Mrs. Lockwood → damon salvato...

By phoebesching

What if Mason Lockwood was happily married to the love of his life? Until Katherine came along that is. With... More

I Do
Home
Baby Boy
Founder's Parade
Lies
Accidents..
Bad Memories..
Regrets Part I
Regrets Part II
Tragedy
Crazy Carnival [Part I]
Duke University
Bad Moon Rising

Crazy Carnival [Part II]

14.7K 340 18
By phoebesching

"When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions.."

-William Shakespeare

I stood away from the crowd as Tyler continued to win every match. There was a little feeling of suspicion inside me but I just brushed it off. It was probably just paranoia from all this supernatural stuff. I mean, he could just be strong or from constantly working out.

I clenched my teeth as my thoughts strayed to the older male Lockwood. Letting out a sharp breath, I brush away those thoughts and concentrate on the event at hand. I force a happy smile onto my face as I whoop in happiness.

"Yes! That's my nephew everybody!" I cheer as Tyler slams his opponents arm onto the table yet again. An older woman sends me a sneer as she pats her embarrassed son on the back, "What, jealous?"

Tyler let's out a groan as he sends me a look, "C'mon, Aunt Elsa. Really?" I turn away from the bitter lady who was probably in the middle of her menopause to raise an eyebrow at him. He glances away quickly and turns his attention to the kid who just sat across from him.

I hear familiar voices talking and I turn to see Stefan and Damon eyeing Tyler. I clear my throat and send a questioning glance when they look at me. Stefan shrugs whilst Damon, of course, smirks. I roll my eyes and flip him off before turning to see Tyler win another match. The boy is red and out of breath.

"You okay there bud? You're really out of breath.." My motherly instincts kick in but my concern quickly vanishes at his reply.

He smirks when he looks at me, "How about we get out of here and I'll have you out of breath in no time." My eyes grow as I stare at the young teenager in front of me. I think a little throw up even climbed up my esophagus.

"Hey! You better watch how you talk to my Aunt, she's pregnant you sick shit!" Tyler butts in about to pounce on the guy. But I shake my head at him before he could do something crazy.

"That hasn't stopped anyone before.."

My eyes turn to slits and my anger rises rapidly as I glare at the young boy in front of me.

"Listen here you perverted child. Didn't your mama ever teach you any respect? Don't talk to me that way before I smack the hell out of you. Now get out of here with your 3 inches because only thing that your getting tonight is your own hand!" I snap, fed up with this boys disgusting attitude.

Even before I finish my sentence people all around us are laughing and ohhing.

He glares for a moment. "You're gonna regret what you said bitch." With that he hightails it out of there before Tyler could get to him. I see Stefan and Damon fuming as well but I shake my head at them as a sign to let it go.

"I bet I could beat you."

Immediately my body tenses and my heart stops beating. I stood frozen as I stare at his back. My eyes turn to Tyler who stared back at me with wide eyes. Hearing his voice was like a punch to the stomach. It felt like the air was sucked out of my lungs and I couldn't breathe.

That familiar voice that used to whisper sweet nothings to me at night and sang to me after a nightmare. Now, it's become apart of my nightmares.

Tyler glances between the two of us with wide eyes, his mouth opening and closing. I could feel the confusion radiate off of his uncle who began to turn to see who Tyler was looking at, "Who are you looking at?"

However, being the chicken I am, I quickly spun around and pulled Damon into a hug to hide my face. I felt the vampire stiffen but quickly relax as he wrapped his arms around me too. We stood like that for a a minute until I felt Stefan tap my back, "He's not looking anymore."

Releasing a sigh of relief, I go to step out of the hug but he continues to hold on to me. I grimace before trying to escape his hold but his grip doesn't ease up.

"Damon, let go of me," I growl softly as I pinch his sides. I feel him flinch a bit but he doesn't let go, "Stefan, a little help please."

I send the younger Salvatore a pleading glance. However, as he goes to help me, Damon sneers at his brother threateningly, "Don't you dare touch her little brother."

Finally, I shove myself out of his grip angrily before fixing my clothes. I send him a look of disgust and anger while clenching my hands into fists.

