The Roaming Archer (NaNoWrimo...

By tg7angel

There was a kingdom, A kingdom full of life. But that was before. Fatenturia, a kingdom once filled with ho... More

Copyright Page
When I Was Born...
Nothing To Lose Anymore...
Growing Up
Friends and Fresh Air
Alone In The Woods
Bleeding Hands
We Need Leaders
Caught Red Handed
The Roamers
The Lion's Mouth
Far For The First Time
Attack In Admire
Book Pages
Next Thing
A Lone Prince
New Duty
Dancing Candle
Pete's Late Journal
Plans
A Tragic Dream
The Meeting Room
Gut's To Ask
Not Yet Home
Prince Abason
Night Dreamire
Search Out!
Watched
The Race Began
Cupid Arrows
Mistery Eyes
The Picture
A New Begin Training
The Meeting With Abason
What You Get
The Impossible
Possible
The Letters
Behind The Oak Door
The Job
Wrong Message
Questions
A Long Night
A Day
Not Adding Up
Unraveling
The Very Thing
Cross Roads
Recover
Back
Author Note: The Next Book

Rush Tired

2.3K 133 20
By tg7angel

I was glad to have opened that drawer. Everything seemed to be better now, and from reading the letter I slowly began to trust Abason more and more. He scurried to look through the other letters to see if they were for him and sure enough they were. All of them were directed to him. I was glad that Abason got to connect with his father in some way without him being there.

I yawned. He was about to read the rest as I saw from his enthusiasm, but he stopped and looked over to me. "We can find more time to do that later." He grinned widely. "Let's continue reading again tomorrow. You look tired and I think I am too." He smiled towards me again with the same smile that gave me the warmest feeling.

"Yea, it is getting late." I smiled back, "but are you sure you wanna do this tomorrow?" I didn't want to be a hinderance to his pursuit for truth to know his father.

"No, it's fine. I'm happy you're here Angel. The rest of the stuff in the drawer can wait." He grinned some more. "Come on. You need rest. I think we had enough of an adventure today."

"Thanks." I smiled.

I didn't want to mention that I had to be at training extremely early the next day I didn't want to worry him so I ended with the word.

As he led me out the room and the drawer was shut back to its original hiding spot, he yawned also signaling an exhausting but satisfying day.

"Thanks for inviting me Prince Abason." I bowed. "Tomorrow again." I said professionally. He just kept smiling. As I was about to head ut the door, he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Angel, do you..." He glanced outside the door, "it's dark out. Are you sure you want to go home now?" His face turned to a sincere concerned face of a friend.

I knew well what he was gonna say next, but I replied with a question anyway. "Well, where will I stay?" I grinned.

"You can stay here. We have plenty of rooms that no one occupies, but things." He glanced down then right.

"Sure." I accepted, "That's a great idea."

After agreeing, he told his maids to help me to bed. He chose an empty room right next to his for me to occupy out of all the rooms that filled the humongous castle. I supposed that he truly was one of those people who owned many things, but moved about in a home that was more lonely than lively. Although he had servants and maids, it all was still lonely in his heart as how he now mentioned it to me.

He wished for a family. He always felt like the rooms were more empty than filled even if furniture and paintings decorated them. It broke my heart that he felt that way. Alone. I had times in my life when I felt truly alone even in the midst of a crowd, but to have no family saddened my heart. I felt bad I couldn't tell him I felt the same because I, myself, have a family and he didn't.

We said our good nights and the maids got me dressed for sleep. Sleeping in my hunting clothes were fine with me, but to the maids, they acted as if it were a hazard. So instead I gave in to their request of loaning me one of the castles many wardrobes to pick a garment for the night. I chose what seemed to be the least best that was in the wardrobe, but the maids told me it wasn't even sleepwear. I laughed, but they were determined to give me a wonderful rest.

"How about this one, my lady?" She held out a sleep garment made with the softest cotton I ever felt.

"No, no..it's alright! Really!" I laughed once more. "It is normal for me to go to sleep in my hunting clothes in the forest!"

"But my lady..Prince's orders." Her head hung low. "If I do not obey, I will.."

"Hush, Sabrina. The lady knows what will happen if the Prince is not obeyed. Right? Angel the Huntress of Alleyal." Another maid, probably a chief maid, called out.

"Actually, I have no idea of what is to be done if one does not obey the prince's commands." I saw the ladies faces turn in disbelief. I continued to hide my identity, making them sure that I was from their kingdom and replied, "I am his personal huntress! Why has he not told me what would be done to a disobedient servant?"

"Maybe, because you are not a servant, my lady. But a huntress..." Sabrina quietly spoken as she folded back the cotton garment.

"Well! You must tell me! What will he do to you if I were not to wear a wonderful sleeping garment?" I added.

