Born Lucky

Por Shayde1

Dylan Walker is a restaurant owner in Seattle, Washington who meets an unsuspecting Devon McKenna when her mo... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 part 1
Chapter 16 part 2
Chapter 17 part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18 part 1
Chapter 18 part 2

Chapter 4

48 2 0
Por Shayde1

Devon wasn't exactly sure of what she was feeling but after they had woken up from this morning's lovemaking, Dylan had made them a small breakfast and then suggested that she drive her home. Devon knew that just because they had spent the night together didn't mean they would have an automatic relationship but when Dylan made no mention of further plans, Devon couldn't help but feel like perhaps, even after all the words Dylan had spoken to her, that this was all there was to it. Then suddenly, she got a sick feeling in her stomach as she vaguely remembered saying she might be falling in love with her before she fell asleep the first time. Terrified, Devon glanced over at Dylan's strong profile as she watched her drive and wondered if she had blown it already. Why couldn't she have just kept her mouth shut!

What had she done? She'd probably scared the bejesus out of her and now Dylan wanted nothing to do with her. Dylan must think she was some love starved woman who clung on to the first person who paid her any attention. Oh God, how would she be able to fix this, she wondered as her heart beat wildly in her chest. Things had moved too fast and now Dylan couldn't wait to drop her off and move on. Devon knew she had acted hastily but she had never felt so much for anyone, not even her ex-husband Max had brought out the desire and passion that Dylan had.

"I hope your neighbors don't keep track of your coming and goings." Dylan smiled as she pulled into Devon's drive and shut the engine down.

"What"? She asked as if in another world, "Oh no, I'm not real close with my neighbors."

Dylan had expected to come in but suddenly wondered if maybe she had jumped the gun. She had noticed how quiet Devon had been all morning and especially on the drive back to her place. Maybe, she just needed some time for herself or maybe, she was having second thoughts.

"Would you like to come in"? Devon finally asked after realizing that Dylan was holding her keys in her hand.

Searching her eyes for a moment, Dylan finally smiled, "I was beginning to think you were tired of me already."

Sighing in relief, Devon laid her head back and put a hand to her heart, "No, I thought you were dropping me off because you were tired of me." She answered and Dylan suddenly understood why she'd been so quiet.

Reaching out Dylan took her hand, "I brought you home so you could shower and change or do whatever it is that you need to, I wasn't even sure if you had to work or not, but not because I'm tired of you." She told her honestly.

"I'm sorry Dylan," She replied shaking her dark mane lightly, "I don't know what's wrong with me, I feel like I don't know whether I'm coming or going...I'm not used to going this fast." Devon added watching Dylan intently.

"We can slow it down a bit." Dylan told her truthfully.

With a soft smile, Devon shook her head lightly again, "I don't see that happening soon as every time I look at you I want to be in your bed again."

Dylan felt her heart skip a beat and a tingle begin in her lower region as Devon's words sunk in, then clearing her throat she managed to get out, "Damn woman, you sure have a way with words."

"It's true though, I just keep thinking of how wonderful it felt in your arms but now I'm afraid that because I jumped in your bed so quickly, there's nothing left and you'll be done with me."

Leaning her head back against the headrest, Dylan looked in Devon's eyes and sighed, "It hurts to think that you believe I am that shallow."

"I don't mean that to hurt you Dylan, I just feel confused," Devon admitted sadly, "The last two days have been a whirlwind of emotions that I haven't felt in years."

Nodding, Dylan smiled lightly and said, "So let's go inside and figure it all out."

With relief in her eyes, "I'd like that." She admitted.

After going inside, Devon put on a pot of coffee and then went to take a quick shower, but not before Dylan kissed her softly telling her she would be right here when she got out. And when she did come back downstairs, Dylan thought she might have to go up and take a cold one herself as she looked at Devon's hair, still damp, hanging down her back in long soft curls...to Dylan, there was nothing sexier than wet hair, well okay, maybe if she had been wearing one of Dylan's button down oxfords to top off the whole effect.

"Thanks for letting me do that, I feel so much better now," Devon said with a smile, as she watched Dylan watch her hungrily, "You haven't seen the upstairs yet have you"? She added teasingly as she bit her lower lip.

Shaking her head because her voice had suddenly left her, Dylan felt an incredible need to feel Devon's soft warm body beneath her again, and the urge was almost overwhelming as she could feel the warmth spread through her body like a fire.

"Come, I'll give you a tour." She said knowingly as she held out her hand in invitation which Dylan immediately took, but as Devon began to lead her upstairs, someone knocked on the door. Turning around to face Dylan, her green eyes a shade darker as she knew exactly what was about to happen when they went upstairs, she gave Dylan a soft promising kiss before saying, "Hold that thought."

