Flawed

Autorstwa simran27988

'Life can never be perfect.Perfection in itself is an illusion'. Perfect, such a simple word. People crave it... Więcej

Flawed
Chapter 2-"The wicked bitch and the manslag"
Chapter 3-"The wonders of High school"
Chapter 4-"Beauty and the Beast"
Chapter 5-"You got it bad! "
Chapter 6-"The Adventures Of Adrian Parker"
Chapter 7: "Memories"
Chapter 9-"Midnight (past) weirdness"
Chapter 10-" Breakfast at Parker's"
Chapter 11-"Take me to the Ice-cream shop"

Chapter 8-" Revelations and planning"

518 15 16
Autorstwa simran27988

Yes, I am uploading. Its not a trick, I really am :P I consider this progress since I usually take 15 days to write a new chapter. It's really heart wrenching to see that I have a steady decline in votes so excuse me if I am a bit upset. I really want people to appreciate what I do. This makes me feel like a worthless writer. 

Plus, my computer thought of acting like an ass and shut down on me when I was writing this and deleted about half of it. 

Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 8-

" Revelations and planning"

No, this may be the last time.

It was true. No matter how much, how desperately I wanted it to be anything but. Wanted it to be otherwise. Wanted to wake up from this dreadful nightmare and find out that none of this had ever happened. All this day had accomplished was, making my already complicated life more complicated then it ever was. More dramatic and vexing. Absolutely no good came of it. From even the most complicated angles I couldn't see one good thing. Although, bad one's were another story all together.

In an entire day I had, somehow, managed the following;

*Gotten my mother mad at me. (Frankly, that happens a whole lot of times. She's ticked off pretty easily.)

*Made my infamous temperamental side known. (aka Bruise, contrary to my nickname Aid. Closely related to First-Aid.)

*Messed up my life (the remaining few moments before mother finds out about my screw-up) by befriending Caleb, the somewhat sex-god.

*Found out that my best friend has a crush on my other best friend and then proceeding on to ruin our valuable friendship.

*Oh, and acting like Adrian's bitch. (Girlfriend or whatever they call them.)

Let's not forget me going deaf here, either.

I played with my phone.Flipping it between my middle finger and thumb, all the while wondering how one single person can have all these catastrophes happening to them in one day. One freakin' bitch of a day. Better yet, how did they, that is me, manage to stay alive? This day had been exhausting and it took me an hour long sleep to come back from my shock induced coma and retaliate against it.

Everyone, every damn person out there, just seemed against me.After my bloody life! They'd been pushing me all day long and when Amanda decided to join them I too made a decision to retort back. The horrible burning smell coming from the room made me glance around it and my eyes landed on the foot of the bed, across my position of one leg tucked beneath me and one knee up, I saw Adrian smoking up a storm. Or a cloud in this case.

I settled my phone on my knee cap and looked back at him, still smoking, still quiet. He hadn't spoken a word since Amanda left the house. I planned on changing that soon though, it was getting on my nerves.

'You're gonna end up killing yourself if you keep smoking all that stuff.' I said, matter-of-factly.

His emerald eyes found its way towards me and a smirk endowed his face before he returned to putting the thing in his mouth. He let the gray smoke out his nose, making me tense up as he relaxed.

'When I am like sixty. I won't worry about it that much, I don't wanna live that long either.' He said, in between his cigarette sessions.

OK, definitely not the answer I was expecting.

I looked at him, using my latest ability to really look at a person and not through them as usual, and found that the whole scenario had affected him more than what he let out. His eyes were glazed over, as if he was in an entirely different place then here, with me, in his room. His forehead crinkled, his lips pulled into a frown. If I was reading the signs right, it was a classic case of heartbreak. I could be wrong though, really wrong because most of them seemed like the after effects of  smoking.

He was so stressed out and it bothered me to see him like this. Couldn't he talk about it? did he have to be like this? spaced out and so foreign that it made me doubt if I'd ever known him in the first place. Stupid, stupid male ego.

'If you're lucky and your mom doesn't kill you first.' I said, still balancing the phone on my knee cap

'She won't. Loves me too much.' he answered, uninterested.

This is so unlike him. He's never like this unless he's upset. Sure, he had his moments, once a year or so but he has never acted like this. Can this day be more of a disaster? probably, half of it is left.

'Well, I might just do us all a favour and kill you. Put that thing out.'  I replied

I heard a sigh and snapped my head towards him, causing my phone to tumble off my knee and onto the bed. 'Shoot ' I said to myself, looking at it dejectedly.

'Look, I need it right now, It's my stress reliever. I'll put it out when I am done with it.' He said, staring at the death trap in his hand, trapped between his fingers.

Stress reliever 

The two simple words rolled of his tounge like any other. Except for the fact that they affected me like no other words from him had ever before. From anyone before. They echoed in my head over and over like a broken record desperately trying to find its rhythm again.It caused a throbbing in my heart that I couldn't comprehend.The stark defination of confusion.

I didn't know what to think. He'd been doing this a while, I can make that out by his expert skills of making ten rings per puff of toxic. He hadn't told me about it considering that he confided in me regardless of my behaviour. Unless it wasn't a big deal for him or he simply didn't want to. This, I believe, was a blend of the above two. A horrible concoction.

'So you're stressed about Amanda.' I said it in such a way that it sounded like a statement and not a question.I didn't need to ask him anything, I knew that it was exactly what was bothering him.

I waited for his answer, my arm draped around my leg while I fiddled with the lighter that sat on his bedside table.I couldn't say still, I was too fidgety after sleep. One of the reasons why I didn't sleep for long hours or in the afternoon. Not like I had free time to do so anyways.