"Her head will be cut off, my lady." The chief maid said in a surprisingly not disturbed manner, "The Advisors orders." She dusted the top of a dresser.

"What!?" I blasted.

"Yes, my lady, it is true." Her head hung low.

"Then I will wear a comfortable garment then! To save your head!" I stomped away from the stepping stool I stood on.

Sabrina smiled in relief, and the smile urged me to do more than that. "Actually, I am going to straighten this out! I will mention this to Abason!"

"Please, my lady.." Her hand reached out, "it is quite alright. It is better for me that you do not say.."

"No." I turned and looked back at her, "It may be okay with you, but it is not okay with me." I grabbed the cotton garment and blazed towards Abason's room.

I made my way to his room, but his door was closed. I knocked twice, but heard nothing. "Abason!" I yelled in an angry tone.

No reply. I knocked the door three more times.

"Abason! Open the door now!" I placed my hand on the door nob and turned it. It was open. "Abason!" I bolted into the room.

"What is it?" I heard a reply from another room in the room, which was most likely a restroom.

"Come out of there and talk to me, sir!" I knocked on the door of his bathroom. "Or I will open this door with my leg! I know real well how to kick!"

I heard a boisterous laughter that emanated out of the door. "Don't open the door, you would not want to do that."

"Well, make it quickly then! I do not have all day!" I pounded on the door.

"Alright, alright. One second..let me just.. There." He opened the door.

I backed up. "Finall..Abason! A towel, really!?"

"What!? It's not my fault I usually place my clothes in my room to change and not in the bathroom." He pointed at his sleep wear that laid on top of his bed's pillow. "You stormed in here without waiting!"

I pressed the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index. At the same time I looked away and apologized. "Sorry. It was not right that I did so. Now go get your clothes and go change before you talk to me." I covered my face and turned around.

"Ahem." He cleared his throat.

"What now...?"

"You're still in my room. You expect me to change while you're in here?" He smirked.

Ugghhh. "Change in your restroom your highness!"

"Okay, okay!" He placed his hands in the air as if he were about to be cuffed.

"Put your hand back down! I don't want to accidentally see something." I squirmed and took a pillow from his chair inside the room to cover my face.

"Okay, I'm going!"

I heard the door shut and sighed with relief. I turned around.

"Seriously?"

He laughed because of the joke he played on me by shutting the door, but not going into the restroom.

"Sorry!" He chuckled goofily. "I just had to see your face." He went into the restroom and shut the door behind him.

I gotta admit, it was a little funny, but I would pluck me eyes out if he does something stupid. Well, my eyes are precious so I think I'd just kill him instead. I joked around in my head. I giggled.

He opened the door and came out with his sleeping clothes and a robe. "I know you thought I was amazing."

"What!?" My mouth opened agape.

"I heard you giggle." He smirked.

I placed my arms crossed in front of me and decided to not say anything more. Gosh, can he be arrogant..

"I came here to tell you something." Trying to change the subject.

"Okay.." He cycloned his hands around each other signaling me to get to the point.

"Do I have to wear this? A cotton gown, really? For sleep? But that's not the point, why do you have a rule for the servants that if they disobey they get their heads chopped off?"

"Sounds about right.." His smirk still playing on his face.

"But for something such as a garment?"

"What? I didn't make that rule, my Advisors did."

"Well, you need to make it your responsibility. You should have seen their faces! Their scared to do something as small as letting me wear my hunting clothes! Why is that so? Abason! I'm being serious!"

"Sorry. I just can't stop smiling! You look funny when you're angry."

"Ugh." I grumbled in frustration.

"Alright. You don't have to wear anything in the wardrobe if you want and I'll try making the rules more fair, but I can't promise I can. The Advisors are the ones really in control of Alleyal. Not me. Also Greanger's king is in charge of everything else."

"But..you're old enough to be king.."

"It's complicated", he scratched his head. Right when he did the action, I remembered I had to be back by tomorrow. I'll only have a couple hours of sleep.

"Hey, thanks again Abason. Good night. I'm sorry to barge in like that...but before you continue, continue tomorrow. I really need some sleep." I smiled.

"Good night, Angel."

I left the room and entered back into the room next to his. I chose to wear the cotton garment anyway just for the maid, and I also assured her she wouldn't get in trouble even if I didn't. I mentioned I have spoken to the prince and told them of what happened. They chortled and giggled at my story. They talked to me as if I were one of their friends and I enjoyed their company. Before it was about time, I had to hit the sheets, Sabrina tapped my back.

"The Angel Huntress?" She questioned.

Is that like a nickname? Wow, I already have a nickname.. "Yes." I listened.

"Come back again." She smiled, "the Prince has gotten much more nicer and kind ever since you came."

"Sure, Sabrina. I plan on coming back." I beamed. "Thank you."

"No, thank you. Good night, my lady." She curtsied and left.

