Adoptive Daddy

By lovelynerdyathlete97

"You have a couple options here, abort, adopt, or keep the baby." I mentally scoffed at how inconsiderate the... More

Adoptive Daddy**
Chapter 2**
Chapter 3**
Chapter 4**
Chapter 5**
Chapter 6**
Chapter 7**
Chapter 8**
Chapter 9**
Chapter 10**
Chapter 11**
Chapter 12**
Chapter 13**
Chapter 14**
Chapter 15**
Chapter 16**
Chapter 17**
Chapter 18**
Chapter 19**
Not a Chapter
Chapter 20**
Chapter 21**
Chapter 23**
Chapter 24**
Chapter 25**
Chapter 26**
Chapter 27**
Chapter 28**
Chapter 29
Epilogue**
Please Read
Author's Note

Chapter 22**

23.6K 699 70
By lovelynerdyathlete97

Michael's POV

I leaned back in my chair and smirked at Blaise who was telling some animated story about one of his adventures with Gabe. "Yeah, so after the lady cussed out Gabe, he grabbed my hand and we walked out of the restaurant without paying a dime!"

"You know how Gabriel is. He's a mess." Blaise sighed and plopped down in the chair across from my desk.

"You know, me and Gabe were thinking about adopting a kid. What do you think about that?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Gabe was never a man to settle down, but it seems that he was actually serious about it with Blaise.

"I think it's good that Gabe is finally settling down. I like you for him. He needs someone like you." Blaise blushed, but didn't comment. We sat in silence just contemplating our thoughts when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I tensed when I saw Ashley standing there smiling sweetly at me and Blaise.

"Hello gentlemen, it's nice to see you." My eyes never left the conniving woman in front of me. When I asked Blaise to leave the room, he complied with no problems.

"Michael, I no longer want to take your children from you." Ashley wasn't one to just let things go like that.

"But what do you want?"

"You." I scoffed at the stupidity in that statement.

"Excuse me? I'm a married man, now." Her eyes turned to slits and narrowed in on the silver band on my ring finger.

"Divorce her like you did me." Was she really this stupid?

"No." I stood up not encouraging this conversation anymore. Ashley was clearly becoming delusional and I wouldn't tolerate it.

"Look Ashley, I'm not divorcing Micah. I love her and my family." She scowled and crossed her arms. She sat down in the seat that Blaise previously occupied. Her admittedly long, beautiful legs crossed and she began to bounce her foot that was encased in a blue stiletto.

"I guess you don't care about the safety of your little wifey." I froze and turned sharply to face Ashley's smug face.

"What?" Ashley pulled up something on her phone and it was a video feed on Micah playing with the kids in the living room.

"You divorce her and meet me tonight in the Marriott Hotel tonight. Room 458. Be there at 10." She stood up and put her hands on her hips. "Be ready to have a little fun, I've missed your wild side in bed."

I fumed in silence as Ashley waved her manicured fingers at me before leaving my office. I sat back down and dialed the house phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, baby girl. How's Sophie and Conn?"

"They're good. I'm actually playing with them now." She started talking to the kids and I smiled at how adorable the image was in my head. "Wanna talk to daddy?" There was a shuffling of the phones and then I heard a slightly low pitched babble and knew Conner was on the phone.

"Hey bud. How are you treating mommy today?" There was more babbling and I grinned, then there was high pitched giggling and claps and I knew the phone had switched to Sophia.

"Hey bunny. You treating your mommy and brother alright?" She gurgled and squealed before Micah answered the phone again laughing.

"Hearing their daddy's voice has them all excited now. How's work?" I thought back to Ashley's visit and decided not to tell her about that.

"It's good. The work load has been pretty light, so I was joking with Blaise a little bit ago."

"That's nice. Well, it's nap time now, so I'll see you when you get home. I love you."

"Give the kids a kiss for me. I love you too, baby girl." I hung up the phone and sighed, rubbing my temples. I picked up my business phone and dialed Gabe's office.

"Yo, Blaise told me about the witch. Is everything alright?" I sighed.

