The War of the Alphas: Book 1...

By booklings21

"The war is coming." "What should we do?" "The only thing we can do. Hope that it doesn't destroy us as i... More

Characters Part 1
The War of the Alphas
Excerpt
1| Crown Pack
2| Lycan Pack
3| Crown Pack
4| Lycan Pack
5| Lycan Pack
6| Crown Pack
7| Lycan Pack
8| Crown Pack
9| Lycan Pack
10| Lycan Pack
11| Crown Pack
12| Lycan Pack
13| Lycan Pack
14| Lycan Pack
15| Crown Pack
16| Lycan Pack
17| Crown Pack
18| Lycan Pack
19| Lycan Pack
20| Crown Pack
22| Lycan Pack
Characters Part 2
23| Crown Pack/Summit Pack
24| Crown Pack
25| Crown Pack
26| Lycan Pack
27| Lycan Pack (Mature)
28| Lycan Pack
29| Rogue/Summit Pack
30| Rogue
31| Summit Pack
32| Summit Pack
33| Red Moon Pack
34| Lycan Pack
35| Red Moon Pack
36| Lunar Claw Pack
37| Lycan Pack
38| Lunar Claw Pack
39| Red Moon Pack
40| Crown Pack
41| Lycan Pack
42| Phoenix Pack
43| Lunar Claw Pack
44| Red Moon Pack
45| Lycan Pack
46| Phoenix Pack
47| Lunar Claw Pack
48| Red Moon Pack
49| Phoenix Pack
50| Red Moon Pack
51| Lycan Pack
52| Phoenix Pack
The Terminator
53: Lycan Pack
Explanation and Advice

21| Lycan Pack

1.8K 122 19
By booklings21

The truth is revealed!

Lycan Pack: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

"Who have you shifted in front of?" Parker asks as soon as he closes his office door behind him.

His voice is serious, more serious than I've ever heard it. It sounds like he's telling me he's going to war.

I think of all the people I've shifted in front of my entire life. I shrug and say, "Just you two and my parents." I turn to Ash. "He told me to only go on runs with him."

Parker frowns at Ash. "How did you find out about this," he asks as he points to me.

"I found her in the woods the day after she arrived, she was hiding behind a tree log in her wolf form."

"Hello," I wave my hand in front of my face. "I'm in the room you know."

Parker walks to his desk and with a sigh he sits down. Moments pass before he looks up to me.

"Did your parents ever tell you why you weren't allowed around other werewolves?"

I think to the message my Dad left for me. He said he will explain everything if I meet up with him. Would he explain that?

"No," I tell him.

"They didn't say anything about their past?" He raises an eye brow, probably not believing me.

"My parents past was just that. Their past, I never thought much of it and I never cared to know," I tell him getting mad. Parker keeps looking at me like I'm a math problem and it's bothering me.

Parker sighs while Ash answers. "We're just curious Shay that's all," he says with a calm voice.

"Curious about what," I yell and stand up from the arm chair. "You keep talking in code and it's making me mad!"

"Shay calm down," Parker orders me. "We're trying to help."

"You aren't helping anything," I scream louder.

From the corner of my eye I see Ash shiver. I turn to him with a questioning look. "It's cold in here." He wraps his arms around himself.

Parker shakes his head. "The air conditioning in the house is messed up, I need to call someone to fix it."

"Can we please get back on track here?" I scream in frustration.

"Shay," Parker says while making his way around the desk to me. "How do I say this?" He looks a lost at words. "Ash help me."

Ash stands up beside Parker to stand in front of me. "Did you parents ever say anything about the color of your fur?"

Confused I say, "No, they didn't."

"Well Shay," Ash lays a hand on my shoulder but pulls it away after Parker growls at him. "You're different from any wolf I've ever seen."

"To ever exist," Parker corrects.

"What are you guys talking about?"

With a look of concern Ash says, "Shay, you're fur is red."

A moment of silence echoes through the room as both men stare at me expectantly.

"So," I draw it out.

Parker runs his hands through his hair frustrated. "It's bright red, all of it, as bright as blood."

"What's the problem?"