The Prince has gotten much more nicer and kind ever since you came. The words echoed in my mind. He got nicer and kinder? Was he less as kind before when I wasn't here? I wanted to figure the puzzling Prince out some more.

He probably just changed ever since he found out more about his father, I thought.
~~~~~
The bed made me sink to just the right amount of plush. The cotton garment was actually remarkably comfortable and warm. As I sunk in a little more into the king sized bed, it began to wall around me in white safety. A long and wide thick blanket covered me like a layer of warm whipped cream topping. The bed smelled like fresh flowers picked up off the ground. My head rested on a pillow as soft as cotton candy, but instead of sticky, it was nice and clean. The bed was in the color of white and decorated with cream colored pillows and blankets. The aura of the room was an open concept. However, no spot seemed left out. The room flowed in such an organized way, and poles that stuck up from the posts of the bed stood tall. The posts were made of polished English wood into a dark brown and little swirls of gold were carved on it. The top of the poles held up a thin sheet of white. A sheet much like a mosquito net, but more smooth like a trailing veil of a bride. It covered the sides of the bed like a cube, but transparent in such a way I could see what was outside, but not that clearly.

I sighed in utter satisfaction of the bed as it encased me in such a high comfort. My eyes shut instantly and I stretched in such freedom. The rest took over so quickly after such a long day that nothing else mattered at the moment. Relief and muscles released their tenseness and my arms and legs lay limply like a sock. Nothingness went about me.
~~~~~
I woke up in the morning and light already penetrated out the window. I gently stretched and moved about in the bed twisting the blankets that was above me. I made a squirming sound and punched the sky with my stretching fists. The birds sang beautifully outside gently alarming me while the cool air brought a small chill to my exposed arms. Goosebumps revealed themselves showing that I was used to the warmth of the massive and perfectly cushioned bed.

I rubbed my eyes and opened my eyes many times making myself get used to the brilliant illuminating light from the outside.

Light. Outside!

I jumped up and jerked quickly getting off the bed. Soon I quickly bathed myself. I was late.

I slipped on into my hunting clothes and scurried out the door. I knocked on Abason's room to quickly say good bye. The door was wide open so I quickly took a peek, and the bed was already neat and tidy. He wasn't here.

Princely duties, I thought. But I have duties of my own right now.. Good bye, will have to be see ya later.

I grabbed my bow and arrows, said goodbye to every passing by servant or maid, and exited through the castle gates. I ran as fast as I could, my legs seemingly memorized the path back, and no obstacle seemed to be different.

Tripping seemed not to be an option at the moment. I knew for a cold hard fact I was gonna be late, but at least I tried getting there faster. I could have just given up and paced myself to get there, but I didn't. I wanted to get there, and I needed to.

Although tripping was not an option, it happened anyway. I was rushing and I quickly slipped and fell, hitting my knee on a rock. I got up as quickly, but as carefully as I could, I assessed what injury occurred. A little bruise and cut. Heck, it was just a little blood. I began limping though because the pain seemed to surge into the nerves stinging every time my pants touched it. I ripped a hole in the spot instead and when I made it to the waterfalls I washed it swiftly but thoroughly.

Afterwards, I blocked the feeling of pain with my mind and pretended it never happened. I began to run again, but some help from a first aid kit would have been nice. By myself, I managed to maneuver some areas, and a couple times I needed to slow down and sit.

Why did I not rethink the part where I would be traveling on foot for a long distance after waking up at the castle? I tried not to regret it though, I did learn some wonderful things about my new friend.

A surge of energy came back after a little while after the fall, and now, I was back on track.

I then began to hear people grunting and the clashing of swords peeked my ears. I'm near. Swooshes of arrows, battle yells, and sounds of destruction of wood reached me. As I got closer, I saw the men training and my friends already entirely engulfed in their training.

I was truly late. I neared the sparring men, and the stench of sweat filled my nose. I swiftly made my way through, trying to go unnoticed, but I have failed. Anlace was sparring with Adez and another man, but her attention caught me. Being as one of the only girls around, she saw me clearly and knew I wasn't there this morning. She waved her hand towards her, a signal for me to come, and I did. With head hung low and my eyes to my feet, I confronted the master for my training of the day.

"Angel." She said my name in a stern and disapproving manner."Where have you been?" She threw a dagger up, twirled it, caught it, and then sheathed it to her belt. She didn't have daggers anymore in her hands, but I was frightened of the daggers she had with her eyes.

"Umm.." I hesitated to think because the truth was not truly optional. "Out.." I paused and she gave me a look of disbelief, "in the woods." I continued.

"Right.. Well, you girl are punished." She replied and tossed me a couple daggers.

I caught them and looked at them, "punished with what?" I asked.

"You'll see." She looked away from me and made a huge whistling sound with her fingers towards the direction of all the men who were training. All attention went to Anlace and everybody stopped in silence.

