Moments | Sal Vulcano

By CrystaLinda

Moments. Everyone has their brief periods of time, whether it's good or bad, happy or sad, funny or not. Many... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N

Chapter 11

341 13 5
By CrystaLinda

MONDAY / JULY / 2016

10:46 AM

I couldn't sleep last night. My only thoughts are on Patrick. The one who asked me to be his girlfriend. The one who took me to the park where there was nothing but the stars glittering in the sky, the crickets chirping in the background, along with the crashing waves. The one who gave me my first kiss. The most memorable kiss. The one who took me to the city and shared pizza together. The one who insisted that I should go out with my celebrity crush; Sal Vulcano.

Even though Patrick and I were dating for a short period of time, he wants what's best for me and he thinks, no, believes that I have a shot at him. At first, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to do this. Yes, I have a crush on him, but I never thought that I would consider in actually doing this. I had no idea that Patrick would go out with me, then...I don't know, dump me, just so I can go out with a man I had a crush on. Honestly, if this relationship between Sal and I works out, then my only concern would be my mom. I still haven't told her that Sal and Q are our new neighbours. Perhaps it isn't too late. I could make things right. I'll tell her today.

I groan, moaning about my head that hurts in such agony. I squint noticing a tall object standing on my desk. It's a bottle. Great, I've been drinking again. Why though? I'm sure there's a good explanation. It's probably stuff from last night. Thankfully I don't remember that much before I went to bed.

I sat myself up, put on my pink fluffy slippers and went downstairs to make myself breakfast. I find Dawn eating her cereal and from the looks of things, she grabbed two bowls. How sweet.

I sat down next to my sister, who seems to be giggling for some reason. I had to know why.

"Okay, I need your help with something; can you tell me what the hell did I do last night?" I groan, pouring in some Cheerios in my bowl, my other hand on my head.

"Let's see..." Dawn places her kunckle under her chin and starts to ponder about last night. "Well, you came home, had a few too many glasses of red wine, blathered about Chinese and Italian food not mixing together, threw up and passed out on your bed. Just the usual." Dawn answers, still giggling.

"Few too many?" I exclaim. "Geez, I guess it explains why my headaches were starting to get worse. And I'm surprised that I was actually able to get changed into my pajamas." I pour in my milk and start eating. "I should stop..." I mutter to myself.

"You should." Dawn agrees. "So anyways, how was your date with Patrick?" Dawn pops up the question, saying his name reminding me of his cute face. "Did you kiss?"

"The date was great. It went very well. And yes, we kissed." I answer, taking a short breath before I continue. "But, at the end, Patrick and I decided that it's best if we stay friends." I finish. Dawn glares at me. It was kind of creepy.

"What?" Dawn asks. "He just asked you out last night! What happened?"

"I guess we don't have that much in common than we thought we would." I lie. I watch Dawn eating her breakfast, and she's still giggling. So now I know that it isn't the date with Patrick. "Why are you giggling? Is it me? Did I do something stupid?" I ask nervously, hoping I didn't do something stupid last night. Something that Dawn isn't telling me.

She shook her head. "No, it's not you." Dawn says. "I saw something this morning." Dawn adds, continuing to eat her cereal.

"Perhaps you could tell me a little more than that." I scoot closer to her, curious to hear more about what she saw.

"It's Sal." Dawn whispers. Okay, whatever she saw, she really shouldn't be doing it. Why did she do it though?

"Dawn, you really shouldn't spy on them. It's wrong. You must respect their privacy. You could have seen things that you really shouldn't see." I would carry on, but Dawn wouldn't stop giggling. Okay, now I'm really curious. "Ok, I need to ask, but what did you see?" I ask.

Dawn didn't answer. Instead, she pulled a serious face and started doing poses, like flexing and pressing her arms against each other, squeezing her small clevage. I became seriously confused, but then the pieces soon fit together.

"No..." I sigh, looking down as I shake my head in disbelief, yet mentally I was trying to hide my grin. I really couldn't believe that he would do something like that. And I missed it. Damnit! "He didn't." I still shake my head, refusing to believe what she had just said.

