S t o r m Cloud

By Sagittariusbixtch

DISCLAIMER!! _____________ This story is undergoing some editing and revamping. A few plots have been change... More

{ D I S C L A I M E R }
{ P R O L O G U E }
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y O n e
T w e n t y T w o
T w e n t y T h r e e
T w e n t y F o u r
T w e n t y F i v e
T w e n t y S i x
T w e n t y S e v e n
T w e n t y E i g h t
T w e n t y N i n e
T h i r t y
T h i r t y O n e
T h i r t y T w o
T h i r t y T h r e e
T h i r t y F o u r
T h i r t y F i v e
T h i r t y s i x
T h i r t y s e v e n
T h i r t y e i g h t
T h i r t y n i n e
F o r t y
F o r t y O n e
F o r t y T w o
F o r t y T h r e e
F o r t y F o u r
F o r t y F i v e
F o u r t y S i x
F o r t y s e v e n
F o r t y E i g h t
F o r t y N i n e
F i f t y
F i f t y O n e
F i f t y T w o
F i f t y T h r e e
F i f t y F o u r
F i f t y F i v e

T w e n t y

3.8K 118 34
By Sagittariusbixtch

  T  W  E  N  T  Y

:

The schools hall where bursting with chattering students, the tedious pattering of footsteps, slamming of lockers, all getting ready to leave for the weekend.

The mindless chatter of Jupiter invading my ears as I began to gather my things from my locker. My hands struggling to squeeze all my books into my bag.

But I couldn't help but wonder where Jake is. I hadn't seen him all day expect for when he dropped us both off. Kat has excused training for tonight as she had matters to attend to. Matters that she didn't feel she needed to share. Understandable.

" Hey Jupiter, have you seen Jake by any chance today?" I ask cutting her off from her rambling of a science project in chemistry that she seemed a little to interested in for my liking.

" Yeah he was with his friends and Sydney, how come?" She asked, eagerness in her eyes  as she   Pulled her binder closer to her chest.

" Sydney? As in Sydney Bishop, that stuck up politicians daughter?"

What on Earth would Jake be doing with her. Last time Jake ever mentioned Sydney was because he felt the need to inform me on how sickeningly dim she was. How she's too entitled for her own good.

Sydney Bishop, where do I even begin. Just another politicians daughters who thinks because of her social status, that her fathers position in the town, should make everyone grovel at her perfectly polished designer shoes.

" Yeah—." She drawled out " She is his girlfriend after all." She stared factually unaware of the shock she had just caused to erupt inside me.

"Girlfriend?" I blurted rather loudly causing people to glance in our direction curiously.

" Yeah. I thought everyone knew. I mean—He's your best friend, you're always together. I-I thought you already knew. I'm sorry I-I.""
"No it's fine." I muttered through the gaps of my teeth, my lips pulling into a fake smile. The one I've learnt the mask into my own everyday stare. " You don't need to apologise." I reassured her before turning to walk down the hallway, towards the exit.

My smile falling as my thoughts began to over run my head.
Why hadn't he told me? How hadn't I realised? We lived in the same home.

That's when I began to wonder. Did everybody know? Am I the only one left out of the loop.

Since when did we become so distant. Was training consuming me?

But then I saw him, more so his messy mob of hair down the hall. My heart racing as my small paces turned into elongated strides, my face hardening as I grew nearer. The countless figures moving out my way as I swam through the hoards towards his silhouette.

My chest heaving up and done as my feet skidded to a halt, the screech of my sneakers against the polished floors filled the air. My heart becoming caught in my throat at what I saw before me.

There he stood, timeless. A joyous expression crafted onto his face as his laughter graced the air and those around him. His laughter a contagious infection as his fellow friends laughed a long with him. The only difference was that leech that had attached herself to him.

A overwhelming feeling of distaste rose in my mouth, leaving a foul after taste on my tongue.

" Jake--Jake"

The laughter dwindling away as my presence was beginning to be acknowledged. My long strides stopping as I faced him, his dimples still on show. Amusement dancing in his deep beautiful eyes.

" Oh hey Scarlett" he says breathlessly still trying to compose himself from his laughter.

" Don't hey Scarlett me." I said distastefully trying to suppress the twitching feeling in my bones. The urge to scream and shout at him becoming harder and harder to bite back. " We need to talk--" My eyes falling from him to the leggy auburn haired girl who's fingers were curled around his forearm. " Now--Alone"

" I can't right no-"
" Jacob!" I said sternly, my features of my face hardening, my lips being pulled into a stern upper pout. Almost a scowl.

" I think you need to calm down sweetheart. I don't think--"
" Was I talking to you?" I sneered as the wretched leech beside him spoke. Stopping any attempt of speech to leave Jakes mouth.

" Excuse me" she asked taking offence to my statement. " Do you know who you're talking to?" she scoffed trying her very best to sound threatening or at least the slightest bit intimidating.

There was a time a few months ago where I would of wished for the ground to swallow me up whole if I was in a situation like this. Or I'd wish for Jake to help me out. But now I am capable of taking on my own battles, and winning them.

" You heard me." my voice bitter as I pull my glaring gaze from her. " Jake could we plea-"

" Scarlett what the hell." Jake shouts hurt flashing in his eyes as he stands between me and Sydney. " Shouldn't you be--Else where." He said wearily muttering under his breathe so that only I could hear the last part.

