Shadow Of My Past

By warishaahmed

#2nd on What's Hot List (16/5/17). Now this was a big shock. Thank you my beautiful readers....!!! Hoorain Ah... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 6

7.9K 698 105
By warishaahmed

It's only ten in the morning and I have already lost my temper twice. Why?? Work load and secondly today all the employees are day dreaming. Three more files to go and then you're done with files. I consoled myself!!

"Hii" Zain said barging in followed by Junaid, Ambreen, Muskaan.

"Hello...what brings you all here??" I asked.

"We just came here to ask that, do you need any help for today in the evening??" Ambreen asked.

"Evening?? What are you all talking about?" I asked shocked.

"You forgot??" Junaid said.

"What, I forgot??" I asked.

"You do remember that today's Tanisha's birthday???" Muskaan said raising her eyebrows.

"I do remember that, but what you all are talking about?" I asked confused.

"Dumbo..we all decided that we will have a surprise party for Tanisha?? Ring a bell??" Zain asked.

"Ohh..Crap!! I totally forgot" I said.

"Don't worry, anyone will forget, if they'll start getting this many colorful files on their desk!!" Ambreen said rolling her eyes.

"We have decided everything" Junaid said.

"Okaayyy...so please tell me" I said.

"This is not your lunch time. Back to work" his voice boomed through the speaker. Damn!! Why can't he switch off the speaker. Mr.Khan never use to switch on the speaker unless it was necessary. Damn him!! They all looked surprised for a second and then they all turned and left. Mr.Aatish I hate you!!

I again got busy in my work. And again I was interrupted by my cell!!

"Hello" I said.

"Hoori" Tashu shouted

"What?" I asked

"Will you come early today??" She asked.

"No Tashu, I have work" I lied!!

"Ohhh..."

"Why?" I asked biting my lip.

"Nothing..just like that" she sounded sad. If only you knew that what we are planning!!

"Okayy..so when you'll be coming back from college??" I asked

"Don't know. Zain wanted me to accompany him for his shopping" she said.

"Ohh..okayy then enjoy!!" I said.

"Yeah. Bye"

"Bye". After hanging up, I laughed so loudly...Oh My Allah!! She actually fell for that...

Soon I finished my work and was about to enter Lion's den!! I knocked and waited for him to reply. "Come in" he said after five minutes.

"Sir, here is your result" I said and handing him over the file.

"Okay" he said.

"Anything else?"

"No". I then turned and left. But I never missed to see that he has still not eaten his lunch. I might bring him his lunch. I thought and went inside the elevator.

"One veg burger with fries and coffee" I ordered for him.

"Anything else Mam?"

"No..thanks" I smiled.

The counter girl handed me the order and I quickly went up to hand over him his food. I knocked on his gate and waited for him to say. As he said come in I barged inside but froze. He was happily eating his food with an unknown lady.

There was no doubt that she was flirting with him and yes, he was happily letting her do so. But, I don't know why? I'm getting so frustrated!! Why? Because he's eating or because of that lady?? She was wearing a business suit and top three buttons were open, proudly exposing off!! I instantly felt disgusted.

"Are you going to stand there the whole time or would you say why you are here?" He asked in an irritated voice. And immediately I hid the plastic bag behind my back.

"I thought, I left my wallet here" I lied.

"I suppose you haven't" he said and leaned back in his chair, casually crossing his leg and keeping on top of the other. Looking so irresistible!! Wait what??

"Yeah, sorry to disturb you." I said and turned.

"Miss.Ahmed" he said and got up.

"Yes Sir" and he was right in front of me.

"Don't make this a habit"

"What Sir?"

"This" he said and picked up my hand that showed the plastic bag. I was shocked..and embarrassed.

"My mistake Sir, won't happen again" I softly said and left his room calming down myself!! I went into the cafeteria with the food of course.

"Why so late??" Ambreen asked.

"Work" I smiled.

"Okay so about the party"

"Yessssssss"

"Zain will be taking her for shopping. And we will decorate and will do all the necessary things!! And then when she will come we'll surprise her" Muskaan was now shouting.

"Awesome"

"Cool"

"Okayy, I'm in. But..." I said.

"What but???" Junaid groaned.

"Will he let us go early??" I said and everyone sighed.

"Talk to him" Junaid said.

"What?? Me?? Nooooo" I replied immediately.

"Yes..you will talk!!!" Everyone said. Traitorsssss!!!!!!!

After finishing all my work. I got up to talk to him. "Can I come in?" I asked.

"Yes"

"Sir, I've finished all my work. Can I leave??" I asked looking down.

"It's four thirty...and your shift ends at six." He said in a monotone.

"Yes Sir, I know. But I have some work...please?" I requested

He looked at me for a moment and then nodded.

"Thank you... Umm..can Zain, Junaid, Ambreen and Muskaan also leave early with me?? They also had finished their work for today. If you want you can cross check" I said all in one breath!!

"Miss.Ahmed, now this is not possible" he said.

"Please Sir, please...it's Tashu's birthday today...please..." I requested. He looked shocked.

"Umm...I meaann...It's Tanisha's birthday. She's my cousin. And it's a surprise" I said.

"So?? It's her birthday...not yours or theirs?" He said and shrugged. Oh God!! How can I make him say yes!!

"Sir please, it's Tashu. She's very important for all of us and especially for me...please" I said in a soft tone and I can feel my tears. I didn't even wished her today..and if this party fails, she'll be really upset!! I can't see her upset or Uncle and Aunty.