He was sitting there, elbows on both knees, body slouched. Not wanting to disturb him, I waited till he wanted to answer me.

Puff in,

          smoke out.

Puff in,

          smoke out.

It continued on for a while. the cycle repeating itself until he spoke again.

'I can't handle it.' He said

Funny how easily he forgot that I was still here, right beside him, to help him. Isn't that why he asked me to stay? he's fooled if he thinks I'll leave him when he's going through a rough patch.

'You don't have to.' I said

I could feel his stare burning holes the size of Jupiter and I turned my head towards his direction only to find him leaning against the window, eyes on me. We kept staring at each other, not once blinking or doing anything else that could jeopardise us breaking it off. I wanted to know what he was thinking, wanted to help. If I knew how to.

'Thanks.' He muttered, flicking the cigarette out as he did so.

A silence passed over us again. Him smoking, staring out the window. Me playing with his lighter, opening and closing the lid.

It was an aluminium lighter and had swirls of black at the bottom. The metal looked worn out, rugged. Old with age, If I was right. I turned it to the side and saw the initials J.T Parker carved on the top with a beautiful curved font. I traced it with my thumb, feeling the depressions beneath it that formed the simple letters.

'Who's J.T?' I asked, still caressing the cool metal beneath my thumb.

'My grandfather. Jonathan Trevor Parker. He got it from his dad when he was my age.I found it in his house one day.' He answered, looking intently at it.

'And you took it or...' I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

He shook his head as a no and looked back at the view of the street from the window.

'I asked for it. He gave it to me when he moved two years ago.'

Two years? he's had this for a long time. It made me wanna ask him if that was when he started smoking but I knew better and left it alone. It must mean a lot to him, almost a family heirloom. As if the discovery had altered the meaning, I placed it right where it was before I took it. I didn't want to do something not so good to it as it lay in my hands today. I am suffering from a severe case of bad luck and I don't want that rubbing off on it.

'You know we have to talk about the fact that you basically called me your girlfriend, right?' I said when he'd brushed his teeth(I hate bad breath) and finally came to sit with me. 

He groaned like he realised it for the first time and slipped down to put his head on my shoulder. I chuckled a bit and petted his hair like he was a dog.

'There's nothing to talk about. She thinks that, let her. Act like we're a couple and it'd all be OK.' He muttered

A couple?

Is he off his rocker?

I slapped his head to which I received a kick  to my leg for.

I glared at his mop of hair, thinking. His girlfriend? I didn't know how I'd do that. For fuck's sake, I didn't even know how to act like one! I was always the friend. Just the friend. Nothing more, nothing less. My past relationships consisted of a kiss. That's not good. At all!

When I expressed my concern to the douchebag he laughed right into my shoulder, shaking violently.

'It's not a big deal, Aid. Be your normal self. Add holding hands and plans of meeting more regularly and BAM! you'd be the perfect girlfriend in no time.' He said once he'd stopped laughing at me.

I think I shouldn't help him. I am doubting it. He needs help from a doctor, not me. Bam? he's going insane. Maybe it's because of the smoking. Or lack of sleep.

Time flew by as we talked about non-sense, played a game of catch with my phone (ya, not my idea.) and teased each other.

We didn't realise that it was late until water hitting the glass of the window compelled us to look outside, expecting a clear sky but finding a furious one. It was poring outside,harshly. Cold wind and the growling sky all added to the chilly weather.

We were cuddled together on the bed to stop the cold from affecting us after the weather had taken a turn for the worst and a storm was brewing outside.

'I think I should get home.' I thought out loud

Adrian's muffled voice mumbled something but all of it went right off my head with 'Lalalala' accompanying it causing me to look like an idiot when I very intelligently said' whaaaaaat?' in a confused tone.

'Stay here tonight. School's off anyways and I think I'll freeze if you got up.' He repeated,clearly

I lay back down on the bed, shrugging as I did so reacting after I replayed his words in my mind.

'Wait, off from school? why?' I asked, surprised

He mumbled again and with great effort lifted himself off my shoulder to talk properly. Thank god, I was beginning to hate all that mumbling.

'Ya, some thing for crafty people.' He said, dismissively

'Crafty people? you mean the Art Workshop?' I asked, amused. This kid was funny even when he didn't wanna be.

'What is this? twenty questions? that's the thing. Now lay down I am sleepy.' He grumbled, irritated

I chuckled a little to which I earned myself a death glare that made me laugh more.

'Geez, Alright grumpy.' I said, smirking.

He grabbed my arm and made me lie down besides him and I couldn't stop laughing until he threatened me to shut up or he'll kick me out and right ontoo the street and headfirst into the storm. That being said, I took up silence and finally after a few minutes I settled comfortably into the bed, ready to sleep the day off.

Man, I so needed it.

______________________________________________________________________________

This is the longest effing chapter I have written for this story :O

Maybe even the longest of all!

anyway, hope u liked it.. yada yada yada

you guys know the drill, so I am off.

xD 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

57.7K 1.2K 26
Regret is one of the most worst emotion that you could even have. Thinking If you never did this or did that thing would of been different. That's w...
126K 5.3K 30
Aiden Black doesn't know the meaning of rejection. He doesn't care either; it's never stopped him from getting what he wants. While owning a strip c...
319 19 8
Stella Morgan is the typical quiet girl. She goes to class, gets straight A's, reads. That's been her thing ever since she was little. Her big brothe...
10M 211K 27
"Karma..." He muttered. I looked over at him as he smiled to himself. "Is a bitch. And so are you!" I joked. Aiden glanced up at me and glared before...