"That's not normal Shay." Parker looks at me with a worried look. "I don't think your parents were hiding themselves, I think they were hiding you."

"Do want more coffee dear?"

I look up to the elderly waitress who looks at me with a small smile.

"No thank you," I wave her off with a forced smile.

After Parker told me his idea of why my parents live away from every other wolf I told him he was crazy and left.

I don't get the big deal. So my fur is red, the sky is blue, snow is white, darkness is black but no one ever questions those colors. But it's obvious that it's important to Parker and Ash, and I trust them both so it should be important to me too. I just can't think of why it would be important in the first place.

My parents never saw it as a big deal so why should I? But then again they're one of the few people who've actually seen my wolf.

Is fur color supposed to mean something like eye color does? Parker never said anything like that when he explained things to me.

"Do you want more coffee?" A deep voice asks from above.

"I said no thank you." I look up to see a handsome man standing right by my table. His dark brown hair that falls down to his jaw line and over his circular rimmed glasses that hold a pair of dashing dark brown eyes behind them. He has a light scruffy beard and a mustache.

He looks like an older attractive nerd. If hadn't found Parker I'm sure I would be swooning.

Without an invitation he slides into the seat across from me. "Dora, can we get more coffee over here?" He hollers to the elderly waitress.

I sniff the air to make sure he's a werewolf, but he's a human. Which I guess is better at the moment.

"I said I don't want anymore," I tell him irritated.

He slides his enticing brown eyes over to me. "I never said it was for you." His voice comes out deep and silky smooth.

"Do I know you?"

The waitress comes over to place a full cup of black coffee in front of the man.

He shakes his head. "Do I know you?" He takes a sip from the cup.

"No," I tell him. "Why are you sitting here if we don't know each other?"

"See," he swallows his coffee. "You're not going to make any friends with that attitude."

"I'm not in the mood to make a new friend today okay? So you could please leave me the hell alone?"

He raises a perfect eyebrow. "Not having a good day?"

I scoff. "Not having a good month."

"Well coffee always makes bad days better," he says with a smile. "So does making a new friend."

"Why are you so sure we'll be friends?" I ask leaning against the table. I push aside my empty coffee cup to lean my elbows on the cold wood.

He shrugs. "I don't. We might not have anything in common but we have to see for ourselves."

"And why do you need a new friend?"

"I never said I did, I have lots of friends. But it looks like you need one," he says and points to me while lifting the cup to his lips.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you it's not polite to point," I say rudely.

At the moment I would rather be alone with my thoughts, no matter how bad or stressful they are. But being alone with my thoughts causes me to think, which I have to do right now if I want to clear up anything in my chaotic life.

He shakes his head. "My mother taught me a lot of things but she never said that."

"Well it's rude," I tell him.

He laughs deeply. "I can already feel the friendship between us forming."

I sigh. "Can you leave me alone? Like I said, I'm not in the mood for making a new 'friend' right now." I rub my fingers into my head feeling a head ache coming on.

"But you obviously need one," he comments with a smirk. "And I don't see anyone else around."

"That's because I want to be alone," I grunt.

"Take it from me," he says, leaning in close like he's telling a secret. "Being alone sucks."

"And being surrounded by a bunch of confusing people is not fun either," I snap.

"Am I confusing?" He points a finger at himself with an innocent frown. "I just want to be your friend."

"Aren't you kind of old to be friends with an eighteen year old?"

Beyond his long hair and big glasses you can tell he's older, in his late twenties possibly unless time has not been good for him.

"I'm only twenty eight, not fifty." He rolls his eyes.

"Well I have a boyfriend."

The man looks around the small café which only has two other people in it. The waitress and another human. Looks like either no wolf comes to this café or no one wants coffee on a hot summer day.

"And where is he?" He turns back to me.

I look down to my empty cup. "Not with me," I whisper. Parker always makes things better for me but right now he's confusing me. I would like to relax for just ten minutes but apparently this guy doesn't want me too.

"Ah," the man says as he leans back into the booth. "So you don't want to be around your boyfriend?"

I slam my hands onto the wooden table. "Why am I talking to you about this?"

