raiding back and forth slashing men and women as they try to fight back. The man speedily coming closer to her mother.

"Mother!!" Angel yelled in despair, but right before her eyes, her mother was killed. "No!...No...no.." Angel sobbed and her hands fell to her face wishing she could have went down to save her.
~~~~~
Abason watched right next to Adez. The Fate Few still haven't made it down yet for some reason. All he could see was Angel sleeping down below in moon lit darkness. He wondered whose voice was the one who had asked for help, and had recognized a young man right next to her. He looked familiar...a little bit he thought.

He listened carefully through the silent whispers of the wind like ghosts wading around in the middle of the night as it did sound when the boy spoke. The words was a little hard to grasp as the croaking of the frogs and chirps of the crickets murmured through the night along with his voice, but he got to manage a few words. The words, " I love you."

It had shocked Abason for sure and made him feel smaller for he then realized it had been her suitor from that one festival night in New Begin. He remembered that night where he had watched the people danced and how dhe sat right next to this very boy on a table. He had that dreamy look to him that night, much like a mesmerized cat looking at a sounding little jingle bell atop its elfish hat as it hang and he patted it to make sound. He understood himself for if he were the one dancing with Angel that night, he too would be dreamy eyed. Her dress brought out her more feminine side and how she gracefully danced naturally as if she had been taught by royals graced her being. Almost as if it had been in her blood.

Abason snapped out of his little flashback as he realized that the young man was getting rather close to her face. His face filled with rage as he had noticed at what he was attempting to do. Adez beside him was also astonished, but also seemingly as if he had expected it to happen.

Abason just looked at him as Adez began to toss to and fro his head clutching his stomach in the process. Adez chuckled and then his laughter came out making Abason want to look at them below.

He placed his focus once again on Angel and the young man and soon saw what the man beside him was laughing at. He too began to clutch his stomach and instinctively placed his hand unto his mouth to cover it to prevent the sound of his laughing even if he had realized that the lady he had in mind to rule next to his throne was being attempted to be kissed.

He chuckled and wanted to laugh boisterously, but had remembered that if the Fate Few were to come out and spot them from above, both were in trouble. Also they did not want to stop the boy from trying as they found it hilarious. Well, Abason surely wanted to try to stop him, but it was so amusing that his cheeks had hurt from gasping that he couldn't even speak. The boy moved his head left, right, tilted, dipping, and it almost seemed that he would never figure the puzzle out. Then a small quick movement widened Abason's eyes to what he did not want to happen. The young man just went for it.

Abason immediately ran out the door to get down to the bottom and punch the guy.
~~~~~
Angel woke up from her dream in a gasp and hit Roy's head with her head in the process. She was still shook by what had happened, but it was stopped as she head bumped Roy unexpectantly. She rubbed her head and moaned as Roy did the same. He pressed his forehead and the bridge of his nose as Angel circled her temples. The Fate Few witnessed the collision and laughed.

"Ow.." Angel managed to say out of her bewilderment.

Roy just kept moaning and massaging his head. He was obviously not expecting it to happen. He was also frustrated that he never got to do what he should have done. He sighed in disbelief and failure.

The loud burst of laughter that came from the Fate Few wasn't as loud as the one above at the tree house however. They all stopped and looked up to see who it was. It was Adez alone at the window bouncing his head back and forth with a hearty laughter.

All there minds all went to one unison thought. Where was the Prince? They had the prince under their hands and now he is gone?

Saber gave a disappointed look towards Adez as he kept his laughter going. They all had stopped their sounds and Adez was the only loud sound bellowing. Adez had realized that there was no longer any laughter, but his. It had urged him to open his squeezing smiling eyes. He was in trouble. He saw the look in everyone below except for Angel who was still rubbing her face.

She had no idea they were looking above and that the laughter had stopped, all that bothered her was the aching feeling in her head and the disturbing dream she had.

Roy, on the other hand, had caught on and wondered the same as the Fate Few.

Adez looked to his right to see if his prisoner was there, guessing that that was the reason for their disappointed faces..and indeed it was.

Abason was no longer there.

Then where is he? Was he part of the enemy? and was his alliance just a lie for his cover?

The Fate Few went into there stances.