"Everyone can rest! Except for Angel." She hollered."Everyone gather around for a demonstration training."

Great.. I thought. I'm being watched by everyone, and everyone will probably just wait for me to make the wrong move..

All the men gathered around even my friends and the Fate Few. Eyes tore at me bringing me in entire nervousness. I was surrounded with Anlace in a ring of people.

"Well, be demonstrating close combat!" Anlace yelled for all to hear. "This girl was late, and she needs to learn to never ever be late for training."

Everyone guffawed in laughter as they knew who I was. "Angel, are you in trouble again?" "Did you get lost in the woods again?" The people played. We were all close villagers, but for me to be late was entirely unusual because I was known for obedience. I was practically a really good girl. I guess another part of me started to grow.

"Enough!" Anlace yelled. "This is no fun and games. Let us begin." She immediately flung her daggers out from her sheath and slashed diagonally. I fell backward out of surprise and my knee was still in limping condition.

Crap..

I was very vulnerable at the moment for falling backwards, but I couldn't just stay there. I had to move. I flung my legs around hers and lifted myself up which brought her down. We both rolled over and now I was the one on top. I stabbed towards the front of her face, but before I could, she blocked and countered hitting me in the stomach with the back of the knife.

I lost quickly.

"Again." Anlace said after defeating me.

We both got up and within a fraction of a second she was at me again. She swung across and backwards kicked above my head. I ducked and did a sweeping kick underneath her. But as if she had read my mind she jumped as quickly as I swept under her. She flung her blades crossing one after another quickly forming imaginary x's and I backed away as she did. I was nearing the edge of the ring and I felt my feet touch a persons crossed legs. I wobbled, but then began to block her swings and now both of us were pushing each other, blade against blade aggressively.

We were at it for a couple seconds, then I decided to swing our blades around making her twirl over and I also. In a fluent motion I turned and slashed across as if it were a dance. She caught my blades in time before it could get any closer than three inches from her torso. She pushed against my daggers with a great force, I tripped slightly backwards again, but remained my stand. However, her blade has already made it to my stomach with its tip.

"Again." She said.

We were at it the whole rest of the day. Everyone watched and rested as I trained the rest of the day. If I knew any better, they only had training for five hours while I trained for ten. Anlace kept making me do it over and over again until I could get it right. The people gone and went for their breaks and food, but then came back to learn from what Anlace and me were doing.

Mistake after mistake, she kept pushing me through. I was tired once again, but gladly my rest did do me good. After hours and hours of combat, I finally got it. We fought for nearly an hour for one close combat. I kept myself in through longer than the rest of the trials. However, I still did not win. I got her, but when I thought I had victory it wasn't over. We kept going and going. I was losing, I was winning. Losing, winning, and then losing. But in my mind I told myself, I haven't lost yet. I still can do it.

The sky's hues began to fade to darker shades and a hint of red still lingered near the unseen setting sun. Sweat poured on my face and my back felt damp. Anlace seemed to be able to go forever, but I, on the other hand, was already beyond exhausted. No breaks, I just kept going. She kept me going, that in fact, I couldn't even think of anything else, but what we were doing.

She soon called it a day after seeing my weary moves. I didn't win a battle, but I finally got better and endured longer against Anlace.

"Good job, Angel. You're improving. However, you still haven't defeated me with your daggers." She turned to the sitting men. "All is dismissed! And no one will be late next time. Is that correct!?"

"Yes ma'am!" Everyone yelled in unison.

"Angel." She glared at me.

"Yes ma'am." I looked at my feet and slightly slumped.

"Look at me Angel."

"Yes, ma'am." I said with my eyes now facing her.

"Angel," she held my chin with her hand, "I don't want you to get hurt. I need you to be here so when the time comes, you know what to do. Don't think that I tried hurting you at all. I'm here to help you and keep you safe. Nothing else."

"Yes ma'am." My eyes right in front of her green sharp dagger like eyes.

"Good. I don't want you going to war and get hurt. I'd rather have you hurt here than have you hurt there in the field." She patted my back a way of her to show support.

I felt like I failed though. Like I failed tremendously, but I kept telling myself at least you tried and at least it wasn't in real war. I told myself that at least I was still alive.

I then decided to step my game higher for tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 2.3K 49
The Age of Arthur is over, for fifteen years the lands of Britannia have been subjected to wars, raids, and those who have survived are forced to end...
579 6 14
You'd been born with the abilities to summon and control multiple servants in a great holy grail war just like this one...but what after? Were you tr...
1.8K 171 25
Terror again affects Jobyna as she opens her betrothal gifts... Chaos erupts in the Frencolian throne room. Do inter-kingdom matters have to be reso...
88 0 50
"I just wanted to tell you that I understand your sacrifice to be here." I lower my eyes for a moment, pushing myself to stand up. Closing the space...