Soaked

By kobealcala

Arielle Tesfaye is now on her way to Amphitrite State University. 2 months after the events of Wet, Arielle a... More

WET RECAP
1. Another Impending Storm
2. Return of The TigerSharks Pt. 1
3. Return of The TigerSharks Pt. 2
4. Plunging into Another Beginning
5. Depths of Deception
6. Gut her like a Fish
7. Tides of Unforgotten Memories
8. A Flash Flood of Problems Pt. 1
9. A Flash Flood of Problems Pt. 2
10. Maelstrom in a Form of Malice
11. Uncovering Secrets From the Deep
12. Drowning her Once and for All
13. Swimming into Murky Waters
14. When the Tsunami Hits
15. The Truth Finally Emerges
16. Cry me a River
17. A Fishy Family Reunion
18. Return of the Stingrays Pt. 1
19. Return of The Stingrays Pt. 2
20. When a Shark Bites Back
21. Bathing in a Pool of Hope
22. Diving the Unfathomable
23. Visiting the Kraken
24. Message in a Bottle Pt. 1
25. Message in a Bottle Pt. 2
26. Thunderstorm of Events
27. Circled by Sharks
28. Into the Coral Reef
29. Waves of Incoming Problems
31. The Fire Corals Pt. 1
32. The Fire Corals Pt. 2
33. Diving into a New World
34. Fishing for a New Love Interest?
35. H 2 Hoe
36. Going with the Flow
37. Water Under the Bridge Pt. 1
38. Water Under the Bridge Pt. 2
39. A Downpour of Depression
40. Floating on Dangerous Thoughts
41. Submerged into Confusion
42. Confusion into Submerged
43. Drinking from the Devil's Chalice Pt. 1
44. Drinking from the Devil's Chalice Pt. 2
45. Another Night to Remember
46. The Aqueduct to Being an Adult
47. Fountain of Tears
48. When Hurricanes Collide
49. Surviving an Armada Pt. 1
50. Surviving an Armada Pt. 2
51. Waves of Nostalgia
52. Whirlpool of Reality
53. A Large Ripple for a Small Ocean
BONUS: The Conversation
BONUS 2: The Road Trip

30. Caught in a Fishing Net

36.1K 1.8K 1K
By kobealcala

Savannah awkwardly looked at me as if I had three heads. "Girl, this is dumb as hell."

I crinkled my face as I looked at myself in the vanity. "I know right! This is so dumb! How am I gonna swim with just boy trunks?" My voice audibly nervous and scared. "I don't know Savannah."

She coughed as she flipped her gorgeous curls back. "I ain't worried about the makeup cus I can make that water proof, but how in the hell are you gonna act like a dude, talk like a dude, shit, even fit in with a bunch of other dudes?" She let out a sigh as I continued to frantically tap the desk with my nails.

"I don't kn-" Trevor's voice quickly appeared behind us.

"Coach Alice called." He sighed, glancing at me from the mirror. "She said you don't have to have to dress as a guy anymore, she thought that wasn't needed and she smacked Coach Alex on the head for it." He laughed, sitting down on the bed.

I let out the loudest scream of joy, words can't describe how slightly relieved I felt.

Thank god.

"Yes!" I screamed out of my seat. "Imagine how ugly I would've looked!" I laughed towards Trevor. "But, doesn't that mean I'm still gonna have to be the mole?" My voice dying down.

Trevor slowly nodded his head at me as I felt like I was gonna die. "This honestly sucks. This is literally the third time I'm gonna be switched to an all boys team." I spoke. "I don't even know what to make of it anymore."

Trevor all of a sudden raised his index finger up in the air as if he was about to protest. "Has it been bad? I mean if you never came to The TigerSharks, we would've never been friends and you would've never met your brother. And if you never switched to The Stingrays, you would've never met the love of your life. To me, it sounds more of a blessing than a curse." He explained a great point, making my eyes look down in thought.

Savannah coughed. "Girl he right. I mean how bad can it be?"

My lack of talking, caused a long silence to break out. They're right. Plus, it's not like I'm gonna be with that team for the whole year. Anything can happen, and right now, all I can do is hope for the best.

It felt weird to see Mason standing in front of me. Even though I forgave him, still inside my head, I felt angry for some reason. Even if I was mad, he still could've talk to me about it in person.

It took him 3 years to man up and talk to me instead of texting me? Tragic.

"You wanted to talk to me about something?" I broke the awkward silence, just wanting to hear what he had to say already.

He quickly looked around my room, his light brown eyes then landing at mine. "When I came to the locker room, I just wanted to see how you were doing. That's why I left cus I figured it wasn't that important." He then broke eye contact as if he was intimidated by me. "I sound stupid, I'm sorry."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "You're not stupid. It's actually nice you thought about me." I nodded my head.

"I mean, it's kinda hard not to think about someone you've known since birth." He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at my room decoration.