Silence filled the air besides the occasional quiet rushes of wind and the animals in the woods. They heard something coming from the house. A person, going down the stairs with stomping feet. It was quick, but then a loud thud and toppling had occured within. It sounded like something had fell and bounced down the stairs.

Saber laughed. He knew what it was and so did Archie and Anlace. Roy just looked at them confused along with Adez. Saber, Archie, and Anlace knew the inside joke for what took them long to get down the stairs earlier was because of Saber's rush downstairs, he hadn't watched his step as he went down first and stumbled upon some planks that they placed there for tomorrows preparations in defenses. Archie meant to warn Saber, but Saber collided with the building materials making them all fall. Ironically, they placed the things back to where they should have been in the beginning. Soon, they all chuckled as they knew it was Abason making his way down. Maybe for his escape.

They awaited for his appearance as it must have been frustrating for the prince to tumble and fall in the enemy territory and sure enough it was. He came out with a small limp and his clothing rustled along with his hair. His face was full of anger, eyebrows pointing down with his menacing scowl. As the team was ready to chase him down, they expected him to run, but he instead headed towards them. He wasn't running at all.

But now the question rose as to why he was heading their way. What was the reason? It boggled their minds as they thought, but they had recognized that a hatred was emanating from him and his eyes were only facing one particular person.

Roy.

And the prince was coming towards him rather quickly.
~~~~~
Angel still wasn't acquainted to what has happened after being hit on her forehead and the dream. She felt her head going light, but she fought towards the migraine that was also occurring to her head. She wondered almost aimlessly feeling herself in reality then to light headedness. It fluctuated. The pain would stop, throb, and go, then come back again. She wanted to throw up in the process as the images of dying people had flashed through her mind. The image that appeared in her mind though, had been the one of her mother being killed.

She would hate if that were to happen for her truly.

As Angel paced around and no one drew any particular attention to her, the prince was charging straight towards Roy. Roy had noticed his approach to him and backed away more and more as he came. For some reason, the Fate Few just stood still and watched as the two were soon going to collide at some point.

Abason became a raging red bull as he surged more forward with every single step. Roy shyly kept backing away, sensing that somehow he had angered this prince one way or another. He scrambled in his mind as the prince came closer to his bubble. Has he trespassed somewhere in his actions? Roy didn't think so.

He knew he had not, but he really did not understand as to why the prince was coming. He decided to stay still. It was a very dumb move, but Roy was not thinking clearly still, the same as Angel for their collision had caused quite a headache. Not only the headache for Roy, but also how he never managed to do the kiss. He still hoped that the Fate Few did not see it. His attempts made him feel embarrassed.

Standing still, he couldn't get his focus on the prince for the thought that he was charging him went in and out of his mind. Everything soon went into slow motion. The Fate Few's faces turned from curious to alarmed as the princes arm went in the air.

Roy got the message once the hands of the prince turned to fists. It thrusted. He dodged the first punch. It was really quick and it lightly skimmed the side of his head. Another punch. Stars. That's all Roy could see after he got hit by the second punch.
~~~~~
Everything turned from white to black, and then white again. The punches hurt alot at first, but then he was just out of it. Roy heard Saber's words when he tried to prie Abason off of him, but that was the last thing he heard. "Get off of him!" Then darkness.

Abason gave one punch after the other hitting primarily on Roy's face. It was very personal for him that he wanted to ruin his face forever. Roy only had managed to dodge the first hit, but that only had fueled Abason's anger more. Angel had a special place in his heart for all other girls only tried to know him for power and wealth. Yes, he knew that he was quite a handsome man, but each girl only lured him for something they wanted from him, not for him himself. He has gotten fooled by many men and women so many times that he could tell there motives in their eyes. This has made a part of him cold.

However, he had met Angel at the most weirdest times, yet she did not even have the slightest want of seeing him at the beginning. He had dreamed of the little girl, the dancing girl that fell into a festival, and the girl who had fell in the falls. It was almost as if it were fate.

He'd remember and go to sleep at night looking at the bare white ceiling thinking about who the mystery girl would be. He had made a prayer out in the woods many times, though he hadn't had the slightest idea who he was talking to. He had always felt a presence, someone out there beyond the world watching. The creation and beauty of the world had marveled him so many times before that he wondered if someone had created them. Because of this feeling that he had felt at times, he had asked the force beyond all things to reveal to him answers such as a woman in his life. He never verbally got answers from the Creator of the marvels around him, but signs as the times Angel had come coincidentally to him.

