WereCoyote | Damon Salvatore...

By -stilesunicorn

[BOOK 1 IN THE LIA SERIES] Emilia Gilbert lost her parents and her life came crashing down. Elena, Emilia's t... More

Intro & Cast
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
b o o k t w o

t e n

13.6K 400 29
By -stilesunicorn

Emilia

Damon Salvatore is officially in my kill list; a list of the people I need to kill. That dimwit has done so many things that just want to make me strangle him to death. First, he kills Lexi because it's part of the plan. Second, he threatens Bonnie for the necklace which she doesn't want to give. Why can't he just understand that?

"This is weird. Emilia is silent for the first time ever."

"Hey, what does that supposed to mean?" I nearly yell moving to the edge of the middle seat. "And she's back." Elena sighs, staring outside the passenger seat window. "Anyways, he's bad news, guys, he really scared me." Bonnie says, driving down the highway.

"Wait, who are we talking about again?"

"Damon!" They both answer at the same time. "Hmm, I agree with Bonnie. But he doesn't scare me." I shrug, leaning back in the backseat and crossing my arms. "You need to stay as far away from Damon as possible. You too Emilia." Elena warns, looking at Bonnie and I.

"Too bad, I actually was planning on killing him."

The girls glare at me before Bonnie speaks, "I'm trying to stay away from him! He just keeps showing up." Elena sighs, "I don't want you to be alone. You're sleeping at my place tonight, we can make a whole night out of it."

"Can I sleep at your house tonight too?" I sarcastically ask Elena, earning a glare from her. Suddenly, Bonnie pulls over to the side of the road and gets out of the car. "Whoa! Where are you going?" Elena asks as we both step out of the car.

Bonnie rips off the necklace and throws it into a field. "Jesus, Bonnie you okay?" I ask, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Now I am. All my problems were because of that thing. I can't believe I didn't do that sooner." Bonnie sighs in relief, running her hand through her hair.

"What's your Grams gonna say?"

"Grams isn't the one being haunted by a hundred and fifty-year-old ghost, is she?"

"Okay, then."

♡ ♡ ♡

"I can't believe we're putting takeout in plates." I say, filling a big bowl with the takeout caesar salad. Caroline had come a while after we reached home and now it went from crazy to an awkward situation. Caroline and Bonnie are not talking to each other because of the fight they had about the necklace. Stupid necklace and it's owner.

"I'm sorry. There. I said it. If you want the ugly-ass necklace, keep it. It's yours." Caroline said after Elena gave her a look. "Will you hate me if I tell you I threw it away?" Bonnie asks, guiltily. "You threw it away?" Caroline asks, annoyed.

"I know it sounds crazy, but the necklace was giving me nightmares. I had to get rid of it."

"You could have just given it back to me."

"Why? So you could give it back to Damon?" Elena and I ask at the same time. Twin instincts. "Screw Damon. Are we doing manicures or what? Who has their kit?" Caroline asks, looking between us three. "Mine's in my bag." Bonnie answers, filling up a bowl with noodles takeout.

"So, Elena...how long do you think this fight with Stefan's gonna last? Is it...like a permanent thing?" Caroline asks, rifling through Bonnie's purse for the manicure kit. "I don't know, Caroline." Elena sighs. "Why are you such a little liar, Bonnie?" Caroline asks, suddenly angry.

"What?"

"Caroline!" Elena yells astonished as Caroline holds up the crystal. Bonnie, Elena, and I gape at her in shock as we stare at the necklace. "I'm not lying to you, Caroline. I swear." Bonnie says. "It's true. I bloody watched her throw it into a field!" I say, pursing my lips.

"Then explain it."

"Emily."

"Who's Emily?"

"The ghost."

"Oh, the ghost has a name now?" Caroline says, mockingly. "Caroline, please." Elena begs her to stop. "I wonder why she won't leave me alone." Bonnie asks, looking at Elena. "What is going on? Why am I not a part of this conversation? You guys do this to me all the time."

"That's not true, I'm the one who's not a part of their conversations." I correct, looking between Bonnie and Elena. "Yes it is. I can't talk to you. You don't listen." Bonnie says, looking at Caroline. "That's not true." Caroline says, defending herself.

"I'm a witch."

"And don't we all know it?"

"See? That's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to tell you something. You don't even hear it."

"I listen. When do I not listen? Right Emilia?" Caroline asks, looking at me. "Whoa! You are not going to put me in that position. I think that you and Bonnie should go in a room and sort this thing out."

"For the first time Mia is right. Go."

"Rude." I say, glaring at Elena. She rolls her eyes at me as Caroline and Bonnie go to the living room to talk. The best part is the kitchen is connected to the living room and we can hear every single word they say. I sit on a stool and take a fork, swirl it into the noddles, and eat it.

"Bonnie. Look, it's just not me. I don't believe in the...woo woo. But, if you do, then...okay. I'm in. That's all it takes for me to jump on board, because I consider you to be my best friend. And I'm saying this, knowing that Elena and Emilia are in the kitchen listening to my every word. Look, I didn't know how real this was for you, but I'm listening now. Okay?"