"Because you have no one else to talk to. It's obvious that you need to rant to someone and I'm offering," he says with a smirk.

"Well I'm not accepting." I stand from the booth and fish out a couple dollars from my pocket to lie on the table.

The man's hand shoots out to grab mine before I can drop the money. "Let me," he offers. "I'm not done anyways." He drops my hand.

Slowly I fold the money back into my back pocket of my shorts. "Thanks," I say awkwardly.

He nods with head with a smile. "My pleasure, and hey if you need a friend you know where to find me," he says while gesturing around the room.

Without another word I leave the small café behind. I can't think much about the weird encounter before Parker mind-links me.

'Where are you?'

'I'm coming back now.'

"Where have you been?" Are the first words I hear as soon as I step foot in Parker's office.

I close the door behind me and say calmly, "At a café in town."

Inside the office is Parker, Ash, and Jacob. I can practically see the imprints on the wood where Parker has been pacing. He has car keys in his hands that I assume he was going to go use to find me. He throws them on the desk and stalks towards me.

"Don't run off like that again," Parker growls with his hands on my shoulders.

I shrug out of his hold and plant myself on his couch in the corner, he follows immediately after.

"Shay," he repeats with a deep angry voice.

"I didn't run off, you knew I was leaving. If it mattered to you, you should have ran after me." I lay down on the couch feeling the effects of the head-ache. Parker lays my legs over his lap.

"I thought you wanted to be alone," he says shamefully.

"I did," I sigh. "Thank you."

Even though some stranger wouldn't let that happen.

A small smile appears on Parkers lips. I can't help but sit up and curl into his side. Being near him calms me down and clears my head momentarily.

"We've informed Jacob of the situation," Ash says formally. He and Jacob are sitting in the arm chairs in front of the desk. They have to turn their bodies to face us.

"So this is a situation now?" I raise an eye brow.

"Not a situation, just," Parker pauses, trying to find the right words.

"Look it doesn't matter what it is," Jacob comments. "Let's just call it news for now because Shay is right, we don't know what this means."

"We've been talking Shay and we think we came up with something," Ash says uncomfortably. He scratches the back of his neck.

"Which is?"

"It's obvious that your parent's know what is going on with you," he continues. "So we want to contact them."

I sit up from Parker's side instantly. "You want to contact my parents?"

I don't think that's the best idea. My parents hate pack wolves, they hate every kind of wolf, and they must have a reason for that. I know the way that pack wolves treat rouges, I've seen it first hand in that cell. Plus all the snide remarks from Parker when I first got here about how much he hates rouges.

I'm not willing to put my parents in front of Parker, even if he is my mate. I won't bring them in front of anyone.

"They'll have all the answers," Parker adds.

"Why does it matter so much?" I throw my hands into the air. "Is there any reason for you to know other than your curiosity?"

"Shay, you don't understand how unique this is. It's never happened before." Ash calmly rises from his chair.

"I'm not some damn science experiment!" My loud voice fills every corner of the room.

"That's not what we're trying to say." Ash holds out his hand in a reassuring way.

The anger inside of me is festering, it's been building up since this morning and it's only a matter of time until it blows up.

"Shouldn't you be with you mate," I snarl to Ash.

All I really want is to be alone. I shouldn't have come back after the café. I should have ran, I will run when I get the chance if they don't stop speaking about something I don't understand.

Shock or even hurt doesn't replace Ash's concerning look for me.

"Ivy is fine without me, she's busy doing rounds around the territory."

"Shay, listen to me," Parker calmly says. "You're parents are the only ones who know why your fur is red, they are the only ones with answers. Don't you want to know why you're different."

"Is different bad? Is that what this is about," I ask with hurt covering my voice. It would explain why they're so adamant about it all.

"No! No," Parker reassures me, pulling me to his chest. "You're perfect baby,"

The door swings open, the wood hitting the wall with a crack. The sound makes me jump away from Parker in surprise. Standing in the doorway is Ivy looking very angry with her bright yellow eyes.

She lets out a growl before attaching herself to Ash. Watching their tongues wage war is not a very fun sight to see.