Then he started thinking how Angel revealed to him the truth of the Advisors. She did not try to, it just had happened. Then the thought of his dead father had arisen within his nebulous mind. Before, he was so angry at his father for leaving him alone, but then had been given sight that he was wrong about his father.

He punched harder and faster like he had never done before. His knuckles were beginning to bleed. His eyes were shut now as tears wanted to fall off his face. He had no idea what he was hitting, but he needed to let it out.

Because of the Advisors, he had to learn who his father was again. He needed to stop being angry for something his father never meant to happen. He needed to let go all those confused nights as a child growing up without a real family. He knew now in his heart that he was wrong all along about what he made up his dad to be.

Abason got all his anger out. He had punched Roy so many times that he never knew he could be so angry. His blurry eyes opened as tears flowed out of his eyes in despair, finally letting himself mourn for his dad. A grieving he had held within him for so many long years. He closed his eyes again and blinked letting all the tears that he held on, go. He stood there, hands on his face as he sobbed and finally he let go his position by falling to the ground on his knees. It didn't matter if those around him were watching anymore. He needed to grieve and release what he had felt towards his father.
~~~~~
The Fate Few grabbed Abason's arms. Abason had opened his eyes and soon saw his bloody hands. He had seen what he has done and regretted it. Tears still had freely dripped down his eyes, but he knew that what he had done could not be taken back. He hadn't noticed until now that he wasn't hitting Roy the entire time. He had been hitting the side of the rock that Angel was laying atop of.

His hands were bleeding and the damage had been done. He glanced to the side seeing what he had done to the young man as they brought him away, his face smeared in blood as his nose leaked full of the red liquid. His eyes were shut and bruised to a purple he had never imagined an eye could be. He squirmed at the monster he had become in seconds. He had let go of his past with his father, but kept within him the hatred he had toward the Advisors. And never he will was in his mind.

A part of him fought at the thought though, and it had bothered him that he had become as violent as the Advisors were towards a boy he thinks he doesn't know. Now he was in the arms of Saber and Adez with an arrow pointed towards him once more. But now he knew it was worse because Angel stood a few feet from him with a disappointed and betrayed look.

The whole thing looked like I wasn't here to stay at peace with the people. It looked as if I was still carrying out the Advisors plan..and that's what had urked me the most. Angel had seen what I had done. She looked scrambled in thought and felt ashamed that she had mentioned me as a friend. She just didn't understand. They pulled me away and I said no words. I was too afraid that I would make the problem worse than it already was.

They brought me to what looked like a prison, and indeed it was. There were bars of metal and rock walls. It looked like a horse stall with the room size for a horse one next to the other separated by gray walls. The roof was also rock but the floor was made of dirt. They threw me in and Saber said a few words after he had shut the barred door.

"We will be discussing what you did tommorow morning. If we are convinced by Angel that you are a friend, then we may let you out. But now, you will just have to stay here until then."

Abason crept into the corner, sat down with his hands pulling his knees close to his chest, and stayed silent. Saber motioned about to leave, but then mentioned a few more words.

"By the way, don't even try thinking of getting out. You're guarded by these guards...and trust me they will not let you escape." He paused. "Oh, and you can't dig out either. Underneath that dirt ground is solid rock. Don't start thinking you can go smart on me because we thought this jail through."

Abason just stared down, his eyes full of the same disappoinment they all had, except his disappointment had been on himself. He sighed and tried to rest his eyes, but he couldn't. Instead, he placed his hands on a bowl of water that had been inside his small space and washed off the blood of his hands and washed his face.

He knew this was going to be a longer night than it already had been.
~~~~~
Abason sat on the little mat that laid on the ground. It had been a woven mat made out of some dyed grass.

Abason sat down thinking over and over again the events that had just happened. He could hear Angel arguing with the leaders within the tree house, but all was muffled. He went as close to the bars of the jail as possible, but the tree house wasn't in view.

He moved away from the edge and began pacing with a hand rubbing his forehead. He was thinking hard and felt very exhausted, but what had exhausted him most was the fact that Angel now had to take care of it. He hoped that she would be able to convince them. If the Advisors don't get word from them, they might send in a search party. That he did not want to happen.