Standing on the steps waiting for Devon to return, Dylan tried to calm her hormones down. Devon was wreaking havoc with her sexual control issues; Dylan understood what Devon had been talking about in the car earlier because she was feeling the same way. She could barely keep her hands to herself, much less her mouth and any other part of her.

"Max, what are you doing here"? Dylan heard Devon say and immediately stiffened.

"Where is she"? He asked.

"Who"? Devon asked confusedly.

Taking a deep breath, Dylan came down to the bottom of the stairs and looked directly at him wondering why in the hell he was following her.

"Hello Maxwell." Dylan said coolly to the assistant deputy attorney.

Devon flipped around to face Dylan in confusion and with regret, Dylan realized that their moment was gone.

"You two know each other"? She asked incredulously.

"What are you doing here"? Dylan asked crossing her arms in front of her and leaning against the wall nonchalantly, "harassing me at my club is not enough now?

"I came to warn my wife that she was hanging around a criminal." Max stated watching Dylan through narrowed eyes, eyes that had always reminded Dylan of a criminal himself...Wait, back up; did he just say...Wife?

"Ex-wife," Devon snapped at him, "And just what the heck is going on"?

Shaking her head, Dylan laughed a little at the irony of it all, "This...is rich." She said unbelievingly.

"You haven't told her yet"? Max asked with a smirk.

"About what"? Devon asked, her head oscillating between the two of them as if watching a tennis match.

"There's nothing to tell." Dylan stated evenly with a shrug.

"Of course there is," Max returned, "Tell her what your nightclub is really for"?

"I've been to her club, it's very nice." Devon replied looking at Dylan.

"Oh, I know sweetheart... you were there all night." He said disdainfully.

Snapping her head back to Max, "Are you following me"? She asked angrily.

With a slow smile, Max shook his head, "No, we're following her...and if I were you, I'd stay as far from her as I could because one day very soon her whole world, including that club, is going to come tumbling down." He sneered, then added, "Isn't that right, and then I'll have you and your whole Irish mob family behind bars, just like your brother Sean is now."

"Watch yourself Maxwell; you're coming very close to threatening and slandering my name."

"You watch yourself McKay and know for a fact that I will be." Max retorted.

"I think you better leave." Devon replied opening the front door and using her hand to gesture him out.

Turning toward her, Max said, "Devon, you have no idea what her family has done... and still is." He stated watching her intently as if pleading with her to listen to him.

"Get out Max." She said again, and when he sighed and shook his head resignedly, Devon opened the door a little wider.

"If you hurt her..." He started looking back at Dylan as he stepped through the doorway, but Devon shut the door before he could finish and turned those hot emerald eyes back on Dylan.

"You want to tell me what he's talking about"? She demanded.

Running a hand through her hair, Dylan sighed and said, "You may want to sit down for this."

Dylan hadn't wanted to tell Devon about her family this way but she knew she had no other choice now, so she started from the beginning explaining how her family had ties to the IRA, and how she had tried her whole life to stay away from their ways and live her own life apart from them, even though they continued to badger her. She told her about her having to sneak out of Ireland without her father's knowledge and how he had never really gotten over it. How he had disowned his own brother because he and his wife Katie were the ones that had helped her escape.

"I was going to tell you Devon, it just hadn't come up yet." Dylan told her honestly.

Sitting on the sofa, looking a little shell shocked, Devon watched her intently for a moment before speaking,

"Max called you McKay, but I heard one of your employee's call you Ms. Walker...you're one of those McKay's"? She asked in surprise.

Nodding slowly, Dylan said, "Yes, I took on my grandmother's maiden name to escape the blowback, my name's actually Dylan McKay Walker."

"Did Max really put your brother in prison"? She wanted to know, her face showing sympathy and curiosity.

"Yes, one of them," Dylan confessed, "My oldest, Max has been harassing me ever since I opened the club and he found out who I was related too, he thinks I'm running a front for my family...and now, he'll be even more relentless because of you."

Standing up, Devon shook her head, "I need a drink."

Following her into the kitchen, Dylan knew this was the deal breaker and in a way she didn't blame her, the McKay name was not one people wanted to be associated with so she decided right then and there to just bow out gracefully.

"You know," Devon started pulling down to rock glasses, "Max and I divorced amicably so when I told him I had been dating women he seemed okay with it, I mean he's remarried and all."

"It's not about that Devon," Dylan told her watching Devon pour Jack Daniels into the two glasses. "It's me he wants."