" You'd know the answer to that if you actually spoke to me today." I sneered folding my arms across my chest. " But that's besides the point, I came here to speak with you."

" Well you're speaking to me now, I don't see the problem that you feel necessary to cause." He shrugged a snarky tone in his voice, a strange atmosphere seemed to radiate from him. Almost careless, reckless even.

" I'm not creating a problem--Listen I'm not here to argue with you. I just wanted to speak privately." I said biting the inside of my cheek, unaware of my nails digging into the flesh of my palms.

" Then you can speak to me at home."

His voice bitter, his eyes avoiding vital eye contact, something he was forever doing with me. But his gaze lingered on the eyes on the leech now attached to his forearm once again.

The duo turning their backs on me, walking away steadily down the hall as I stood dumbstruck. Hurt invading my body as I tried to swallow back the tears forming in my eyes.

How could he of just done that. Speak to me as if I was but a small child. As if I was just his problem.

" Jake" I shouted bitterly biting my lip between my porcelain white teeth. Biting down so hard I thought blood was going to surface.

Jakes messy brown locks swishing as he turned his head, stopping in his tracks to face me.

" Fuck.You."

My middle finger raised in the air as his deep deer like ears narrowed, irritation clear on his face. I was starting to get under his skin. Good I thought to myself as a small smug smirk began to tug at the corners of my lips. The sweet satisfaction purring at the pit of my stomach.

But before he could respond the quiet little leech learnt the vocabulary to speak.

" Who do you think you are?" Sydney screeched stomping towards me, her hands falling from Jakes forearm, her curled auburn locks falling behind her shoulders brushing against her lower back.  

" Excuse me?"
" Are you deaf or just incredibly dim." Sydney sneered, her lips pursed as she narrowed her eyes trying her best to look the slightest bit intimidating. I've seen dead frogs in the schools science labs have more of a glare in their eyes than her. "Jake doesn't want to talk to you. Get it through your thick skull."

"Jake why don't you get your psychotic girlfriend out my face before I give her a new nose job." I said dryly as I moved my gaze from her to Jake. Ignoring her pitiful existence.

" why You little—."
"Does it look like I'm kidding?"

My voice stern as Jake began to step towards Sydney, attempting to pull her away. My warning going unnoticed by the likes of Sydney.

"No babe get off me. I'm not going to listen to someone so pathetic as her." She groaned breaking her arm free from Jakes firm hold. "I mean look at her. She's nothing." She sneered looking down at me.

" Sydney come on, let's just go—please." Jake uttered, his patience growing thin as he knew what was coming. He'd seen the likes of what a girl like Sydney Bishop could do.

"Why are you protecting her? Is it because you feel sorry for her? Sorry because her aunt committed suicide because even she couldn't stand to be around her—."

That's all it took before everything became numb. My senses numbing out as all I saw was red. My mind going into overdrive as I let the anger bubbling into menacing rage flood my veins. My ears ringing as Sydney let out a banshee like screech. My hand throbbing as I realise what I'd done.

I'd slapped Sydney Bishop.

Her eyes blazing with fury, a snarl growing on her lips baring her bleached white teeth. A high pitched screech leaving her lips as she lunges towards me. Panicking as my hand automatically thrust itself forward, my fingers wrapping themselves around her thin wrist twisting it roughly to the right, a sickening scream leaving her lips as her free hand thrust itself towards my hair. Missing my hair by a mere few inches as I jerked my head out the way, only leading for hand to collide with my face. Her catty acrylic nails scratching at my cheek.

"SYDNEY!" "SCARLETT" Jake shouted trying his hardest to pull us apart. His body being thrown in between us, his large hands dripping our hands apart as she clawed, scratched and shrieked at the air.

" How dare you—Wait until my father hears about this." She screams readjusting her hair as Jake attempts to pull her away.

My nerves on edge, a sickening sense of satisfaction began to rise inside me. Swallowing the lump in my throat as I try suppress a smile from forming on my face.

The sickening enjoyment being pushed to the back of my head as she screamed bloody murder into the crowds.

" You're going to regret ever laying a hand on me you sl*t" she screamed as she was forced down the hall by one of her friends and a fellow jock.

" Scarlett I think—."
"Save it" I spat wiping the tips of my fingers over my cheek, letting out a small hiss as my fingers prod at my tender cheek. " Don't expect me home tonight."

Turning my back on Jake and the surrounding crowd that I hadn't noticed had formed. Matching my way hastily down the hallway, fists clenched as the satisfaction began to bleed through my pores, igniting the flame of fear inside me. A small smirk etched on my face.

Not before my eyes caught sight of a familiar dark pair, belonging to none other than Damian Wayne. A stern emotionless mask present on his face as he stared at the muttering crowds of student.

Tearing my eyes away as I stepped out into the blazing light of the afternoon sun, hidden behind the glooming clouds of Gotham.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 660 38
(Y/N): "My name is not (Y/N) Napier....I am....CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" What if the Joker has a little brother like him...and between...
2.6K 30 11
Rowan Wayne never expected her life to turn out this way. Born to the Joker under the name "Ace", she was taken into the foster care system when she...
10.5K 279 67
A lonely young women's life changes the very night of Murray Franklin's murder, on live television and it is a change that her heart will never forg...
183K 5.5K 34
What happens when one of the last freakshows comes to your town? Not only is it a grotesque event viewed for pleasure at a circus but one that harbo...