"Stop acting like you own me! You have no right to do what you just did because news flash-- I am NOT yours!" Letting out a huff, I stomp away from him but to an area where I can see the arm wrestling match.

Despite my tries to ignore him, my eyes drift to the face of the man I once called my husband. Immediately, my breath catches and my eyes sting. It feels like so long since I last saw him.

My eyes trace over his face and immediately, I am got with so many  memories and emotions. However, the memories of his greatest betrayal stand out above the rest. Although the ache wasn't as strong as before, it was still there. The hurt of knowing that you spent so many years on someone who could so easily just walk away.

"Okay he's the champ. Who wants to go next?" Tyler calls out while standing up from the table irritably. I could see the expression on his face that he didn't really wanna be around his uncle.

A loud call from behind me, startled me and I try to hide my face when the two Lockwoods turn to look in this direction, "Stefan wants to go!"

I glance up discreetly and see Mason squinting at me. My eyes widen a little as I pretend not to notice.

"Sure, I'll give it a shot," Stefan agrees reluctantly as he makes his way to the empty seat across from the older Lockwood. Thankfully, that seems to take his attention away from me causing relief to flood my system.

"Go get em' Stef!" Damon calls out with fake enthusiasm and encouragement.

I roll my eyes at his immature behavior as I watch Stefan and Mason exchange words. Mason smirks and shakes his head before the match begins. They stare into each others eyes as they push. It seems so intense that I bite my lip nervously, hoping no conflict rises between the two 'species'.

My eyes widen in surprise as Mason slams Stefans hand to the table. I assume Stefan let him win but seeing the look on the younger Salvatores face, there must be more to that idea.

Stefan looks confused but also a little put out so I yell, "It's okay Steffy, you're still my number 1!" He looks at me and let's out a laugh as everyone else turns their attention to me including Mason. His eyes widen to the size of golf balls when he sees my face.

Finally gaining the confidence I seemed to have lost in the beginning, raise my eyebrows and send him a look of disgust, "What? Surprised, jackass?"

"Elsa," He whispers in shock as he stares at me with his mouth hanging open. Then I watch his eyes drift to my stomach and it looks like all the air was knocked out of his lungs. I feel an arm go over my shoulder and I glance up to see Damon staring angrily at Mason.

Mason's eyes catch the action and his expression changes to what I could only assume to be fury. Rolling my eyes at the two dumbasses who hurt me, I throw Damon's arm off of me and stalk away from them.

"Wait, Elsa!" Mason exclaims after me but I ignore him and push through the crowd to get away.

'I can't deal with all the stress, You just got out of the hospital.' I remind myself as a tear slips down my cheek. I place a hand on my stomach as I walk away.

"All I need is you baby," I whisper lovingly to the growing child inside me.

. . . .

All I ever wanted in life was to fall in love, have a family and follow my dreams. But all of that was gone when my parents died and my husband left me for another woman.

I walk through the carnival, completely lost in my thoughts. I barely even notice Damon and Caroline until I hear her crying and yelling. Glancing up, I see that I've walked away from the actual carnival.

"Okay? Just help me please! Please, please!"

When I see her face I gasp and gag at the sight. There is blood surrounding her mouth and as my eyes drift to the left I see the body of a young man.

My eyes turn back to the two when I hear Damon speak, "Okay, okay."

However, my eyes turn to slits when I see Damon holding a stake behind her, ready to pierce her heart from behind. I rush towards them and shove him away from her roughly, "Get the hell away from her!"

"Elsa!" Damon groans while giving me a look. I go to slap him but Stefan appears with Elena not too far behind. I stare at them all in fear and confusion as I try to digest what was happening. My eyes widen a little when Caroline cries out and pushes Elena away.

"Get away from me! You killed me!"

Elena quickly shakes her head at the accusation, "No, no, no, no! Caroline, that wasn't me! You know that. That was Katherine!"

I watch with tears in my eyes as Caroline sobs and shakes. The urge to comfort her comes over me but a hand on my shoulder stops me from doing so. I glance over to see Damon shaking his head and giving me a warning look. Scoffing, I slap his hand away and continue to watch.