There is a short silence before we hear Caroline call, "Girls, you can come in now. We're done." I take the bowl of noodles and walk behind Elena to the living room. "There is just way too much drama in this room. So, what do you guys wanna do? I have an idea. Why don't we have a séance?"

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Actually, I've always wanted to have a séance. So, let's do it." I say with a mouthful of noodles. "Gross." The girls say in unison before we walk up the stairs and to Elena's room. "I'll go get the candles." Elena says before walking to her closet and getting out four sets of candles.

We light the candles and place them in the middle of the room. We turn off the lights and sit around the candles. "Emilia, put the noodles down and give me your hand." Caroline says causing me to sigh and put the bowl down and connect my hand with Caroline's and Elena's.

"What exactly are we doing?" I ask, looking at the three girls. "I don't know." Elena says, sighing. "Be quiet and concentrate. Close your eyes. Now take a deep breath. Bonnie, call to her." Caroline says as I close my eyes and take a deep breath; exactly like how Miss Forbes asked.

"Emily, you there?"

"Really? Emily, you there? That's all you got? Come on."

"Fine, geez. Emily, I call on you. I know you have a message. I'm here to listen." Bonnie says and suddenly the candles immediately flare stronger. "Did that just..." I say, my eyes widening. "Yeah, it just happened."

"It's just the air conditioning."

"Ask her to show you a sign. Ask her." Caroline says, looking at me. "Me?" I ask, surprised. "Yes, you." Caroline says. "Emily, if you're among us, show us another sign." I say after taking a deep breath. "See? It's not working." Bonnie says when nothing happens, but then the windows burst open.

"I can't, I'm done." Bonnie says, ripping off the necklace and throws it beside the candles causing them to blow out. "Get the light. Please, get the light!" Bonnie says, frightened. "Hold on. I got it." I say, jumping up and walking to the switch, turning on the lights.

"You guys, the necklace. It's gone."

I look beside the candles and sure enough the necklace is gone. "Well, I guess Emily decided to pay a visit." I say, licking my lips. "Okay, fun's over, Caroline. You made a point, and I get it. Now give it back." Elena says, looking at Caroline.

"What? Well, I didn't take it. What? What happened?"

"I don't know. Nothing." Elena says when we hear a click. "Jeremy, are you home?" Elena yells, walking into the hall to check. Bonnie walks inside the bathroom as Elena checks the halls. "Guys..." Bonnie says but gets cut off by the door slamming shut.

"You guys open the door! Help me!" Bonnie cries as Elena, Caroline, and I rush to the door. "Bonnie! Bonnie! What's going on, Bonnie?" Elena yells, pounding on the door. "Bonnie, open the damn door!" I yell, turning the knob and pushing on the door. "Bonnie!" Caroline yells as she slams her hands into the door.

"Try the other door. I'll check the hallway." Elena tells me as I run to my room and to the bathroom door, and Elena runs to Jeremy's bathroom door while Caroline stays at Elena's. "Bonnie! Bonnie, open the door!" I yell, pounding on the door.

Suddenly, I fall forward when the door opens and I almost fell on my face but I held on to the door. Caroline, Elena, and I stand in each bathroom door staring at Bonnie who has her head in her hands. "Bonnie, you okay?" I ask, walking slowly towards her.

"I'm fine." Bonnie says, her face blank like nothing happened. "Unbelievable. You were totally faking it." Caroline laughed humorlessly. "Caroline, seriously?" I scoff, narrowing my eyes at her. "No! You scared the hell out of me." Caroline yells, looking at Bonnie.

"Bonnie?"

"I'm fine. Everything's fine." Bonnie says before walking out the room and rushing down the stairs. "I can't believe I fell for it." Caroline scoffs, earning a death glare from me. "Bonnie, are you okay? You're scaring me." I say as she takes her bag from the living room.

"I must go." Bonnie says, face still blank. "Since when did you start saying I must go.?" I ask as she gathers her stuff. "She's leaving. I'm leaving." Caroline says, gathering her stuff too. "You guys can't leave." Elena says, looking at them pleadingly.

"I can. I've had enough freaky fake witch stuff for one night."

"Thank you for having me. I'll take it from here." Bonnie says, smiling politely. "Where are you going?" Elena asks as Bonnie walks to the front door. "Back to where it all began." Bonnie says, smiling smugly. My face scrunched up in confusion as she turned the knob. "Emily," I whisper, "Oh My God! Emily!"

"I won't let him have it. It must be destroyed." Bonnie/Emily says before walking out the door and slamming it shut. "Wait!" Elena and I yell as we walk to the door and turn the knob. But it's spelled by that bitch; also known as Emily.

"What's happening?" Caroline asks as Elena and I try to open the door. "I don't know. The door, it's not..." Elena says but gets cut off when the door open and Jeremy walks in. We scream and Jeremy's face scrunches up in confusion, "What the hell?"