"But you said, you've done nothing wrong." She said dropping a couple of ice cubes in the glasses before handing Dylan one.

"But my family has...and he thinks, since my name is the same, that I must be the same." Dylan said sadly taking a drink of the Jack Daniels, and watching Devon almost down hers in one swallow. Feeling her heart ache, Dylan stepped up in front of her and set both their glasses down before taking Devon's hands and placing them on her chest.

"Maybe it would just be best if I..." Dylan began but was immediately stopped by a finger to her lips.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Dylan." Devon stated watching her carefully.

Feeling painfully confused, Dylan searched her eyes and could see them pleading with hers, those beautiful green eyes showing fear.

"I just don't want you to get hurt," Dylan admitted softly, reaching out to touch her cheek with the back of her fingers, "Max won't quit here, he'll keep digging."

"Have you told me the truth about you and your family"?

"Of course I have." Dylan stated looking at her imploringly.

"Then the only way you could hurt me now is if you walk out of my life." Devon replied softly as she slid her arms around Dylan's neck.

"Why put yourself through this, it could get nasty from here on out." Dylan told her honestly but Devon simply smiled that secret smile that made her heart flutter and leaned into her,

"I'll do it because I believe you and because of this..." She replied then leaned into her and pressed her lips against Dylan's before slowly slipping her tongue inside of her mouth, "did you feel that..."? She asked knowingly, "I'm not ready to let that feeling go."

"I think you might be too good for me Devon McKenna." Dylan responded sliding her arms around her slender waist and dipping her head for another hungry kiss.

"And I think," She started in between kisses, "That I was going to give you a tour of the upstairs."

Closing her eyes, Dylan took a deep breath, "Yes, I think you were." She said opening her eyes again, "But Devon, why trust me over your ex-husband"? Dylan asked needing to be sure.

Looking up to meet her eyes, Devon smiled lightly and kissed the corners of Dylan's mouth, "Because I'm not sleeping with him." She purred, then took her hand and led her toward the stairs once again.

"Good point." Dylan admitted.

Once upstairs, Devon turned in Dylan's arms and smiled suggestively, "Do you want the extended tour or the short one"?

Putting her hands on Devon's hips, she pulled her body close, "I think we better skip the tour altogether and just show me the bedroom." Dylan told her gruffly.

With a seductive smile, Devon leaned in and kissed her lower lip, "This way then." She told her and stepped away with a handful of Dylan's shirt in her hands.

Devon didn't waste any time undressing her after they made it into the bedroom, pulling up Dylan's half zip sweater over her head and tossing it to the side. Dylan let her have the control for the first few minutes until she raked her nails down the front of Dylan's chest and slowly over her breast after removing her sports bra.

Then not being able to handle the teasing touch any longer, Dylan slipped a hand underneath her hair and pulled her to her waiting lips. Once their tongues touched, sparks flew and within minutes they were both naked and in Devon's bed.

Making love to Devon was like nothing Dylan had ever experienced, she was passionate to say the least. Every movement sent waves of pleasure through her body, regardless of whether she was giving or receiving. Devon was a fantasy come true and as she lay in her arms afterwards stroking her chest softly, Dylan kissed the top of her head and prayed silently that this would not blow up in her face at a later date. Although, it was too soon to say it out loud, Dylan knew she would be crushed if Devon changed her mind about seeing her.

Could this really be happening? Devon asked herself as she rubbed Dylan's chest lightly and glanced at the clock on the bedside table. Could she really be lying in bed at four in the afternoon having just made love to a woman who had ties to the IRA and that she may be in love with? It had been years since she'd made love in the afternoon and never had she felt so wickedly satisfied.

Max and her had always had a good sex life, or so she had thought. Now she wasn't sure anymore. Dylan had brought to life more feelings than she even knew existed, and now she wasn't sure what to do with them. It had been awhile since she'd even had a date, mainly because she had thrown herself into work, but now she wasn't sure what to expect. What was the next step, just the occasional date? Or maybe something long term? Devon knew that Dylan wanted to continue seeing her but what did that mean? The way she talked seemed like she was interested in seeing where this went but how could she be sure?

"Are you hungry"? Devon asked breaking the silence.

Rubbing her shoulder gently, Dylan thought for a moment before answering, "Actually, I am a little."

Leaning up on her elbow to look at Dylan, Devon smiled, "Mm, so you worked up an appetite, huh"?

"Oh yeah, you really made me work for that last one." Dylan laughed referring to Devon's ability to have multiple orgasms.

Using a French tipped fingernail to trace Dylan's lips seductively, Devon replied, "Give me a little while to regain my strength and I'll let you work me again."

