Ravenclaw's Shadow

Od xXMade2LoveXx

Aurelia Dunmore is in her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Other than being a bit of... Více

Teaser
Teaser #2
Teaser #3
Teaser #4
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 52

967 38 3
Od xXMade2LoveXx

"Hi Roger!"

"Hey,Aurelia."

"Hello Leisle!"

"How's it going, Aurelia?"

I walk through the hallways of the Ministry to my supervisor's office. I have a small desk in the corner there and even my own mail tray. It's not much, but for a first year intern, it could be worse.

I walk into the office and wait in front of Luciell's desk until she finishes scrawling out a memo. She looks up once it's gone on its way.

"Finished already?" she asks, surprised.

"Yep," I nod, "and I cleared out your mail tray and sorted it for you. Oh, and I went and saw Richard, he said that he'll drop in tomorrow to talk about the transporting of the Welsh Greens."

"You amaze me," she says, "you've picked everything up so quickly. Well, I guess you're done for the day, I'll see you tomorrow."

I grab my handbag and head down to the lifts. I meet Georgiana in the Atrium and we apparate to Diagon Alley together.

"This place gets emptier every time I'm here," she says as we walk through the Alley, "shall we have a drink in the Leaky Cauldron? The twins won't be finished yet."

"How's work been?" I ask her as we sip on butterbeers.

"It's so busy," Georgiana sighs, "who knew so many people did such stupid things? What about you?"

"It's good, I like it," I say.

"But?"

I laugh.

"But I'd rather be out in the field," I admit.

"I think you should do it," Georgiana says, "go and work with Charlie in Romania! You'd love it!"

"I dunno," I sigh, "I don't want to throw away this opportunity."

"What opportunity?" George asks, appearing with Fred.

"I was just telling Aurelia she should be working in the field, not in an office," Georgiana says.

"She's not wrong," George says. I shake my head.

"How did you go with your results?" I ask Georgiana, "mine came this morning."

"Mine too," she says, "I got four O's, three E's and an A."

"I bet Aurelia got all O's," Fred says. I shake my head.

"I got an E in Arithmancy Advanced," I say.

"Oh no! One E!" Fred pretends to faint, "your life is wasted!"

"I'm going to waste your life if you don't shut up," I laugh.

"Aurelia, why don't you go work in the field?" George says, "Charlie said they're still looking for people to join them, why don't you go?"

"I don't know," I say, "maybe I'll send him a letter..."

George smiles at me.

"I'll be checking with him to make sure you have," he says, "now, come on, you two. Fred and I are making you dinner."

Later that night I'm sitting in my bedroom looking out at the stars. I could go and work with the dragons in Romania, I've always wanted to. But it's so far from George and home. I sigh deeply and lean against the glass. It's been a few months since I finished school. If I was going back, I'd be there by now. Studying away. It was simpler in school.

"Aurelia," Mum steps into my room, "how was work?"

"Good, busy," I say, still looking at the stars.

"You seem tired."

"I am."

She crosses the room and brushes my hair back off my face.

"What're you worrying about?" she asks, sitting on the other end of the window seat.

"I don't know," I sigh, "work isn't what I thought it would be."

"Internships usually aren't," Mum says, "it'll get better."

I nod, but I don't really agree.

"You should get some sleep," Mum says, standing up and kissing me on the forehead.

After she's left the room I walk over to my desk and write. I seal the letter and go to find an owl. I watch the owl swoop away and cross my fingers for a moment.

"Please," I whisper, "please."

I wake up on Sunday morning and stretch. Fred and George don't work Sundays, so I usually get to spend the day with George, while Fred spends the day with Georgiana, however the last few weeks have been so busy we haven't had time to see each other. Usually it's a day of bumming around London, having a laugh and enjoying each other's company. Today, however, it will be different.

I got a letter back from Charlie Weasley three days after I wrote him giving me details of the man in charge of the sanctuary in Romania. I had to send him a copy of my NEWTs results as well as recommendations from Hagrid, Professor Flitwick and Luciell. After nearly two weeks I got a reply from him saying that they would be pleased to have me join their program. The program involves two years of study and experience with the option of staying on after and working.

So today I have to tell George. He's one of the last people I have to tell. I told my parents first, as I knew they'd take the longest to adjust to the news and, predictably, they did freak out that I was leaving my post at the Ministry. Angelina, Alicia and Georgiana, however, were very excited and supportive.

I crawl out of bed and dress slowly, still trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to say to George. I disapparate to the Leaky Cauldron and walk out into the Alley, nervousness building in my stomach. I meet Fred coming out of the shop as I reach it.

"How's it going?" he asks, holding the door open for me, "you look sick, are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine," I nod, breathlessly. Fred frowns, but says goodbye and heads off to meet Georgiana. I walk up the stairs and pause under the trapdoor leading up their flat. I take five deep, slow breaths, and pull the string, cause the ladder to unfold. I climb up into the small mudroom and knock on the door.

"Coming!"

I bite my lip, feeling sicker than ever. I hear footsteps rushing to the door and George flings it open.

"Babe," he pulls me into a hug, "I've missed you. Three weeks is too long!"

Great. That helps. Thanks.

I hug him tightly, then he leads me into the living room and we sit on the sofa.

"How've you been?" he asks, "you look pale. I mean, more pale than usual."

He laughs, but I look down at my knees.

"Aurelia, what's wrong?" he asks anxiously. I breathe in and look up at him.

"I have something to tell you," I say slowly, "I-I wrote to Charlie."

"That's great!" George says enthusiastically.

"He told me to write to his boss..."

"Uh huh."

"So I did..."

"And?"

"I got accepted into their program," I say. George grins and hugs me tightly.

"I'm so pleased for you," he says, "but you don't seem happy at all."

"George," I sigh, "it's a two year program. I'm going to have to live in Romania for two years."

George's face slowly falls.

"Oh," he says, "Oh, right."

He sits back, looking around, processing this information. Eventually he looks back at me.

"I'll miss you," he says softly. I feel myself tearing up.

"I don't know if I can do it," I say, "it's so far away... And for so long... What if we grow apart? What if we break up?"

"Ari," George puts and arm around my shoulders and squeezes me tight, "you can't put your life on hold because of that. We'll do our best to make it work. If it doesn't work, that'll suck, but maybe it will!"

"But you just said three weeks was too long!" I say, tears spilling over, "how often does Charlie visit you?"

"Once every... Four years?" George says, "but hey, when he was doing the program, it was a lot more often. He came home every Christmas and for a week in the summer."

"But what if-"

"Aurelia, you have to do this," he says, "you'll love it! And if you don't, you can come home and try something else. But, Aurelia, you did so many extra classes in school just because this was what you wanted to do. Don't give that up because of me."

"Okay," I whisper, "I'll try."

George kisses me on the lips.

"Good," he says, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

He smiles and holds me tightly.

"We can write love letters," he says, "and I'll come and visit."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

349K 17.9K 39
all she wished was a pinch of happiness... But Arnav was her crusader ..He married for revenge...for vengeance he destroyed her life,he forcefully m...
24.1K 822 28
Let's get one thing straight- Ava Wilder was picked up by the Avengers for two reasons: her magic skillset and her ability to burn NYC to the ground...
13K 289 11
Just a little Gaston story I threw together in honor of the new Beauty and the Beast...and Luke Evans
176K 4.9K 26
[FINISHED] John's niece is coming over, she has a special paranormal gift, she can read minds. That will make sure that there will be quite a competi...