"No! Then why did she look like you?! And why, why did she do this to me?" The fear, confusion, and pain etched on Caroline's face makes my heart ache. I fight the urge to pull her into my arms and give her a hug. It's not hard to put together that she's a vampire. And although I love her like my own sister, I didn't wanna risk it.

I catch sight of Damon going to rush her again but I quickly run in from of her. My heart races and my body trembles when I see the point of the stake a centimeter away from my chest, "Damon, knock it off! You don't touch her, understand?"

Hearing Caroline whimper behind me, I throw caution to the wind and reach to grab her hand. She gives me a small squeeze in return.

Damon stares me in the eyes for a few seconds before reluctantly stepping away, "Whatever happens, its on you."

I glare at him as Elena and Stefan begin leading Caroline into the school but Bonnie appears before they enter.

"Caroline?" Bonnie asks in confusion and disbelief. But as she catches sight of her bloody face she cringes, "No, you're not; you can't be." Touching Caroline her face contorts into grief as she quickly let's go. Turning
she catches sight of the body and she immediately turns away with a pale face.

I stare at the girls with sad eyes as one can't even look at the other while the other calls out for her best friend with hurt and confusion. I turn my attention back to Damon who holds a shovel casually in his hands.

"Come on, don't pout about it. I've got a body to bury." I glare at his tone of amusement. He looks at me and smirks, "I thought you were calling the shots, no? Sucks to be you buddy."

I glare at him again, "Damon! Have some respect!" He just scoffs in reply before suddenly groaning in pain. My eyes widen in horror when I see Bonnie glaring at him and water trickling towards him before it turns into flame.

"I told you what would happen if anyone else got hurt." She growled and I stare at her with wide eyes.

My heart pounds in my chest, "Bonnie! Stop, this wasn't his fault!" Without taking her eyes away from him she says that everything is his fault ignoring my cries and pleas. Knowing that if I don't stop her she would kill him, I jump over the fire and grasp her shoulders to shake her. "This isn't us Bonnie Bennet! This can't be us! We are not murderers. If you kill him then you are no better than him!"

She looks into my eyes and sees the fear and disappointment before bursting into tears. "I'm sorry Elsa." I squeeze her tight and rub her back softly as tears drip from my eyes as well. My heart was hurting for these young teenagers. They didn't deserve all of this hurt and stress.

"Its alright sweetheart," I whisper before pulling away, "I want you to go home ok? Just take some time for yourself and relax."

She sends me a hesitant smile before slowly walking away. I take a deep breath before turning back
to Damon. I carefully walk towards him and off her him a hand to help him up.

However, he gets up on his own before looking at me with sad eyes, "Elsa--" I hold a hand up while stifling the sobs that want to escape my lips. The hurt and the feeling of betrayal just kept building. It seems like I could trust no one.

"Stop. I am so sick of people trying to apologize to me when they aren't even really sorry. Haven't you hurt me enough? Haven't you hurt the people I love enough?!" With tears slipping from my eyes, I leave him standing there alone. But what I had failed to notice was a tear streaming down his cheek.

Sometimes you have to make a choice even if it hurts you. And I chose to just walk away.

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Hey everyone! So, I finally updated! Yayyyy!!! Anyway, what do you guys think? I hope you liked it!

Be prepared because the next few chapters are going to be one drama filled ride. Tears will be shared, laughter will fill the air, and we will learn what it means to forgive those who have hurt us. Stay tuned to Mrs. Lockwood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 6.6K 66
One seemed to know everything about love, while the other couldn't claim any experience with it. What was supposed to be a brief trip to Mystic Falls...
22.3K 676 14
In a parallel world, Elena realized sooner than she thought that she loved Damon and no one else. With Stefan long forgotten, will she fight for her...
3.7K 93 30
For as long as I can remember, I've felt lost in who I was. I was a 175-year-old vampire who was abandoned by the only person I could turn to, Kather...
359K 8.4K 57
•"Our whole lives we are driven to find our soulmate, but what if we got it all wrong? Even the greatest love story of all time. What if the greatest...