"Oh, but he did." Dawn nods. "With no shirt..." Dawn winks.

Okay, I know I have a crush on Sal, but missing out on something like this, damn. I mean, it's not like I've ever seen him without a shirt. There was one episode where he has to do what the others tell him to do in a spa, and at that challenge, he wasn't wearing his shirt. I remember the part where they hid a phone under Sal and they had an app where it made fart noises. That was hilarious.

As I was saying, you seldom see Sal shirtless in television. I know he's very insecure and self-concious of his body and I completely respect that, but as a fangirl, it'd be cute to see that happen again. But to get back on track, this is something I need to see for myself. If I don't see it, then I don't believe it.

But why was Dawn looking at Sal anyways? I mean, she likes Q, right? Shouldn't she be looking at Q instead? What am I even saying? She shouldn't be even stalking anyone, not even a celebrity.

Dawn gives me a strange look, like she's trying to read my mind and hear my thoughts. Whatever she's doing, she seems to figure things out pretty quickly.

"Quit staring!" I bark.

"Oh my god! You do have a crush on Sal!" Dawn exclaims.

"I thought you know that already." I said.

"Is that why you dumped Patrick?" Dawn interrupts. I shook my head. I would never dump Patrick, he's so handsome. Who would ever want to dump him? Besides, he actually wants me to go out with Sal. I can't tell her that part. I don't know why, but it wouldn't feel right.

"No, I wouldn't dump Patrick. We both talked and we both agreed to stay friends. I guess we're not meant to be." I softly answer, taking a sip of orange juice.

"Oh..." Dawn sounded. "So now you have a shot at Sal."

"Dawn!" I exclaim.

"Come on." Dawn hums and sings to the song Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. "I know you want it." I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. She's right though, I do have a crush on him and yeah, I do want it.

"Shut up." I mutter, shaking my head as I hide my grin. "What time did you see him?" I ask.

"Oh now you want to know? What happened to you really shouldn't spy on them and you must respect their privacy crap?" Dawn says impersonating me (or mom), crossing her arms with a smile that still stayed on her face.

"If it were anyone else, then yes, respect their privacy. But this is Sal Vulcano we're talking about." I answer, thinking about what Sal had done. The thought of him half naked gave me a warm feeling. I feel strange. Like I'm...I wont say.

"Ooo! Stalker alert!" Dawn pokes me with the spoon.

I ask Dawn again about the time, but she wont tell me, so I guess it's up to me to get up as early as possible to catch a glimpse of Sal. That's if he does it again. Maybe I am trying to be a stalker. As long as no one else knows, and if I'm careful, then I'll be okay.

Honestly, I really don't want to do it though, in fact, I'm supposed to be asking Sal out, or flirt with him at least, not be a creep. But how can I resist the urge to take a peek through my window to see Sal shirtless? I can't wait for that moment to come.

All this thinking about Sal was tiring my brain out, so I went to the lounge, sat down on the couch and await anxiously for the phone call from my mom. I knew my mistake on not telling her the truth, but now, I already feel like I'm doing the right thing. I can just tell her that our new neighbours have moved in and that'll be that.

Finally, the phone begins to ring, and of course, it's mom. I answer it after the first ring. Now how am I going to say this. I wish I had more time.

"Hey mom! What's up?" I say rapidly.

"Hello Mel. Things are okay here. How are you?" mom asks.

"I'm doing good. Dawn's good too. She's umm...cleaning the dishes." I reply watching my sister grabbing the colorful plates and glasses to the kitchen. And I said that I'm going to be the adult in the house.

"It seems like Dawn is the adult of the house, not you." mom says, hiding a chuckle. "Aren't you supposed to be doing the chores?"

"What am I, a slave to her? She's not a princess. And besides, it's not like she can drive a car." I start to argue.

"A car? You can't even ride a bicycle." Damn. She knows how to win arguments like this. And knows how to finish fast.