I sighed as I looked at him. "You know, it's weird." I let out a quiet laugh, catching his attention. "Other than my brothers, you're the only guy that has ever entered my room."

He smirked at me as his cheeks subtly flushed. "We did everything here." He chuckled.

I looked down as my mind went through quick memories. "Yup." I pointed my finger at a mark on my wall, across my bed. "Remember when we were painting each other and I spilled your paint because you did a bad job?" He immediately laughed as he glanced at the wall.

He spoke. "Look I was just following how your face looked." He teased making me flip him off with a smile.

"Fuck you." I let out, making him laugh out loud.

"So." He coughed. "You're gonna meet the Third Team tomorrow." I let out a loud whine, plunging my head back against my pillow.

"It sucks. I wanna jump off a cliff." I looked up at the ceiling as he remained quiet. "Wait, what's the team's name?" I quickly got up off my bed to know the answer.

"Guess." Mason bit his lip at me as he rested his head against his knuckles, his body comfortably sitting down on my bean bag chair.

I closed my eyes to think. "I don't know. Give me a clue." I shrugged.

"It's supposedly a deadly sea thing in real life. And when you touch it, it'll hurt you like hell." He explained, still making my head pull out a blank.

"There's like a billion of deadly sea things." I smiled. "I would google it, but I'm too lazy. And I kinda want it to be a surprise so it's whatever."

He threw me a devilish smile. "Then I'll do it." He was clearly teasing me as he pulled out of his phone. He's the type of friend that always spoil everything for me and I hated it.

"No!" I cried, his mouth widening as he smiled. "Don't tell me, I want it to be a surprise now!" He ignored me, which made me quickly get up. "Mason no!" He laughed loudly.

I prepared to grab his phone out of his hand but he rapidly got up to dodge me. "The team's name is..." He looked down at his phone as I cried.

I ran towards him as I laughed. "Mason stop! I wanna find out myself!" His body quickly turned back towards my bed as I ran to him.

"The team's name is.." His voice was interrupted with me tackling him down the bed, which I clearly did not mean to do.

"Fuck." He softly exclaimed in pain as he blinked his eyes a few times. I widened my eyes at him as I prepared to apologize.

"Shit, I'm so so sorry!" I laughed, looking down at Mason, his mouth continuing to hiss in pain. "I told you not to tell me." I continued.

"Fuck Arielle." Mason groaned as he threw his head back, visibly overwhelmed of what just happened.

Just before I could've got up off his body, my door let out a creaky opening noise, making both of our heads turn towards the door.

No no no no no no.

The feeling of complete shock immediately took over my body, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one feeling this.

My breath all of a sudden was cut off as I felt like I was gonna die.

Xavier's eyes were visibly flinching at us as my body got up off of Mason's.

"Xavier wait you don't understand." I watched his fists clench before us as his eyes became red.

I quickly got up to run towards him but was interrupted with him shutting the door on me. "Xavier wait!" I yelled out loud as my heart felt like it was gonna stop beating.

Mason hurriedly appeared behind me to open the door, then all of a sudden making me sprint out my room for Xavier.

Tears started to stream down my face as I felt like I was gonna die, my feet has never sprinted so fast before.

He doesn't understand, he won't believe me, why did this have to happen? I didn't mean to go on top of Mason at all!

I feel so terrible right now, I just wanna be able to explain everything to Xavier. I'm not a cheater at all! I swear on my life!

Shit Shit Shit.

I ran out of the open front door, my breath growing faster with every step I took. I hear Alec's voice appear behind me. "Is everything okay?"

His voice disappeared as I continued to run out, hoping Xavier was still there.

It was already too late..

My body quickly stood frozen as I watched him already drive away. "XAVIER!" I screamed out for his name so loud as I heard my voice echo.

I ran to the middle of the empty road, not caring if I alarmed any of my neighbors.

Come back...please..

The amount of tears that was coming out of my eyes immediately blurred out my vision, Mason's voice quickly appearing beside me.

"Hey, hey, hey." His arms wrapped around me as I fell down to the ground, I wanted to die. "We're gonna talk it out, it's no ones fault. It's gonna be okay." His voice whispered beside me.

It wasn't okay.

It wasn't going to be okay.

I fucked up.

I fucked everything up.

God why can't I ever be happy?

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE!
PHEW THIS CHAPTER WAS INTENSEEE.

Any guesses what the third team's name is? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511 2 30
A boy has moved to a new school changing his life and meeting someone amazing who is his comfort And best friend (girlfriend). Discovering a differen...
5M 192K 43
Arielle Tesfaye's senior year immediately turns upside down the second she finds out about her switch to another swim team. Although the problem with...
300 14 18
CHARACTER AESTHETICS FOR YOU LOVELY PEOPLE !!
315 70 13
Walking into school to find pages from your diary posted all over the walls seems like it could only happen in a nightmare. Except one day, this beco...