"I'm outta here." Caroline says before walking out the house. "You idiot! I thought you were a burglar." I yell, slapping Jeremy's chest. "Ow! What the hell? I'm sorry." He says, looking at me weirdly before walking up the stairs. "Call Stefan. Now!" I tell Elena before walking to the kitchen.

Elena follows behind and calls Stefan. I put the takeout food back in it's boxes and put them in the fridge. "What's wrong?" Stefan answers from the other line. "It's Bonnie." Elena says, shaking. "What happened?" Stefan asks as I take a sip from a water bottle.

"Emily is possessing her. She said something."

"What did she say?"

"She said I won't let him have it. It must be destroyed and then she just left."

"Where do you think she went?"

"I don't know."

"She probably went to Fell's church, by the old cemetery. Remember Bonnie told us that where Emily took her in her dreams." I say after thinking about it. "Just stay there. I'm gonna go find her." Stefan says before hanging up.

"Come one let's go." I say grabbing a coat and walking to the front door. "Stefan said to stay here." Elena argued. "Yeah, and we're not listening to him." I say, pulling on my coat and converse before swinging open the door. "You coming?" I ask her, causing her to sigh and put on her coat and shoes.

♡ ♡ ♡

When we arrived at the church ruins, Stefan glared at me knowing that I was the one who suggested to come. I rolled my eyes at him as we walked to the broken church. Stefan helped out Damon off of the tree branch that was in his stomach.

"It hurts. This is why I feed on people."

"Actually you feed on people because, and I quote you, for fun." I say using quotation marks. Damon glares at me as Bonnie/Emily says, "Stefan."

"Hello, Emily."

"These people don't deserve this. They should never have to know such evil."

"What do you mean evil?"

"Emily. I swear to God, I'll make you regret this." Damon says, angrily. "Oh, hush you little pup!" I spat, glaring at Damon. "I won't let you unleash them into this world."

"Them? What part of the story did you leave out, Damon?" Stefan asks, looking at his brother. "What does it matter?" Damon asks. "Emily, tell me what you did." Stefan says, looking at Bonnie/Emily. "To save her, I had to save them."

"You saved everyone in the church?"

"With one, comes all."

"I don't care about them. I just want Katherine." Damon says, sneering. "I knew I shouldn't have believed a single word that comes out of your mouth. This isn't about love, is it? This is about revenge." Stefan says, looking at Damon.

"The two aren't mutually exclusive."

"Damon, you can't do this."

"Why not? They killed 27 people, and they called it a war battle. They deserve whatever they get."

"27 vampires, Damon. They were vampires. You can't just bring them back."

"This town deserves this."

"You're blaming innocent people for something that happened 145 years ago."

"There is nothing innocent about these people, and don't think for a second it won't happen again. They already know too much, and they'll burn your little grandwitch right next to us when they find out. Trust me."

"Things are different now." Bonnie/Emily says. "Don't do this." Damon says, looking pleadingly at her. "I can't free them. I won't," She says, "Incendia!" She chants, raising her hands in the air as flames create a wall between her and us.

"No! No please."

"Bonnie!"

"No!"

Bonnie/Emily throws the necklace into the air, and it explodes above us. Once the spell is complete and the crystal is destroyed, Emily departs from Bonnie's body. Bonnie body falls and then she reawakens, looking around in horror.

Suddenly, Damon speed walks there and he bites Bonnie and feeds on her. "No!" I yell running to Damon and pushing him off of her and to the ground. Stefan and Elena rush over as Stefan kneels in front of her and checks her pulse, "She's alive, but barely. I can save her." Stefan says before biting into his own wrist and he dribbles the blood unto Bonnie's mouth.

Bonnie's wound closes up and heals right before my eyes. "Her neck, it's healing." Elena says as Damon groans from under me. I had straddled him and kept a death grip on his neck. "Oh, I'm not done with you." I spat at him.

"Can we at least talk while standing up?"

"No!"

Bonnie wakes up as tears start rushing down her face. Elena helps Bonnie up and they walk to the car. Stefan glares at Damon before following the girls. "You almost killed my best friend!" I yell in Damon's face when Stefan was out of sight.

"But I didn't!"

"Y'know what Damon. I thought that maybe if I showed you that you can change into a better person, that it'd work. But then I realized that you're a monster, and as long as I know, you'll alway be."

------------------------------------

EDITED

It took me four days to write this Chapter and I'd appreciate it if you voted and shared your feedback in the comment section!

//-stilesunicorn//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 29.9K 111
Life has been relatively ordinary for Cassandra Gilbert, up until the car crash that killed her parents, and almost claimed her life. But being the...
6.5K 94 48
When Riley comes back to Mystic Falls to visit her dad, Ric, she gets involved in a world that she didn't even know existed. A world her father tried...
611K 11.1K 60
Cameron Ace Gilbert. The younger sister to elana, but older sister to Jeremy. The middle child. the forgotten child. Elena and pretty much everyone e...
91.3K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...