"That's different mom." I reply with a slight dreary defeated tone. We both laughed. Well, I laughed at the brief argument we just had, not the bike. I do have a slight fear of them. To be more specific, I have a fear of falling off a bike, because I don't want to get hurt. I've seen all the kids in schools ride one. Yeah, embarrasing.

I decided to tell mom about the new neighbour. "Oh mom, the new neighbour moved in." I said, acting joyfully.

"That's wonderful. Tell me all about it." mom says giddly without patience.

"Okay...he is a guy." Good. "He's very attractive." Good. "His name's Andy." Bad.

Shit. Why did I say that? I swear I felt ready to tell her. I guess my subconscious beat me to it. Second thoughts about telling her. It's like a battle between my good and bad. The angel losing a battle by the demon.

"That's all?"

"I'd tell you more, but you'll have to see him for yourself." No no no! Why am I saying this crap? I'm supposed to...I don't know, keep her away or something? Now she's going to find out that I've been lying to her. I felt sure that she knows who the Impractical Jokers are by now. And when she comes back and sees Sal and Q, this is going to suck. Help me God!

"I would...if I could." mom spoke with a gloomy voice.

"What?"

"I-I'm...afraid there's been a slight change of plans. You see, during my business trip, I had to present a presentation to the other workers, and they loved it. They want me to go to Toronto and work on a business idea with my team." mom explains.

"Wait, in Toronto? That's in Cananda!" I act upset, but my inside is jumping with tremendous relief and joy. God has answered my prayers! "How long will you be there?"

"5 months." mom answers after a long pause.

Oh my god! Yes! Mom wont be back until the summer ends. This is perfect! More time to keep the house to myself. Can this summer get any better? "Oh mom...I can't believe you'll be gone for that long." I act upset. If I hadn't been taking drama lessons, my acting wouldn't be convincing.

"I'm sorry dear. And I'm afraid I won't be able to keep in touch of you as much." mom said. "This business trip thing is a big deal for me. If this idea becomes a success, we'll be rich."

Wow, mom going to Toronto for a few months, being rich, this is the best summer that's ever happened to me. I almost yelped a little squeal of joy. "Well, I guess the wait could be worth it." I spoke a little happier.

"If it becomes a success." mom notes as I can hear a slurping sound coming through the other end. Drinking coffee maybe. "I have to go now. My people need me."

"Starting to sound like Superwoman." I joke at her last sentence. Mom let out a slight chuckle, still loving me for who I am.

"I always appreciate your sense of humor." mom compliments. "The next time I get in touch with you, I want to speak to Dawn."

"No problem."

"Okay. I've go to go now. I'll talk to you real soon. I love you."

"I love you too mom." I said before hanging up the phone.

So, I've sort of telled her the truth, but why didn't I tell her that Sal is my new neighbour? Something was holding me back, but I don't know what. I wish I did though. I try not to let the tension get the best of me, so I laid back on the couch and needed some time to think.

"Hey Dawn, news flash!" I shout. "Turns out that mom wont be back in 5 months." I finish. I wait for the saddest reaction from my sister, tears filled with salty water ready to come out like waterfalls, the nonstop crying.

"YAY!"

Yay? Okay, not the reaction I was hoping for. Dawn loves our mom as much as I do. She hates seeing her leave the house. I guess she's changed. I wasn't able to concentrate on thinking about stuff since I heard a knock at the front door.

"I'll get it." Dawn shouts through the kitchen, coming out running to the front door seconds later. I heard the door swing open.

"Mel, it's for you!" Dawn says in a cheery tone. This can't be good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I really hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. What do you think of the story so far? Please feel free to vote if you love this story.

Now I know that I said that I was going to post one chapter per week between Thursday - Sunday, but school is kicking my ass right now and it's taking up a lot of my time. I will keep you guys updated if something happens. The next chapter is on the works and I will try my very best to finish it and get it posted ASAP!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.9K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
428K 25.9K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
195K 19.1K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
962K 21.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.