The Roaming Archer (NaNoWrimo...

By tg7angel

There was a kingdom, A kingdom full of life. But that was before. Fatenturia, a kingdom once filled with ho... More

Copyright Page
When I Was Born...
Nothing To Lose Anymore...
Growing Up
Friends and Fresh Air
Alone In The Woods
Bleeding Hands
We Need Leaders
Caught Red Handed
The Roamers
The Lion's Mouth
Far For The First Time
Attack In Admire
Book Pages
Next Thing
A Lone Prince
New Duty
Dancing Candle
Pete's Late Journal
Plans
A Tragic Dream
The Meeting Room
Gut's To Ask
Not Yet Home
Prince Abason
Night Dreamire
Search Out!
Watched
The Race Began
Cupid Arrows
Mistery Eyes
The Picture
A New Begin Training
Rush Tired
What You Get
The Impossible
Possible
The Letters
Behind The Oak Door
The Job
Wrong Message
Questions
A Long Night
A Day
Not Adding Up
Unraveling
The Very Thing
Cross Roads
Recover
Back
Author Note: The Next Book

The Meeting With Abason

2.1K 158 12
By tg7angel

I entered in and followed the messenger. He led me through a deep corridor filled with paintings of scenery. I studied them as quickly as I could while I passed them for there was many that the castle had within it, but they were all different. I guessed they were from many different parts of the world.

I pondered and delighted in the paintings, but as I came across one, I saw a castle very familiar to the castle of Fatenturia in the picture I had with me. I gave it one last glance when I saw the messenger ahead of me about to turn a left. I scurried to meet up with the man as I took in the sight of the magnificent castle.

Stairs made of limestone and handrails made of marble turned to the left and right. A balcony lay in between into an arc smaller than a semicircle.

"Ma'am, he's waiting for you beneath the stairs." The messenger broke the silence.

"Thank you very much sir." I bowed.

"No need to bow ma'am. Go head down, and he'll be waiting for you." He bowed and then left.

I didn't get it.. I thought you had to bow to everyone in the castle, but instead their bowing at me..I guess I wasn't made for this type of stuff. I can't quite understand the etiquette around here.

I practically ran down the beautifully polished stairs with glee.

A secret is soon to be revealed! The drawer, the letters... "I'm here Abason!" After getting to the bottom, I turned around.

A table was set and food displayed the table that was made of English cherry wood. Tall candles waved their heads symmetrically placed in the middle of each half of the table, and a small runner went from one end to the other of the table. The runner was in the color of red, woven with fine string. A pattern that resembled much like a celtic knot was woven into it, and a bowl of apples was in the center. A plate lay on both ends of the table so did cups and utensils placed in a uniformed manner. Folded napkins finished the setting with their fan look and on one end of the table sat Abason. He wore a black suit and tie.

"Angel." A small smile appeared on his face. "Glad you could make it. Come take your seat."

"What's this Abason? I didn't know we were having dinner." I sat down on the other seat and gazed at the apples.

"Well, I just thought we could talk more. Like, get to know each other more." He gazed at my outfit and laughed."Is that new? Sometimes I keep forgetting you don't really wear dresses."

"Well, the last time you saw me I was in a dress. Yea, this is new. My mother made it for me." I smiled. "Hey, can I have an apple?"

"Go ahead. That's why their set on the table."

I reached for an apple and began munching. "Soo.." After taking a bite of my apple, I looked at the other shiny side of the apple thinking of where I should take my next bite. "Why are you in a suit? Why is everything so fancy?"

He tugged at his tie as if it had been choking him. I took another munch and the juice was just satisfying to my throat, a relief to the panting of air after the run towards here.

"Let's begin eating first, and then we can discuss." His smile still small.

"Way ahead of you buddy."I laughed. I took my fork and poked a cube sliced piece of meat. "It's cold." I replied. Then it hit me. "You were waiting for me, weren't you." I placed my fork down and gave my full attention to the Prince in front of me.

"Well..I,"

I interrupted. "I'm so sorry. I just, it's just so many things happened today. You see we started.."

"It's okay." He smiled. "Let's finish eating then let's talk about what I gave you yesterday."

We chatted after my pestering of apologies towards the poor prince. I felt guilty for making him wait for me leaving his princely duties on hold. He seemed to have forgiven me, but something told me in my heart that he was still slightly sad. I challenged myself to make my stay more enjoyable to him so I told him jokes and stories about me and my friends when I was little.

I was relieved when he laughed at my story. A story about how I went to the forest once with my trustee bow and arrow.