A guard watched him as he paced. At first Abason hadn't noticed because the guards stayed still in a straight position focused, but this guard couldn't keep his eyes off of him. Abason finally felt the tug of his head to meet his curious guard that had been watcing him. He just stared back at him blankly, but the guard never left his eyes off him. Then the guard broke the tense air.

"Why do you keep pacing? You know you can't escape. Plus your pacing just makes you look all the more guilty of something. Like your plotting or what."

The guard was apparently only annoyed of his pacing movements.

"I'm just thinking." Abason simply replied.

"You know when I was in there, I plotted on getting out and escaping."

"Oh, yea? So you were once in here huh?"

The guard just realized what he had told him, but then kept going. "Yea. That was a long time ago."

"Why'd you tell me?"

"It gets boring standing around here. I would be at home with my family sleeping or doing something more productive you know. We don't get many prisoners around here."

"So you're just a volunteered guard?"

"No. I was made to. Pledged to."

"Why?"

"I did some things, I wish I hadn't."

"That's why you were placed in the jail?"

"Pretty much."

"So how'd you get out?"

"I tried so hard to get out of there. And you know what?"

"What?" Abason got up, went to the jail bars, and held them with his hands to get closer to listen.

"I couldn't."

"Then how did you get out? Was it like a short penalty?"

"Nah. You see, Saber is one of the most noble leaders I know. He let me out on one condition."

"What was that?"

"You ask to many questions."

"Oh.." Abason turned his back and was about to walk back to the mat.

"The condition was.."

Abason ran back to hear.

"I had to pledge my life for Fatenturia, never to ever betray, and never to fight for the enemy til death." He paused and shifted his feet. "Then I accepted. After that, Saber gave me this job and he told me that I should help whenever I was needed."

"Greanger?"

The guard threw in a small feather filled pillow into the space between the jail bars. Abason caught it surprised.

"Thanks. But was it Greanger?"

He threw in also a small blanket. The man's face didn't look like he wanted to talk about it, but Abason stayed to listen. The guard seeing that the young man was ready to hear an answer, he replied.

"Go get some sleep. Tommorow's gonna be a long day."
~~~~~
Angel stood there in front of the group as they argued over what had happened to Roy. She had wanted to help bandage his wounds along with Anlace, but Anlace will just have to do it on her own.

Angel needed to convince them somehow that Abason wasn't the enemy. Whatever he did must have a different reason. The attack had only been projected to Roy so she knew it just had to do with something else.

Roy was asleep so she couldn't ask him to explain. Angel thought in her mind as to what could have triggered Abason to do so, but found no fault in Roy's part from all she knew. Maybe it had something to do during her sleep. The boys have probably met each other, and had gotten to some argument of some sort.

But now Angel had no time to look back into that. Saber wanted answers and he wanted it now. What were they? She didn't know. But she knows that he wasn't the enemy. At least to her...

In order to convince the group that were on the edge of their seats, she showed to them the letters that Abason and she had found and read. She decided to bring them with her in case she would find more within them. Abason hadn't known that she had brought them, but now was the time to bring them out. She had shown Saber and he passed it around to get more to see them in case they missed something. They began pestering her with questions. She was able to answer a few, but the questions they asked her about the incident earlier, she could not.

So she redirected their questions.

"Why are you asking me when I had no part within the fight? Didn't you know that I had been asleep? Why not ask the two people who know the situation better than you and me?"

With that, they agreed. The arguement has stopped within us as they had believed Abason was a friend, but to Roy, may have been a different situation.

Angel went home to go to sleep, and the Fate Few went back to their duties and rest.

All left the problem for tommorow.

For tommorow it will all be settled.
~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 1.2K 56
[COMPLETED] She can save them all. Her people. Her kingdom. Her family. But only if she marries the king of the enemy. Hell breaks loose when 𝐈𝐌𝐎�...
57 6 49
Summary: Magic! Monsters! Spirits! Bandits! Warlords! Odd couple friendships! Falcon mascot! The Empire broke the world when they betrayed the elemen...
3.4K 114 10
This is a combined story of Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night put together into one. Y/n L/n is an average kid who is new to the Mage's Association with...
28.8K 899 18
Arturia Pendragon, the former King of Camelot is not a king anymore. Now she just attends High School dealing with typical High School Bullies.. look...