"Please Sir, in return I'll do overtime on behalf of all of us!!" I said and one tear slid down and I quickly wiped it off!! How unprofessional!!!

"Okayy..you all can go" he said.

"Really???" And he didn't replied.

"Thank you once again Sir." I said and left smiling like loon....!!!

______________________

We all reached our house and quickly started working. Uncle and Aunty were also helping us. Though we are not letting them do anything so they are just sitting and telling us everything.

We all divided the work among us. Muskaan was in charge of food. Ambreen and Junaid was in charge of the decorations. And I was in charge of the gifts and the setting.

"Muskaan have you got all the snacks ready??" I yelled while trying to shift the sofa.

"Yup everything is here except for the cake" she replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"It will come after one hour" she replied back.

"Okay". God!! The sofa was too heavy it wasn't moving an inch also. I called Junaid and told him to help me and without any difficulty he removed the sofa.

"Wao..you're so tuff!!" I said and he smiled.

We helped each other while Junaid was tired with the balloons. After completing everything we all went to freshen up. After we finished getting ready I called Zain and told him we are done with everything over here, he can come now. And he said he'll be there within fifteen minutes.

We all were sitting downstairs and were playing with the balloons when we heard the horn of the car and we all got alert and took our positions. Junaid near the gate. Aunty and Uncle near the center table. And the rest of us were ready to jump on her. We switched off the lights and we waited.

Door opened, the string that was attached in it got pulled which made snow spray sprayed and the balloon that we have attached right above the door got burst right on time with sparkles all over.

"Happpyyyy birttthhhdddaaaayyyyy" we all shouted together.

"Oh My God!! You all remembered" she said.

"Of course you dumbo" I replied and hugged her. In the meantime Junaid switched on the lights.

"I thought you all have forgotten" she replied in a sad tone.

"And what made you think that??" Ambreen and Muskaan said while they hugged her.

"This was all planned na?? Zain taking shopping, you all not wishing me and acting like you all don't remember" she asked.

"Yes, It was all planned" Uncle said coming forward.

"Daddyy.." She said and hugged him.

"Happy birthdayy habibti..." Aunty said and kissed her on the forehead.

"Thank you...thank you soo much" she said with tears in her eyes.

"Okay...enough with the melodrama now. Where's the cake??" Zain asked.

"I'll get it" I said and quickly ran to the kitchen. We finished we the cake part and was now serving everyone when the doorbell went off. I went to see whose there and was shocked.

"Sir"

"Miss.Ahmed"

"You left your wallet" he said and showed.

"But you said, I never left it." I said.

"Not at that time, when you came to ask permission at that time you dropped while leaving" he said and I nodded.

"Whose there Hoori?" Uncle asked as he came forward. He froze suddenly and there was something in his eyes which I couldn't make out.

"Uncle, my boss, Mr.Aariz Aatish" and "Sir,my Uncle, Tanisha's father". I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you Sir" Uncle said as he shook hands with him.

"Please...Aariz" he said.

"Okay Aariz, why don't you join us? Hoori invite him" Uncle said.

"Yes Sir, please come in" I replied. And he nodded and came in. He kept walking and was looking around as if he's searching something.

"Guys..." I called out. And everyone stopped eating. What shocked me the most was Junaid immediately standing up straight. Well, everyone looked confused at his behavior.

"What?? Respecting him...because he gave us permission to leave early" he muttered.

"You all enjoy we both have to go now. Some cafe work to attend" Uncle said.

"Okaay..Allah hafiz" we all said.

"So you all carry on...I'm coming within five minutes." I said and went up to my room, need to go to the washroom very badly. I opened the door and I froze. He was standing near the window of my room and was looking out.

"Sir, you need anything?" I asked and his back stiffened.

"No" he said and left. Weirdo!!!

I did what I have come to do and went down to see everyone was trying to clean the mess they had made. So I went to the kitchen to see if the food is all ready or we need anything else. We need Coke!!

"Junaid, Zain can you both go and get the Coke?? We don't have..." I said. Zain instantly nodded but Junaid was hesitating.

"Junaid If you don't wanna go, it's okay!! I only asked you so that Zain wouldn't have to go alone." I told him.

"No no it's okay, I'll go with him" he said and they both went out. I helped the girls in picking up the trash. Then called Uncle and Aunty and asked them when they are coming back. They said, they'll be here within ten minutes.

I picked up the trash and went out to throw them in the bin when again I heard some ruffling sound from our backyard. I walked toward the backyard with my heart beating very fast but couldn't see anyone. I turned and almost bumped into someone and shrieked.

"Miss.Ahmed it's me".

"S s...Sir"

"Yes"

"I'm sorry"

"You shouldn't be here Miss.Ahmed". And I frowned. "Go inside". He said and walked away.

Okay..I heard a sound and went to look who it was but instead I got bumped into him...Now what the hell is actually happening??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 51.5K 64
Warning: Cliche af! Wrote when I was bit too young! _______________ #8 Romanticsuspence . (13/3/19) "Fuck! You are so gay!" I blurted out angrily. H...
14.2K 2K 29
" Mujhe sab kuch jan na hai tum kya chhupa rahi ho mujhse?" He said I froze in my place. " Mu....mujhe kuch nahi pata. Aap kya bol rahe hain mujhe...
448K 35.3K 55
#1 What's hot list Aleena is extremely distraught by her father's tragic death. But what follows is a series of bone-chilling occurrence. She is watc...
544K 14K 42
I looked at his eyes and put up a strong face. His eyes bore into mine as much as mine into his. It was like he could read my mind and reach out to m...