"It was my first time to go alone into the forest. It was all of us Roamers who went. We were all separated to different parts of the woods, but we knew where each other was in case of an emergency. I was excited, but frightened. I camped out for the night in the woods. My first night in the woods and all alone. I slept in a makeshift shelter and slept with a blanket and small pillow I was able to bring along with me. I had difficulty making a fire before the darkness came. I never got it to work. I hid into my makeshift shelter, all in the dark. Scared and cold, I snuggled with my blanket and covered my face. The sounds of the forest grew louder to my ears, when it seemed everyone else in the world was safe in their quiet homes. The whole night I couldn't sleep. I kept my bow and arrows close to me, making sure I would be able to reach it if something would harm me. Morning finally came and that's when I crashed. Because of the light, I felt no longer in danger, but safe. Falling into a deep sleep, my friends from the other parts of the woods all came to my makeshift tent and tried to wake me up. They got me to, and when I saw them they all had bloodshot red eyes. As you know they were all boys, and I was the girl. They all wondered how I managed to sleep through the night, and to this very day they still think I got sleep that night."

After the stories and long hours of talking and laughing, I began to fix the table.

"Angel." He laughed.

I grabbed the plates and blew the candles out. "Yea." I smiled. "Where's your sink?"

"In the kitchen." He laughed again, "but you can leave your plates. My servants can fix them." His head tilted back as he let his laughter loose. "You know, that boy you were with yesterday. I believe it's Roy right? Well, He's a lucky man."

I heard what he said, but it didn't quite register. I guess it was because of the many other things that ran through my mind I couldn't get it to decode in my brain. So many secrets seemed to be the focus at the moment and none else.

"Well, he's just a friend that likes me." I said nonchalantly as I handed the plates to the servant and gave her a nod of thanks.

"Oh. Okay." He responded.

"Come on, let's go somewhere else.." I hinted at him with a wink.

I saw a sparkle in his eye, as he followed me towards. I led him to his fathers room, but as soon as I led him there his mood lessened. He stopped in front of the door for awhile. Probably rethinking the same things he would think of before he entered the room. Things about his past he didn't know, and things he could not understand. His heart throbbed, maybe, at the thought of his missing past. Things that maybe haunted him. I pondered over the heart of his and wondered. What many things has lingered there? What has roamed around him as he thought of his past?

Then I thought of something similar. He reminded me of the princess in the stories. The princess of Fatenturia. She must have thought the same thoughts before. About her parents and the kingdom before. She must have thought the same things as the man that stood in front of the old oak doors of her fathers study room.

To break his thoughts of his past and continue him through what we might find, I interrupted offering a solution to his questions and also mine.

"Abason. I want to show you something."

His head turned slowly still halfway within his thoughts and to me. He walked still in wonder, but took heed to my call.

"So," I traced my hands on the dust that collected on the table, "you said you wanted to talk to me about something."

"Oh, of course. About what I gave you. It's Fatenturia."

"I figured that much already actually." I drew a bow and arrow in the dust that was on top of the table of the mysterious drawer.

"Well, I saw it fall on the floor during our conversation when we re-met each other. I was wondering if.." He paced.

"If what?" I asked. He might've saw me open the drawer I thought. He probably has.

"I was wondering where you found it."

I was ready to reveal the hidden drawer, but I hesitated. What if?

A question so many people think in their lives. A question that we really shouldn't let haunt us. But it haunted me at the moment. I didn't know if I should let him know as it will open some answers, maybe, about his past. Maybe I should reveal the answers to the longed questions, but the thought of a hurtful past may also be revealed.

My fingers touched the nob that opens the drawer. My finger tips swirled about it, and my two fingers, my index finger and middle finger, pulled it out slightly with both of them sandwiching the nob in between.

"Umm.." I stalled pretending to think. Which I was thinking..

A battle fought within me, one that clashed with me and my thoughts. I blinked and tugged it a bit more. The little tug was enough and it opened itself up. Seeing that it opened, my eyes began scanning the interior hoping of good news and nothing disappointing.