I take it as my cue to leave. Before Parker knows what's going on I'm taking the keys from his desk and running through the door and down the hallways until I reach the front door.

Thankfully the car is parked right in front just waiting for me to get in. Well I assume it's the right car, to make sure I press the unlock button on the keys and sure enough the large pickup truck in front of me lights up.

"Shay?" Before I can open the door I turn to see Carter walking towards me from a trail in the woods. "What are you doing?"

I look towards the front door then back to Carter.

"Just going for a drive," I say impatiently.

"Can I come with? I need to speak to you." Being the person he is he takes the keys from my hands and lifts me onto the seat before I can answer. I slide over and let him start the car because I know Parker is close to coming after me.

The car pulls out of the driveway and up the paved road. I look back to see that Parker still has not come out of the house.

"So," Carter draws out the word. "Do I want to know how you managed to get keys to a car?"

"No," I snap.

"Well someone's upset," Carter mutters.

"Just drive okay? I want to get away."

.......

An hour later, once we drive through town Carter drives the car onto a tucked away dirt road and stops the car. I have no idea where we are and neither does Carter but I guess it doesn't matter.

Even though I've been stuck in a confined space with my ex-boyfriend for the past hour, I've actually been relaxed, more so then I've been in days. I've blocked everyone out, including Ash and Parker. They never tried reaching me but I didn't want to wait until they did.

I kept my head pressed against the cool glass of the window until my headache ceased, my eyes stayed on the green scenery until I forgot what I was angry about.

"Why are we stopping?" I turn to Carter once the truck rolls to a stop on the dirt.

"We need to talk," he says seriously.

His green eyes bore into mine, I'm reminded of when we used to date. The first time he ever said 'I love you' and right before I gave him my virginity, he looked at me the same way he is now.

I make a noise, half between a groan and a sigh. "Look Carter, I've had a really, really long day I don't need to add-"

My words are cut off by Carters lips.

On mine.

Carter's lips are on mine.

Carter is kissing me!

In one powerful push I shove him away.

"What the hell was that?" I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, hoping to get rid of the sick feeling it left.

"A kiss?"

I look to find Carter looking at me strangely. I punch his shoulder, hard but not as hard as I thought it could be, but enough to lose a bruise.

"Ow that hurt," he whines and grabs his shoulder.

"Good," I snap. "Why the hell did you kiss me?"

He swallows deeply and once again looks into my eyes. "I still love you Shay," he confesses with a somber look.

"That's such bullshit Carter," I yell making him frown. "I don't even know what end that came out of."

"Shay," he sighs and reaches for my hand. I yank it away before he can grab it. "I do love you, I never stopped."

I raise an eyebrow. "Oh really? So you still loved me when you were screwing my best friend? Or when you took my virginity for own damn entertainment?"

Carter shakes his head profusely. "You don't know the whole story Shay."

"There's a story now?" I cross my arms over my chest. "Oh do entertain me with this excuse of yours."

"I didn't know until yesterday what really happened." Carter runs his hands through his hair to rest at the back of his neck. It's always something he does when he's nervous or frustrated. Keeping his eyes on the dirt road in front of us he says, "After we slept together and you were kept in your house by your Dad I went to Jane to see why you weren't speaking to me. I didn't know your Dad grounded you."

Carter looks to me with pleading eyes, begging me to listen to what he has to say and believe it.

"She told me that you weren't speaking to me because you were going to break up with me."

So far the story sounds believable. Jane would go behind me back and lie, she's done it before.

"So," he draws out. "I wanted to be the one to break up with you. You broke my heart, I wanted to break yours too."

I punch him again on the arm. "You're such an ass Carter."

He grabs my wrist before I can hit him a third time. "I know, I know I am Shay. And I am so sorry. But I love you, I'm still in love with you."

Before his lips can land on mine again I push him away.

"Well I don't love you anymore," I confess.

Hurt crosses his face. "What?"

Awkwardly I push my hair behind my ear and look away from his eyes. Coming clean I say, "I have a boyfriend now Carter."

Silence echoes through the car, so much it's deafening.