"No, can you stop by the office really quickly?"

"Sure man." A minute later, a knock came at the door and Gabe popped in and sat down on the corner of my desk. "So, what happened?"

"She threatened the safety of my family. I don't play when it comes to family." Gabe knew how true that statement was too. I'd always been fiercely protective of my mother and sister and now I had a family of my own and I'll be damned if it was threatened by my ex.

"How do we know she wasn't bluffing?"

"She has a video feed of my house and she showed me what they were doing. I called Micah and she basically validated that's what they were doing." I pinched the bridge of my nose as my mind warred with itself.

"What's the next step?" I sighed. This was my dilemma. I didn't want to go to these measures, but I'd do anything for my family.

"I think I have to call in my favor." Gabe's eyebrow went up and he let out a slow whistle.

"If that's what you think, then go ahead."

"I mean, what should I do man?" Gabe crossed his arms.

"You want my honest opinion?" I nodded. Gabe's opinion was usually helpful when I was in a dilemma, so I wanted to know what he though.

"If it was up to me, I would have cashed in on that favor a couple of weeks ago."

***

I unlocked my door and loosened my tie. "Baby, I'm home!" Micah popped her head out of the kitchen and smiled at me.

"Just in time for dinner." She walked to me and gave me a sweet kiss that I savored. Her excitement to greet me always left me with a feeling of such love that my heart skipped a beat. She looked so adorable in her yoga pants and over-sized sweater.

We walked to the kitchen where the kids were in their high chairs and slapping their hands down on the table connected to their high chair. As they got older, you could see the distinct differences in Sophie and Conner, but the similarities just as well.

I sat down in front of Sophie's high chair and grabbed her jar of baby food. I pretended like the food was an airplane and fed Sophie without any problems. As I was cleaning her mouth, I got a phone call and saw that it was an unknown number.

My smile turned into a serious look and Micah looked at me questionably. "Hello?"

"As of 5 pm today, it's been done." I sighed in relief.

"Thank you. Call me if you need anything, I seriously owe you."

"I'll keep that in mind. Take care of that pretty little lady you got there."

"Don't worry about that." I hung up and Micah walked up to me.

"What was that about?" I shook my head.

"Don't worry about it, baby girl. It was just business." She accepted my answer even though she still had questions and she continued to clean Conner. After cleaning the kitchen, we put the babies to bed and brought the sound monitor downstairs with us.

Micah curled into my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her, then kissed her forehead. "I love you, Micah." She looked me in the eye before searching my face.

"I love you too, Mikey."

I took the remote and turned the tv on. The news came on and I took a deep breath. Ashley's picture was on the screen.

"Attention! Today, Ashley Sears, formally Tucker was found dead in her home. One bullet wound to the head ended her life. It is suspected to be a suicide."

Micah stiffened in my arms and turned to look me straight into my eyes.

"Michael, what did you do?"

************************************************************************************************************

Soooo Ashley's dead. What do you think about that? What is Micah going to say to Michael? Is she mad? Relieved? Disgusted?

Tell me what you think!

Also..please help my horrible memory lol

Did I give Micah's little sister a name or age? If so, please comment and tell me!

Did I give Michael's sister a name?? And have we met any of his other family?

Please tell me please! I'd love you forever!

Hope you enjoyed! :)

Vote! Comment! Fan me!

Love you guys! :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 6.6K 84
"It felt like...like a-" "A plot twist?" "Yeah." Amara Shacklebolt has always had the ordinary wizard life. Part of an old wizarding family? Checked...
393K 9.8K 42
Lauren Flora is twenty one, a nanny for the world famous Angelina and Christian Klore's son, five year old Matt. Her life is uncomplicated until she...
9.4K 314 10
Ok! Let's do this one last time, like for real this time yeah? My name is Subaru Natsuki! And for the past 4 months! I have been Japan's one and only...
460K 5.7K 17
IN THE PROCESS OF EDITING THE BOOK SO PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MESSUPS THEY ARE BEING FIXED!! **** Sarah just moved from the city to the country and she's n...