"Here's where I found it."
~~~~~
I hoped for the best of what occupied the hidden compartment. I prayed it comprised no ill news of his past. I also hoped that it was the right choice to reveal him of what I found, but as he went closer to me and the drawer I also hoped that neither of us would betray each other for what might lay inside. After all, we are supposedly to be against each other. His kingdom betrayed ours and he is a prince. To trust him is a big step for me or anyone else at New Begin. If the news inside would open peace, my heart will reach the highest mountains to get it for all of us, but if the news inside were grave news, my heart would break if this brought war or despair.

I wanted to trust Abason, and I'm trusting him now as I am roaming around his property, but I securely placed in my mind it could all probably be a trick of some sort. I have only met him when we were little, and I still knew so little of him. I haven't truly been with him much at all in my life. I took heed to my instincts that I should expect nothing and hope for everything. He may seem to be a wonderful and kind gentlemen, but I will keep my guard.

My eyes started to trace the drawer as his also did.

"You found it, here?" His expression was of disbelief for he had told me before that he looked through everything inside his fathers room many times. For me to find as such, shocked him much for I only occupied the room once to find it.

"Yes." I smiled half-heartedly waiting for him to reveal what lays in the drawer, but the wait has caused me to doubt.

He held his hand out about to reach in for the things that may have held the truth to his fathers past, but I interfered for assurance. "Abason."

He looked at me, his hand stopping in motion.

"Before you open or see anything.." I continued, "promise me something." I placed my hand on his wrist.

"What is it Angel?" Anticipation showed in his eyes.

"Whatever is in here, promise me," I focused my eyes on his, "promise me that whatever is in here won't let anything get in between us."

His eyes opened in wonder and some sort of joy then he nodded. "I accept."

I hoped it did not sound like I liked him in the same way Roy liked me for I meant it for our people and friendship we have sprouted between us. I tossed the thought aside as he began to take out a letter that sat on top of all the letters. It had a red seal of the kings emblem of Alleyal and Abason looked at me surprised as I was.

He read the outside of the envelope out loud for me to here as he read.

To my son: Abason

From your father: Compade
~~~~~
His eyes widened to a level that seemed impossible. I felt both our heart stop at the moment without even placing my hand to his heart. It seemed like his world was starting to be placed back together and I actually felt it moving. I saw his uncontrollable smile. His smile made me warm and happy that right then and there, I knew it was not a mistake to show him the drawer. The drawer that most likely held the secrets of his life.

I returned a smile although he didn't see. He was engrossed in the piece of paper that possibly held everything that would cure his sleepless nights. The thoughts of not knowing about his father lay in his hand. He looked at me as if asking for permission to open it, and I nodded with a small gentle grin.

He stared at the envelope for a moment, feeling inside him a connection that he has longed for. He held it sacredly and softly broke the seal. As if time slowed down, he opened the flap that separated him from the answers he needed. He carefully took out the neatly folded white paper that displayed no stain. Taking it out, his fingers soon found the slit in between the flaps and opened it to the masterly written calligraphy. He touched the words that was contained in the letter as if to feel his father.

It almost seemed as if tears were lingering in between his eyelids, but joy or sadness I could not tell. Maybe it was both. I was filling with impatience, but I held my peace. His eyes scanned the letter and his lips formed a crescent moon upwards. A tear fell out of his eye and I sat on the edge of the wooden seat next to him.

I didn't want to ruin his moment, but time seemed too slow that I felt like time was fleeing. I was sure it was already morning, and training occurs again earlier than today which is now yesterday.

"Abason."

"Oh. Uh.." He thought for a second if he should let me see, "do you want to read it too?"

I was very happy at his reply which gave me comfort in my heart that it was alright for him to show me about something he cared so deeply about. I saw it in his eyes, and I saw trust. It was genuine for sure. Everything he has done for me so far has proved it.

I leaned in and he sat next to me on the same wooden chair. I laughed that he would squish with me on the seat, so I stood up and let him have it. However, he refused. He openly admitted he liked it. We both giggled and soon he caught my eye, and he seemed more joyous as ever. It were as if a burden fell of his back and he was free. He looked at me with a smile I could not explain, and I looked back at him with overflowing delight.

He leaned in closer to me although it may seem he could not be any closer to me on this chair than it already has, but somehow he managed to do so. He closed his eyes and approached my face, but I interfered.

I cleared my throat.

"So, what does it say on the letter?!" I said.

He stopped and searched my eyes for a couple seconds. He studied me, but then soon replied. "Here." He held the letter closer to me and I read it.

It said in the best calligraphy writing I have ever seen:

Dear Son,

You were born today and a great joy fills my heart for you. However, if you ever read this, it also is a dreadful time in many kingdoms. Fatenturia, our ally kingdom is sadly losing against the fight to Greanger. We have come to their aid to help them. I wish you a great future ahead with no harsh pain or suffering, but it may not be so. I held your hand today, and you held my finger with your hand. I just want to tell you that I love you and that I'll always be there for you. If something were to happen to me, my child, stay strong and brave and know that I am up above in the skies my son. Make me proud to fight against evil and don't ever give in to them. Most of all, do not sadden me by joining their cause. Even if everything seems to pull you down and no one will join you, do what is right no matter what. Tough times may be ahead of you, but trust on the God who is up above. He will lead you. Stay by Fatenturia my son, for they believe in the good. I love you my son, and I pray you the best. Don't ever forget who you truly are.

Your Father,

King Compade Trustling

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 5.7K 170
When she dies of a serious illness, she still remembers her friends from a MMORPG that she had played years ago, and an NPC that has remained in her...
1.8K 171 25
Terror again affects Jobyna as she opens her betrothal gifts... Chaos erupts in the Frencolian throne room. Do inter-kingdom matters have to be reso...
216K 2.8K 22
The King's Journey continues on in Another World (Book) For you shall see only but a dream... a dream one would have wished were to have come true...
586 6 14
You'd been born with the abilities to summon and control multiple servants in a great holy grail war just like this one...but what after? Were you tr...