"Who the hell is it," Carter sneers. His hands clench the steering wheel in a tight grip, until his knuckles turn white.

I gulp down my nervousness and answer truthfully. "Parker, the head of the camp."

Carter breathes deeply through his nose before swinging his head towards me. "He's just screwing with you Shay! He doesn't love you! I can guarantee that you are just his play toy until the camp ends!"

"Because of course you know what those are!" I yell back. "We haven't even slept together Carter, that's not what he's after!"

"What makes you think you two have a future? What makes you think he's better than I am?"

"Because I love him," I yell without thinking.

I gasp once I realize what words just came out of my mouth. I've shocked myself by the realization. I do love him, not that it wasn't going to happen at some point but I know it now. I think I've always loved him, maybe it's a mate thing. But that realization is not what causes the car to fall silent. It's that I just hurt Carter, really badly.

"Carter, that's not what I-," I try to apologize but he won't hear any of it.

He holds up his hand, silencing me. "Don't," he sneers.

The car rumbles to life and Carter backs up the over large truck until we hit paved road. I hold onto the handle the entire time, afraid we might back up into a tree caused from Carter's anger.

Carter speeds down the two land road. What should be I'm guessing a fifty mile per hour zone, Carter is going eighty.

"Slow down," I tell him nervously. My claws are digging into the leather of the door handle.

"Shut up Shay," he barks.

With a frustrated sigh I turn back to the window. There's no one else on this road, none that we've seen for miles so it's not too dangerous I suppose. If I say anything more I know Carter will only get more mad so I decide to keep my mouth shut, and my eyes once my head ache comes back.

The car speeds down the two land road, I can see the yellow lines of the divider flying past in the passenger side mirror. Everything outside, through my view of the window is a blur of green. The sky above is a murky gray, giant gray clouds fill the horizon. My eyes take all of this in quickly before drawing to sound of a car horn after we make a sharp turn.

My head snaps forward to the paved road ahead of us where another car is coming, and fast. It happens in a second, less than a second.

The two cars collide, making the most awful sound imaginable. Glass from our windows shield flies forward, glass from their window shield flies towards us. My blonde hair takes up my peripheral vision as it flings forward from the impact. The seatbelt snaps against me, keeping me in place but taking away my breath.

Something beside me flies through the front window, following the parade of glass. A body. Carters body. His big build sails into the other car, landing on the other driver. I hear a sickening crack.

Soon it's all over, silence falls over the world. Gravity takes over, glass lands on whatever surface is under it, my hair falls back down past my shoulders, so does my flailing arms.

My head throbs in pain, my vision is blurred but I can still make out big details. In front of me is Carters bloody limp body, lying on top of another limp body in the other car. His legs hang through the frame of the broken window. Glass glitters on top of the two crushed hoods.

I swallow and taste blood, I breathe and smell blood. I look down and see blood. Lots of it.

Red liquid covers my tan thighs on the seat but that's all I can see. That's all that's there.

Where my legs were resting in the crevice of the car no longer exist. Where they used to be is the crumpled up hood of the car, including all the mechanics that were under the hood.

Faintly I can see the blue of my shoe through the blood but I can't feel it. I can't feel anything below my thighs.

With one last shallow breath, the darkness takes over and my vision becomes black.

Oh. My. Channing Tatum.
What just happened? I don't even know lol

Shays wolf=red=awesome

Please don't forget to vote/comment then updates with be coming quicker!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336 22 18
After her sister died she was forced to grow up. To prepare for a title she never wanted and fulfill the expectations of her pack. As much as Samanth...
61.1K 1.6K 41
(Not edited ) Every heartless sole wants her for power revenge or simply love.Kate is a young white werewolf a powerful one she is the Alphas daughte...
899 81 26
In today's world, women are everything and in this book it's no different. Told from two sides, meet Clio Thalatte, Queen Luna of the Werewolf world...
275K 8.7K 64
⭐Highest rank: #194 in Werewolf on 20/06/2020 ⭐#1 in projectwerwolves ⭐Featured in the @Werewolf profile under Werewolf Romance [Completed on: 13 Jul...