Swallowing, Dylan felt her lower region twitch as a surge of want ran through her again, "Damn you woman." She groaned and leaned forward to capture her mouth.

Putting her hands to Dylan's face, Devon pulled away slowly and smiled knowingly, "Not yet darling, let's get some food in you first."

"Uhggg"! Dylan moaned laying back on her pillow in frustration.

Throwing the covers back and laughing lightly, Devon walked over to her walk in closet leaving Dylan to admire her flawless body, only to see her come back out wearing a silky white robe and carrying a black and gold pinstriped one in her hand. "Used to be Max's..." Devon told her as she handed the robe to her, "I don't think he'd mind." She winked.

"You're just evil." Dylan smiled as she took the robe from her, "I like it."

"Let me see what I can whip up, come on down whenever you're ready." Devon told her leaning down to give her a soft kiss before heading downstairs.

After using her restroom to wash up a little, Dylan put on the robe and headed downstairs to the kitchen to find Devon flitting around the kitchen making something that looked suspiciously like grilled cheese sandwiches and soup.

They did eat and they did make love again but when Dylan's cell phone rang at eight, she knew exactly who it was...Mark.

"What's up"? Dylan asked after digging her phone out of her pants pocket that had been shed and left on the floor earlier.

"Sorry to disturb you boss, but I thought you might want to know Maxwell Smart is here with an entourage of his lackey's" Mark said, referring to Devon's Ex-husband with the joke name they'd given him.

"Are you serious, what's he doing"? Dylan asked sitting up and feeling Devon's hand rubbing her back gently.

"Eating dinner and just being a general ass."

"Do you need me to come"?

"No, I just thought you'd want to know." Mark stated

"Well, just play nice, he's only there because he knows I'm here with Devon." Dylan told him.

"What"? Mark asked confusedly.

Shaking her head, Dylan sighed, "Never mind, I'll explain later, if you need me to come in just give me a call."

"Roger that, have a good rest of the night." Mark stated and then hung up the phone.

Hitting the end button on her cell, Dylan felt Devon's arms wrap around her from behind, "That was about Max, wasn't it"? She asked knowingly.

"Yeah, he's making his presence known." Dylan sighed reaching up to put her hand on Devon's forearm.

"Do you need to go"? She asked sliding around to lay across Dylan's lap, her breast just daring her to put her mouth on them.

Shaking her head, Dylan forced her eyes on Devon's green ones before saying, "No, that's what he wants me to do, because he knows I'm with you."

"I could go with you." She suggested.

Smiling, Dylan leaned down and used her tongue to lick over an already pert nipple, "Is that what you want to do"? Dylan asked tauntingly.

"Um, no I take that back." Devon replied, her voice sounding a little shaky as she took in a deep breath.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Dylan half smiled, "So we'll stay right here then." She added running her tongue across the other nipple this time.

"Mm, I like the sound of that," Devon whispered as she put a hand to the side of Dylan's head, "and, the feel."

Pulling Devon back up and across her body, she shivered in anticipation as their naked bodies seemed to melt into each other's. Running her hands down Devon's creamy smooth sides, she kissed her tenderly before saying, "You know he won't quit until he succeeds in running my business under...and I refuse to let that happen."

"I've only known you for two days Dylan, but I don't believe you would let anyone run your business under, much less my Ex." She responded softly before kissing her passionately, which quickly turned into another session of love making.

It was late before Dylan fell asleep even though Devon dozed off shortly after eleven. She couldn't help but watch the most beautiful woman she'd ever known sleep beside her. How could she have been so lucky? And what were all these feelings? Was she falling in love with a woman she'd only known for two days? And to top it off, this woman's ex-husband was the same that had been persecuting her for a year because of her family name...what was she supposed to do? The smart thing would be to stop seeing Devon before one of them got hurt...but her heart wanted to stay and see where all of this would take them...and with a small smile on her face, that was exactly what she decided to do before she drifted off to sleep with Devon snuggled close against her.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

939K 30.6K 24
Dylan lives a simple yet a complicated life. Her geek cousin was her only constant companion as she lives her life to the fullest. She's a nerd by da...
1K 78 18
When Elle Nilsen travels to Oregon to be her best friend Morgan's Maid of Honor at her wedding right after getting dumped, she resolves to find a fun...
162 26 11
Beautiful Anna Prescott got her heart broken by her boyfriend of 5 years who decided he didn't love her anymore and was going to marry his childhood...
8.5K 293 42
❝You don't want to be here and neither do i, so you're going to follow me to my car and come home with me until we figure out what to do with your fr...